Statistics

298,605 members
182,229 posts
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-02-02
    We have Doubling Presets available in VoiceSupport2 which create voices an octave above and below. But you can only select maximum volume of the transposed voice to be ~ same as the input voice. Can you increase the sensitivity of the mix selector (center knob on the Perform V_ series) so the transposed voice can be set 100% and you cannot hear the primary voice? This would give us a pure "transposer", excellent for reaching those very high highs and low lows.

This idea was based up on suggestion from user Zane Kingi in this post
    read more...
    0 678
    • DannyG
      CraigFraser Heya Daniel,

Hmm. I think we'd have to create a preset that has the lead voice muted for that particular product. We wouldn't be able to have it turn the lead off at 100% level for the effect because the underlying effect doesn't work that way.

Check the HardTune presets and see if there's an octave up shift preset available. That would take over the lead voice completely with the octave. I just can't remember offhand if there is one.
      • February 16, 2018
    • DannyG
      DannyG

Craig Fraser;140848 wrote:

Heya Daniel,

Hmm. I think we'd have to create a preset that has the lead voice muted for that particular product. We wouldn't be able to have it turn the lead off at 100% level for the effect because the underlying effect doesn't work that way.

Check the HardTune presets and see if there's an octave up shift preset available. That would take over the lead voice completely with the octave. I just can't remember offhand if there is one.

There is no Hardtune 1 Octave Down or Up. Can you create those and add it to the Cloud library of Voicesupport2? If you can't turn off the original input voice, can you set it to be 1% of the mix and the Octave Down/Up 99% of the mix?
      • February 22, 2018
  • jamoja
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-03

Hi Pedro, thanks for your reply, sorry I'm new here and seem to have deleted my original question. You replied with a link to an overview video about button mapping. I understand the basics of button mapping on the VL3 covered in that video. But I'm trying to make the VL emulate my stompbox board. Here is a visual reference. You can see on the screen on the VL3 in the photo below that I have re-mapped the 'home' screen so the buttons on my VL3 are basically a reflection of my pedalboard layout: the Umod=Phase Shifter, Delay=DD3, Harmony button = harmony G, STEP button=amp model=MXR microamp.  You can also see that I have mapped the HIT and COMP buttons to serve as LOOP triggers. And that's where it all unravels for me. You can see the RC-20 in my pedal-board... but I don't store or save any loops or tracks, I just build them live, usually, only 1 or 2 layers, WHILE I'm performing the song, not before. So, I'm trying to make the 2 buttons on the home screen (HIT and COMP) behave like the left and right pedals on the RC 20... and those behave as I have described above. Can you tell me if it is possible to do this?

My Original Question:

I'm trying to map the buttons on my VoiceLive3 to act like an imitation of my old-school stompbox pedalboard. I do a lot of live looping, but I don't have any saved tracks - so I just build them all on the fly. So, what I'm trying to do is map 2 of the buttons on the main screen of the VoiceLive to act like the left/right buttons on my Boss RC20. So, ideally - switch one would start recording a loop, and pressing one again would capture and play that loop, pressing it again would begin an overdub, pressing switch 2 would capture the loop but not play it back right away. Also, on the RC-20, I can step and hold switch 2 to erase the loop and start again, pressing and holding switch one erases just the last layer of the loop I recorded.

What would be the way to most closely approximate this on a Voicelive 3, assuming I want ALL of the buttons mapped to one home screen (in other words, the 2 loop switches would be mapped the home Vocal screen so I don't have to switch back and forth to the 'loop layer' on the pedal)?

Thanks, A LOT in advance for any information or guidance. 

read more...
    0 638
    • jamoja
      NicJonesMT Hi Jamoja.
      I'm Nic from the UK support team.

We are currently working remotely and I don't have access to a VL3 at the moment,

The option you would need to assign is Set+Stop. Which will allow you to record your loop and stop playback. You will need to assign this to one of the switches.
      There are also options for Set and Overdub, and Set and Play.

