Statistics

298,605 members
182,229 posts
  • New
    gerdo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-23

I like my VL3X, it is a great combination of functionalities, but what I am really missing is some MIDI features:

1. MIDI start and stop
    I have not found a way to start and stop a backing track on the VL3X, based on incoming MIDI start/stop commands. Am I missing something here or are there any plans to implement this?

2. MIDI map feature
    I have some guitar effect pedals and preamps that can receive and send MIDI CCs or PCs for changing presets. Could you please implement something like the MIDI map functionality on the TC Electronic G-System or Nova System (possibility to configure MIDI commands to send, for each button on the device and for every single preset each)? 

3. Sequence Recording, including MIDI
    On the VL3X you have this great feature of recording a sequence, so that you can automate effect changes during a performance. It would be great if you could also include incoming MIDI commands into this sequence recording. At the moment, it seems, only the keypresses on the device itself are recorded. With other midi capable pedals connected to the MIDI IN/OUT of the VL3X you would be able to also include preset changes on these pedals into the sequence recording.

Please, keep up the good work and please continue to improve the device!

best regards
    Gerd

read more...
    2 329
    • gerdo
      LuisLugo That's exactly what I'm looking for with my Voicelive 3. The manual lists just a few MIDI commands related to vocal and guitar effects but surely there has to be many more, like the actions that can be assigned to an external switch and an external expression pedals via the TRS connections at the back. I have just acquired an MC-6 MIDI Controller and I'm at a loss trying to reach this VL3 capabilities via this unit.
      • December 26, 2020
    • gerdo
      Photologik

I totally agree! The VL3X is a powerful device but lacks quite some functionality! Yes, sequencing incoming midi commands would be great but the simple use of the backing tracks or looping through midi should be ESSENTIAL! How is the device supposed to be in sync with other midi devices if it's not possible to playback or loop through midi commands?! I know it can be a slave btw, but how can the backing track be in sync with a groovebox for example? Looping should work but only controlled directly in the unit! For those using external controllers like me this is a big turn off! I guess TC HELICON wanted this device to be the center piece in a setup and only dependable on itself...poor decision... The more I use it and the more features seem left behind or else I pass days with headaches with no positive results... Atm, I'm only using vocal fx and some guitar fx to complement my rig. Midi, looping and audio routing are a disaster....(with confusing unintuitive modes! There's 3 inputs+backing tracks+met and 2 stereo outputs, why can't we just assign any input to any mono or stereo output?!?! Specially the AUX input going to the vocal output is ridiculous...) The fx are not bad but expected better, specially for the guitar! It sounds quite bad (fake and synthesised)! Even the booster that should just clean boost the signal brings in artificial sound! .... But well, that's another story and I'm done complaining... Unfortunately, I don't think there will be any firmware update, the device has quite some years since it was released and profits from it are probably enough so, why care? The TC HELICON "flagship" says it all to me and although it's entertaining, it's far from professional use, it remembered me that we learn from our mistakes, which means that next time I'll make a better choice for sure

• Jan 8
  • stephensmiles
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-15

Hi.

Ploease could someone respond to my case ref: CAS-144682-T0G1X5 which I opened 10 days ago.  I am trying to locate a spare part.

This is no urgent.

0 328
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Now urgent
      • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      john0121 Hi Stephen, I'll have a look at this and make sure someone reaches out today. Apologies for the delay.
      • October 15, 2020
      • Unresolved service case
        stephensmiles Thank you
        • October 15, 2020
      • Unresolved service case
        stephensmiles Hi John. Is the below suggesting that I order a part? Hi. The dial on the top of my unit no longer works. I felt a click and then it worked no more. Are you able to provide a replacement circuit board? I have previously enquired about this on ticket ref CAS-88398-X1W5B1 and was sent a link #googtrans(en|en)" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en)">https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en) which brought me back here. Please can you help me to source a replacement part Y32-00001-75577----Replaces TC part# 7E34001611 Old MT part # Q09-00001-62920
        • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      john0121 Hi Stephen, My colleague Dani has picked up on your case and sent you a quote for the requested part. Check your inbox and spam just in case.
      • October 15, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Thanks John. All sorted now. Much appreciated. I have another question. I'm about to buy a condenser mic, probably a Rode NT1 or Aston Origin. Both require 48v phantom power. Will my Voiceplay live support this?
      • November 4, 2020
  • New
    ShaneWebb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

Thanks for your time, my Voicelive Touch 2 has the following issues.

