Statistics

298,816 members
182,481 posts
  • BenPearce
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-18

I have my Voice live 3 plugged into my computer via USB. I have Ableton open with the VoiceLive 3 set to both the input and output device in Ableton preferences. I have tried all the different USB input/output settings on my VL3 and the USB volume is turned up in the VL3 mixer. My computer is recieving audio from the VL3, but I am unable to hear the computers audio through the VL3.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

read more...
    0 387
    • BenPearce
      PedroRodrigues Hi Ben I’m sorry in advance for the extensive reply but I think is best for your to have the full picture of your unit when it comes to interface with a computer and to be honest I think that matter is more a routing issue on your DAW .Please be aware that the USB audio in VoiceLive 3 only supports 2 channels, this means you unfortunately cannot do crazy multitracking with simultaneous separated auxiliary, backing track, stereo vocal, and stereo guitar channels. But we have included multiple modes for different uses to make the most of these 2 channels.
      There are three different input modes for VoiceLive 3 to receive USB audio from your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Input tab under the USB Mode parameter:
      STEREO USB audio from your computer is received with its panning intact, as a stereo signal. Incoming USB audio competes with the backing track player (Extreme only), and levels can be edited in the VoiceLive 3's "Mix" menu. USB output back to your computer is locked to a full stereo mix (wet vocals and wet guitar together)
      DAW TRACKING Incoming USB audio is stereo and one-way, as in VoiceLive 3 does not return the USB audio coming from your computer back into the computer
      DAW INSERT For applying VoiceLive 3's effects to dry audio from your computer. USB audio received from your computer is expected to be panned - audio panned left will go through VoiceLive 3s vocal path, and audio panned right will go through VoiceLive 3s instrument path
      There are also a couple output modes for how your VoiceLive 3 sends its audio (your vocal and guitar signals) into your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Output tab under the USB Output Mode parameter:
      STEREO USB audio output to your computer is a stereo mix of wet vocals and wet guitar
      SAME AS XLR The two left and right USB audio channels (1 and 2 respectively) sending to your computer mimic the two main XLR outputs from the VoiceLive 3
      DRY VOX L / GUITAR R Mono dry vocals are sent to your computer on channel 1, and mono dry guitar is sent to your computer on channel 2
      If you want to essentially use your VoiceLive 3 as a USB hardware plugin with your DAW, we recommend using the DAW INSERT input mode and the SAME AS XLR output mode, with the XLR Output Mode set to Dual Mono.
      With this setup, audio from your DAW panned left will be fed through VoiceLive 3s vocal path and back out wet in mono to channel 1, and audio from your DAW panned right will be fed through VoiceLive 3s guitar path and back out wet in mono to channel 2.
      • August 19, 2020
    • BenPearce
      BenPearce Thanks for your response Pedro. I have read the above documentation on VL3's USB modes, and I have tried switching through them. I don't think the issue is with routing in my DAW, because when I switch Ableton's output device to my normal audio interface I hear the output audio as expected.
      • August 19, 2020
      • Can't hear USB Audio Input on the Head Phone Output - Voice Live 3
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ben, that is exactly what I mean the routing of your DAW when operating with the VL3 as a audio interface, please have into consideration that when you do use it it has the limitation stated above
        • August 19, 2020
        BenPearce But on "Stereo USB" and "DAW Tracking" input mode the DAW's output should be routed through the VL3 headphone output, right?
        • ·
        • August 19, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ben Pearce Please go to the Main Mix Menu and please confirm how you have set up the Headphones Mix
        • August 20, 2020
  • New
    dbmccommas1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-20

TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack

Is this product atill being manufactured?

read more...
    0 382
    • dbmccommas1
      PedroRodrigues Hi David, please be aware that the VOICELIVE RACK is discontinued for some time now. Thank you
      • December 21, 2020
      • TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack
        obrys Hi Pedro.
        Does TC Helicon voice live rack is still discontinued? I asked about it in online music shop in my country and they told me that they are able to provide new unit but I'll have to wait a few weeks.
        Does TC Helicon plan to release voice live rack 2 ?
        • ·
        • March 20, 2021
    • dbmccommas1
      GillC Hi Pedro, have you ever had an issue with the older Harmony Control Guitar pedal, where all I get is this (see pic) when I connect it to my VoiceLive processor?

