Statistics

298,818 members
182,483 posts
  • snotice
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

Hi, TC has so many different units incorporating vocal effects that it's hard to know which is best for singer/acoustic guitar. I can't afford $800 for the Voicelive 3 so I back ordered the Play Acoustic at Sweetwater. Meanwhile I see all your videos for that unit are very old (like 7 years) so I'm wondering if the Play Acoustic is old technology by now?  I was attracted by the "Acoustic" in the name but now I'm wondering if I'm going to get stuck, and maybe I should switch my order to a more modern unit before it's too late? Can you make a recommendation and give some insight as to which units are the most up to date? Thanks!

read more...
    0 981
    • snotice
      PedroRodrigues Hi Steve, please be aware that any of the TC HELICON unit are up to at and generally they work with the more recent OS relapsed, another point to consider is the fact that any unit when accompanied by the original invoice will always be covered in warranty by the defined period in the respective territory of purchase. I would suggest to follow the link below to access our products so you can analyze the best option for your needs. Thank you https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=voicelive
      • October 26, 2020
      • Is Play Acoustic still supported or obsolete?
        snotice You still didn’t fully answer the question, so i’ll rephrase: Is the Voicelive Play Acoustic (black) still being manufactured? If not, is the Voicelive Play (the blue one with the same form factor) the direct replacement, and does it contain all the same abilities (software) as the Voicelive Play Acoustic? Or, is there some other model voice unit that has replaced both of them - other than the Voicelive 3 which I can’t afford for $800? Even if unsold units of the Play Acoustic are still available I don’t want to buy one if the model is formally discontinued. I only want models that are under current production and are still being fully supported and regularly updated with new software. Please help me make my purchase by giving me straight and complete information. Thank you.
        • October 26, 2020
    • snotice
      PedroRodrigues Hi Steve,Thank you for your reply, Please be aware that at this moment all the Voicelive Play line is not discontinued and as I mentioned on the previous message if you present your invoice and the unit is still in warranty any unit will be supported.
      Please follow the link below to access our TC HELICON Main Page so you can see all the units that are in production, the units that are not in production they will have a warning stating Legacy
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=VOICELIVE
      • October 27, 2020
    • snotice
      HaloRecordings snotice. I understand your question and I'm in the same boat. The Play Acoustic (PA) has been out for several years. Too many. I would think there's a new model in the $300 range on the horizon. The VoiceLive 3 is not only out of my price range too, it's way too complicated for my needs. I use the original Harmony G pedal and have been using it since it came out about 10 years ago. I run the Guitar THRU into my pedalboard and I love the pedal. But I want to upgrade to something that has a more accurate harmonies along with guitar effects. The PA comes close to what I'm looking for but it is old and it doesn't have the I/O's I would expect in a pedal at this price point. And a little note to answer your question about the PA being in production. The answer TC gave you was a link to a a list of all "in production" vocal pedals. The PA is not listed. So I would think they are no longer being produced. This may be why I've seen them at lower prices. Get rid of the old stock before the new and improved model comes out. I'm sticking with my Harmony G. If TC does release a new model I hope it has the following: Guitar IN and THRU (to run a guitar to a pedalboard and Amp}. A separate Guitar XLR/1/4 Inch Combo Stereo OUT with the onboard effects. XLR Combo Stereo Vocals Out, MIDI in and USB C. Similar to the Boss VE-8 and VoiceLive 3. Good Luck.
      • February 1, 2021
      • Is Play Acoustic still supported or obsolete?
        snotice thanks for the help and insight
        • November 25, 2021
    • snotice
      Anker73 Also hoping for a new version. I like the idea of the "Global" guitar setting on the PA but then you can't tweak a thing. if you create a preset with some chorus on your guitar it changes EVERYTHING. If you turn off "global" then you have to manually re-do every guitar sound setting on each pre-set just to add 1 little element.
      • Jun 21
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-02-01
    Has anyone had a chance to download and play with this new software?
    Perform VK Full Edition Editor
    Your thoughts?

