Statistics

254,235 members
131,900 posts
  • redmotion
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    I'd like to buy some Headphones for mixing and headphones I've been looking at seem to vary from 50-250 ohms. I have a UMC404HD but the manual doesn't state what ohms/impedance it can supply with and without the power supply. Can someone confirm if I can get proper performance from a 250 ohm impedance headphones from the 404HD with it plugged into the mains? Thanks.
    read more...
    0 2,142
    • redmotion
      RexBeckett The UMC404HD headphone output has a relatively low maximum voltage (+3dBu). The output impedance is 20 Ohms. The most suitable headphones would have an impedance of 20-60 Ohms and a sensitivity of at least 98dB (reference 1mW).
      • July 19, 2020
    • redmotion
      ThomasAlexander You could also use a headphone amp. Behringer has some that are both good and affordable. Although, some of Behringer's products are now more difficult to find in this covid world.
      • July 28, 2020
  • PhilHarman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    USB 3.0 can deliver up to 900mA, and USB 3.1 up to 3A at 5V. Does the Behringer UMC404HD require an external PSU? How much current does it need via USB? Are there any limitations when using USB power only (e.g. number of mics with +48v)?
    1 1,821
    • PhilHarman
      RexBeckett The UMC404HD supply current is right on the limit of some USB 2.0 ports. It may work without the external supply but, if you are using phantom power, you could get drop-outs or noise. I run mine from a USB 3.1 port but, because it is using USB 2.0 compatability, the power is still limited to 500mA. I do sometines use it without the external supply but my PC has flagged over-current warnings when first connected.
      • June 23, 2020
      • Does the Behringer UMC404HD need external power?
        PhilHarman Interesting. Thanks, that's very helpful. It's a shame the Behringer docs are so vague. But good to get some clarity here.
        • June 24, 2020
  • GAudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    Does anyone know how/where to get hold of older drivers for the UMC404HD audio interface? On the product page, only the latest driver is available, and I am specifically looking for driver v. 3.29, such that I can use it for 4-channel recording with Audacity. Thank you.
    read more...
    1 1,129
    • GAudio
      PedroRodrigues Hi GAudio its a pleasure to be able to help
      • June 23, 2020
    • GAudio
      PedroRodrigues Please follow the link to access the drivers version 3.29
      https://we.tl/t-gR9VyM6JGe
      • June 23, 2020
      • Older drivers for Behringer UMC404HD
        adrian142 I would be in need of those drivers too, but the link is no longer valid. Could You please repost? Thx!
        • July 6, 2020
    • GAudio
      PedroRodrigues Please contact me if you require any other assistance. Thank you
      • June 23, 2020
      • Older drivers for Behringer UMC404HD
        GAudio Thank you, Pedro, this is much appreciated!
        • June 23, 2020
    • GAudio
      pooffice Hello, I bought UMC404HD and can't record more than 2 channels under Windows 10 at the same time. Please send me old driver that support 4 channels.
      • August 31, 2020
    • GAudio
      PedroRodrigues Hi pooffice Please be aware that Windows 10 does not allow multi tracking recording by itself if you wish to record more than two tracks you must use a DAW as a recording software by configuring your UMC404HD as a audio device.
      • August 31, 2020
  • New
    SilviaB
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-06

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if the audio-interface Berhinger U-PHORIA UMC204HD works with the new MacBook Air M1?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Silvia

0 1,074
    • SilviaB
      Nigel67 Our devices are class compliant and do not need drivers under Mac OS. Updating to MacOS11 / BS could lead to audio glitches with specific applications. However, USB audio/MIDI function of our products is fully UAC2.0 compliant and should keep working under CoreAudio as before.  Any issues so far appear to be DAW related which need upgrading.
      • Feb 7
  • sloanre
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-07

Need help getting sound from my Behringer ADA8200

My UMC1820 works fine on Mac OSX, was pretty much plug and play right out of the box. I have connected my ADA8200 to the UMC1820 - I have a TOSlink cable going from 8200 OUT to the 1820 IN as described in the manual.  I currently have it set the 8200 as master, 44.1.  The Master and Sync lock are on.

