Statistics

249,556 members
126,579 posts
  • djmorgan17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-11

New thread.  So I'm trying to learn VoiceLive3 and got to say I think the manual sucks.  It was only after bumbling around on Google trying to find out how portamento and smoothing were handled on the VL3 that I found a random reference and pulled down the VL2 manual.  WHY THE HELL isn't all the good stuff that's in the VL2 manual about the effects of all the different harmony controls and settings also in the VL3 manual?!?!?  Why do I have to bumble around to stumble on it in an older manual?   Not good TC Helicon.  

And since there's a difference between VL2 and VL3 and the VL3 manual is woefully incomplete... can someone please tell me:

Is the "Midi" harmony mode on the VL3 the same as the Midi Notes 4 Chan harmony mode on the VL2?  If not, is there a way to make the VL3 let me hit on the keyboard the exact harmony notes I want sung ?  And does the octave matter?  Does it actually place the harmonies on the real note(s) I play (like C4 E4 G4, or does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?????    

(Also - is the 8 voice midi controlled harmony of the VL2 not available in the VL3?  If this is TC Helicon answering - why did they kill it?  was it overkill, as in no one used 8 voice harmonies?)     

Thanks for any assistance.

read more...
    0 178
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 It is not mentioned in the VoiceLive 3 manual, but there should also be Notes mode:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfqqTnhLJCg
      • September 13, 2020
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 "Does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?"
      In Notes ("Manual") mode, older TC-Helicon devices have modified the received Note On octave according to a global parameter. In VoiceLive 3, IMO this is the SETUP / TRANSPOSE parameter (TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Reference Manual, page 152). You have to try.
      • September 13, 2020
  • EricRyan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-15

Trying to make a backup of the mini HD card in my VL3X but my PC won't read it to tell me how it was formatted at the factory. I really need to find out what file system was used in the formatting procedure at the factory so I can replicate it on my spare mini HD card

read more...
    0 172
    • EricRyan
      leah Hello @EricRyan ,

The VoiceLive 3 Extreme can be completely backed up without removing the SD card inside the device. We actually do not recommend opening up our devices since it can void your device's warranty.

If your device operates normally, follow the directions in this Knowledge Base Article to perform a complete backup of your device: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=d3bac025-49d3-ea11-a813-000d3a085914&brand=TC%20Helicon

If your device is experiencing any issues, follow the directions in this Knowledge Base Article to perform a firmware update: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=c111d238-30a7-ea11-a812-000d3ac693d8&brand=TC%20Helicon

After following the above procedures, if you are still having trouble, please contact us directly by creating a Care Ticket by clicking on the Support link above. On the Support page, scroll to the bottom and click on Technical Support to get started.

I hope this helps. Thanks!
      • October 15, 2020
    • EricRyan
      EricRyan I wish I could take that route but Voice Support does not work standalone and I have no internet on my PC
      • October 15, 2020
    • EricRyan
      EricRyan Leah from Music Tribe I wish I could go that route but Voice Support does not work standalone and I have no internet on PC. Warranty was out along time ago and unit sat new in box during lengthy family tragedy. All I need to know is what file format the original mini HD card was formatted in at the factory so I can replicate it. For some reason my PC does not see the original card my unit came with so I cannot even look at the properties to examine the type of formatting it used.
      • October 15, 2020
    • EricRyan
      leah Hi @EricRyan ,

Please contact us directly via your existing email ticket with Jason. He will provide more information on your question. I have given him the details of your post.

Thanks!
      • October 15, 2020
  • RandyB
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-13
    I am trying to set up my MIDI Baby 3 to turn on and off harmonies on my Voicelive Touch 2 with a CC message and not having success. I have emailed Disaster Area and await a response. All the commands seem to be sent out right. I duplicated what gets sent from the onboard harmony switch on the VLT2 and a Switch 3. I am hoping there is someone who has been successful doing this. There is a twist that may be a hint. If I connect a 5 pin MIDI cable and turn on MIDI rather than USB on the VLT2 it works. The messages sent are a little different though. There is a Merge setting on the VLT2 that allows Midi on both USB and 5 pin but when that is on the VLT2 does not get the PC message when I swipe to the next song. For that to work it must be set to USB. I have posted to Facebook group, nothing so far. MIDI Baby 3 is sending up and down page CC commands to my iPad running BandHelper. Looking for suggestions.
    read more...
    0 164
    • RandyB
      leah Hey Randy! It looks like William from our Customer Quality Support team has reached out to you via email. Please check out your email inbox and respond to William's email for further assistance. Thanks!
      • June 19, 2020
    • RandyB
      RandyB Hi Leah, he has and I appreciate the time. here is my response, Hi William,