Based on your description above you would need to assign Set+Play and Set+stop to emulate your RC20.
      • September 8, 2020
      • Mapping LOOP Buttons on TC-Helicon Voice Live 3 - Customize
        jamoja I appreciate your reply Nic, this is exactly the information I am trying to get at! My first question is, can these functions be assigned to switches on the home screen of the actual VL3? Please see my picture above, can I make the S:1A switches on that layer behave as you describe? Or, do I need the Switch 3 extension pedal? Also, on the RC-20 if I press LEFT button it begins recording and if I press it again it begins playing what I just looped (your setting = SET+PLAY) while it is playing the loop if I press LEFT again it begins overdubbing, when I press again it continues looping and adds the new layer. Is this how your SET+OVERDUB setting works? Or does it somehow keep adding layers until you hit a STOP of some kind? If it adds each layer as pressed, it seems like I would mimic the RC-20 by adding a Switch 3 and mapping the buttons to be SET+OVERDUB; SET+STOP; ERASE? Does this sound correct? I'm sorry to ask you to get so granular about the controls but I have been looping like this for 15+ years and it's just innate now, so it's practically a deal breaker on if this pedal will meet my needs. Thanks for your help.
        • September 10, 2020
      • Mapping LOOP Buttons on TC-Helicon Voice Live 3 - Customize
        NicJonesMT Sorry for the delay in replying.

I'd recommend watching the following VL3 Looper video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPkprb6D1ko

The above video covers how to use the Looper and a break down of the functions.

If you refer to the user manual (page 169 - 171) you can see the full list of parameters you can assign to the foot switches and to the Switch3/6

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/tchelicon/tc-helicon_voicelive_3_reference_manual_english.pdf

Based on the information in the user manual (We are working remotely so I don't have access to a VL3 at this time) it isn't possible to set the VL3 up to emulate the behaviour of your RC20.
        • September 11, 2020
  • New
    thisisjust9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-22

My TC Helicon Play Acoustic is ON with blank blue screen. I tried "Factory Reset", it did not work. I tried to do it using Voice Support 2 app (MacOS), also no success. The app showed pop-up warning that "another app is using the unit". I have searched far and wide throughout my Mac system and there was no single app was using the unit (except Voice Support 2). 

I found this solution: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/my-tc-helicon-voicelive-play-acoustic-is-only-showing-a-blue-screen/

I managed to download the Sysex Librarian as suggested in the article. But, I could not find the firmware: PlayAcoustic 1.0.04 BUILD21 MIDIOX.syx

I have searched everywhere, with no success. Not even in TC Helicon official site!!! (What a shame, Helicon!!! Why not simplify your whole customers support system?)

Please, anybody, help me! I need that firmware file to fix my unit.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 627
    • thisisjust9
      Dale_M Hi there please can you go to the Support tab above and select Technical so one of our team can assist you? Many thanks.
      • September 22, 2021
      • Tc Helicon Play Acoustic Stuck in Blue Screen. Where is the firmware file?
        thisisjust9 I did already. And no reply yet.
        • September 22, 2021
    • thisisjust9
      PedroRodrigues Hi thisisjust9, please follow the link below to access all the guidance and tools for this process https://wsi.li/dl/qdmxqKYtDSTCcMXsF/ Thank you
      • September 22, 2021
        sinru Hi Pedro, I have download your file, but the firmware is 1.4.00, it didn't work well for me. And the YouTube video is a private video. Could you please upload a former firmware like 1.0.04 and make the video openly? Thanks a lot!
        • ·
        • September 29, 2021
        markojezic Hi Pedro, I have the same problem with the blue screen on Play Acoustic. The link you put in the last comment is no longer available, so please send me a new link to try to resolve the issue according to your instructions.
        • ·
        • October 14, 2021
        PedroRodrigues Hi markojezic Please see the link requested below: https://wsi.li/dl/TuZdx6C9tkm5JhhNZ/ Thank you
        • ·
        • October 14, 2021
        PedroRodrigues Hi sinru, please confirm your unit so I can look in to this matter. Thank you
        • October 14, 2021
        David13 Hello Pedro, I am facing exactly the same issue as Thisisjust9with or Markojezic with that frustrating permanent blue screen on my Play Acoustic... Unfortunately all the links you put in the discussion above are no longer available. Would you be OK to send me a new link so that I can get access to all the guidance and tools for this fixing process ? Thanks a lot for your help !
        • November 13, 2021
    • thisisjust9
      thisisjust9

Dear Pedro, you're the best!!! I will do it now, and try to restore. Will let you know the result soonest. Thank you, thank you very much.

