Statistics

249,411 members
126,416 posts
  • New
    B4Hand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-10

I have a Voicelive 3 and when it is powered up in just stays in the Loading mode. This is my 3rd VL3 EX. It took me a while to get the sounds the way I like and I can't seem to dial my others in to get the same sound. How can I get my sounds off the unit? Computer Desktop somehow? 
    also can I return it for repair?

read more...
    0 93
    • B4Hand
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Michael Please follow the link below to access our list of Partners, Resellers and Service Centers so you can select the option closest to your location https://www.tc-helicon.com/buy.html....Thank you
      • December 11, 2020
    • B4Hand
      B4Hand So.... No real solution or advice other than go to a service center....
      • December 12, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme stuck in “Laoding” mode
        PedroRodrigues Hi Michael, based on your description the only solution for your unit is to be inspected, therefor my suggestion is for you to contact a service center to quickly resolve this matter. Please follow as advised d an contact a service center by following the link below to get your unit inspected. Thank you
        • December 14, 2020
    • B4Hand
      B4Hand I looked at your supplied map of Authorized service centers and it doesn’t look like there are any Service centers anywhere near me . I am in Shirley, NY 11967.. Can you tell me if you have any service centers close to me.
      • December 14, 2020
    • B4Hand
      B4Hand 4 days and No reply. This Site is some of the worst customer support that I have seen for any gear site..
      • December 17, 2020
  • BobKraus
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-29

I am using a Blue Encore 200 mic which is powered by the internal phantom power of the Voice Live. During performance at random times, I get a high pitched squeal which is not a feedback squeal, but more like a digital/processor sound. I have noticed that the mic gain, when turned up too much, give a consistent squeal, but what is weird is that with the gain turned down, I do not get much visual signal indication from the mic signal led. It's not broken but I am looking for tips on the mic gain, and any insight to the squealing.

read more...
    0 88
    • BobKraus
      leah Hello @BobKraus ,

I've just checked the Blue enCore 200 and it seems to be a dynamic mic. You won't need phantom power to use the mic with the Play Acoustic. Please turn off phantom power to prevent damage to your microphone and try adjusting the mic gain again. Let me know how this works!

Thanks!
      • September 29, 2020
      • Random High Pitched Squeal - TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Acoustic
        BobKraus Not True. Here's the first line on Blue's web site abut the Encore 200.
        "The world’s first studio-grade phantom powered active dynamic microphone is here—and it’s called enCORE 200."
        • September 29, 2020
      • Random High Pitched Squeal - TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Acoustic
        leah Hello BobKraus ,

My apologies for the misunderstanding, since dynamic mics don't typically need phantom power, this was my first guess to the issue you're having. I will be running this by our testing team to see if they can provide any insight.

In the meantime, have you tried a firmware update and/or factory reset on your device? Many times, you may just be experiencing a software issue within your device. You can find the steps for both here:
        https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=c111d238-30a7-ea11-a812-000d3ac693d8&brand=TC%20Helicon

Let me know if you continue to experience this issue after the update/reset. Thanks!
        • September 30, 2020
  • New
    CityTribe76
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-06

I usually use my tc helicon Voicelive 2 with an expression pedal to control and modulate the level of the harmonies during live performances. Now I'm thinking to buy the harmony singer 2 because I need something more smart and portable, but I'm wondering if I can follow using my expression pedal to control the harmony level and how. Thank you for your support

read more...
    0 88
    • CityTribe76
      kiskadar69 Harmony Singer 2 has no expression pedal input.
      • December 7, 2020
    • CityTribe76
      kiskadar69 To the best of my knowledge, neither the TC-Helicon Play series nor the TC-Helicon Perform series accept expression pedals. VoiceLive 2 is perfect for the job.
      A small vocal effect could be a workaround, with only the vocals without harmony appearing on the first output and only harmony on the second output. The volume of the second output should be controlled with a normal volume pedal.
      • December 7, 2020
  • New
    CheyenneGoff
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-29

I've opened 2 support tickets and have not gotten any return contact regarding the issue.  One ticket was inexplicably closed out as "problem solved".  I've tried calling TC helicon directly but, despite it being within the regular business hours, am told y automated message that I've reached them outside of regular business hours.  I just want to get my pedal fixed. The dial and 1 of the stomp switches has broken off just through normal use. I'm a regularly gigging musician and this pedal is a fixture for me. 

