Statistics

269,496 members
149,203 posts
  • nkrcompany
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Voicelive2, Voicelive play have MIDI CC114 control message to bypass effects. I cannot find any information about bypass MIDI message in Voicelive 3 extreme manual. I've tried sending CC114 with 127 value but nothing happens. Can you help me, how should I bypass vocal effects using midi? Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 165
    • nkrcompany
      PetGerbil Can you activate the Tuner from Midi ? That would bypass the Vocal effects.
      • September 17, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        nkrcompany No, I can't because I don't know the midi CC of the tuner either. In the manual the midi cc list is too lightweight.
        • September 17, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        PetGerbil Hmmm, The only other way I can think of is to maybe create a "Step" with all the fx off. Or,individually turn each effect off with seperate CC's. P.I.T.A either way. :/
        • September 17, 2020
  • New
    geobluesguy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-30

Can the SingThing trigger vocal harmonies using only midi (with no audio) from a keyboard similar to the TC Helicon Perform VK?

I would like to have the option of running my keyboard audio as a separate stereo signal to the main mixer board but retain the ability to trigger vocal harmonies from my keyboard.

read more...
    0 162
    • geobluesguy
      kiskadar69 I don't think it's possible.
      Q: "Sorry to say that, but you guys don't even show how to connect a keyboard in MIDI mode. Please show your ports. I have a SingThing and I'm so confused in connecting to my keyboard."(Behzad,2018)
      A: "Hey Behzad. With the SingThing you connect your keyboard via 1/8 connector in the Aux/Keys port on the back of the unit. The MIDI would be for setting up a MIDI controller to "Hit" the different effects. If you have any other questions you can find a lot of information in our manuals on our website under Support. Have fun and I hope that helped! (TC-Helicon,2018)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfqqTnhLJCg
      • December 31, 2020
      • Triggering midi harmonies on TC Helicon SingThing from keyboard
        geobluesguy That's too bad. Keyboard midi harmony is an excellent feature on the Perform VK. Soundmen typically want vocals and instruments in separate channels for FOH mixing and the Perform VK's keyboard midi harrmony feature faciltates this. Thanks for the info.
        • December 31, 2020
      • Triggering midi harmonies on TC Helicon SingThing from keyboard
        MaReppi You can simply insert keys sound to "Guitar-IN" and set "Guitar"-Level (mixer of singthing) to OFF. In this case only your voice will be send over singthing output, but harmonics will work fine.

So: Insert harmonics audio to guitar-in, setting guitar-level to OFF and have fun.
        • November 4, 2021
  • onehand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-24

My PlayAcoustic unit came on with a blue screen only when powered up last night at the gig.

What is the solution for reloading the firmware into it?  I found a video on the SweetWater website,

however when I clicked on the link for the firmware/build version it wasn't there.  Maybe there is 

a solution that I am not aware of.  I DID get the unit into 'all lights blinking' Boot Mode.  That's as

far as I could get.    I'm stuck at that.

Thanks

read more...
    0 160
    • onehand
      PedroRodrigues Hi Ron, please submit an assistance request by following the link below so we can assist you with more tools. Thank you https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • October 26, 2020
    • onehand
      thisisjust9

hi onehand, you can try this steps: Perform a factory reset to your unit followed by a firmware update over USB with the Voice Support 2 software, please follow the link below to gain access to VoiceSupport: https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Vocal/Apps/VOICESUPPORT-2/p/P0CMP/Downloads#googtrans(en|en) 

To perform a Factory Reset please follow the guidance below: -When powering up the unit, press and hold the two “arrow” buttons next to the Control Knob. -Any changes you have made to presets will be erased!