• September 22, 2021
    • thisisjust9
      PedroRodrigues Hi thisisjust9 please confirm on your computer if you have any MIDI tools ruining and check Google Chrome tools for MIDI devices that may be runing.
      • September 22, 2021
        thisisjust9 Dear Pedro, thanks for all the help and suggestions. I managed to solve all the above issues. As for the TC Helicon Play Acoustic unit, I reinstalled firmware: PlayAcoustic 1.0.04 BUILD21 MIDIOX.syx using SysEx Librarian. It didn't work well first time. I repeated it once and decided to complete the process with "factory reset". Somehow, it works! So, thank you very much!
        • ·
        • September 22, 2021
    • thisisjust9
      snotice As of 11/25/21 I still cannot get the firmware download from any link you've provided so far. Apparently Thisisjust9 got it but maybe you sent it to him privately. I need the one for Mac.
      • November 25, 2021
  • New
    HaloRecordings
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-28

I'm primarliy an acoustic guitar player and vocalist. But I do use my electric on a number of songs. I currently use the TC Helicon Harmony G (I've been using it for 10+ years). The Harmony G has a Guitar thru jack, so I take the thru out on the Harmony G and plug my acoustic or electric into my pedalboard which has a boost, OCD, TC-Electronic Delay, Chorus and Reverb pedals. Obviously I don't use the OCD or boost with my acoustic.

Because the Play Acoustic has the TC Electronics Delay, Chorus and Reverb built in, why couldn't I use my electric too?

I could run the Play Acoustic guitar output into the boost and OCD, then into an Amp, or PA.

The only issue I see is the guitar output on the Play Acoustic. There is no thru jack, only an XLR. I do have an XLR to 1/4 inch TS. Would that work? 

Has anyone used there electric with the Play Acoustic?

read more...
    0 618
    • HaloRecordings
      PedroRodrigues Hi HaloRecordings, please be aware that as the name of this unit points out, the unit was developed to work with acoustic guitar and effectively you have other units on the TC HELICON PLAY that my be more suitable never the less and considering your description it may work if you use the Guitar right output using a XLR to TRS input. Please consider that any adaptations may cause issues but effectively I think it may work. Thank you
      • February 3, 2021
  • New
    Tata92
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

Hi! My TC Helicon Voicelive Touch 2 screen is broken. Some curious can recommend me if there is a fix, or if there is any software to view? (I can't see anything, but the touch keyboard works.) I appreciate the help. Thanks!

0 591
    • Tata92
      Nigel67 Hi Tata92. If you are getting the blue screen after power up, please see this knowledge based article
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=ed7cb513-9388-ea11-a811-000d3ac693d8&brand=TC%20Helicon
      If the screen is actually broken, then please send a ticket to our Service Team and they can book the unit in for repair. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you.
      • April 5, 2021
      •  Voicelive Touch 2 screen is broken.
        Tata92 Hey Nigel, thanks for helping me out, appreciate it! I tried the link, but it is really broken. I will write to support. Meanwhile, do you know of any app to view the screen while working on the TC?
        • April 6, 2021
  • edtullett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-23

Hey guys, I purchased a VoiceLive Touch 2 from you on eBay refurbished recently. It has the blue screen problem and is unusable. I managed to find the mac OS fix, but have tried it twice and it doesn't fix the problem. Please help, as I currently have a product I literally can't use!

