Statistics

305,214 members
189,487 posts
  • New
    cre5cendo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

When plugging in my headphones to my GO XLR Mini, i hear a constant static/buzzing noise coming through. I know it's not my headphones because they work just fine with other devices. It's not my microphone because I can still hear it even when I unplug the mic. I've tried moving it's position, moving the other electronics away from it, but nothing is working. I've also tried plugging the device into different USB ports on my computer. The static/buzzing seems to go away whenever I put my hands on the microphone or the GO XLR Mini itself for some reason. Please get back to me when you can.

read more...
    1 3,186
    • cre5cendo
      Mazards Sounds like you might need a Ground Loop Isolater. They are like $12 on amazon and you should plug that in either the headset or microphone line in/out to cancel it out. If I am thinking of what you are talking about.
      • December 29, 2020
    • cre5cendo
      AndreasPeters I have the same issue but not constant. It is some sort of buzzing zirping ( Brzzzt -- tdt tdt tdt) which seems to occur in some irregular periodic time. It is even heard when the mic is unplugged. Any ideas?
      • March 6, 2021
  • New
    tdarcy1124
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-27

I have a GoXLR. It resets every time I reboot my computer and doesn't recognize the saved profiles even exist (it's blank in the app when I search for them, but there when I check in normal Windows explorer). 

0 2,951
    • tdarcy1124
      NicJonesMT Hi Tdarcy.
      Sorry to hear about this.
      Have you checked the location where the profiles are stored?
      In the app if you go to SYSTEM > GLOBAL SETTINGS you will be able to see the location.
      Please check that the profiles are located in here.

Alternatively you could try moving them to a new location and changing the location in the Global settings menu. Could you please try this and confirm if you have the same issue?
      • October 27, 2021
  • AidanBell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-23

Does anyone know where I can find the driver/app for the GOXLR MINI? I've just bought one, the instruictions say to download the software from TC Helicon, but it's not there! I've tried the GO XLR software but that doesn't work with the MINI. Any thoughts, anyone, please? Thanks.

read more...
    0 2,946
    • AidanBell
      KenMitchell

Hi Aidan ( @AidanBell ), 

Welcome to the community (and the mess of Music Tribe's website).  I'd recommend opening a support ticket here: https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en)

You should get an automated email reply once you open the ticket. It will say they will get in contact with you within one business day but be patient.  It has been taking more like a week (or more) lately. 

If you don't get the auto-reply, check your spam/junk mail folder. 

@TCH-Spencer may also be able to help. 

Ken

• November 23, 2019
    • AidanBell
      AidanBell

Many thanks Ken. In fact I've just a few minutes ago found it, so all is well. Cheers.

• November 23, 2019
    • AidanBell
      KenMitchell

Hi Aidan, 

Can you post a link? I still don't see it on product download page. 

Thanks,

Ken

• November 23, 2019
    • AidanBell
      TCH-Spencer

For anyone else who might receive a GoXLR Mini earlier than we expected, you can find firmware on our Discord here, in the "goxlr-mini-releases" channel.  Cheers!

• November 26, 2019
  • CKa
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-15

In the advert for the "TC-Helicon Go Guitar" it says "with the creative suite of TC Helicon mobile apps"  but this suite to be used with this device is nohwere to be found?

SO What apps does the "Go Guitar" work with ?

Als it say it can connect to PC, but how, which adapter, what driver, what program, is nohwere specified..

DId i get cheated when i bought this "TC-Helicon Go Guitar: device then? up to now it seems totally unusable...

read more...
    0 2,097
    • CKa
      TCH-Rob

Hi @CKa,

We are currently working on expanding the TC Helicon suite of apps but right now only the "Go Record" app is available.  This app is primarily focused on vocals but also works with Guitar.

The companion app for GO GUITAR and GO GUITAR PRO will be a powerful guitar amp-modelling and effects app which we're very excited about; it's still in beta, but should be ready soon! Your Go Guitar will also work with 3rd party audio recording apps.
      • July 16, 2019
    • CKa
      CKa

Ok, thank you, i will have to be patient then i guess.

The text on your website : 

" TC Helicon has you covered with an extensive array of mobile applications designed specifically for your GO GUITAR device, including effects, processing and much more – plus they are all free to download from your app store!" 

Together with the "QUickstart"  Youtube presentation by Elli at : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxbBNZI51Do

sold me the device, but this now feels a bit misleading for somreason, sorry to have to say so...