I have removed the protective film, updated and tried different power sources as well as having nothing else attached to the unit

1. wont factory reset, pressing the two buttons during power up yields nothing.

2. the hit button intermitantly freezes the system and needs to be restarted (see linked vid)

3. the looper intermitantly starts up and behaves effactly also freezing the system (see linked vid)

link to video

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BFHditjofaB6kFFJ9

Shane

read more...
    1 322
    • ShaneWebb
      PedroRodrigues Hi ShaneWebb In this case an as a first approach I would suggest performing a factory reset.
      To restoring the factory settings of TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch 2, you must power up the unit. Then hold the LEFT BOTTOM and LEFT TOP Matrix buttons while the display shows text until the display shows the initialization message. The Factory Reset procedure is complete.
      Please see a video by following the link below:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiIcwTFHJhM I hope this helps
      • September 26, 2021
    • ShaneWebb
      ShaneWebb Thanks Pedro though I did this reset and another firmware update and the looper and hit button are still buggy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu5yVeWAvAo
      • September 26, 2021
    • ShaneWebb
      FILIPASOUSAMUSIC Hi! I hope you don't mind I use this post, but I guess I'm having similar problems. A few months ago I noticed my voiceLive Touch 2 was not working properly. I tried the updates, restored the factory settings... the only thing that works is the sound, I can't get any effects or harmonies... The warranty is already finished, so, if anyone can help me and recommend a place where can I try to fix it in Portugal (or Europe)... Thanks in advance!
      • October 13, 2021
      • Voicelive touch 2 issues
        PedroRodrigues Ola Filipa, o meu nome e Pedro Rodrigues e eu trabalho para a MT o que eu sugeria seria seguires o link em baixo e seguires o guia presente da pasta zip para executares um REBOOT e fazeres um update a tua unidade. Espero que ajude. https://wsi.li/dl/WtCvtoXexsmBqW5Ac/ Obrigado
        • October 13, 2021
  • New
    Seemam3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-05

I own a TC Helicon Play Acoustic vocal processor and love it. I'm considering buying a SingThing as a portable practice amp. I love the presets on the Play Acoustic and am trying to find a list of presets on the SingThing but can't find it anywhere in the documentation or on the website. I have a few favorite Play Acoustic presets I'm hoping are on the SingThing before I purchase. Is there a list out there that I am just not seeing? Thanks!

read more...
    0 318
  • New
    SteveCarlson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-09

Hi people,

Just curious how do i go about connecting external effects pedals such as wah wah and Boss BD-2 blues driver in the helicon chain as when i have tried this the sound i get borders on atrocious, total shit and WTF..

Can someone help me please..

Cheers Steve

read more...
    0 317
    • SteveCarlson
      Dale_M Can you advise how you are interfacing the external FX with the VL3? At what point in the chain are they being connected?
      • June 9, 2021
    • SteveCarlson
      SteveCarlson

Hi Dale, I've tried guitar to wah then bd2 then to guitar input of VL3.. also guitar to VL3 guitar input then guitar output to bd2 no wah.. and still crappy sound.. having a look at a vl3 video wondering if the prepost gains are to high and its clipping the hell out of it. cheers Steve..if its not that i'm stumped

• June 10, 2021
  • New
    DaveBarnes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-02

TC Helicon voice live 3 extreme |

Regrettably I reset my VL3X to factory settings thus losing the FX Automation preset of "Amazing Grace". Reading through these discussions I read that Pastor Leroy Wlliams also had had the same problem 2020-07-08.

I couldn't find any reply, so looked Online and found :-

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/5132. It explains that the preset is not embedded in the firmware because it would quadruple the size.

