Statistics

298,815 members
182,480 posts
  • Remslive1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

Anyone out there still have a firmware update file (or know where to find it) for the Ditto Mic Looper? Mine died and TC Helicon doesn't supply it anymore since they discontinued the product. 

1 291
    • Remslive1
      leah Hello Tom Fridrich,

The Ditto Mic Looper has never had a firmware update. If you are experiencing issues with your device, please start a Care Ticket by clicking the Support link at the top of this page. We'll be glad to help!

Thanks!
      • September 29, 2020
  • New
    meterknob
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-19

Does the Duplicator feed Phantom Voltage to a Condenser Mic? Or does the Duplicator tolerate 48VDC ? Thanks

0 284
    • meterknob
      WilliamR Hello rosy, William from musictribe here. 24V Phantom Power
      Phantom power is always active on the Duplicator. This will power condenser
      microphones, but will not affect dynamic mics either.
      • May 19, 2021
  • New
    dragoneggsinabox
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-31

Ok so I got a Mic Mechanic 2. It had an awful, constant background noise, an electrical noise that continued even if I turned off the mic, it was constant, no matter if the effects were on or off - the only way to stop the noise was to either turn off the volume on the speakers (and therefore my microphone too), or to completely turn off the stomp box. Moreover, the correction sounded like a "chorus" effect, it didn't work as it was supposed to, it sounded like my voice was double.

I sent it back and got a new one. This new one has the same issues. (Yes, I opened a ticket for support and I'm waiting for their reply.)

Now... I really, really like the tone effect, the echo and the reverb. And I could even use the weird correction effect as a sort of chorus, but the background noise is so loud and noticeable that the other musicians I play with immediately asked me to unplug it and agreed that there's something wrong with it. (I tried the Mic Mechanic 1 and it's amazing, great effects, the correction effect works perfectly, no background noise whatsoever. I would love to get that version of the Mic Mechanic instead of the second one! But I can't find it anywhere.)

I would love to hear from the community... did I somehow get two out of two products that had these audio issues, while the rest of the products out there sound amazing? Do you like your Mic Mechanics? Which one do you own? Did you try both? Have you ever experienced any of these audio issues? Were you able to fix them? How's your experience with the product in general?

For the technicians... do you have any tips? Should I update the stomp box somehow? 

I now have the choice to send it back and get another one, or get a full refund, and then I guess choose a completely different product since the MM1 is unavailable. I'm still undecided and that is why I'm posting this, I'm hoping to get some feedback to help me with this decision. 

(for the record yes I tried multiple times, I checked the rest of the equipment, I tried with batteries / AC as the product requires, I got other musicians to check it and when I tried the MM1 I used the same set up I had used for the MM2.) 

read more...
    0 282
    • dragoneggsinabox
      NicJonesMT Hi Dragoneggsinabox.

Can you please let me know your case number and I can look into this for you?
      • October 31, 2021
      • Mic Mechanic 2 Audio Issues.
        dragoneggsinabox Thank you! CAS-498905-F8L7R5
        • October 31, 2021
      • Mic Mechanic 2 Audio Issues.
        dragoneggsinabox Hey Nic sorry to bother you! I'm thinking... would updating the firmware help with the loud noise? Maybe it's the auto-gain...? I still haven't tried, I'm waiting for technical support to suggest what to do about the noise (they did answer pretty fast about the pitch correction, but what really worries me is the noise.) I can provide a youtube video if it helps!
        • November 2, 2021
    • dragoneggsinabox
      zsteinbach Yes I'm currently dealing with the same issue with Mic Mechanic 2; in fact it's the sole reason I'm here. For being advertised as "studio-grade" and "low-noise preamp" I must say this doesn't come close. I'm currently looking for some realtime reverb for a livestream.
      • Mar 2
    • dragoneggsinabox
      JS0001 Hello, has there been any solution offered for this? I am experiencing the same issue straight out of the box, great effects but unusable with the background buzz
      • Mar 9
  • New
    sabretoothfly
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-02

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Harmony GXT and it seems that the FX and Harmony volumes are stuck on max, the knobs used to dial in each don't appear to have any effect. It also seems like the note I sing is taken out of the mix when the harmonies are activated, so you only hear the harmonies and not the original note, but this may be a cause of the harmonies being stuck at max volume drowning out the original. Its hard to tell when I'm singing the note I'm trying to hear! Is this a common problem with an easy fix or should I look to return the pedal? 

