Statistics

249,557 members
126,580 posts
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-02-06
    I just discovered there are KB articles

Errors/Omissions in User Manuals and "new previously unpublished info" there. Seems User Manuals are no longer updated. Check the KBs for latest info and answers to your questions.

Wish I would have heard about KBs when I bought my last 3 products. Am I the last to find this out??
    read more...
    0 2,813
    • DannyG
      rondallowens Link is no longer valid
      • September 25, 2020
    • DannyG
      DannyG Looks like we're back to having very little info about our products. KB articles is gone.
      • September 25, 2020
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-01-03
    Hey TC Helicon,
    Please add the capability to control the amount of Pitch Correction to something other than the factory preset. We know you could do that in a software update. We want to be able to set the amount higher than the factory setting, or take it all the way to "HardTune" without having to beam in the preset.
    Didn't all your earlier boxes with Pitch Correction have adjustment knobs? Why did you drop that valuable feature?
    On the Perform-V series, Just set it up like other effects, where we hold the Pitch button and adjust with the colored ring around the central knob, and that gets assigned to the selected 1 of 3 Preset buttons.
    read more...
    0 1,068
    • DannyG
      FrankWestcott Would like to see this on the perform V
      • March 4, 2018
    • DannyG
      ChrisTidestrom

Email;137968 wrote:

Hey TC Helicon,

Please add the capability to control the amount of Pitch Correction to something other than the factory preset. We know you could do that in a software update. We want to be able to set the amount higher than the factory setting, or take it all the way to "HardTune" without having to beam in the preset.

Didn't all your earlier boxes with Pitch Correction have adjustment knobs? Why did you drop that valuable feature?

On the Perform-V series, Just set it up like other effects, where we hold the Pitch button and adjust with the colored ring around the central knob, and that gets assigned to the selected 1 of 3 Preset buttons.

Check out Ian's excellent VK editor app at voiceliveditor.com
      • March 24, 2018
  • davidmck
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Just purchased used VL3. (2nd July 2020) Trying to update firmware, but Voicesupport says no internet connection to TC Helicon server? Have now tried on three different computers and same message, Sometimes get message to say VL3 being used by another program (it isn't)
    read more...
    0 971
    • davidmck
      PlamenPenev I have the same problem. After a reset of VoiceLive 3, Voicesupport 2 does not connect to the Internet. And this for several days now - there are no answers, and I can't work.
      • July 3, 2020
    • davidmck
      SpyderZA I am having the same problem with Voicesupport and Voicesupport 2. My Voicelive Touch 2 is pretty useless now and I have also got work to finish.
      • July 3, 2020
    • davidmck
      FabioValdez If you were using it before, just disconnect from internet and start the program, then you can connect again. If it's a fresh new installed then there's no workaround because it requires connection to the server for first time running. In the first post they said that is because they changed the server so it does't connect to the new server yet.
      • July 4, 2020
    • davidmck
      davidmck Already tried disconnecting from internet, starting program, and then connect to internet - made no difference. Also getting message saying "Voicesupport is unable to load required control files"
      • July 5, 2020
    • davidmck
      vic91218 I can't connect to the voicesupport as well.. bummer. Guess I'll return this thing
      • July 5, 2020
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-02-01
    Has anyone had a chance to download and play with this new software?
    Perform VK Full Edition Editor
    Your thoughts?

Download it from here.
    read more...
    0 894
    • DannyG
      DanielRaizer I have tried the free version and it works great, but it is frustrating as such, due to its limitations. The full version should be all I need, but it seems to be in a delayed state for some time now. As soon as it has been available I will get it for sure...
      • February 27, 2018
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-05-26

We want a microphone with stomp box effect(s) built-in!

Hey TC Helicon, you guys have been a leader in this business for many years. How about reducing that stompbox internal circuitry to a chip or two and putting it inside your MP76 microphone? What a beautiful thing for a singer to be able to tell the venue "i have my own personal microphone" and simply plug it into the house XLR, and control all the stompbox effects via the four buttons of the MP76 microphone!!  

Imagine the new products:
    MP76-V Voicetone Correct
    MP76-M Mic Mechanic
    MP76-D Duplicator
    MP76-H Harmony Singer
    and so-on....

read more...
    0 861
    • DannyG
      Roblof Or the mp77-vk vacuum killswitch
      • May 26, 2017
    • DannyG
      DannyG

Does anyone from Helicon (Music Tribe) actually monitor these boards?  Is there a better way to get product suggestions to Management?

• July 9, 2019
    • DannyG
      David_Hilderman

Hey @DannyG I heard you!!!! When in a microphone, anything that requires enabling/disabling needs a button on the mic to control.  If a musician (hands are tied up play a guitar etc) is using it, how would they control??  Or is the idea that things like Harmony Singer in a mic would be for people who just sing?  I think it totally works for a Mic Mechanic type product. Please let me know your thoughts.

• July 11, 2019
      • Microphone with built in Stompbox Effects
        DannyG yes DavidHilderman , just for singers. Im going to withdraw this suggestion. I can get the functionality I need with just a Mic Mechanic and an MP-75 (or MP-76, or MCA100)
        • June 12, 2020
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-02-02
    We have Doubling Presets available in VoiceSupport2 which create voices an octave above and below. But you can only select maximum volume of the transposed voice to be ~ same as the input voice. Can you increase the sensitivity of the mix selector (center knob on the Perform V_ series) so the transposed voice can be set 100% and you cannot hear the primary voice? This would give us a pure "transposer", excellent for reaching those very high highs and low lows.

This idea was based up on suggestion from user Zane Kingi in this post
    read more...
    0 670
    • DannyG
      CraigFraser Heya Daniel,

Hmm. I think we'd have to create a preset that has the lead voice muted for that particular product. We wouldn't be able to have it turn the lead off at 100% level for the effect because the underlying effect doesn't work that way.