A download link was made available via DropBox, but this no longer works. I would really appreciate it if this download could be reupped or made available to me in some other way.

read more...
    1 307
    • DaveBarnes
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dave, please be aware that VL3X ships with included FX Automation for "Amazing Grace" for male vocals. The preset will be available for free download via VoiceSupport.
      • December 3, 2020
    • DaveBarnes
      DaveBarnes Thanks Pedro for responding so quickly. I'm afraid I don't know how to find the preset on VoiceSupport 2. Can't find it in the Cloud listing and Find Preset has no result if I put in "Amazing Grace". I'm old,this is new to me and I'm clearly I've got a lot top learn
      • December 3, 2020
    • DaveBarnes
      DaveBarnes Sorry to be tedious but I have looked at numerous videos and tutorials but am still unable to find the free download for FX Automation for "Amazing Grace" for male vocals. Would it be possible to send me the link please or clarify the steps required to download via Voice Support 2?
      • December 4, 2020
    • DaveBarnes
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dave, Its a pleasure to help, please follow the link below to download VOICESUPPORT https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      • December 4, 2020
      • Amazing Grace FX Automation preset  lost in Factory reset
        DaveBarnes Hi Pedro
        I followed the link you just sent and have downloaded Voice Support 2 for the second time and failed again to find the FX Automation preset of "Amazing Grace" .

It does not seem to be listed in VL3X Presets: 264/500.

Preset 10 is SING-A-SYNTH and not "Amazing Grace" Can you please tell me where I can find it?

Regards
        Dave
        • ·
        • December 4, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Dave please select Preset 10 and press the HIT footswitch, which in this Preset is associated with the Backing Track playback function, so it is shown as “Track” in the display.
        You should now hear “Amazing Grace
        • December 4, 2020
        DaveBarnes Hi Pedro. I have faithfully followed all your suggestions several times without success. The FX Automation preset of "Amazing Grace" is not included in VL3X Presets: 264/500 and does not seem to be on my machine any more. Can you please or anyone else able to, who reads this repost the .pkg file suggested as a solution in Knowledge Base Home . https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/5132. The link no longer works.
        • December 5, 2020
    • DaveBarnes
      reudischer Hi Dave, hi Pedro, I have the same problem. I bought a new VL3X and the automation preset of amazing grace is not included ond preset 10 (very disappointing). It would be nice, if someone coud send a new link for the download. Thank you and regards :-)
      • February 3, 2021
  • DavidDove
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    I've been experiencing a few problems with the Voicelive 3 extreme recently. I start off recording a loop and it gradually goes out of sync and I'm not sure if its something to do with Tempo Locking or if there's another setting I need to adjust. Also sometimes when I finish an overdub and I pressed 'End Overdub' and start to play over the loop I just created, there's a bit of the recording on the overdub I just played live and I've no idea why. I've set the voicelive in the looper to to Queue Overdub off so I can start recording anywhere in the loop from say track A. I'm just wandering would it be that when I start and end recording if I haven't recorded quite enough would that bleed over be still recorded even when I press the End Overdub button.
    read more...
    0 299
  • RandyB
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-13
    I am trying to set up my MIDI Baby 3 to turn on and off harmonies on my Voicelive Touch 2 with a CC message and not having success. I have emailed Disaster Area and await a response. All the commands seem to be sent out right. I duplicated what gets sent from the onboard harmony switch on the VLT2 and a Switch 3. I am hoping there is someone who has been successful doing this. There is a twist that may be a hint. If I connect a 5 pin MIDI cable and turn on MIDI rather than USB on the VLT2 it works. The messages sent are a little different though. There is a Merge setting on the VLT2 that allows Midi on both USB and 5 pin but when that is on the VLT2 does not get the PC message when I swipe to the next song. For that to work it must be set to USB. I have posted to Facebook group, nothing so far. MIDI Baby 3 is sending up and down page CC commands to my iPad running BandHelper. Looking for suggestions.
    read more...
    0 299
    • RandyB
      leah Hey Randy! It looks like William from our Customer Quality Support team has reached out to you via email. Please check out your email inbox and respond to William's email for further assistance. Thanks!
      • June 19, 2020
    • RandyB
      RandyB Hi Leah, he has and I appreciate the time. here is my response, Hi William,

From Page 69 of the manual:
      MIDI CTRL parameter

The MIDI CTRL (Control) parameter defines which ports (USB and/or the physical MIDI input) are used byVoiceSupport soft- ware and for MIDI keyboard input and control.