The pedal is secondhand but reportedly unused and looks to be in mint condition.

Thanks! 

read more...
    0 282
    • sabretoothfly
      Nigel67 Hi sabretoothfly. I would advise performing a factory reset on the unit and then upgrade it to the latest software version using Voicesupport. To restore the factory settings of the TC Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT, you must power on while simultaneously holding the MANUAL and VOICE 2 buttons. The Factory Reset procedure is then complete. Then download Voicesupport and upgrade the unit. If this doesn't work, then you may have to return the unit.
      • August 2, 2021
      • TC Helicon Voicelive Harmony G XT
        sabretoothfly Thanks Nigel, I tried the factory reset with no luck. I have just noticed that the CD that is meant to come with the unit (which I believe is used for downloading software updates, via voicesupport?) is missing. Is there a way of downloading without that CD do you know?
        • August 2, 2021
        kiskadar69 A firmware update is not the answer to your problem.
        To update the firmware, you need to download VoiceSupport 2:

https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Vocal/Apps/VOICESUPPORT-2/p/P0CMP

After a firmware update, it is always recommended to calibrate the Harmony-G XT potentiometers (as described).
        • August 2, 2021
    • sabretoothfly
      kiskadar69 Try recalibrating the Harmony-G XT knobs:
      1. Hold down Manual button and the right footswitch labeled "On" during power up. The FX button will be lit indicating the start of calibrating Guitar knob. Turn the Guitar knob all the way to its minimum position and press the FX button once. FX button should start to flash. Next, turn the Guitar knob all the way to its maximum position and press the FX button once. The FX button LED will now become solid indicating that Guitar knob has been calibrated correctly.
      2. The "Voice 1" button will be lit indicating the start of calibrating FX knob. Turn the FX knob all the way to its minimum position and press the "Voice 1" button once. "Voice 1" button should start to flash. Next, turn the FX knob all the way to its maximum position and press the "Voice 1" button once. The "Voice 1" button LED will now become solid indicating that FX knob has been calibrated correctly.
      3. The "Voice 2" button will be lit indicating the start of calibrating Harmony knob. Turn the Harmony knob all the way to its minimum position and press the "Voice 2" button once. "Voice 2" button should start to flash. Next, turn the Harmony knob all the way to its maximum position and press the "Voice 2" button once. The "Voice 2" button LED will now become solid indicating that Harmony knob has been calibrated correctly. The unit will now reboot into normal mode. Done.
      • August 2, 2021
        sabretoothfly Amazing, I'll give this a go with my fingers crossed. Thanks very much!
        • August 2, 2021
        sabretoothfly This solved the issue I was having. You're a star! Thanks again
        • August 2, 2021
        kiskadar69 I'm glad I could help.
        • August 2, 2021
  • New
    OldManZero
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

I recently came across a VoicePro rack unit and know that there was a 2.0 of the computer software (Vyzor) that was released for it in early 2009.  I can't seem to find a copy of it anywhere on the internet.  Additionally, there is zero mention of the VoicePro rack unit anywhere on TC-Helicon's site and no support documents are available.  

Is there a way to get a copy of that software?  I know there were issues with an outsourced company (Psicraft) but they are also out of business and have no website or active links that host the software.  