From Page 69 of the manual:
      MIDI CTRL parameter

The MIDI CTRL (Control) parameter defines which ports (USB and/or the physical MIDI input) are used byVoiceSupport soft- ware and for MIDI keyboard input and control.

Merge setting (default)

When you set the MIDI Control parameter to Merge, a computer running VoiceSupport software can be connected to the USB port to control and update the device. MIDI notes, control messages and MIDI Clock are received via the physical MIDI Input jack on the device.

MIDI setting

When you set the MIDI Control parameter to MIDI, the USB port is ignored. MIDI notes and control messages are received via the physical MIDI Input jack on the device.You can also use MIDI System Exclusive messages on the MIDI Input jack to import presets using librarian software on a computer.

USB setting

On this setting, the physical MIDI In is ignored.The USB port on the VoiceLive Touch 2 is used for both VoiceSupport and MIDI notes and control messages.

Here is my problem. If I choose MIDI in my settings I can turn off and on the CC changes for harmonies with my MIDI pedal, however I loose the ability to make Program changes so swiping to the next song to load the appropriate harmonies is lost. If I choose USB the opposite occurs no Harmonies off and on CC, Program changes work.

This statement from the manual means this should work hence I believe the device is not working as sold., .The USB port on the VoiceLive Touch 2 is used for both VoiceSupport and MIDI notes and control messages.

In response to your statement, "I believe it is usb in or midi in but not both."I know that it can do this from software because I was previously using click/backing tracks with MIDI through BandHelper on my iPad and the MIDI messages from the USB port to the VLT2 worked. Both CC and PC messages worked.

So it seems to me that this should work though the USB from the MIDI Baby 3 which is sending the correct info as can be seen by the fact that it gets through MIDI.

I see this as a broken function on a current product that needs to be repaired.

I have owned several TC Helicon Harmony pedals and I want to keep using them but this means I need to look elsewhere to get something that should be working according to our manual.

Hope to hear from you, happy to talk via Skype, ZOOM or phone,

Randy
      • June 20, 2020
  • zachdighans
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-05

Hello all,

I wanted to inquire about an issue I am having with my vocal pedal... I seem to have the right power supply for it (the 12 V 400 mA) and the pedal lights up indicating that it is on... although there is no output from the pedal, and turning the mic gain knob on the left of the pedal does nothing to increase volume. This is especially noticeable when I got to record vocals via my DAW using the pedal. Could this be a power supply issue or an issue within the pedal itself? If anyone has any tips or maybe a way to use the product number to have it sent and fixed/checked out that would be so helpful. 

thanks so much,

Zach 

read more...
    0 150
    • zachdighans
      WilliamR Hello, Sometimes issues like this can be cleared up with a firmware update. Make sure when you run the voice support 2 software that there are no web browsers open while you are running voice support 2 as it tends to interfere with the detection of the device.

1. Download and install VoiceSupport2 software from here.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Vocal/Apps/VOICESUPPORT-2/p/P0CMP/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

2. Connect the device to PC / Mac with USB and turn on the power.

3. Start VoiceSupport2.

4.VoiceSupport2 recognizes the device, and if there is the latest update, an update mark will be added to the device image.

