Statistics

298,599 members
182,221 posts
  • New
    nanos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-08

Hi everybody..i had installed before 3 days windows 11 in my laptop and i found that my audio interface BEHRINGER 404HD not working correct..please i need informations when they release the new drivers for windows 11..

2 5,308
    • nanos
      Nigel67 Hi nanos. I will talk to the design team and ask if they know of any issues with the existing drivers and Windows 11. I will not be able to ask until Monday though. You mention it is not working correctly, please can you advise which part of it is not working correctly? Can I confirm that the 404HD was working correctly with Windows 10 and its not a unit that you have just purchased and not tried on Windows 10. Many thanks.
      • October 8, 2021
      • BEHRINGER 404HD ON WINDOWS 11 DRIVERS ?
        Parrik I have the same issues. No audio whatsoever.
        As a workaround it is possible to uninstall the drivers and use the default windows ones - thought that way we lose ASIO and low latency support (which I need for recording vocals).
        If the windows 10 driver is installed, the device will be displayed as "unknown device" in the device manager. That leads to no audio being played back whatsoever and the nothing can be selected as either speaker or mic input.
        • October 29, 2021
        Parrik Maybe the device logs will help:

Protokollname: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
        Quelle: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
        Datum: 25.10.2021 15:53:28
        Ereignis-ID: 410
        Aufgabenkategorie:Keine
        Ebene: Informationen
        Schlüsselwörter:
        Benutzer: SYSTEM
        Computer: Parrik-Desktop
        Beschreibung:
        Das Gerät USB\VID_1397&PID_0509\6&96b9906&0&1 wurde gestartet.

Treibername: usb.inf
        Klassen-GUID: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
        Dienst: usbccgp
        Untere Filter:
        Obere Filter:
        Ereignis-XML:
        " target="_blank" title="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">">http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

0x4000000000000000

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
        Parrik-Desktop

USB\VID_1397&PID_0509\6&96b9906&0&1
        usb.inf
        {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
        usbccgp

0x0
        0x0

Protokollname: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
        Quelle: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
        Datum: 25.10.2021 15:53:28
        Ereignis-ID: 400
        Aufgabenkategorie:Keine
        Ebene: Informationen
        Schlüsselwörter:
        Benutzer: SYSTEM
        Computer: Parrik-Desktop
        Beschreibung:
        Das Gerät USB\VID_1397&PID_0509\6&96b9906&0&1 wurde konfiguriert.

Treibername: usb.inf
        Klassen-GUID: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
        Treiberdatum: 06/21/2006
        Treiberversion: 10.0.22000.1
        Treiberanbieter: Microsoft
        Treiberabschnitt: Composite.Dev.NT
        Treiberrang: 0xFF2003
        Passende Geräte-ID: USB\COMPOSITE
        Treiber mit niedrigerem Rang:
        Gerät wurde aktualisiert: false
        Übergeordnetes Gerät: USB\ROOT_HUB30\5&33df9bf6&0&0
        Ereignis-XML:
        " target="_blank" title="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">">http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

0x4000000000000000

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
        Parrik-Desktop

USB\VID_1397&PID_0509\6&96b9906&0&1
        usb.inf
        {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
        06/21/2006
        Microsoft
        true
        Composite.Dev.NT
        0xff2003
        USB\COMPOSITE

false
        0x0
        USB\ROOT_HUB30\5&33df9bf6&0&0

• October 29, 2021
    • nanos
      Nioufman

Hello,
      I have a UMC404HD and windows 10. Everything works perfectly well.
      Windows suggests that I upgrade to windows 11.
      But there is no windows 11 driver for the UMC404HD.
      Does Berhinger plan to make a driver for windows 11?
      Should I wait for the moment?

Is there any other feedback from users?

Thanks

• November 2, 2021
        ThomasAlexander Hello Nioufman, I would ignore what Microsoft says for now. Windows 11 will add some features and also take away some features contained in Windows 10. Win 11 is new and a work in progress. Just like Win 10, it will be in development for years. There will be bugs and growing pains switching over to a new OS. Driver support for Win 10 is stable and mature. I'd maybe switch if Win 11 had some new feature(s) that I was excited about using. Also, there's no telling how long it will take for Behringer to introduce driver support for Win 11. If using the 404HD is important to you, you may wish to consider waiting for appropriate driver support.
        • November 20, 2021
    • nanos
      cupboard just moved to windows 11 with a desktop z490 chipset with an i9-11900 - started getting pops and drop out with my muc404hd - had to take it out of the system and use the realtek - problem solved but no umc404hd - drat
      • November 12, 2021
    • nanos
      Jordan24

I am also experiencing the same issue since upgrading to Windows 11. Please let us know when the updated driver is released.