Download it from here.
    read more...
    0 915
    • DannyG
      DanielRaizer I have tried the free version and it works great, but it is frustrating as such, due to its limitations. The full version should be all I need, but it seems to be in a delayed state for some time now. As soon as it has been available I will get it for sure...
      • February 27, 2018
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-05-26

We want a microphone with stomp box effect(s) built-in!

Hey TC Helicon, you guys have been a leader in this business for many years. How about reducing that stompbox internal circuitry to a chip or two and putting it inside your MP76 microphone? What a beautiful thing for a singer to be able to tell the venue "i have my own personal microphone" and simply plug it into the house XLR, and control all the stompbox effects via the four buttons of the MP76 microphone!!  

Imagine the new products:
    MP76-V Voicetone Correct
    MP76-M Mic Mechanic
    MP76-D Duplicator
    MP76-H Harmony Singer
    and so-on....

read more...
    0 895
    • DannyG
      Roblof Or the mp77-vk vacuum killswitch
      • May 26, 2017
    • DannyG
      DannyG

Does anyone from Helicon (Music Tribe) actually monitor these boards?  Is there a better way to get product suggestions to Management?

• July 9, 2019
    • DannyG
      David_Hilderman

Hey @DannyG I heard you!!!! When in a microphone, anything that requires enabling/disabling needs a button on the mic to control.  If a musician (hands are tied up play a guitar etc) is using it, how would they control??  Or is the idea that things like Harmony Singer in a mic would be for people who just sing?  I think it totally works for a Mic Mechanic type product. Please let me know your thoughts.

• July 11, 2019
      • Microphone with built in Stompbox Effects
        DannyG yes DavidHilderman , just for singers. Im going to withdraw this suggestion. I can get the functionality I need with just a Mic Mechanic and an MP-75 (or MP-76, or MCA100)
        • June 12, 2020
  • New
    BenjaminCleek
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-31

I just got a voicelive 3 and it's a beast and I'm totally in love with it. My only real issues with it are ergonomic, but given the amount of features it packs, this was clearly well thought out. I use it in composing, post production and live performance environments. MIDI is a heavy part of everything I do, and I was disappointed to see the limited MIDI capabilities. I know you've discontinued it, but I really feel that this piece has the capability to capture the imagination of every electronic music producer out there......if only it had full MIDI implementation for all parameters.

Will there ever be another firmware update? And if so, I have so much to add to that conversation ;)

read more...
    1 893
    • BenjaminCleek
      PedroRodrigues Hi Benjamin, please be aware that you can follow the link below to access the VOICELIVE 3 Manual for this unit and please check the following pages to access the full MIDI implementation
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CDY

-Page 71 to access MIDI SYNC
      -Page 140 to access the Looping and MIDI Sync
      -Page 151 to access for MIDI TAB
      -Page 175 for MIDI CC List
      The he MIDI implementation in VL3 is essentially the same as the VoiceLive 2…There can be up to 500 presets loaded into a VoiceLive 3, and it’s possible to navigate between these presets with an external controller sending MIDI Control Change (“CC”) and Program Change (“PC”) messages.
      The VoiceLive 3 can receive CC and PC messages via MIDI from sources like keyboards, footswitches, DAWs, and more. For the controlling device to send a MIDI message to VL3 it needs to be using the same MIDI channel as the VL3, typically this is channel 1 but you’re welcome to change it. Also make sure you aren’t misusing the MIDI input filters, and ensure that the MIDI input is set to be either “USB” (for the USB-mini input) or “MIDI Ports” (for the 5-pin MIDI input) depending on how you're connecting. These settings can be changed in VL3’s “Setup” menu, on the “MIDI” tab.
      *INSERT PIC OF MIDI TAB*
      To change Presets via MIDI, first tell the VL3 which Bank to look in, then tell it which Preset in that Bank you want to change to.
      Bank select: To specify the desired bank, issue an LSB Bank select message (CC#32) with a value of 0-3.
      Preset Select: After specifying the Bank, issue a PC Preset select message with a value of 0-127.
      MSB LSB VL3Bank Program Change (PC) VL3 Preset #
      0 0 0 0-127 1-128
      0 1 1 0-127 129-256
      0 2 2 0-127 257-384
      0 3 3 0-115 385-500