But we will see if any of this  "extensive arry of mobile applications" will become available at any time soon, hopefully it will. 

• July 16, 2019
    • CKa
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @CKa,
      Sorry to hear you're feeling mislead about getting Go Guitar...

Firstly, you asked about using Go Guitar with a PC.  There's an article in our Knowledge Base here that outlines the details, hopefully that gets you going.

As for mobile apps, Guitar Rack does indeed work with Go Guitar with the caveat it can't unlock all the elements, which you've already found.  You still get some things to play with though, here's what Guitar Rack offers without being unlocked (taken from this page):

• 4 pedals:  Over Drive, Super Chorus, Small Phaser, Analog Tremolo

• 1 amp head:  Super Clean

• 1 speaker cab:  FBlues 1x12 Combo

• 3 microphones:  Flat, Dynamic S57, Condenser kh40

• 4 rack effects:  Super Chorus, Analog Delay, Analog Tremolo, Small Phaser

• Chromatic monophonic tuner (polyphonic tuner must be unlocked)

• All other features - including metronome, backing track import, recording, MIDI learn, and more

If that's not enough for you, there are lots of other guitar amp sim apps out there.  There are even a bunch of free ones - here are some free guitar amp sim apps I've used (on Android) and can recommend:  ToneBridge, BandLab, and Deplike to name a few.

• November 28, 2019
    • CKa
      CKa

Firstly, you asked about using Go Guitar with a PC.  There's an article in our Knowledge Base here that outlines the details, hopefully that gets you going.

-- Nope, this link leeds to an empty page ... 

As for mobile apps, Guitar Rack does indeed work with Go Guitar with the caveat it can't unlock all the elements, which you've already found.  You still get some things to play with though, here's what Guitar Rack offers without being unlocked (taken from this page):

-- Nope, this link leeds to an empty page also ...

Your product page at URL :

https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Mobile/Interfaces/GO-GUITAR/p/P0DP5#googtrans(en|en) 

Still claims :

"Want to add some effects to your guitar or record the riffs you’ve been working on? GO GUITAR integrates seamlessly with the creative suite of TC Helicon mobile apps. When it comes to sparking your creativity, TC Helicon has you covered with an extensive array of mobile applications designed specifically for your GO GUITAR device, including effects, processing and much more – plus they are all free to download from your app store! And if that's not enough"

So i am wondering where this suite of specially designed app's are to be found, because it just is not there as far as i can tell...

So i cn say in honesty : it is still misleading for anyone interested in thi TC-Helicon product

• December 25, 2019
    • CKa
      TCHelicon-Tad

Our apologies. The link was working last month when it was posted. I think our web development team has moved the article to a new location. I will work on getting a new link for you. 

• January 14, 2020
  • New
    Bradautry
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-14

This is not a new request or suggestion.  I've read comments in YouTube videos from months/years ago, but I couldn't easily find a topic here to chime in on, so here I am starting one.

I'd love to see Mic settings have their own profiles.  It's not just about separate/unique microphones; for me, it's not at all about that.  I only make use of one mic.  But...

My wife uses my PC, her eq and compression settings are vastly different than mine.

My daughter uses my PC for virtual guitar lessons.  Obviously, playing guitar is a completely different use case than spoken word.  

It's a hassle - not an insignificant one - to change pretty much every mic setting each time someone different will be using the GoXLR.

Is there a technical constraint that makes it not possible to save different mic setting profiles?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 1,659
    • Bradautry
      PedroRodrigues Hi Bradautry thank you for your comment please consider that I will forward your request to our Dev. Team but it may be also beneficial to check the TC HELICON GAMING DISCORD CHANNEL where we have a fair amount of discussions on this unit, we present solutions and also features new request and news. Thank you
      • June 16, 2021
  • New
    uru
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-19

I have a set of Samson C02 condenser microphones. When I plug one of them into my GoXLR Mini I get this noise.

I only get it when 48V is on(Condenser duh.) The sound in the file shows itself with 48V on and gain turned up pretty far in the software(60+ dBish.) I get it with both microphones in the set.

I get it when the GoXLR mini is plugged in the back of my PC, when it's plugged into the front pannel, when it's connected through a powered USB hub and even when it's connected to my wife's laptop. So I'm starting to think it's not my PC.

I do not get it if I plug in a dynamic microphone, even if I switch on 48V for no reason. 