I am sending signal from my mixer to the 8200 and getting a blinking signal light, but no sound from that channel or any other channel on the 8200. I have tried different configurations including flicking the switches in the back. Still no sound.

I just ordered another TOSlink cable from Amazon to see if having another one going the opposite way as well will fix things, even though the manual indicates I shouldm only need one. I'm new to using ADAT so at this point I'm just trying different configurations.

I notice some people with windows having to change driver settings to set the 1820 as the master, but I don't have that option with Mac as far as I know.

Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 1,009
    • sloanre
      PedroRodrigues Hi Richard Sloan please confirm that on the ADA8200 you have selected on the back how you wish to use the ADAT connections input or output and select if the unit will be master or salve and what sample rate you wish to use
      This sends 8 channels of digital audio output from the analogue inputs to an ADAT device. This output connects to other ADAT devices via TOSLINK cable.
      In the case of the UMC 1820 the ADAT or S/PDIF Optical I/O ports support S/PDIF, ADAT, S/MUX. Input channels are 11 to 18,outputs are 13 to 20, you can select it on the front panel OPT I/O-switch to select the operation of these ports.
      • October 7, 2020
      • No sound from ADA8200 connected via ADAT to UMC1820.
        PedroRodrigues Hi Richard, no it means that if you to use the ADA8200 like you described you cant do it with the UMC 1820 but you can with the FCA 1616. If you wish to keep using the UMC1820 and the ADA8200 you will have to implemented as I suggested above and you have tested and pointed out that works but with less amount of channels available.
        • October 8, 2020
  • CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-27

Hi,

I have been looking for an option to use my UMC204HD or UMC1820 in Windows 10 to have a better sound in web sessions on Zoom  or other meeting sofware.
    Using a mic for my voice AND mixing the sound from Windows just as you can do with Steinberg or Focusrite interfaces.
    And this without playing with a 3rd party software and a kind of hardware trick where we inject the windows output in the Aux board input using a physical cable :(
    The point seems to be that the windows driver does not bring to Windows starndards sound Input and Output a Loopback option.
    Could Behringer implement this in a futur version and the world of covid-19 would be easier to live ;)

read more...
    1 970
    • CSurieux
      PedroRodrigues Hi Christian, Thank you for your contact, please be aware that the unit works with ASIO drivers base developed by a third part company, never the less on our end on the development I will forward your suggestion to our R&D Team.
      • October 28, 2020
      • Missing loopback feature in the U-PHORIA audio interfaces under W10
        PedroRodrigues Hi TormyVanCool as I'm sure you are aware we do not provide any information regarding any process that is related to our R&D Team. Thank you
        • Jan 20
    • CSurieux
      djskope Hi! Please can I also +1 this. Would be great if this feature could be implemented.
      • Sep 18
    • CSurieux
      djskope It would really help with multisampling and also streaming with OBS etc. if Loopback was enabled. As I workaround I used vooicemeter 3rd party software solution but an official implementation would be much better pretty please xx
      • Sep 18
  • SteveECrane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-29

Does the Behringer UMC1820 employ a dedicated, purpose-written ASIO driver ... or does it rely on some generic third-party driver such as those by ASIO4All or Ploytec?