-Back up your custom presets via VoiceSupport. -If that doesn’t solve the issue, try these steps for the Play Acoustic Blue Screen Recovery Windows users go to MIDIOX.com and download MIDI-OX. http://www.midiox.com/ Mac users go to Snoize.com to download Sysex Librarian. https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ To install the app, open you Downloads folder, double click the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Download the firmware file PlayAcoustic 1.5.00 BUILD74 MIDIOX.syx and the recovery file. https://wsi.li/dl/q2XofQQkBjZqHcPz9/ 

• October 6, 2021
  • New
    boloulu
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-05

So, Ive seen demos of the VL3X use a talkbox preset so you can do Joe walsh, Peter Framton, even Jerry Cantrell Man in The Box without a wah pedal. When I go to the guitar bank and and to the preset I get nothing. What gives? Anyboy know how this works? same thing occurs with vocoder preset. zilch nada . Apprecite any help. Unfortunately there are no tutorials for this on YouTube by anyone or by The TC helicon  demo guys

read more...
    0 148
  • New
    trouceaux
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-24

My VoiceLive Touch 2 was working fine, but when I turned it off and on again, it's got a blue screen. I've read that a rare firmware issue can cause this to occur and I've already download the suggested .exe file and tried to complete the update.

The process is 100% completed but my VoiceTouch2 still doesn't work (blue screen + fixed light on "edit" and flashing light on "store")

PLEASE, HELP ME! 

Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 141
  • djmorgan17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-08

Revised - as I just received a USB-A to USB-A cable from Amazon and it doesn't work either...

I've had a VL3 for several years, but gave up on it shortly after getting it.  Now I'm back. Firmware is v1.0.20 ! and needs updating.   

I have tried using both a USB-A to micro-USB B cable and a USB-A to USB-A cable, both of which I have tried plugging into my mac and appropriate USB port on the VL3.  I have downloaded the VoiceSupport2 app.  When I run it with the VL3 on and plugged in as above, the program tells me there are no MIDI capable devices available.  It doesn't see the VL3 despite power on power off, unplug plug in, and anything else I could think of.

To add insult to injury, if I click on the "More Info..." button for 'more information on diagnosing connection problems, I get a black screen telling Safari can't find the server (music-group.force.com).

HELP!!!!   I am out of options with a VL3 with very obsolete firmware.   

read more...
    0 140
    • djmorgan17
      Nigel67 One option would be to try and upgrade the unit through a USB key. Please see our KB article
      https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-02353
      • September 9, 2020
      • Updating firmware ???   Help -  my mac w VoiceSupport2 doesn't see my VL3
        Nigel67 Can you also check that the Midi Source is set to USB
        • September 9, 2020
        djmorgan17 Thanks. Just put in Care Request. But why is my Mac and VoiceSupport2 not seeing the unit???? And which USB connection are you supposed to use???? or can you use either???? Manual sucks - all kinds of information that should be in there isn't. Is there another resource with more detailed info like the above, and what each of the effects actually changes (gender, portamento, etc.) ??? And why is the More Info link broken - where on the web is the current info on troubleshooting connection problems??? Thank you.
        • September 9, 2020
        Nigel67 Have you checked that on the VL3 Midi Source is set to USB as I mentioned in my previous message.. This is the usual reason that the MAC and Windows machine are not seeing it. There is only one USB connector that you can plug a USB memory stick into which is the Type A. The Voicelive3 when purchased, would have been supplied with a USB Type A to a USB Type B Mini for connection between your PC and unit. Have you visited our KB article section which may have answered your connection problem? https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-US/knowledgebase/category/?id=CAT-01007
        • September 10, 2020
        Nigel67 I will also report the more infor issue you experienced. It looks as though the link is incorrect.
        • September 10, 2020
    • djmorgan17
      djmorgan17 Just got the update file from Jason, loaded onto a USB and successfully downloaded it. Am now updated to V2.2.00 build 366 and VoiceLive2 now sees the unit. Thanks for the help.
      • September 10, 2020
        djmorgan17 While we're communicating, can you tell me where VoiceLiveEditor (VL3 Free) from voiceliveeditor.com is safe to download. I find editing the VoiceLive 3 presets from the device itself extremely cumbersome and time consuming. Using an Mac-based editor with a full screen to work with would be so much easier. Would love to know your or others experience with it. Thanks!
        • September 10, 2020
        djmorgan17 sorry - "tell me whether" not "tell me where"
        • September 10, 2020
        PetGerbil I highly recommend the Voicelive editor software. (for what my opinions worth ) It makes everything soo much easier. It's author used to post on here,he was/is a very knowledgeable and helpful fella, until..... well,y'know... Uli B turned up and destroyed the community. It's totally safe.
        • September 11, 2020
        djmorgan17 Thanks - though not sure what I'm doing taking advice from a gerbil... And since I just got up here, who the hell is Uli B and why didn't they bump him off if he was that disruptive...?
        • September 11, 2020
        PetGerbil Uli Behringer, The pointy haired boss, The one who bought TC-Helicon, The one responsible for this atrocious website. or Billy Bull%^&^ as I like to call him.
        • September 12, 2020
  • New
    AlMorello
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-24

