Statistics

250,514 members
127,680 posts
  • New
    SteveD_Angelo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-09

I literally played my Harmony Singer 2 for 3 hours one night and then the foot switch freaked out on me.  I have to hold it down now to keep harmonies on unlike before when I tapped for harmony and tapped again to return to one voice.  Can anyone please help?

read more...
    0 32
    • SteveD_Angelo
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi SteveD_Angelo, it sounds like momentary mode may have been engaged. With this mode engaged, you will need to press and hold the footswitch to enable the effect.

To engage or disengage this feature, press and hold the tone button while plugging the unit in.
      • May 9
  • New
    damnselene
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-07-29

Hello! I recently tried upgrading from my Perform V to a VE but realized I really just preferred the effects and functionality of the V and never took advantage of the extra features of the VE so I switched back when I then realize one huge thing the V was missing that I'd gotten accustomed to, the ability to sync the MIDI.

In my live set up I do have an analog sync out on one of my devices that pulses 5v signals to the tempo. Is that something that could be somehow programmed to trigger the tap tempo on the Perform V through the Pedal input? If not does anyone know how that is coded? Maybe there's a way to convert the sync voltage to whatever signal the V needs in the Pedal input to assign to the tap with like an arduino or something? 

I can survive without it but it's the only piece of hardware I have that isn't synced and I sometimes forget to tap out the tempo at the beginning of my songs, which throws me off when a delay preset is off beat.

read more...
    0 32
  • New
    ColleenR_Kitche
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-04

Before:  plug mic into VL3 mic-in, plug another cable into L/MONO out and put other end into audio   Set effect, turn volume DOWN from setting used for dry mic,  sing into mic, voila, strong vocals with obvious effects.  Happy.  

Recently: same setup  Result:  very little vocal comes out speakers, no effect, when you attempt to compensate by turning volume up a nasty hum comes out.   Every other component in this rig works fine  (mic, audio channel, cable) when I don't use it with the VL3  Have tried it with every mic cable I own,  they all fail the same.  Evidence suggests the VL3 is the problem. 

Any home remedies I could try?  A guy on youtube had great results by taking the back plate off blowing that electrical cleaning spray in there,  also unscrewing the little nipples on the pedal buttons and spraying them down too and then putting it all back together.   But his problem was different.  

read more...
    0 32
  • New
    nmalexandersen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-22

Hello TC-Helicon.

Can you please tell me what the specs are for the XLR output on the Perform VG. I can't find any info on your website, or even in the Perform VG manual.

Can you tell me if this is a Mic level signal or a Line level signal ?

And if it is a Line level signal, is it a +4dB or a -10dB signal ?

Kind regards Nils

read more...
    0 32
  • New
    TerryLalley
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-20

I have recently bought a TC Helicon D1 and this went the same as the previous harmonizer.  Worked twice than died.

Are all TC Helicon products this bad?

0 32
    • TerryLalley
      kiskadar69 No, I currently have six TC-Helicon devices and they all work.
      • Aug 20
    • TerryLalley
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi TerryLalley, im sorry to hear this. Would it be possible to provide more information on the fault? For example how it was being powered at the time of failure, if this was an original or third-party power supply, what other equipment was being used at the time, and anything else you deem relevant.
      If you are using a third-party power supply would it also be possible to provide a picture of its specifications?
      • Aug 20
  • New
    miffmole
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-18

I'm trying to use vocal harmonies in the VL3X via performance track and automation.  

The problem is, if I sing and play the keyboard (a Nord Stage 3 73-key) manually with nothing else running, the harmonies are great, just what I want.  However, when I start up a track, the harmonies go all over the place...they sound totally drunk, out of key, and possibly even in another key...absolutely loopy. I changed to a fixed key (G in this case)...no change.  

They work great with guitar, and great with my Nord via MIDI.  Just not with a track and automation.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

read more...
    0 32
    • miffmole
      NicJonesMT Hi MiffMole.
      Could you please submit a Tech support ticket via the Support tab at the top of the page. From here we can then go through some trouble shooting with you to figure out what is going on.
      • Jun 19
  • payday0023
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-17

I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust the (dry direct from the mic, post pre-amp) signal and the wet (effects) signal.  Can you turn the wet effects down to give the dry, clean mic signal more prominence, or vice versa?  As far as I can tell, when you turn an effect on, it's all wet and the knob adjusting the effect parameter turns up and down the intensity or character of the effect.

Is this possible, and if not, can it be a feature request for the Perform V?

read more...
    0 31
  • New
    fleahead
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-08-18

I have been using my Voicelive Rack now for 8 years with no issues and excellent performance. However, I've always been puzzled about the function of the Lead Level parameter. I presumed that by adjusting the Lead Level in the Harmony effect, I would be able to adjust my dry vocal signal to balance with the other harmony voices, or even eliminate it completely. However, it does not work like that for me. I also have a Voicelive 3 with the same parameter and same results.

Just to experiment, I setup a simple preset with two harmony voices only, and no other effects enabled. Only Harmony, Tone, and Pitch. No matter how I adjust the Lead Level of the Harmony effect, it never varies relative to the harmony voices.

I'm just looking for someone that knows what the parameter should do and how it should be used.

read more...
    0 31
    • fleahead
      PedroRodrigues Hi fleahead Try turning the “Lead Level” parameter to OFF when using one of the “Wide” styles. This will effective would suggest trying to remove your voice from the middle of the stereo field and helps recreate the wide-panned vocal style that can be heard on many recent recordings.
      I would also suggest adding some “1 Voice Tight” Double effect when using the Harmony effect can add some presence to your lead voice, preventing it from being overpowered by the Harmony.
      Also adding some “4 Voices Wide” Double effect when using the Harmony effect can significantly enhance the “group” sound of the Harmony voices, especially when using two or more Harmony voices.
      I hope this helps.
      • Aug 19
  • New
    JustinFerren
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-20

I had water damage at a gig. I have blank screen and no startup but there is poer. I can;t remember wher I bought new and there is no serial number on mine any longer. I know I have to pay for repair but how can I initiate repair without serial number?

read more...
    0 31
    • JustinFerren
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi JustinFerren, please submit a service request ticket as you would usually do, however, within the serial number field you can put N/A or Not Available and this should still allow you to submit your ticket. Please just make a note within the description of the issues surrounding the serial number.
      • Aug 20
  • New
    mimojo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-03-18

Hi all out there!

Can all you good folk tell me what is wrong and what to do with my Voicelive Touch. When i put the powercable in it, it will not come up - no lights in it.  Is it garbage now, or do I have a chance to "bring it back to life"?

read more...
    0 30
    • mimojo
      DavidKnighton Hello mimojo,
      I would double check the power supply to ensure it's the correct voltage output for your pedal. It should be 12V DC. Quite often users will get their power plugs mixed up and will plug in the wrong type. If you're 100% certain it's the correct plug, then I would suggest opening a SUPPORT ticket. Click the SUPPORT link at the top of this page and scroll down to where it says SERVICE REQUEST.
      • Mar 18
Go to page