Statistics

305,244 members
189,518 posts
  • New
    brynnerhead1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-22

First glitch with my unit as I went to import 2 new backtracks and the top portion of the screen displayed half of the IMPORTING BACKTRACKS message while the rest of the screen was still displaying the backtrack listing menu. I waited to see if it would clear and start importing but no. I then powered down and restarted and tried again but got the same thing. Lastly I thought maybe I exceeded the track limit and deleted some extras that were old and unused, tried again and got the same thing. Anyone else experience this? any suggested fixes. In researching the only suggestion I found for freezes was a factory reset. Is this my only option,and if I do that can I reload my saved presets from voicesupport 2? Finally, could this be firmware? The last time I connected my unit 2 days ago I got no message stating update was required. Does an update message pop up automatically once my unit is recognized? I realize that's kind of three seperate questions so hopefully this message makes sense. I just want to know why my LED screen is displaying weird when attempting to load backtracks and why the backtracks are not loading. Thanks everyone.

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    helenane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-20

Hello and many thanks,

Thanks to you, I managed to update and integrate my new TC Helicon Voicelive 3 with Logic. 

But I'm still experiencing a lot of latency, while using my Voicelive 3 in (input) USB stereo mode and (output) USB output stereo. 

Do you know if this latency can be reduced? Can I try to make another parameter adjustment in Voicelive 3, or in my DAW?

Or should I use also, besides the USB audio cable, an XLR connection between Voicelive 3 and my audio interface? (Although I understood that UBS audio is the best connection to a DAW.)

Thanks. 

read more...
    0 5
    • helenane
      PedroRodrigues Hi helenane, thank you for your post, please make sure that the sample rate on your DAW matches the sample rate on the VOICELIVE 3, 16 bit / 48 kHz.
      When it comes specifically to latency you will need to have in to consideration if you are using a Mac or a Windows computer because on Windows computer you will have the drivers transporting the audio from the sound card to the CPU of the computer and them from the CPU of the computer to the sound card again and from there to the speakers.
      In a case of a Mac is different because Mac uses core audio device.

You also need to consider when addressing latency, the following:

The computer CPU speed.
      Audio interface quality.
      The type of connection. USB/FIREWIRE.
      The compatibility driver/operating system/ DAW.
      The amount of buffering selected on the DAW, measured in samples.

Increasing the buffering size gives the computer more type to respond to the audio, per example when you are using plug ins like the ones that you have stated, this is very important but also slows the response of the all system.

All these points can be addressed to decrease latency issues, but this scenario will also create less stability for your system.

Latency can be proportional to:

The number of audio channels used

Number of Plugins used
      Sample Rate
      Bit Depth
      Amount of Memory
      Processing Power

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • Sep 20
  • New
    garubi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-20
    A few days ago I started using a Voicelive Play and so far I like its effects and overall usability.
    Anyway I'm missing some sort of parametric EQ or low cut filter...
    In fact I'm using the Voicelive not for my voice but to apply effects to an accordion and would like to "cut" the low end up to 200Hz to filter out the keys' "thumb".
    Previously I used and old Digitech WX400 and it has a 3 band parametric EQ very basic but it did the job.
    Now I can't find anything similar in the Play... I'm looking in the wrong place?
    Thank you
    read more...
    0 5
    • garubi
      PedroRodrigues Hi garubi, thank you for your post, please ponder the only tool that offers EQ, Compression and Gate on the Voicelive Play is the Tone Style. That applies varying amounts of Adaptive EQ, Compression and Gate.