Any insight as to how this software may be acquired?  Thanks,

- Marc

read more...
    0 281
    • OldManZero
      PedroRodrigues Hi Marc, please follow the link below to access the Vyzor 2.0 for Mac and Win https://wsi.li/dl/Khpx6rhM44aQTmjcL/
      • December 3, 2020
      • Vyzor 2.0 Software for TC-Helicon VoicePro
        OldManZero Thank you, Pedro. However, this appears to be the TC Electronic G-System version of the software and not the TC-Helicon Voice System version which I need.
        • ·
        • December 3, 2020
        OldManZero
        • ·
        • December 3, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Marc, I'm sorry, but unfortunately the VoicePro is a legacy for some time unit so its no easy to search for any resources for this unit. I will try to source it on your database . Thank you
        • December 4, 2020
        OldManZero Did you have any luck finding this? Thanks.
        • December 22, 2020
    • OldManZero
      Erra I have Vyzor for Voice Pro, the problem is that it was free but you had to go to Psycraft website and register the product to get a password. Psycraft is offline and Wayback Machine doesn't allow to retrieve the password. So no password, and since it was free no cracks no passwords anywhere. Vyzor was a part of Midi Quest, which is still available to purchase, version 11 doesn't work with Voice Pro, up to date version 12 works but it is ridiculous expensive for what it does. So unless someone can manage a password for Vyzor which was free at the time, no editor is available, unless programming another software alternatives such as CTRLR
      • January 1, 2021
  • FIARSTIKX
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-06-22
    Just Purchased a Perform VE to add to my collection of Perform tools from TC Helicon. When i hook up my new Perform VE To my computer to update the software, voicesupport 2 shows that my Perform VG is inactive (which it should), and if I hit the scan button to find the new unit- it wont find my Perform VE so that I can update it. it says I have no TC Helicon devices hooked up to the Computer. If i wanted to update my Perform VG, I can hook up my perform VG and everything works fine, shows that i have the latest version etc etc...- yet with the Perform VE it wont even find the device... am i missing something or is the Perform VE Just defective ? or is the VoiceSupport 2 software defective? I don't have any other issues with the product, all the buttons and switches work fine- just wont find and update my product on the Voice Support 2 Software
    read more...
    0 269
    • FIARSTIKX
      AlexLane I would suggest putting in a support ticket for this as it could be a service case, use the Support button at the top of the page to submit. Thanks!
      • June 23, 2020
      • Brand new Perform VE updating issues
        FIARSTIKX I have never, ever, ever, ever had any support from TC Helicon, their support is the worst anywhere, i have all kinds of musical equipment- but the absolute worst help ive ever had came from TC Helicon and the Tribe. They make great products - but their support for those products absolutely sucks. Not going to waste my time with their support group- ill just send it back through Amazon and get one thats not defective.
        • June 23, 2020
        AlexLane I am very sorry you have had a bad experience with our support Robert, all I can suggest and hope is that you give us another chance to show you we can do better!
        • June 24, 2020
    • FIARSTIKX
      DannyG sounds like a defective VE. Im able to update my VK and VoiceTone CorrectXT from the same computer with the same data cable. I've had a couple of defective Helicon products, but if you get it returned during warranty they are good about replacing it promptly.
      • June 23, 2020
        FIARSTIKX Thanks, thats what ill do.
        • June 23, 2020
    • FIARSTIKX
      coolname123 I'm having the same problem, Did returning it for a new one fix your problem? or am I also doomed to have a perform VE that lacks any of that 2.0 firmware fun.
      • October 4, 2020
  • New
    AntoineHuynh
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-30

hi, 

I connected from the yamaha mg10xu fx send output to the input 1&2 of the fx2000 using the Y cable, the 2 output from fx2000 to the line in of the mg10xu. Everything seen to work fine. When I go to the setting of the fx2000 and set it to stereo, but I only see the left side of meter level led. I'm just setting up for home karaoke.  what did I do wrong? I also attached pic. thanks 

read more...
    0 267
    • AntoineHuynh
      Paul_Vannatto The Y cable is either not working or configured incorrectly.
      • November 30, 2020
    • AntoineHuynh
      AntoineHuynh These are the two cables I used. Same issue. Cables work fine I tested them. What do you Y cables recommend? Thanks
      • November 30, 2020
    • AntoineHuynh
      AntoineHuynh I meant which Y cable do you recommend
      • November 30, 2020
      • behringer fx2000
        Paul_Vannatto Those are not Y cables. They are called insert cables. For them to be Y cables (with signal going to both XLR or mono 1/4"), the stereo plug needs to be mono. Insert cables separates the tip of the stereo 1/4" signal to one of the XLR or mono 1/4" plugs and the ring (next band of the stereo plug) to the other plug.
        • November 30, 2020
      • behringer fx2000
        Paul_Vannatto I just checked the FX2000 manual and you can change the input mode (page 17) to mono. If you do that, simply use a mono 1/4" to mono 1/4" and plug it into input 1 of the FX2000.
        • November 30, 2020
    • AntoineHuynh
      miket1964 i have the console QX2442 when connected via usb to my p/c how can i listento music from headphones?
      • December 4, 2020
      • behringer fx2000
        Paul_Vannatto Your question has nothing to do with our discussion here. Please delete your post and start a new discussion to ask you question.
        • December 4, 2020
    • AntoineHuynh
      ValdenorOliveira hello gentlemen, I have a Behringer xr16 mixer, it broke and I need 5 smd regulator transistors 2354 sot 23, I can't find it in any store, please help, my zap is +5519998316310
      • February 12, 2021
  • onehand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-24

My PlayAcoustic unit came on with a blue screen only when powered up last night at the gig.