I do not get it when I connect a dynamic microphone via a Cloudlifter, despite this device requiring 48V to add the extra gain.

I do not get this sound with the same microphones but another audio interface that is also bus powered(Roland Quad Capture)

Eternally greatful for any input anyone may have. At first I thought it was some sort of grounding issue with USB in my computer, but when the issue also cropped up testing with the wife's laptop my suspicions went elsewhere. Unfortunately these two Samson mics are the only condenser mics in the house right now. I tested with two different dynamic mics.

read more...
    0 1,496
    • uru
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Have you tried a different USB cable yet?
      • April 19, 2021
    • uru
      uru Yes. Two different cables, both of them with ferrite chokes on the type B end
      • April 19, 2021
    • uru
      WilliamR

Could you click on the support link above and create a tech support ticket so we can help you further? This may be a hardware issue that needs to be serviced.

• April 19, 2021
    • uru
      uru

Thanks I'll do that

• April 20, 2021
  • Noamschroeff
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-24

Does the goxlr mini has a inbuilt amp and dac? I read on twitter that the non mini goxlr has an inbuilt amp that goes up to 150 ohm is that the same case for the goxlr mini? and is the dac inside of the goxlr mini (if it has one) enough to drive my Sennheiser HD 660 S?

read more...
    0 1,165
  • New
    itzmildttv
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-19

Just started having this issue today with my GoXLR Mixer. After not using it for a few days, I booted up my PC and got everything set up, I noticed a hissing static sound coming from the GoXLR when my headphones were plugged inot the proper port. I unplugged anything that could be causing interference with the Mixer, but the hissing was still there. After trying everything imaginable to try and fix this issue, the GoXLR suddenly would not turn on. I believe the issue was the power supply plug as i tried plugging the XLR into multiple wall outlets and nothing would make it turn back on. Is there anyway that this GoXLR would be able to be replaced and if so, how would I go about doing that

read more...
    0 1,161
    • itzmildttv
      WilliamR Hello, William from Musictribe here. Please click the support link at the top of this page and create a tech support ticket and someone can help you with this ASAP.
      • February 19, 2021
  • New
    AirPlush
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-29

Product: GoXLR
    App/Firmware/Dice version info: App:1.3.3.130 Firmaware:1.3.29.81 Dice:1.2.15.77
    Summary of Issue: I am using shure sm7b and seems like i am getting a lot of background noise when i speak into my microphone
    How long have you had this issue: about a month or so
    Steps you have taken to fix your issue: messed around in goxlr setting for the mic, messed with windows setting swapping things around, can't remember everything i've tried. moved the goxlr around. changed power plugs where it was plugged in at. swapped usb plugs. i've unplugged everything besides headphones, usb and power to eliminate as much interference as possible.
    Full explanation of your issue: just irritating background static noise. My room is pretty quiet i've turn off everything, AC included and turned my fans down low and it's just constantly picking up this weird weird static type background noise whenever i speak. so gate isn't helpful. seems to be about the same volume as my voice.
    How many PC's are in your setup: 2 pc, but problem persists even on single
    What Microphone are you using? sm7b Are you using a cloudlifter/dm1? i've tried with and without the cloud lifter, using phantom power with the cloud lifter as needed
    What types of headphones are you using: wireless but has a 3.5mm razer blackshark v2
    What motherboard are you using: dark hero x570

read more...
    0 1,157
    • AirPlush
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi AirPlush, I can see you have opened a technical support ticket for this issue also. I have added these details to your ticket and a response will be sent shortly from the ticket. Please keep an eye on your spam/junk folder as occasionally we have noticed our replies route to these locations.
      • August 29, 2021
  • New
    jschenell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-30

Hi!

Is there a way for me to change the bitrate from 48000 down to 44100 for my GoXLRMini ? If I open the GoXLRapplication this setting is greyed and not editable. I will using the mixer to stream audio and I hoped to get a chain with my stuff using the same bitrate all the way. 
    I am not sure here but a friend told me using 44100 would be the best (because we are broadcasting to the server using that bitrate:)

Cant understand how to Edit this. Any suggestions are appreciated.

read more...
    0 1,013
    • jschenell
      PedroRodrigues Hi jschenell, thank you for your post, regarding your question, please consider that is not possible to change the Sample Rate on the GOXLR or GOXLR MINI as both units have a fixed Sample Rate @48Khz. Thank you
      • Feb 2
Go to page