There are 9 styles to choose from:

1. OFF – No Tone Style is applied.
      2. NORMAL – Some “bottom”, “mid” and “air” EQ , light compression and minor gating (when
      the input level gets low enough, the input is muted) is applied to the signal.
      3. LESS BRIGHT – Similar to Normal, but with less emphasis on high frequency EQ.
      4. NORM+WARMTH – Similar to Normal, with a small “mid bump” to add some warmth to the
      voice.
      5. MORE COMP – Utilizes the Normal EQ and Gating settings, but with more aggressive compression settings. This is a good setting to try if you have a large dynamic range when singing
      and want to keep your levels under control.
      6. NORM NO GATE – Removes the Gate function from the normal setting. This means that even
      at very low input levels, the mic is still active or “hot”.
      7. LESS BRIGHT NG – The same as Less Bright, but with the Gate function removed.
      8. WARMTH NG – The same as NORM+WARMTH, but with the Gate function removed.
      9. MORE COMP NG – The same as MORE COMP, but with the Gate function removed

For more information on this unit, please follow the link below:

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEH

Thank you
      • Sep 20
    • garubi
      garubi

Hi Pedro, thank you for your help. I'll try that settings, thank you. As a suggestion (or feature request) I think that even a fixed "low cut" setting, on/off could be useful in many cases, for example to cut out the noises when the singer handles the mic etc...

• Sep 21
  • New
    orpheus70
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-21

Ayuda por favor!!!como conectar a ordenador!!!He probado con 2 ordenadores diferentes.......nada.....todo igual

read more...
    1 5
  • New
    rad1026
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-29

I looked long and hard and finally came up with a reasonably priced. used Play Acoustic from Sweden, through Reverb.  The unit is in excellent condition but the power supply is the two prong European plug.  I thought it would have adapters for US but it was not included.  I could go find a 12V 400ma power supply but would rather have what is recommeneded for the Acoustic.  I have looked everywhere for one.  Anyone have any ideas on where I could either find a complete unit or the US Adapter for this one?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 5
    • rad1026
      rad1026 Also, I bought a Powerplug 12 but it is 1000ma. I thought the US Adapter on the PowerPlug 12 would work on my 12B unit, but the 12 is smaller and won't interchange. Would the 1000ma supply work? Does the Play Acoustic just pull the amount of amps it needs, or would the 1000ma blow something up?
      • Aug 29
    • rad1026
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi rad1026, the Powerplug 12 is the recommend replacement power supply for all Voicelive/Play series models, Play Acoustic included. Even though the amperage of the Powerplug 12 is 1000mA the Play Acoustic will only draw what is required.
      • Aug 29
  • New
    toddolivas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-29

"Mono Porta" preset on VoiceWorks

I love this preset on Voiceworks called "Mono Porta". It's #86 in my preset list -- it allows wonderful vibrato & MIDI control over the autotune. Anyway, I just bought another VoiceWorks unit because my main one might be on its last legs. But the new unit (a used one, of course) has an older firmware than mine.

1. How can I update the firmware of the Voiceworks?
    2. Or is there a newer TC Helicon product that get me close to that "Mono Porta" preset?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

read more...
    0 5
    • toddolivas
      NicJonesMT Hi Todd.
      Can you please click Support at the top of the page and we can then advise you further on this. We may need to raise this with the dev team to see if the firmware and preset are archived.
      • Mar 31
  • New
    Osotwa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-25

Hello there. I recently purchased TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch 2(VLT2) and I need to start using it in my studio to create harmonies based on the chords of my songs. I've tried to connect VLT2 directly to my PC through the USB cable but unfortunately my VLT2 is not detected in my favorite DAW(Studio One 5). So my workaround is to route the VLT2 main outs to my audio interface(Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen) and then connect my audio interface main outs to the VLT2 Aux Input. Now my question is: Can the VLT2 Aux input be overloaded if I connect the said audio Interface's main outputs(TRS Outputs) to the VLT2 Aux input? 