read more...
    0 86
    • CheyenneGoff
      JacksonMace I agree with you ... I phoned as well and instead of connecting to a "real person" it went to dial tone. I'm a newcomer to Tribe but so far ... it's been frustrating. Just purchased a VoiceLive 3 so I sure hope the customer support will materialize from somewhere.
      • December 29, 2020
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi Jackson, if you have not yet done so I would recommend submitting a support ticket. This can be done by going to the support tab at the top of the page and scrolling down to the relevant are i.e. Service, Technical, Spare parts. If you do already have a case open could you please share with me your case number and I will investigate further.
        • December 29, 2020
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        JacksonMace Thanks for the reply Chris. I was thinking that informational questions like mine didn't really require a support ticket. I kind of assumed those were more for repairs. I see someone else has replied to my question. It looks as if they searched the site and found someone else's questions that were similar to mine and then sent me the replies. Anyway thanks for getting back to me.
        • December 30, 2020
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        JacksonMace Oh ..... and when I did look at a support ticket ... it requested a serial number. My question was being asked so that that I could decide whether or not to buy a Voicelive 2. So I couldn't proceed.
        • December 30, 2020
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi Jackson, I am glad to see your question was answered and please also accept my apologies I did not see your previous question. For future reference if you did require to get in touch with us via the ticketing system there is a Pre Sales section which will not request information such as serial number.
        • December 30, 2020
    • CheyenneGoff
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Cheyenne, I hope you are well. Looking at our system I can see responses have been sent out on both of your cases and my colleagues dealing with them are currently awaiting a response. It is highly possible the responses could have routed to your spam or junk folders so I would recommend checking these locations. Please let me know if you cannot find them and I will ask for them to be resent.
      • December 29, 2020
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        CheyenneGoff Chris, I have nothing in my spam/junk folder either....can you ensure the address is [email protected] and I will make sure to check back later today.
        • December 30, 2020
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi Cheyenne, thanks for getting back to me. I have double checked and they email address is correct, i will ask my colleague who has your case to resend this for you.
        • December 30, 2020
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        CheyenneGoff Really strange...I'm getting nothing at that address. Not in junk, other or focused
        • December 30, 2020
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        CheyenneGoff Perhaps if emails are not getting through, the musictribe messaging system could be used? As bars and restaurants (hopefully) open soon here in Michigan, I'd love to not miss a beat with my beloved PlayAcoustic.
        • December 30, 2020
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi Cheyenne, do you have a different email address I could have my colleague add to his response?
        • December 30, 2020
    • CheyenneGoff
      CheyenneGoff [email protected] is another one. I don't understand why I'm not getting email communications as I'm receiving notifications for responses to this message board...?
      • Jan 2
      • Play Acoustic Pedal
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi Cheyenne, I have asked the response to be resent to the email address on your account along with the new one provided. My only other thinking as to why the responses may not be reaching you is that your email provider is blocking them, this is just a guess at best though and I cannot fully confirm this is the cause. It may be worth trying to see if you can set approved accounts just in case this is the issue.
        • Jan 3
  • stephensmiles
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-15

Hi.

Ploease could someone respond to my case ref: CAS-144682-T0G1X5 which I opened 10 days ago.  I am trying to locate a spare part.

This is no urgent.

0 85
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Now urgent
      • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      john0121 Hi Stephen, I'll have a look at this and make sure someone reaches out today. Apologies for the delay.
      • October 15, 2020
      • Unresolved service case
        stephensmiles Thank you
        • October 15, 2020
      • Unresolved service case
        stephensmiles Hi John. Is the below suggesting that I order a part? Hi. The dial on the top of my unit no longer works. I felt a click and then it worked no more. Are you able to provide a replacement circuit board? I have previously enquired about this on ticket ref CAS-88398-X1W5B1 and was sent a link #googtrans(en|en)" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en)">https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en) which brought me back here. Please can you help me to source a replacement part Y32-00001-75577----Replaces TC part# 7E34001611 Old MT part # Q09-00001-62920
        • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      john0121 Hi Stephen, My colleague Dani has picked up on your case and sent you a quote for the requested part. Check your inbox and spam just in case.
      • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Thanks John. All sorted now. Much appreciated. I have another question. I'm about to buy a condenser mic, probably a Rode NT1 or Aston Origin. Both require 48v phantom power. Will my Voiceplay live support this?
      • November 4, 2020
  • New
    PeteMoody
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-23

Hey guys, looking for some advice...