I have followed religiously the set up instructions and all I get is the following on the front of the pedal. All lights illuminated in red, no ability to use the Tuner to tune my guitar, no sound through into the amp and the midi cables aren't connecting the Voice Live.

I fear that the bank of red lights tell me something is wrong and nothing is registering at all.

I have tried multiple 1/4 inch jack cables and two guitars, two amps and no life.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Gill
      • December 22, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Gill please try to perform a factory reset on your unit. To reset the unit, insert

the power connector while holding the two-foot switches.
        • January 4, 2021
    • dbmccommas1
      GillC Hey Pedro, thanks for coming back to me - soooo helpful. I just wish it had worked. I got a flash of 2 green lights and then the unit returned to the red light formation above... Any other ideas? Thanks so much
      • January 8, 2021
        PedroRodrigues Hi GillC sorry unfortunately if you are using the correct PSU my suggesting will be to get your unit repair. For that please follow the link below to contact one of our partners to be bale to get your unit inspected https://www.tc-helicon.com/buy.html?type=POS
        • January 11, 2021
    • dbmccommas1
      GillC Thanks so much Pedro, I am definitely using the correct power supply. :-( I live in Cape Town, South Africa - I assume there may not be TCHelicon partner able to help in SA? I also assume it is not the cable I am using to connect my guitar - does it need to be a balanced or stereo jack cable perhaps? Thanks again so much for your assistance Gill
      • January 12, 2021
  • New
    RipChord
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-14

Can you specifically assign R or L output for guitar on te VoiceLive Extreme. I know you can assign backing track outputs/click outputs but my application involves using an acoustic and an electric on a splitter. When using the acoustic guitar with an acoustic guitar specific patch on the Voicelive 3 Extreme I'd like to send to an acoustic guitar amp and likewise when using the electric. The ability to designate R or L output would allow me to do this. Anyone know if this is possible?

read more...
    0 364
    • RipChord
      PedroRodrigues Hi RipChord, thank you for your post, please consider that regarding your question I will leave you below all the Output configurations for your VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME Output that can be set up set up in different configurations such as the XLR Output Tab, the XLR Output Level parameter and the different Guitar Jacks Mode.
      You can use the XLR Output Mode parameter to select the output mode for VL3X.
      Parameter settings:

Stereo:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the left stereo channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the right stereo channel.

Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal & guitar channel signals.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the mono vocal signal without effects.
      -The dry channel includes Tone and Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction (if applicable).
      -The dry channel does not contain HardTune effect(s).

Dual Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono guitar channel.

You can also use the XLR Output Level parameter to set the relative level of the signal going to the XLR outputs.

Parameter settings:

Mic Level:
      Typically, the best setting when connecting to a mixer/PA. This level closely replicates that of a microphone going directly into the mixer.
      Line Level:
      When connecting to a mixer/PA line inputs, this setting is a good choice.

When it comes to Guitar Jacks Mode you may select from three modes to direct your backing track and guitar to the guitar outputs. Especially when working with Backing Tracks, this allows for maximum flexibility.
      The Guitar settings acts as the “normal” or “default” mode, sending guitar signals from the ¼” outputs in mono or stereo (depending on whether you have one or both jacks connected).

With the Track L / Guitar R setting, Backing Tracks (summed mono) are sent out the left Guitar ¼” output, while your guitar signal (summed mono) is sent out the Right Guitar ¼” output.
      With the Backing Track setting, Backing Tracks are routed to the guitar outs.
      If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.
      This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other. These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.
      Usually, you will have “the track” go to the front-of-house mixer and “the click” to a stage/ monitor mix or the drummer.
      If you’re listening to Backing Tracks over your headphones, you’ll hear the split tracks as described here, with “the click” on one side and “the track” in the other.
      For a tutorial on PA basics, Yorkville has an extremely useful “PA Primer” guide (PDF):
      https://yorkville.com/downloads/other/basicpaprimer.pdf

There is also a great video episode covering Mixer Setup with TC-Helicon devices:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0AOtafIjs
      Regarding your last question the Guitar output please see the text marked in yellow as effectively you are correct, never the less to effectively provide you with you option regarding the output of the VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME will only be complete with the information present on the picture below