read more...
    0 5
    • Osotwa
      PedroRodrigues Hi Osotwa, thank you for your post, please ponder TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch 2 does not allow multitracking via USB so you would to have to configure a STEREO IN and STEREO OUT to allow a DAW configuration. Please consider that regarding the VOICELIVE TOUCH 2 outputs, the XLR Output marked in blue will produce a mono signal.
      The 1/4” TRS Outputs marked in red are the main outputs, they can be configured for Mono, Dual Mono or Stereo output in the Setup menu.
      When you set the Output parameter to Stereo, the left and right audio channels are output to the left and right ¼” TRS jacks when connected to a stereo monitor or PA system.
      The XLR jack will output the left side audio only.
      Mono setting (default) The factory setting is that the left TRS output and the XLR output contain the summed mono mix including effects.
      The right TRS jack outputs your dry voice with Tone applied to the mic input signal but no effects. Sending both a mono mix of the effects and the dry signal to a mixing desk is useful when a live sound engineer wants to control the balance of wet/dry mix at the mix position.
      In this case, set the Lead Mute parameter to On.
      Dual Mono Setting When you set the Output parameter to Dual Mono, the left TRS output and the XLR jacks output the effected vocal, and the effected guitar signal is output from the right TRS jack.
      In this configuration, a sound engineer can control the level balance between the mono wet vocal, such as vocal with harmonies and effects and the mono wet guitar signal.
      • Sep 26
  • New
    ice99blue
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-14

I bought a TC-Helecon Play Acoustic  and can not even get a clue on how to register it  HELP

michael

0 5
    • ice99blue
      NicJonesMT Hi Ice99Blue
      Please click support at the top of the page. You should see a Product Registration option towards the bottom of the page. Fill in all of the fields and your product should now be registered.
      If you're having any issues either let me know, or submit a technical support ticket.
      • Jun 15
  • New
    Osotwa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-27

The VoiceLive Touch 2 manual says that Naturalplay is the easiest method of producing musically correct harmony, eg when you’re singing to music coming from an MP3 player connected to the Aux input. Now instead of using an MP3 Player, can I sing to MIDI music coming directly from my computer(DAW) connected to the VoiceLive Touch 2 Aux Input? By the way, I cannot sing while playing a guitar or MIDI keyboard live.
    I am pondering to make this connection because my VoiceLive Touch 2 is not detected in my DAW(Studio One 5) when I connect it through a USB cable. Therefore, in detail, I would like to make the said connection as follows: VoiceLive Touch 2 XLR output cable will be connected to my computer audio interface(Focusrite 2i2) Line in. I will then connect the Line Out cables(Y Splitter) from my Audio Interface to the Aux Input jack of my VoiceLive Touch 2. With this connection, I will be singing(through the VoiceLive Touch 2) to the MIDI music coming from my DAW Chord Track and at the same time record the mono output (with musically correct harmony and effects) to the DAW. I read somewhere that the Aux Input can be overloaded if the input level is high. Taking into consideration that my Audio Interface Maximum Line Output Level is +15.5 dBu and the VoiceLive Aux Input level is only +2dBu will my suggested connection work out without causing any harm to my VoiceLive Touch 2? Thanking you in advance for your support.

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    Kill9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-25

I have a tc helicon duplicator pedal and I put fresh batteries in it. After 2 songs the green batt light turns red and I have no sound. Tried a new set of fresh batts and same thing. Tried plugging it in with a 9v 500ma plug and get no power. So I currently have a colorful paper weight. Got a gig Saturday. Any help is greatly appreciated 

read more...
    0 4
    • Kill9
      PedroRodrigues Hi Kill9, thank you for your post, first please confirm that you are power your pedal via a POSITIVE CENTER NEGATIVE PSU that supplies 9 V / 670 mA. Please confirm that when powering this pedal via PSU you have removed the 4 x AA batteries. When it comes to Microphones, please ponder that you can use dynamic and condenser microphones, and Phantom power is always active on the Duplicator and will not affect dynamic mics. The output on this pedal must be connected to a mixing desk and not directly to a PA.
      For last I would suggest updating your pedal, for that please download VOICESUPPORT 2 by following the link below.
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      I hope this helps
      Thank you
      • Oct 26
Go to page