• Jan 23
    • nanos
      heaneb2

Hi there is there any chance we could get hold of the beta drivers for windows 11. I cannot get it midi working with the current drivers. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

• Jan 29
  • redmotion
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    I'd like to buy some Headphones for mixing and headphones I've been looking at seem to vary from 50-250 ohms. I have a UMC404HD but the manual doesn't state what ohms/impedance it can supply with and without the power supply. Can someone confirm if I can get proper performance from a 250 ohm impedance headphones from the 404HD with it plugged into the mains? Thanks.
    read more...
    0 4,433
    • redmotion
      RexBeckett The UMC404HD headphone output has a relatively low maximum voltage (+3dBu). The output impedance is 20 Ohms. The most suitable headphones would have an impedance of 20-60 Ohms and a sensitivity of at least 98dB (reference 1mW).
      • July 19, 2020
    • redmotion
      ThomasAlexander You could also use a headphone amp. Behringer has some that are both good and affordable. Although, some of Behringer's products are now more difficult to find in this covid world.
      • July 28, 2020
  • PhilHarman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    USB 3.0 can deliver up to 900mA, and USB 3.1 up to 3A at 5V. Does the Behringer UMC404HD require an external PSU? How much current does it need via USB? Are there any limitations when using USB power only (e.g. number of mics with +48v)?
    2 3,806
    • PhilHarman
      RexBeckett The UMC404HD supply current is right on the limit of some USB 2.0 ports. It may work without the external supply but, if you are using phantom power, you could get drop-outs or noise. I run mine from a USB 3.1 port but, because it is using USB 2.0 compatability, the power is still limited to 500mA. I do sometines use it without the external supply but my PC has flagged over-current warnings when first connected.
      • June 23, 2020
      • Does the Behringer UMC404HD need external power?
        PhilHarman Interesting. Thanks, that's very helpful. It's a shame the Behringer docs are so vague. But good to get some clarity here.
        • June 24, 2020
  • New
    SilviaB
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-06

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if the audio-interface Berhinger U-PHORIA UMC204HD works with the new MacBook Air M1?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Silvia

0 2,962
    • SilviaB
      Nigel67 Our devices are class compliant and do not need drivers under Mac OS. Updating to MacOS11 / BS could lead to audio glitches with specific applications. However, USB audio/MIDI function of our products is fully UAC2.0 compliant and should keep working under CoreAudio as before.  Any issues so far appear to be DAW related which need upgrading.
      • February 7, 2021
  • sloanre
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-07

Need help getting sound from my Behringer ADA8200

My UMC1820 works fine on Mac OSX, was pretty much plug and play right out of the box. I have connected my ADA8200 to the UMC1820 - I have a TOSlink cable going from 8200 OUT to the 1820 IN as described in the manual.  I currently have it set the 8200 as master, 44.1.  The Master and Sync lock are on.

I am sending signal from my mixer to the 8200 and getting a blinking signal light, but no sound from that channel or any other channel on the 8200. I have tried different configurations including flicking the switches in the back. Still no sound.

I just ordered another TOSlink cable from Amazon to see if having another one going the opposite way as well will fix things, even though the manual indicates I shouldm only need one. I'm new to using ADAT so at this point I'm just trying different configurations.

I notice some people with windows having to change driver settings to set the 1820 as the master, but I don't have that option with Mac as far as I know.

Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 2,753
    • sloanre
      PedroRodrigues Hi Richard Sloan please confirm that on the ADA8200 you have selected on the back how you wish to use the ADAT connections input or output and select if the unit will be master or salve and what sample rate you wish to use
      This sends 8 channels of digital audio output from the analogue inputs to an ADAT device. This output connects to other ADAT devices via TOSLINK cable.
      In the case of the UMC 1820 the ADAT or S/PDIF Optical I/O ports support S/PDIF, ADAT, S/MUX. Input channels are 11 to 18,outputs are 13 to 20, you can select it on the front panel OPT I/O-switch to select the operation of these ports.
      • October 7, 2020
      • No sound from ADA8200 connected via ADAT to UMC1820.
        PedroRodrigues Hi Richard, no it means that if you to use the ADA8200 like you described you cant do it with the UMC 1820 but you can with the FCA 1616. If you wish to keep using the UMC1820 and the ADA8200 you will have to implemented as I suggested above and you have tested and pointed out that works but with less amount of channels available.
        • October 8, 2020
  • New
    cre5cendo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