Merge setting (default)

When you set the MIDI Control parameter to Merge, a computer running VoiceSupport software can be connected to the USB port to control and update the device. MIDI notes, control messages and MIDI Clock are received via the physical MIDI Input jack on the device.

MIDI setting

When you set the MIDI Control parameter to MIDI, the USB port is ignored. MIDI notes and control messages are received via the physical MIDI Input jack on the device.You can also use MIDI System Exclusive messages on the MIDI Input jack to import presets using librarian software on a computer.

USB setting

On this setting, the physical MIDI In is ignored.The USB port on the VoiceLive Touch 2 is used for both VoiceSupport and MIDI notes and control messages.

Here is my problem. If I choose MIDI in my settings I can turn off and on the CC changes for harmonies with my MIDI pedal, however I loose the ability to make Program changes so swiping to the next song to load the appropriate harmonies is lost. If I choose USB the opposite occurs no Harmonies off and on CC, Program changes work.

This statement from the manual means this should work hence I believe the device is not working as sold., .The USB port on the VoiceLive Touch 2 is used for both VoiceSupport and MIDI notes and control messages.

In response to your statement, "I believe it is usb in or midi in but not both."I know that it can do this from software because I was previously using click/backing tracks with MIDI through BandHelper on my iPad and the MIDI messages from the USB port to the VLT2 worked. Both CC and PC messages worked.

So it seems to me that this should work though the USB from the MIDI Baby 3 which is sending the correct info as can be seen by the fact that it gets through MIDI.

I see this as a broken function on a current product that needs to be repaired.

I have owned several TC Helicon Harmony pedals and I want to keep using them but this means I need to look elsewhere to get something that should be working according to our manual.

Hope to hear from you, happy to talk via Skype, ZOOM or phone,

Randy
      • June 20, 2020
  • New
    BobBaker
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-04

This was a ticket I created about my device on the 2nd time I used it:

Ticket Number: CAS-475735-J7Z1F7

Harmony G-XT

I have had the device for several years and had only used it once. I took it out to start using it and i didn't look at the manual before I connected the mic in and out and the guitar in and through and of course the unit was on, and I did see the warning not to connect the mic with the unit powered up, but only after I did it. I have the sound of the mic in my recorder and I have the sound of the guitar, but no effects or harmonies are heard. All the buttons and lights are working, I did a hard factory reset and also updated my firmware. Nothing I have tried gets the processing back. I have read all the Music tribe conversations and nothing has been said about my problem. is there a solution to reset the unit or is it now just a useless doorstop?

Ticket Info
    Name:
    Bob Baker
    Type:
    Technical Support
    Last Modified:

Their response (and they indicated it was resolved) was to call a partner for repair. I am not going to take this obviously defective or damaged by me product and pay a fee for them to tell me whats wrong with it. A simple answer was all I was looking for: i.e. "Yes you can reboot the system by...", or "no, you've burned out a component by plugging in the mic while it was powered", but they kicked the can down the road and told me it was resolved. Blah. 
    read more...
    0 296
    • BobBaker
      DavidKnighton Hello BobBaker,
      Sorry to hear your less than stellar experience. I will ask the TC Helicon team if any reset or additional troubleshooting can be done with your product.
      • August 4, 2021
    • BobBaker
      DavidKnighton Hello Bob,
      Have you tried this troubleshooting excerpt from the owner's manual? My FX level is up but the sound is still dryo You’re likely set to the Off FX style. Press the FXbutton to activate and cycle through the FX styles.
      • August 4, 2021
    • BobBaker
      kiskadar69 Try recalibrating the Harmony-G XT knobs:
      1. Hold down Manual button and the right footswitch labeled "On" during power up. The FX button will be lit indicating the start of calibrating Guitar knob. Turn the Guitar knob all the way to its minimum position and press the FX button once. FX button should start to flash. Next, turn the Guitar knob all the way to its maximum position and press the FX button once. The FX button LED will now become solid indicating that Guitar knob has been calibrated correctly.
      2. The "Voice 1" button will be lit indicating the start of calibrating FX knob. Turn the FX knob all the way to its minimum position and press the "Voice 1" button once. "Voice 1" button should start to flash. Next, turn the FX knob all the way to its maximum position and press the "Voice 1" button once. The "Voice 1" button LED will now become solid indicating that FX knob has been calibrated correctly.
      3. The "Voice 2" button will be lit indicating the start of calibrating Harmony knob. Turn the Harmony knob all the way to its minimum position and press the "Voice 2" button once. "Voice 2" button should start to flash. Next, turn the Harmony knob all the way to its maximum position and press the "Voice 2" button once. The "Voice 2" button LED will now become solid indicating that Harmony knob has been calibrated correctly. The unit will now reboot into normal mode. Done.
      • August 5, 2021
    • BobBaker
      BobBaker