I recently picked up a new Performer VK for my keyboard so I can bolster my band's vocal harmonies.  However, I'm having difficulty trying to get it to work off my keyboard's note MIDI output. I don't want to run my keyboard audio through the Performer VK with my vocals mixed into one stereo feed because vocals and instruments are run into separate channels on our mixer (for obvious reasons).

Is there a way the Performer VK can just listen to my keyboard's midi notes and work the harmonies off that, or can I run the headphone out from my keyboard to the Performer VK instrument input to achieve the same purpose, but not have the keyboard audio come out of the performer?

Hopefully others have come across this and resolved it :)

Many thanks!!

read more...
    0 83
    • PeteMoody
      PedroRodrigues Hi PeterMoody Please be aware that the PERFORM-VK responds to Control Change (CC), Program Change (PC) and MIDI Tempo (not MIDI Clock) information. To block incoming CC and PC messages, hold the Set button while powering on. Note data will still be accepted in this state.
      For convenience, we have mapped many PERFORM-VK CC’s to the Behringer UMA25s controller keyboard.
      The “UMA25s Mapping” column shows the button or control on the UMA25s related to each control.
      MIDI PC Messages The product’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127
      MIDI CC List The following chart shows a list of all available control changes.
      The MIDI channel can be set by holding the Set button and pressing a note on a connected MIDI keyboard.
      The MIDI channel on which this note was sent will be used as the MIDI receive channel.
      • Feb 23
    • PeteMoody
      PeteMoody Thank you for your comprehensive reply Pedro :)
      What I actually discovered is that I don't need to plug the keyboard audio into the VK for it to pick-up the notes I play. Actually I merely had to plug in a MIDI cable from the keyboard out into the VK and it automatically picks the harmonies needed which is fantastic because the manual does not explicitly state this. I originally thought that MIDI only worked in "Notes Mode" but in fact it works in all Harmony modes.

So to all other keyboard players out there who are loaded with the task of doing all the backing vocals in their band, this device is perfect for that!!

The only thing I don't like about this harmoniser is that it follows the vibrato of the source voice which sounds very robotic. What would be great is if the harmoniser would just provide the additional harmonies but ignore or alter the vibrato so that they are not an exact copy of the source voice (like real backing singers do) and also turn down the sibilants on the harmony voices. That would create more realistic backing vocals.
      • Feb 23
  • New
    MartyCansler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-12

I just purchased a Perform VG and tried to attach it to my mic stand.  I think it must only fit  the upper portion of the mic stand, but this still seems to be too large.  Mine, and most I have found are 5/8" diameter.  I have an older one that has an upper tube of 1/2".  This seems to fit well.  

So which size should it best fit?  Will I break this if I try to attach it to the 5/8" tube?  

read more...
    0 80
    • MartyCansler
      PedroRodrigues Hi, MartyCansler I would suggest to use a mic stand with 3/8" diameter to use with the Perform VG
      • Jan 12
    • MartyCansler
      MartyCansler Thank you for your reply. Do you know who makes a mic stand with this size?
      • Jan 12
      • Mic Stand Mount size for Perform VG
        PedroRodrigues Hi Marty I'm sure you will find a few solution on Thomann
        • Jan 13
    • MartyCansler
      MartyCansler Thank you Pedro. Just does not seem common to find this 3/8” diameter and no one list these specifications online.
      • Jan 15
  • New
    LuisFerreira
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-04

Hello,

Last year I created a ticket about the issue I'm facing with my TC-Helicon VoiceLive play. Until now no answer from the support.

I have performed all kinds of reset to the device explained in the manual (full reset etc....)  , installed the latest firmware etc... nothing solved .

The issue is the LCD screen display the information of the patch goes reverse and can not be readable from time to time, power off the unit and power up again solve the issue until after a few minutes (30m or 1h or so ) the LCD display goes reverse again.

Can someone help me on that ?  Anyone had this issue? 

In attach a picture of the issue.