The internal number associated with a Preset isn’t exactly what you see on the VL3’s screen, they’re actually all off by 1. This is because internally the list of Presets actually starts at an index of 0. This means that 0 = Preset #1, 1 = Preset #2, 2 = Preset #3, etc. It’s like your presets are saved from 0-499 but are displayed as 1-500.
      There are 4 Banks in VL3, and each Bank contains 128 Presets. Therefore the Preset selection number that goes to VL3 needs to be between 1 and 128. So for a Preset above 128, you need to subtract the number of the first Preset in the same Bank to get the MIDI Program Change info.
      The 9-digit message for changing to a preset is in the format of:
      MSB LSB PC#
      Or, you can first send a CC#32 of the Bank you’re looking in, then a PC value of the Preset you want.
      Here are some examples:
      Preset #5 would be: 5 - 1 = 4
      000 000 004
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 4
      Preset #100 would be: 100 - 1 = 99
      000 000 099
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 99
      Preset #208 would be: 208 - 129 = 79 (because Preset #208 is in Bank 1, which starts at Preset #129)
      000 001 079
      or CC#32 value 1, then PC 79
      Preset 259 would be: 259 - 257 = 2
      000 002 002
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 2
      Preset 322 would be: 322 - 257 = 65
      000 002 065
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 65
      Preset 491 would be: 491 - 385 = 106
      000 003 106
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 106
      Preset 500 would be: 500 - 385 = 115
      000 003 115
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 115

When you try to address a Preset that does not exist (either an empty spot or one outside the 1-500 range), there is no built-in warning system, VL3 just won’t do anything. So if you can see the “MIDI” indication on the VL3 appearing when you send commands, but are not getting the Preset to change, ensure you’re not referencing an empty or non-existent Preset location.
      *INSERT PIC OF THE MIDI POPUP*
      If that all seems too complicated for you, consider using Steps instead of Presets. Steps are essentially Presets within a Preset, and you can have up to 10 Steps all in the same Preset. If your current Preset contains the Steps you’ll be using, it just takes a single CC message to choose your Step…
      CC 115 = Step
      Value represents Step Number, i.e. 1 = Step 1, 2 = Step 2, etc.
      So sending a CC#115 with a value of 2 will take you to the second Step in your current Preset.

Sources:
      https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/tch/en_US/VoiceLive-3-Selecting-Presets-and-Banks-via-MIDI-228155247

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?14591-Midi-PRESET-Change&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?15866-Voice-Live-3-Set-List-Maker-on-iPAD&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi
      I hope this helps
      • January 11, 2021
    • BenjaminCleek
      PetGerbil None of those musictribe "Sources" go anywhere/timeout... Because this site is "Proudly powered by Potato!"
      • January 11, 2021
      • Voicelive 3 - full MIDI support please!
        PetGerbil And, No. there will be no more firmware updates.
        • January 11, 2021
    • BenjaminCleek
      peterderwolf

Hi there, I am looking into VL3's Midi recently. I was szuprised that Midi CC List in the manual is very short, for me, there are a lot of interesting parameters missing. You said that most of VL2s commands work as well - is there something like a complete list of all MIDI messages that VL3 can understand? Or would I really have to use sysex messages to deep-dive into parameter changes. (I love controlling FX panorama with a food pedal)

• Aug 2
  • corriganama
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

Hi everyone,

I have the TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch 2 and the LCD display screen cracked and is now unreadable. I think it's a pretty simple fix to replace it but I obviously need the replacement part. I submitted a ticket but haven't received a response for two weeks now.