5. Select Update in the upper tab, click the latest firmware and try the update.
      • August 6, 2020
  • nkrcompany
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Voicelive2, Voicelive play have MIDI CC114 control message to bypass effects. I cannot find any information about bypass MIDI message in Voicelive 3 extreme manual. I've tried sending CC114 with 127 value but nothing happens. Can you help me, how should I bypass vocal effects using midi? Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 147
    • nkrcompany
      PetGerbil Can you activate the Tuner from Midi ? That would bypass the Vocal effects.
      • September 17, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        nkrcompany No, I can't because I don't know the midi CC of the tuner either. In the manual the midi cc list is too lightweight.
        • September 17, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        PetGerbil Hmmm, The only other way I can think of is to maybe create a "Step" with all the fx off. Or,individually turn each effect off with seperate CC's. P.I.T.A either way. :/
        • September 17, 2020
  • New
    OldManZero
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

I recently came across a VoicePro rack unit and know that there was a 2.0 of the computer software (Vyzor) that was released for it in early 2009.  I can't seem to find a copy of it anywhere on the internet.  Additionally, there is zero mention of the VoicePro rack unit anywhere on TC-Helicon's site and no support documents are available.  

Is there a way to get a copy of that software?  I know there were issues with an outsourced company (Psicraft) but they are also out of business and have no website or active links that host the software.  

Any insight as to how this software may be acquired?  Thanks,

- Marc

read more...
    0 146
    • OldManZero
      PedroRodrigues Hi Marc, please follow the link below to access the Vyzor 2.0 for Mac and Win https://wsi.li/dl/Khpx6rhM44aQTmjcL/
      • December 3, 2020
      • Vyzor 2.0 Software for TC-Helicon VoicePro
        OldManZero Thank you, Pedro. However, this appears to be the TC Electronic G-System version of the software and not the TC-Helicon Voice System version which I need.
        • ·
        • December 3, 2020
        OldManZero
        • ·
        • December 3, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Marc, I'm sorry, but unfortunately the VoicePro is a legacy for some time unit so its no easy to search for any resources for this unit. I will try to source it on your database . Thank you
        • December 4, 2020
        OldManZero Did you have any luck finding this? Thanks.
        • December 22, 2020
    • OldManZero
      Erra I have Vyzor for Voice Pro, the problem is that it was free but you had to go to Psycraft website and register the product to get a password. Psycraft is offline and Wayback Machine doesn't allow to retrieve the password. So no password, and since it was free no cracks no passwords anywhere. Vyzor was a part of Midi Quest, which is still available to purchase, version 11 doesn't work with Voice Pro, up to date version 12 works but it is ridiculous expensive for what it does. So unless someone can manage a password for Vyzor which was free at the time, no editor is available, unless programming another software alternatives such as CTRLR
      • Jan 1
  • New
    RobF109
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-21

I have recently perchased a TC Helicon Perform-V and am unable to beam effects from the app.

I have tried it so many times, with different devices and only managed to get it to work once but never again.

I have now downloaded the voice support app for mac and am able to import effects to the unit via usb although voice support doesn't have as many preset options as the perform-v app does.

Is there a way to get the beaming to work or can I get access to the full range of presets via a usb?

Is this a common issue with this product or should I send it back for a replacement which works with beaming effects?

Thanks

read more...
    0 142
    • RobF109
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi RobF109, in most cases beaming will fail due to distortion being added to the signal. If you have not yet done so we would recommend trying the beaming process with the phone's volume at around 60 - 80% full, at 100% it is likely to add distortion.
      If you are also using an iPhone 7 or above please also experiment with the positioning of the phone, generally beaming works best when the speaker at the top of the phone is used rather than the bottom one.

If you are still experiencing issues after this I would recommend submitting a technical support ticket so we may gain a better understanding of your setup. To do this please go to support at the top of the page, scroll down to technical support and fill in the form.
      • Jun 21
    • RobF109
      RobF109

Hi Chris. Thank you for your reply. I have tried it and it's still not working so I will submit a technical support ticket. Many thanks for your help. Rob.

• Jun 23
  • Remslive1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

Anyone out there still have a firmware update file (or know where to find it) for the Ditto Mic Looper? Mine died and TC Helicon doesn't supply it anymore since they discontinued the product. 