Thanks for the support

read more...
    0 80
    • LuisFerreira
      DavidKnighton Hello LuisFerreira,
      Sorry to hear you haven't been in touch. Quite often if you don't hear from us, it's because your email server spammed our reply. Always check spam/junk inbox when expecting a reply. I would say this issue likely needs to be examined. Go ahead and click the SUPPORT tab and submit a TECH SUPPORT inquiry. Once submitted, you should get an automatic reply with a case number that begins with CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx. Provide me with that case number and I'll see to it that someone responds.
      • May 4
    • LuisFerreira
      LuisFerreira Hi David , thanks for your reply, I have create a new ticket "Ticket Number: CAS-450888-X7V5L3". Sometime was not correct on my last ticket request as this time. I get a message with ticket number that I did not happen on the other request. Thanks for your support. Regards - Luis
      • May 5
  • New
    Potapov
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

Hi! Is there some sort of block diagram that what goes into a guitar processor. I can't understand why the drive turns off the amp, and the compressor lives its own life, can work on its own as an Overdrive and not respond to the output equalizer...

read more...
    2 80
    • Potapov
      Potapov what goes for what?
      • December 21, 2020
    • Potapov
      PetGerbil If you've got that diagram, then I assume you've got this one ?...
      I'm not too sure myself what goes where, But I think the "drive" block just replaces the gain part of the "Amp" setting when activated, leaving the other settings of the "Amp" unchanged.
      At a guess, this is because it is much quicker to swap between 2 or 3 settings of the "Drive" part, rather than have to reload into memory all the settings of the "amp". Most of which wouldn't need to be changed if all you need is more gain.
      • December 22, 2020
      • block diagram guitar proceccing voicelive3
        Potapov Yes, thanks for the diagram. Glad that wah-wah goes in front of the drive. You can find a good resonance to create an amazing sound for heavy metal. After I figure out where the fault is and what makes the overload in the guitar path...
        • ·
        • December 23, 2020
  • yuriamorim
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-26

Hello everyone,

Just joined the Music Tribe Community in order to be able to check around the TC Helicon family some things I'm willing to achieve with my recently acquired Voicelive Touch 2 + Switch 6 combo.

The more pressing question is the one I put as the subject for this inquiry. I'm a singer-songwriter and I REALLY want to be able to control the Slider FX effects with a dedicated Expression Pedal - so I don't have to use my hands for triggering them momentarily and/or controlling its intensity.

Since I'm already using the Switch 6 in the footswitch port - and unfortunately it seems that you don't have the option to assign this for one of the footswitches - it seems to me that the only way to achieve this would be using an Expression Pedal connected thru MIDI. Can someone confirm if that's possible? I checked the manual (and this forum), but couldn't find the answer. If it's possible, then would any Expression pedal work or is there some brands/models that are more advisable for getting this to work?

I'm hoping to get myself an Helix Floor (or LT) in the near future, and I could try using the Wah/Expr. pedal for that purpose (has anyone already done that?), but maybe it's best if I get a dedicated one just for the VLT2 - so I could have the Helix for controlling guitar effects whenever I need.

I was thinking of getting this EX3 model, made by this Poland brand called Beat Bars, which outputs MIDI both thru USB or a MIDI port. Here's the link for it: https://beatbars.com/en/midi-expression-pedal.html Does anyone know if that would work as I intend it to? 

Another doubt concerning the Slider FX: is it possible to increase the decay time of the effects (when triggered) so they don't disappear right away from pressing the slider FX region? That would be handy in the case that I can't control this via Expression Pedal. But I'd much rather having the expression pedal possibility though... That would grant me more control and expressivity.

I'll  greatly appreciate any feedback on this matter. Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 79
    • yuriamorim
      yuriamorim I've looked into the MIDI Implementation on the manual and there seems to be no MIDI CC number attributed to the Slider FX. That makes me think that maybe it's not possible to do what I want. If that's the case, would it be possible to include such a thing in a future firmware update? Does TC Helicon still keep "updating" this line of products (VLT2) - when was the last firmware update released anyway? - or would they do so if asked by the users community (in case it's theoretically possible)? I'm "late" to the game, but that feature would really make this piece of gear really shine (not that it doesn't already). There's still potential locked in this baby.
      • July 26, 2020
Go to page