Anyone know what I can do to try and get a replacement part?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 884
    • corriganama
      john0121 Hi Amanda, could you let me know the case number please and I will have the team respond as soon as possible.
      • October 1, 2020
      • Replacement LCD display for VoiceLive Touch 2??
        corriganama Thanks John! It's case #CAS-140838-R3C3T1
        • October 1, 2020
    • corriganama
      DAVECORESH Hey Amanda, I had a similar issue and wanted to hear if you got the problem resolved.
      • December 24, 2020
        john0121 Hi Dave, have you submitted a case for this? do you have the number please?
        • January 3, 2021
    • corriganama
      GHRoberts Hi there - got same problem too. Have you got any reply?
      • December 28, 2020
        john0121 Hi Glyn, could you let me know the case number you have for this?
        • January 3, 2021
    • corriganama
      davespiess How can I order a new screen?
      • January 21, 2021
        john0121 Hi Dave, you can fill out the spare parts request form via the Support button at the top of the page. A member of the team will then let you know pricing and availability.
        • January 24, 2021
  • New
    sry110
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-03

Hi All-  I have a question which is hopefully an easy one!  I have a TC Helicon Harmony G-XT (in the Voicetone series) which I have running into a mixer.  The mixer has +48V phantom power option which I have not needed to switch on until now, when I am trying to also run a condenser mic cirectly into the mixer.  My question is, will the +48V phantom power at the mixer inputs have any negative effect on the Harmony GX-T which is connected to the mixer via XLR cables?

read more...
    0 835
    • sry110
      kiskadar69 I tried this with a TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX. There was no problem.
      • January 4, 2021
    • sry110
      kiskadar69 Although there was someone who had a problem with a Mic Mechanic 2:

"Mic Mechanic 2 works fine when phantom from mixer or Fishman Loudbox turned off. When phantom power from the mixer/loudbox is on, the volume of the mic drops by about two thirds. Doesn't matter what mic I use, dynamic like SM57 or condenser like AKG C1000s or Shure Beta 87A. Many mixers don't have individual channel control for phantom meaning I can't use the Mic Mechanic 2 unless that channel's phantom power can be turned off. Tried multiple mics, cables, Mic Mechanic 2 with power supply or batteries. Anyone else having this problem?" (Gerald Jones,2017.11.17.)
      • January 4, 2021
    • sry110
      kiskadar69 This has already been answered in the TC-Helicon FAQ (the question probably concerned a VoiceTone D1):

"Connecting outputs of TC-Helicon products to phantom power inputs

Question: Can I connect the outputs of my TC-Helicon product to an input which has phantom power engaged?
      Answer: Yes, its safe to plug the outputs of any TC-Helicon product to an input which has phantom power engaged. As plugging an output into a phantom power input can cause a current spike, the safest way to set this up is to hook up all cables before powering up the PA/amp. Once all cables are hooked up, power up the TC-Helicon product before the PA/amp is powered up."
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=bbb06d8a-6c30-ea11-a812-000d3a081b66&brand=TC%20Helicon
      • January 4, 2021
  • New
    Frank00
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-22

Does the voicelive play have enough gain for an SM7B mic?  Does it have an onboard preamp? 

0 755
    • Frank00
      DavidKnighton Hello Frank,
      Yes, the Voicelive Play has a built-in preamp with a dedicated control knob. The user manual specifies to use the DYNAMIC MIC setting for dynamic mics like SM58 or OM5. This tells me the device is more or less tailored for use with the more common dynamic vocal mics, but since every person has a different vocal range, the preamp should allow quite a wide range of SPL. Looking at the SHURE SM guide, you can see the SM7B has a much lower output level than SM58 by comparison, so you'll end up using much more gain level on the preamp. How much gain level really depends on the person standing in front of the mic, so it's difficult to give a clear answer. If you're a strong winded vocalist, I would say go for it, but if you're soft spoken, then you may want to do a little more research. Here's a link to the SHURE SM guide for your viewing pleasure.