I hope this helps
      • October 15, 2021
  • kingofthenight
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    Hi guys . Anyone knows how to set the backing tracks isolated output on VoiceLive 3 X? Found a scheme where says that the gtr outputs are to be used but that ones not working.
    0 358
    • kingofthenight
      PedroRodrigues Hi kingofthenight on the output Tab on the backing track setting you will be able to route the backing tracks to the guitar outs.
      If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.
      This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other.
      These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.
      Usually, you will have “the track” go to FOH and “the click” to a monitor mix .
      If you’re listening to Backing Tracks over your headphones, you’ll hear the split tracks as described here, with “the click” on one side and “the track” in the other.
      I hope this helps
      • August 12, 2020
      • VL3 X  backing tracks output?
        kingofthenight Hi Pedro and thanks. I’m sorry but I don’t see the output tab for the backing tracks anywhere? Do I need the Software update or? I’m running the 2.0.00 build 311 manufacture date 2019.05.01.
        • September 14, 2020
    • kingofthenight
      PedroRodrigues Hi kingofthenight thank you for your reply, please make sure that the backing track must be 16 bit resolution at 48 kHz. Please follow the link below to check a video that will help you o this matter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRagA1EToU4
      • September 14, 2020
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-01-30
    In my first year of owning a PerfomVK, Helicon replaced it twice because of defects. Very nice of them to honor the Warranty, aside from the inconvenience of shipping, and being without the unit for several weeks.

Has anyone else had Reliability problems with the VK model? or any of the Perform V series?
    read more...
    0 354
  • EricRyan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-15

Trying to make a backup of the mini HD card in my VL3X but my PC won't read it to tell me how it was formatted at the factory. I really need to find out what file system was used in the formatting procedure at the factory so I can replicate it on my spare mini HD card

read more...
    0 353
    • EricRyan
      leah Hello @EricRyan ,

The VoiceLive 3 Extreme can be completely backed up without removing the SD card inside the device. We actually do not recommend opening up our devices since it can void your device's warranty.

If your device operates normally, follow the directions in this Knowledge Base Article to perform a complete backup of your device: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=d3bac025-49d3-ea11-a813-000d3a085914&brand=TC%20Helicon

If your device is experiencing any issues, follow the directions in this Knowledge Base Article to perform a firmware update: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=c111d238-30a7-ea11-a812-000d3ac693d8&brand=TC%20Helicon

After following the above procedures, if you are still having trouble, please contact us directly by creating a Care Ticket by clicking on the Support link above. On the Support page, scroll to the bottom and click on Technical Support to get started.

I hope this helps. Thanks!
      • October 15, 2020
    • EricRyan
      EricRyan I wish I could take that route but Voice Support does not work standalone and I have no internet on my PC
      • October 15, 2020
    • EricRyan
      EricRyan Leah from Music Tribe I wish I could go that route but Voice Support does not work standalone and I have no internet on PC. Warranty was out along time ago and unit sat new in box during lengthy family tragedy. All I need to know is what file format the original mini HD card was formatted in at the factory so I can replicate it. For some reason my PC does not see the original card my unit came with so I cannot even look at the properties to examine the type of formatting it used.
      • October 15, 2020
    • EricRyan
      leah Hi @EricRyan ,

Please contact us directly via your existing email ticket with Jason. He will provide more information on your question. I have given him the details of your post.

Thanks!
      • October 15, 2020
  • New
    GunsGunsBand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-17

I can't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere on the interwebs.

I just got a Morningstar MC8 and am trying to program MIDI to the TC Helicon Voicelive Play GTX to change presets. 

Anyone know what MIDI commands I use to change from preset to preset?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

read more...
    0 351
    • GunsGunsBand
      kiskadar69 1. On DIN MIDI In, Play GTX receives the CC 32 (Bank Select LSB) message on the configured CC MIDI channel. 0 = preset 1..128 (after switching on Play GTX, this bank is set), 1 = preset 129..256, 2 = preset 257..384, 3 = preset 385..500.