0 688
  • New
    SantiagoParra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-22

Is it possible to use my UMC202HD on Mac OS 11 Big Sur?
    I cannot find any official statement from Behringer to confirm this.
    I am afraid to update Mac and my UMC202HD is not supported.
    Has anyone already used the UMC202HD in Big Sur?
    Does anyone have the latest news on this topic?

read more...
    0 681
    • SantiagoParra
      DavidKnighton Hello Santiago,
      I believe we have tested this, but as with any Mac OS update, you might run into some snags along the way. Sweetwater has a very good guide on Mac OS updates. You should check out the link below. If you have any doubts, don't update.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-11-big-sur-compatibility-guide/#b
      • December 23, 2020
    • SantiagoParra
      shajivalavil how can use main out put in this device ?
      • December 28, 2020
      • Can I use my UM202HD on Mac OS 11 Big Sur?
        DavidKnighton Hell shaji,
        It depends on what operating system you're using, I.e. Windows or Mac, and whether or not you're using a DAW. If you're using a DAW, you should be able to select Outputs 1-2 on your preferred interface and that's it. If you're using for system playback for your operating system, such sound from iTunes, Youtube, Steam, etc., then you need to go into your sound settings on the computer and select Outputs 1-2 as you preferred audio device.
        • December 30, 2020
  • valdevino
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    It's still impossible to use the UMC202HD on Mac OS Catalina. Won't Behringer solve this for us? All other brands have updated their drivers and their audio interfaces! Someone has latest news about?
    0 590
    • valdevino
      ThomasAlexander There are no drivers for Mac, only for Windows The UMC202HD is plug and play with Mac.
      • July 11, 2020
      •  When will Behringer update firmware for UM202HD on Mac?
        valdevino But UMC202HD works on Mac Os Catalina? According to the site link: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-10-15-catalina-compatibility-list/#b Behringer doesn't update their products. I'm fear to upgrade Mac.
        • July 11, 2020
      •  When will Behringer update firmware for UM202HD on Mac?
        ThomasAlexander I'm a Windows user and use the provided drivers. I don't know if the 202 will work with Catalina. It might work but if it doesn't work, Behringer has the option of updating the device's firmware. I'm not aware of any other option. Can you test your 202 on someone else's Mac that has Catalina installed? Otherwise we need a Mac user to step up here.
        • July 11, 2020
  • gzsombor
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-03

Hello, 

I'm using a umc22 for casual listening and sometimes for music production. The problem is that sometimes it starts to crackle for a bit and sometimes it outputs a continous whitenoise. I have it on 48k sample rate, high priority and normal latency. Does anybody know what can cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 497
    • gzsombor
      Nigel67 Hi Zsombor. is the noise happening when you are recording or on playback? If it is when you are recording, are you hearing the noise in the analogue domain? If when recording, if you press the direct monitoring button, do you still hear the noise. It may be worth changing the buffer size just to see if that fixes the issue. Are you connected to a USB HUB. If so, it may be worth connecting directly to the computer. If you are connected to a USB socket, then try another one. Is this an issue that has been there since you purchased the unit or just started happening? Does the issue happen if you connect the unit up, but just let it sit there not passing audio. If so, then it could well be an issue with the unit itself, maybe the USB cable. If it does make the noise just sitting there, do you have another computer that you can connect the unit to for testing. If you then still get an issue, I would suggest that the unit is faulty and I would advise going to the support tab at the top of the page and submitting a service request ticket.
      • October 4, 2020
      • Random crackling with UMC22
        gzsombor Hi thanks for the reply! I don't record at all I just use it for casual playback. It happens while idling as well but it is completely random. It is connected right with negligible interference. One thing that is interesting that if I unplug it and connect it back it stops right away and doesn't come back for quite a while.
        • October 5, 2020
      • Random crackling with UMC22
        Nigel67 I am afraid that it is very difficult to diagnose this type of issue. If it was a clocking issue then I would expect the problem to be more frequent. Have you checked the sample rate on the program you are using to playback on? It could also be an issue with the 5 volts supply the unit from the computer. i would advise maybe trying the other USB ports in turn to see if the issue goes away on one of them. Are you connected to a PC laptop, tower or a MAC? Try another cable just in case the one you have has worn out connectors. the quickest way to determine where the issue lies is if you have another computer that you could try the UMC22 on.
        • October 5, 2020
Go to page