read more...
    1 559
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, can I suggest you follow the process in the KB below? Let us know if this works for you. https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/3720
      • September 23, 2020
      • VoiceLive Touch 2 - Blue Screen, Fix not working
        edtullett yes this is exactly what I've tried a couple times, hasn't worked at all.
        • September 23, 2020
    • edtullett
      edtullett any ideas? If I can't fix this then I'm going to need to return the product.
      • September 24, 2020
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, you should try the above suggestion on a Windows Os machine as it may not work with a Mac.
      if after this you are still having issues, as you have acquired the unit refurbished from eBay you need to contact the reseller and request assistance on the unit to hopefully avoid any more trouble in this matter.
      • September 28, 2020
    • edtullett
      jape10 I have same problem...in case 3720 article is no any softeware file so where can I find it? Just Blue light on...
      • November 17, 2020
  • New
    Maxie1234
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-24

Good afternoon,

I purchased your unit approximately 2.5 years ago and I was quite impressed with its operation and functionality until recently. Firstly, I would like to emphasize that thus far it has been utilized on a minimal basis when my son and I would jam maybe twice monthly for about 90 min or so. We did three or four gigs with the unit also. Anyway, over the last month or so the unit has been intermittently cutting on and off. It seems to happen more often when when I'm hitting the left foot switch. Yesterday it froze up and all of the vocal harmony lights were on and the unit completely froze up. I had to unplug the unit to get it to operate again. Is there something I specifically should be looking for to remedy the situation? Is there a factory authorized company I could send it to get repaired? I'd hate to have to purchase a new one (as like I stated earlier, this one really doesn't have a lot of use). Any help you can send my way would be greatly appreciated as I just signed up for a couple of ongoing weekly gigs and the last thing I need is for the unit to fail whilst on stage doing my thing. I'm sure you understand. Thank you in advance. I'll await your reply. Make it a great day...

Ed ✌️

read more...
    1 427
    • Maxie1234
      PedroRodrigues Hi Maxie1234, please consider that in this case I would suggest performing a factory reset. A reset will delete all your edited presets and return all settings to the factory defaults.
      To reset the unit, insert the power connector while holding the Manual and Voice 2 buttons.
      If this does not resolve your issue you must follow the link below and contact one of our partners and request assistance for your unit.
      Please consider that some of our partners and shops can offer repairing services.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/buy.html

Thank you
      • March 25, 2021
      • TC Helicon Harmony G-XT
        SteveWB I Had exactly the same problem with my VOICETONE HARMONY-G XT, they couldn't fix it and advised me that they would replace it under warranty, that was 3 months ago, still waiting for a replacement.
        • ·
        • April 1, 2021
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-01-03
    It appears that none of the Reverb, nor Echo effects from VoiceSupport2 will work on the Perform VK. Is this because those buttons already exist on the Perform VK?
    Effects appear to download correctly, but the Blue Hit is not enabled for the button(s).
    All other VoiceSupport2 cloud effects can be downloaded to the Blue hit buttons.

PVK firmware 1.2.02 build 132
    connected via USB to Windows 10 PC
    read more...
    0 404
    • DannyG
      TCH-Spencer Hey Email,

First let me thank you for including the firmware and OS you're using, not many people think to include that and I appreciate that, even if it isn't the reason for your issue

If you send over an effect that is already on the VK, meaning Harmony or Reverb or Echo, then that sent effect will occupy the respective button on the VK and you won't get any blue-ness. For example if you send a Reverb style from the app, it'll go into the "Reverb" button on the VK, and that sent style will appear as light blue in the list of reverb styles. However if you send over an effect that is not native to the VK, like Megaphone, then that effect will occupy the current preset button ("1", "2", or "3") and pressing the button will turn it blue and activate the effect - you can even hold that preset button to adjust its amount. Cheers!
      • January 10, 2018
  • New
    Roland1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-04-25

Hi
    After playing saxophone with the VL3, i use it now with the Blues Harmonica.
    Sometimes when I play a very high note on the harp, the sound from the VL3 begins to "clink" oder "stutter". 
    I uploded a file to demonstrate.
    Then it don't stop, even if a change the preset. The only way to stop that sound is to shut down the VL3 and start it again.

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 400
  • DavidStewart
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-18
    Seriously, this is the *new* forum? It's impossible. There's no way to view new activity without seeing everything, including full posts. I never need to see everything.
    3 394
    Caught exception: Specified column "level_id" is not in the row
Go to page