I'm looking to back up my ENTIRE Voicelive 3 Extreme, including my backing tracks I've loaded in. Is the method in this video still current? I want to clone one unit to another unit as a back up. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJRCi3Ks3-8

read more...
    2 138
    • AlMorello
      AlMorello How to back up Voicelive 3 Extreme? Anyone...anyone...Bueller...Bueller?
      • December 26, 2020
    • AlMorello
      AlMorello Halo?
      • December 31, 2020
    • AlMorello
      JohnGross IM TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING. POSTED HERE BUT NO RESPONSE EITHER.
      • February 1, 2021
    • AlMorello
      voodoofuzz Hey! Yes, the same here. I have a second unit I require for backup. There is no way other than to export/import the performance data for each patch. I believe the performance data file must contain the backing track as well as it is big!! I've yet to test this, I will let you know. I've also taken a photo of all my setup & volumes settings and printed them to keep in my gig bag. It's handy as it's so easy to accidentally alter a volume by mistake. Least you can use this to setup the second unit! I'm confused about backups using voice support when you swap units tho?
      • April 11, 2021
  • New
    gerdo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-23

I like my VL3X, it is a great combination of functionalities, but what I am really missing is some MIDI features:

1. MIDI start and stop
    I have not found a way to start and stop a backing track on the VL3X, based on incoming MIDI start/stop commands. Am I missing something here or are there any plans to implement this?

2. MIDI map feature
    I have some guitar effect pedals and preamps that can receive and send MIDI CCs or PCs for changing presets. Could you please implement something like the MIDI map functionality on the TC Electronic G-System or Nova System (possibility to configure MIDI commands to send, for each button on the device and for every single preset each)? 

3. Sequence Recording, including MIDI
    On the VL3X you have this great feature of recording a sequence, so that you can automate effect changes during a performance. It would be great if you could also include incoming MIDI commands into this sequence recording. At the moment, it seems, only the keypresses on the device itself are recorded. With other midi capable pedals connected to the MIDI IN/OUT of the VL3X you would be able to also include preset changes on these pedals into the sequence recording.

Please, keep up the good work and please continue to improve the device!

best regards
    Gerd

read more...
    2 137
    • gerdo
      LuisLugo That's exactly what I'm looking for with my Voicelive 3. The manual lists just a few MIDI commands related to vocal and guitar effects but surely there has to be many more, like the actions that can be assigned to an external switch and an external expression pedals via the TRS connections at the back. I have just acquired an MC-6 MIDI Controller and I'm at a loss trying to reach this VL3 capabilities via this unit.
      • December 26, 2020
    • gerdo
      Photologik