Check the HardTune presets and see if there's an octave up shift preset available. That would take over the lead voice completely with the octave. I just can't remember offhand if there is one.
      • February 16, 2018
    • DannyG
      DannyG

Craig Fraser;140848 wrote:

Heya Daniel,

Hmm. I think we'd have to create a preset that has the lead voice muted for that particular product. We wouldn't be able to have it turn the lead off at 100% level for the effect because the underlying effect doesn't work that way.

Check the HardTune presets and see if there's an octave up shift preset available. That would take over the lead voice completely with the octave. I just can't remember offhand if there is one.

There is no Hardtune 1 Octave Down or Up. Can you create those and add it to the Cloud library of Voicesupport2? If you can't turn off the original input voice, can you set it to be 1% of the mix and the Octave Down/Up 99% of the mix?
      • February 22, 2018
  • New
    stephensmiles
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-04

I'm doing some recording with Ableton.  I'm about to buy a condenser mic, probably a Rode NT1 or Aston Origin. Both require 48v phantom power. Will my Voiceplay live support this or do I need to buy another Audio Interface?

0 659
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Actually I seem to have discovered that it does:-) Next question. Is there a flat (no effects) setting on the Voicelive play?
      • November 4, 2020
      • Voicelive Play Phantom Power
        leah Hello Stephen,
        The VoiceLive Play has a "Talk" mode where you can quickly bypass the effects from the current preset. This is done by holding down the HIT footswitch.
        If you'd like a dedicated preset with zero effects applied, you can either transfer a "Blank Preset" style to your device using VoiceSupport 2 or simply build a new preset with all effects off within the device.
        Hope this helps. Thanks!
        • November 4, 2020
      • Voicelive Play Phantom Power
        stephensmiles Thank you.
        • November 4, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      RexBeckett Hi Stephen, according to the specifications, Voicelive Play has a 48V phantom supply when enabled through the Setup menu.
      • November 4, 2020
  • New
    burkeingraffia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

I have a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2.  It has always worked well, and this morning I thought I would see if there was a firmware upgrade.

I'm on a Mac (Catalina OS).

I downloaded the VoiceSupport2 app for Mac, and everything seemed OK, at first. My computer recognized the pedal plugged in via USB and said it needed a firmware update.  It started through the process and then it errored out.

I have tried everything from rebooting the Mac (with and without the pedal connected), and nothing works.  The pedal is not even recognized my the Mac in the System Report. The pedal still powers up but does not work at all. 

Is there a way to directly add (or reset the original) firmware without VoiceSupport2?  Is this pedal bricked because the firmware update and VoiceSupport2 will never allow the computer processor inside of the pedal to ever work again? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 512
    • burkeingraffia
      burkeingraffia Also, the very poor VoiceSupport2 software offers me a link to a page that is no longer there: https://music-group.force.com/musickb/view/article/tch/VoiceSupport-Can-t-connect-update-device-228160107
      • Jan 23
    • burkeingraffia
      PedroRodrigues Hi, burkeingraffiaI would suggest performing first a factory reset followed by a firmware update.
      To restoring the factory preset in the Mic Mechanic, first you must downloading the VoiceSupport application. Then simply click the first preset in the list and SHIFT and click the last preset in VoiceSupport, and then press “Apply Changes” to start initialization of the program.
      Warning! This procedure will return all of the settings to the values when the Mic Mechanic was shipped from the factory. Do not use this function unless you are certain that you want to do this. Hopefully the article of “Restore the Mic Mechanic to the Factory Preset” was useful.
      To assist you on the firmware update process please follow the link below and confirm that you are connecting your unit to a USB 2.0 PORT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHsxKB-0CM
      Thank you
      • Jan 28
  • edtullett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-23

Hey guys, I purchased a VoiceLive Touch 2 from you on eBay refurbished recently. It has the blue screen problem and is unusable. I managed to find the mac OS fix, but have tried it twice and it doesn't fix the problem. Please help, as I currently have a product I literally can't use!

read more...
    1 479
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, can I suggest you follow the process in the KB below? Let us know if this works for you. https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/3720
      • September 23, 2020
      • VoiceLive Touch 2 - Blue Screen, Fix not working
        edtullett yes this is exactly what I've tried a couple times, hasn't worked at all.
        • September 23, 2020
    • edtullett
      edtullett any ideas? If I can't fix this then I'm going to need to return the product.
      • September 24, 2020
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, you should try the above suggestion on a Windows Os machine as it may not work with a Mac.
      if after this you are still having issues, as you have acquired the unit refurbished from eBay you need to contact the reseller and request assistance on the unit to hopefully avoid any more trouble in this matter.
      • September 28, 2020
    • edtullett
      jape10 I have same problem...in case 3720 article is no any softeware file so where can I find it? Just Blue light on...
      • November 17, 2020
  • New
    sanelso2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-08

Hi, I have two questions:

1) Is there any difference between the TC Helicon Voicelive Play and the Play Acoustic, besides the Play Acoustic having the guitar input (for key detection and efxs) and guitar effects? So does this mean both versions of the units have "exactly" the same vocal effects?

2) On either unit, cans Voicelive VoiceSupport2 software be used to pre-program the keys of invidual presets that can be then sent to the VLP units? ...or is the VoiceSupport2 software basically for only backing up, copying, and changing order of presets?

Thanks for you help in advance!

read more...
    0 448
    • sanelso2
      JoeRivers96 Hi, thank you for your contact. The vocal fx on these two units are the same - you will see some different presets on the Play Acoustic due to the guitar input.

Unfortunately internal settings cannot be edited on VoiceSupport 2. This software is purely for preset management and firmware updates.
      • May 8
Go to page