It did work this time with just the mic plugged in. Later tonight I will try with the guitar and if everything works as it should I will be happy. Thanks. And as I said, I did do this recalibration when it stopped working as I had seen it in another thread. But it didn't work that time.

• August 5, 2021
    • BobBaker
      kiskadar69 OK.
      Then I only have the following tip: if the Harmony-G XT is in "mono" mode, the right XLR output will be "dry", so only the microphone signal (+Tone) will appear on it.
      • August 5, 2021
  • New
    Daglow
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-10

I have a voicelive 2, but when I plug my midi keyboard controller in it nothing happens.  I have turned on the midi function and held the 2 switches down to recognize the channel.  Still nothing happens.  I have used the software and it sees my keyboard but there is an x at the bottom and unlit.  

I am hoping I am doing something wrong and the midi portion is not broken!

read more...
    0 294
    • Daglow
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Daniel Daglow, please, connect a MIDI cable between your keyboard’s MIDI out and VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN. Play a note on your keyboard and check VoiceLive 2’s display to see if the MIDI indicator lights. If it doesn’t, set the MIDI transmit channel of your keyboard to 1,VoiceLive 2’s default or perform the following quick MIDI receive channel procedure.
      Hold the PRESET up and SHORTCUT footswitches briefly to enter MIDI Setup.
      Press any note on your keyboard. This will automatically configure VoiceLive 2’s
      MIDI receive channel to match your keyboard’s.
      Tap the SHORTCUT footswitch to exit.
      You should now see the word MIDI flash in the main display when you play your keyboard.
      You can also set MIDI channel manually in the MIDItab of the SETUP menu.
      MIDI IN and USB To use the MIDI IN while you have a USB cable connected, press the SETUP button, locate the SYSTEM tab and turn the USB CONTROL setting to OFF.
      This will enable the MIDIIN. Alternatively, you may also remove the USB cable to access MIDIIN.
      When you want to restore computer control of VoiceLive 2 over USB, or you want to access the VoiceSupport application’s features, you can turn the USBCONTROL parameter back to On.
      In the Mac and Windows operating systems, you can select VoiceLive 2’s audio device in your workstation program by name.
      In some Windows DAW apps, however, the name of the audio device may be “USB Audio Device”. USB And MIDI Control To use VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN jack for harmony, preset change or realtime control while USB is connected, enter the I/O tab in the SETUP menu and set USB CONTROL to OFF.
      USB audio will function normally, but MIDI will only be accepted by VoiceLive 2’s through its MIDI IN port. To re-enable VoiceSupport’s features and reception of MIDI from your DAW, turn USB CONTROL to ON.
      To access VoiceSupport please follow the link below:
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP" target="_blank" title="" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP">">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP" target="_blank">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      • January 11, 2021
    • Daglow
      Daglow WoW! "MIDI IN and USB To use the MIDI IN while you have a USB cable connected, press the SETUP button, locate the SYSTEM tab and turn the USB CONTROL setting to OFF." That fixed the problem and some dust! Big thanx!
      • January 11, 2021
Go to page