I totally agree! The VL3X is a powerful device but lacks quite some functionality! Yes, sequencing incoming midi commands would be great but the simple use of the backing tracks or looping through midi should be ESSENTIAL! How is the device supposed to be in sync with other midi devices if it's not possible to playback or loop through midi commands?! I know it can be a slave btw, but how can the backing track be in sync with a groovebox for example? Looping should work but only controlled directly in the unit! For those using external controllers like me this is a big turn off! I guess TC HELICON wanted this device to be the center piece in a setup and only dependable on itself...poor decision... The more I use it and the more features seem left behind or else I pass days with headaches with no positive results... Atm, I'm only using vocal fx and some guitar fx to complement my rig. Midi, looping and audio routing are a disaster....(with confusing unintuitive modes! There's 3 inputs+backing tracks+met and 2 stereo outputs, why can't we just assign any input to any mono or stereo output?!?! Specially the AUX input going to the vocal output is ridiculous...) The fx are not bad but expected better, specially for the guitar! It sounds quite bad (fake and synthesised)! Even the booster that should just clean boost the signal brings in artificial sound! .... But well, that's another story and I'm done complaining... Unfortunately, I don't think there will be any firmware update, the device has quite some years since it was released and profits from it are probably enough so, why care? The TC HELICON "flagship" says it all to me and although it's entertaining, it's far from professional use, it remembered me that we learn from our mistakes, which means that next time I'll make a better choice for sure

• Jan 8
  • New
    Seemam3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-09

I have a Play Acoustic and love the presets. Thinking about buying a Singthing just to use as a quick and easy practice amp/voice processor and have been trying in vain to find a list of the preset vocal effects on the Singthing. It would be nice if they were the same as on the Play Acoustic since those are the ones I use when performing.

read more...
    0 137
    • Seemam3
      PedroRodrigues Hi,Keith, Please be aware that with the Control Knob, you use it to scroll through presets, adjust level settings, control effects parameters, and more! Press the knob while on the home screen to select the displayed preset as one of your favorites.
      With the Navigation Buttons you can switch between presets.
      Connect the unit with VoiceSupport to manage your presets and keep your products updated with our latest firmware, please follow the link below to access VOICESUPPORT https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      • December 10, 2020
      • Looking for Preset List on Singthing
        Seemam3 I think there is some confusion. I know how to access the presets and adjust them and save them to favorites. I don't need that or updated firmware. What I want to know is this... If I buy a SingThing, are the same vocal effect presets going to be available that are available on my Play Acoustic? For example, the factory preset #7 is Rockabilly Slap on my Play Acoustic. Will I find that same preset on the SingThing? I use my Play Acoustic for performing but am thinking about getting a SingThing as a practice amp and want to make sure it will have the same vocal effects on it that I am currently using on my Play Acoustic. Sorry if that wasn't clear. A list of factory presets on the SingThing is really what I was after and I cannot find a text list of it anywhere.
        • ·
        • December 10, 2020
      • Looking for Preset List on Singthing
        PedroRodrigues Hi Keith, unfortunately the SingThing does not have the same presets than the Play Acoustic.
        • December 11, 2020
  • New
    chess200
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-01

Trying to find out the difference TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 and TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 extreme. For purchase.

0 136
    • chess200
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chris, please be aware that the between the Voice Live 3 and the Voice Live 3 Extreme, the core layout of the pedal is identical and the top portion shows the same features and for the most part the features don’t either.
      Generally, these pedal works in “layers,” with a dedicated footswitch to change between controls for vocal effects, guitar effects and the looper, and the user can store one setup in each layer, so a set of vocal effects and guitar effects, and an associated loop in a Preset.
      There are 250 factory presets and room for 250 more of your own.
      The amount of storage space is one of the biggest differences in the Extreme version.
      The 4 GB storage space on the Voice Live 3 has been quadrupled to 16 GB on the Voice Live 3 Extreme, this is particularly useful because the Voice Live 3 Extreme adds the ability to store backing tracks.
      You can import any backing tracks from a USB stick and choose to associate one of them with a Preset instead of a loop, and then when you switch to the looper layer the pedal will go into backing track playback mode instead.
      For more information please follow the link below to access a video for the Voice Live 3 and the Voice Live 3 Extreme:

https://youtu.be/6wl9B6Rg5f4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGaaqeO3ew
      • December 1, 2020
    • chess200
      voodoofuzz IMHO, the s/h value of these units is almost identical yet the extreme has so many more advantages - it would be crazy to choose the VL over the VLX.!
      • April 11, 2021
Go to page