2. On DIN MIDI In, Play GTX receives the Program Change message on the configured main MIDI channel. Reception can be turned on/off globally. A Program Change message selects a preset from the current bank (even if the preset cannot be selected from the panel).
      • July 19, 2021
    • GunsGunsBand
      kiskadar69 1. Set SETUP / MIDI / MIDI Chan.
      2. Set SETUP / MIDI / CC Chan.
      3. Set SETUP / MIDI / Filter to "None" or "Sysex" to enable Program Change reception.
      4. To enable DIN MIDI In, set SETUP / MIDI / MIDI Control to "Merge" or "MIDI".
      • July 19, 2021
    • GunsGunsBand
      kiskadar69 "SETUP / MIDI / MIDI Chan" and "SETUP / MIDI / CC Chan" may be the same or different.
      • July 19, 2021
  • djmorgan17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-11

New thread.  So I'm trying to learn VoiceLive3 and got to say I think the manual sucks.  It was only after bumbling around on Google trying to find out how portamento and smoothing were handled on the VL3 that I found a random reference and pulled down the VL2 manual.  WHY THE HELL isn't all the good stuff that's in the VL2 manual about the effects of all the different harmony controls and settings also in the VL3 manual?!?!?  Why do I have to bumble around to stumble on it in an older manual?   Not good TC Helicon.  

And since there's a difference between VL2 and VL3 and the VL3 manual is woefully incomplete... can someone please tell me:

Is the "Midi" harmony mode on the VL3 the same as the Midi Notes 4 Chan harmony mode on the VL2?  If not, is there a way to make the VL3 let me hit on the keyboard the exact harmony notes I want sung ?  And does the octave matter?  Does it actually place the harmonies on the real note(s) I play (like C4 E4 G4, or does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?????    

(Also - is the 8 voice midi controlled harmony of the VL2 not available in the VL3?  If this is TC Helicon answering - why did they kill it?  was it overkill, as in no one used 8 voice harmonies?)     

Thanks for any assistance.

read more...
    0 346
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 It is not mentioned in the VoiceLive 3 manual, but there should also be Notes mode:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfqqTnhLJCg
      • September 13, 2020
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 "Does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?"
      In Notes ("Manual") mode, older TC-Helicon devices have modified the received Note On octave according to a global parameter. In VoiceLive 3, IMO this is the SETUP / TRANSPOSE parameter (TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Reference Manual, page 152). You have to try.
      • September 13, 2020
  • DannyG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-03-16
    hey Helicon,
    Could you add detailed descriptions of the Cloud Presets visible in Voicesupport2? In the onscreen view, there is a section called "Details" but it only has the Preset name. Several preset names are vague, e.g. What is the difference between Hardtune Natural, Hardtune Pop, and Hardtune Country? They all sound the same when I loaded/tried them. The Designer's notes might help me hear what was intended. Thanks.
    read more...
    1 333
    • DannyG
      DannyG Hey Board Admins, I posted this question 3 years ago and never got an answer. HELLO? @admin I would appreciate complete details on ALL the cloud presets, not just the 3 examples above. This is a good product, but why is there no documentation on the Cloud Presets? Please get the designer's notes and publish them. The Titles of the presets are not descriptive enough, and many times confusing.

PVK firmware 1.2.02 build 132
      connected via USB to Windows 10 PC
      • April 17, 2021
  • stephensmiles
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-15

Hi.

Ploease could someone respond to my case ref: CAS-144682-T0G1X5 which I opened 10 days ago.  I am trying to locate a spare part.

This is no urgent.

0 330
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Now urgent
      • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      john0121 Hi Stephen, I'll have a look at this and make sure someone reaches out today. Apologies for the delay.
      • October 15, 2020
      • Unresolved service case
        stephensmiles Thank you
        • October 15, 2020
      • Unresolved service case
        stephensmiles Hi John. Is the below suggesting that I order a part? Hi. The dial on the top of my unit no longer works. I felt a click and then it worked no more. Are you able to provide a replacement circuit board? I have previously enquired about this on ticket ref CAS-88398-X1W5B1 and was sent a link #googtrans(en|en)" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en)">https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en) which brought me back here. Please can you help me to source a replacement part Y32-00001-75577----Replaces TC part# 7E34001611 Old MT part # Q09-00001-62920
        • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      john0121 Hi Stephen, My colleague Dani has picked up on your case and sent you a quote for the requested part. Check your inbox and spam just in case.
      • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Thanks John. All sorted now. Much appreciated. I have another question. I'm about to buy a condenser mic, probably a Rode NT1 or Aston Origin. Both require 48v phantom power. Will my Voiceplay live support this?
      • November 4, 2020
Go to page