What is the solution for reloading the firmware into it?  I found a video on the SweetWater website,

however when I clicked on the link for the firmware/build version it wasn't there.  Maybe there is 

a solution that I am not aware of.  I DID get the unit into 'all lights blinking' Boot Mode.  That's as

far as I could get.    I'm stuck at that.

Thanks

read more...
    0 260
    • onehand
      PedroRodrigues Hi Ron, please submit an assistance request by following the link below so we can assist you with more tools. Thank you https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • October 26, 2020
    • onehand
      thisisjust9

hi onehand, you can try this steps: Perform a factory reset to your unit followed by a firmware update over USB with the Voice Support 2 software, please follow the link below to gain access to VoiceSupport: https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Vocal/Apps/VOICESUPPORT-2/p/P0CMP/Downloads#googtrans(en|en) 

To perform a Factory Reset please follow the guidance below: -When powering up the unit, press and hold the two “arrow” buttons next to the Control Knob. -Any changes you have made to presets will be erased!

-Back up your custom presets via VoiceSupport. -If that doesn’t solve the issue, try these steps for the Play Acoustic Blue Screen Recovery Windows users go to MIDIOX.com and download MIDI-OX. http://www.midiox.com/ Mac users go to Snoize.com to download Sysex Librarian. https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ To install the app, open you Downloads folder, double click the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Download the firmware file PlayAcoustic 1.5.00 BUILD74 MIDIOX.syx and the recovery file. https://wsi.li/dl/q2XofQQkBjZqHcPz9/ 

• October 6, 2021
  • New
    RonnyD
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

I can't seem to find any vendors with TC Helicon Voice Live Touch 2 vocal processors in stock in the United States. I ordered two of them from separate websites a couple months ago. They are backordered and vendors keep moving date further ahead as to when their supplier might have available. Many other TC Helicon items are unavailable as well. Amazon shows considerably more expensive units from shippers in Japan but I'd rather not pay the higher price, they may take months to ship, and they may very well be backordered also. Used ones are going for exhorbitant prices on Ebay as it looks like owners are taking advantage of the shortage. Any word on when TC helicon might have the Touch 2 available for vendors would be appreciated. Anyone with knowledge of a vendor with new units on hand would be miraculous

read more...
    0 255
    • RonnyD
      Dale_M Hi Ronny, the presales team do not use community so it may be quicker to go to the support tab and select presales and ask the above question so that they can get back and advise you. I hope this helps.
      • April 12, 2021
  • New
    dochereford
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

I want to stick this on a pedal board.  The AC adapter states that its 12v and .5 amps.  (500 ma).

That a lot of amps.  if thats what is "required",  Those power supplies get real expensive for that kind of 12v output.

What is the requirement for this device?  Can I get away with 300ma?  I tried 100ma but it didn't work.

read more...
    0 252
    • dochereford
      PedroRodrigues Hi dochereford please be aware that the PSU specification that you must use is 12 VDC 300 mA, tip negative.
      • January 25, 2021
    • dochereford
      HaloRecordings I use the original Harmony G. I use old wall warts from other devises. I just made sure it's 12v DC with 300 mA and the tip is negative. Works fine.
      • January 28, 2021
    • dochereford
      HaloRecordings I also built a battery pack to use with the Harmony G. So when I'm using my JBL EON One Compact PA (battery powered) I can use my Harmony G also. No need for a power outlet. All battery. I can play for several hours. So you may consider building your on battery pack. I have a box of rechargeable batteries so all I had to buy was the batter holder (holds 10 AA batteries) that cost less than $5 on Amazon.
      • January 28, 2021
Go to page