https://pubs-api.shure.com/file/260007
      • December 23, 2020
    • Frank00
      MartyCansler Hi Frank, did you ever try the voice live play with the SM7B?
      • January 12, 2021
      • TC helicon voicelive play as a preamp?
        Frank00 I can confirm you do not need an additional pre-amp if you have the Voicelive Play and an SM7B. I just tried it. With the Soyuz Launcher and my voice through the SM7B, I turn the input gain to 11-12 o'clock on my Focusrite 2i2 with phantom power on to get a consistent green signal. Using the Voicelive Play and the SM7B, I turn the input gain to the 2 o'clock position (no phantom power required) for a consistent green signal.
        • January 14, 2021
  • alitekinguner
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-08

Hi,

I have a TC-Helicon Voice Live Acoustic vocal processor. I have been using it with a dynamic microphone since February, 2020 but I realised that I can not get sound from a condenser microphone.

Changed the mic type to condenser in the setup menu but nothing happened. When I plug a dynamic mic I can get sound whether condenser or dynamic is selected in the setup. I checked the condenser mic with a different processor and it works fine when +48 V phantom power is enabled. I did a factory reset and updated the firmware with voice support 2 software.

I think the device does not suppy +48V phantom power. Dou you have any opinions?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    1 733
    • alitekinguner
      Nigel67 Hi, do you have access to a multimeter or a friend with one. If so, set it to DC and measure between pins 1 and 2 and then 1 and 3 of the XLR and see if you are reading 48 volts (when in condenser mode). If not, then it would appear that the phantom power supply is faulty. If you are unable to get hold of a multimeter or do not measure 48 volts then the unit will require servicing. Please go to the support tab at the top of the page and submit a service request ticket.
      • October 8, 2020
      • No sound from a condenser microphone with  TC-Helicon Voice Live Acoustic Vocal Effects Processor
        alitekinguner Thanks very much four your reply. I tested it and could'nt read 48V. Sent the device for repairing / replacement to the service.
        • ·
        • October 10, 2020
  • New
    SeanFox
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-17
    A few years ago TC Helicon released some free preset packs for VL2, VL3 and Voicelive Play etc - does anyone know where I can download these from now?

They aren't showing on the TC website anymore. I need the Voicelive Play pack which was called "More Play"

Thanks in advance!

Sean

read more...
    0 708
  • New
    chess200
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-01

Trying to find out the difference TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 and TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 extreme. For purchase.

0 700
    • chess200
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chris, please be aware that the between the Voice Live 3 and the Voice Live 3 Extreme, the core layout of the pedal is identical and the top portion shows the same features and for the most part the features don’t either.
      Generally, these pedal works in “layers,” with a dedicated footswitch to change between controls for vocal effects, guitar effects and the looper, and the user can store one setup in each layer, so a set of vocal effects and guitar effects, and an associated loop in a Preset.
      There are 250 factory presets and room for 250 more of your own.
      The amount of storage space is one of the biggest differences in the Extreme version.
      The 4 GB storage space on the Voice Live 3 has been quadrupled to 16 GB on the Voice Live 3 Extreme, this is particularly useful because the Voice Live 3 Extreme adds the ability to store backing tracks.
      You can import any backing tracks from a USB stick and choose to associate one of them with a Preset instead of a loop, and then when you switch to the looper layer the pedal will go into backing track playback mode instead.
      For more information please follow the link below to access a video for the Voice Live 3 and the Voice Live 3 Extreme:

https://youtu.be/6wl9B6Rg5f4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGaaqeO3ew
      • December 1, 2020
    • chess200
      voodoofuzz IMHO, the s/h value of these units is almost identical yet the extreme has so many more advantages - it would be crazy to choose the VL over the VLX.!
      • April 11, 2021
Go to page