1 141
    • Remslive1
      leah Hello Tom Fridrich,

The Ditto Mic Looper has never had a firmware update. If you are experiencing issues with your device, please start a Care Ticket by clicking the Support link at the top of this page. We'll be glad to help!

Thanks!
      • September 29, 2020
  • New
    Daglow
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-10

I have a voicelive 2, but when I plug my midi keyboard controller in it nothing happens.  I have turned on the midi function and held the 2 switches down to recognize the channel.  Still nothing happens.  I have used the software and it sees my keyboard but there is an x at the bottom and unlit.  

I am hoping I am doing something wrong and the midi portion is not broken!

read more...
    0 136
    • Daglow
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Daniel Daglow, please, connect a MIDI cable between your keyboard’s MIDI out and VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN. Play a note on your keyboard and check VoiceLive 2’s display to see if the MIDI indicator lights. If it doesn’t, set the MIDI transmit channel of your keyboard to 1,VoiceLive 2’s default or perform the following quick MIDI receive channel procedure.
      Hold the PRESET up and SHORTCUT footswitches briefly to enter MIDI Setup.
      Press any note on your keyboard. This will automatically configure VoiceLive 2’s
      MIDI receive channel to match your keyboard’s.
      Tap the SHORTCUT footswitch to exit.
      You should now see the word MIDI flash in the main display when you play your keyboard.
      You can also set MIDI channel manually in the MIDItab of the SETUP menu.
      MIDI IN and USB To use the MIDI IN while you have a USB cable connected, press the SETUP button, locate the SYSTEM tab and turn the USB CONTROL setting to OFF.
      This will enable the MIDIIN. Alternatively, you may also remove the USB cable to access MIDIIN.
      When you want to restore computer control of VoiceLive 2 over USB, or you want to access the VoiceSupport application’s features, you can turn the USBCONTROL parameter back to On.
      In the Mac and Windows operating systems, you can select VoiceLive 2’s audio device in your workstation program by name.
      In some Windows DAW apps, however, the name of the audio device may be “USB Audio Device”. USB And MIDI Control To use VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN jack for harmony, preset change or realtime control while USB is connected, enter the I/O tab in the SETUP menu and set USB CONTROL to OFF.
      USB audio will function normally, but MIDI will only be accepted by VoiceLive 2’s through its MIDI IN port. To re-enable VoiceSupport’s features and reception of MIDI from your DAW, turn USB CONTROL to ON.
      To access VoiceSupport please follow the link below:
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP" target="_blank" title="" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP">">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP" target="_blank">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      • Jan 11
    • Daglow
      Daglow WoW! "MIDI IN and USB To use the MIDI IN while you have a USB cable connected, press the SETUP button, locate the SYSTEM tab and turn the USB CONTROL setting to OFF." That fixed the problem and some dust! Big thanx!
      • Jan 11
  • New
    geobluesguy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-30

Can the SingThing trigger vocal harmonies using only midi (with no audio) from a keyboard similar to the TC Helicon Perform VK?

I would like to have the option of running my keyboard audio as a separate stereo signal to the main mixer board but retain the ability to trigger vocal harmonies from my keyboard.

read more...
    0 133
    • geobluesguy
      kiskadar69 I don't think it's possible.
      Q: "Sorry to say that, but you guys don't even show how to connect a keyboard in MIDI mode. Please show your ports. I have a SingThing and I'm so confused in connecting to my keyboard."(Behzad,2018)
      A: "Hey Behzad. With the SingThing you connect your keyboard via 1/8 connector in the Aux/Keys port on the back of the unit. The MIDI would be for setting up a MIDI controller to "Hit" the different effects. If you have any other questions you can find a lot of information in our manuals on our website under Support. Have fun and I hope that helped! (TC-Helicon,2018)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfqqTnhLJCg
      • December 31, 2020
      • Triggering midi harmonies on TC Helicon SingThing from keyboard
        geobluesguy That's too bad. Keyboard midi harmony is an excellent feature on the Perform VK. Soundmen typically want vocals and instruments in separate channels for FOH mixing and the Perform VK's keyboard midi harrmony feature faciltates this. Thanks for the info.
        • December 31, 2020
Go to page