When plugging in my headphones to my GO XLR Mini, i hear a constant static/buzzing noise coming through. I know it's not my headphones because they work just fine with other devices. It's not my microphone because I can still hear it even when I unplug the mic. I've tried moving it's position, moving the other electronics away from it, but nothing is working. I've also tried plugging the device into different USB ports on my computer. The static/buzzing seems to go away whenever I put my hands on the microphone or the GO XLR Mini itself for some reason. Please get back to me when you can.

read more...
    1 2,374
    • cre5cendo
      Mazards Sounds like you might need a Ground Loop Isolater. They are like $12 on amazon and you should plug that in either the headset or microphone line in/out to cancel it out. If I am thinking of what you are talking about.
      • December 29, 2020
    • cre5cendo
      AndreasPeters I have the same issue but not constant. It is some sort of buzzing zirping ( Brzzzt -- tdt tdt tdt) which seems to occur in some irregular periodic time. It is even heard when the mic is unplugged. Any ideas?
      • March 6, 2021
  • New
    tdarcy1124
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-27

I have a GoXLR. It resets every time I reboot my computer and doesn't recognize the saved profiles even exist (it's blank in the app when I search for them, but there when I check in normal Windows explorer). 

0 1,964
    • tdarcy1124
      NicJonesMT Hi Tdarcy.
      Sorry to hear about this.
      Have you checked the location where the profiles are stored?
      In the app if you go to SYSTEM > GLOBAL SETTINGS you will be able to see the location.
      Please check that the profiles are located in here.

Alternatively you could try moving them to a new location and changing the location in the Global settings menu. Could you please try this and confirm if you have the same issue?
      • October 27, 2021
  • CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-27

Hi,

I have been looking for an option to use my UMC204HD or UMC1820 in Windows 10 to have a better sound in web sessions on Zoom  or other meeting sofware.
    Using a mic for my voice AND mixing the sound from Windows just as you can do with Steinberg or Focusrite interfaces.
    And this without playing with a 3rd party software and a kind of hardware trick where we inject the windows output in the Aux board input using a physical cable :(
    The point seems to be that the windows driver does not bring to Windows starndards sound Input and Output a Loopback option.
    Could Behringer implement this in a futur version and the world of covid-19 would be easier to live ;)

read more...
    1 1,720
    • CSurieux
      PedroRodrigues Hi Christian, Thank you for your contact, please be aware that the unit works with ASIO drivers base developed by a third part company, never the less on our end on the development I will forward your suggestion to our R&D Team.
      • October 28, 2020
      • Missing loopback feature in the U-PHORIA audio interfaces under W10
        PedroRodrigues Hi TormyVanCool as I'm sure you are aware we do not provide any information regarding any process that is related to our R&D Team. Thank you
        • January 20, 2021
    • CSurieux
      djskope Hi! Please can I also +1 this. Would be great if this feature could be implemented.
      • September 18, 2021
    • CSurieux
      djskope It would really help with multisampling and also streaming with OBS etc. if Loopback was enabled. As I workaround I used vooicemeter 3rd party software solution but an official implementation would be much better pretty please xx
      • September 18, 2021
  • GAudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    Does anyone know how/where to get hold of older drivers for the UMC404HD audio interface? On the product page, only the latest driver is available, and I am specifically looking for driver v. 3.29, such that I can use it for 4-channel recording with Audacity. Thank you.
    read more...
    1 1,598
    • GAudio
      PedroRodrigues Hi GAudio its a pleasure to be able to help
      • June 23, 2020
    • GAudio
      PedroRodrigues Please follow the link to access the drivers version 3.29
      https://we.tl/t-gR9VyM6JGe
      • June 23, 2020
      • Older drivers for Behringer UMC404HD
        adrian142 I would be in need of those drivers too, but the link is no longer valid. Could You please repost? Thx!
        • July 6, 2020
    • GAudio
      PedroRodrigues Please contact me if you require any other assistance. Thank you
      • June 23, 2020
      • Older drivers for Behringer UMC404HD
        GAudio Thank you, Pedro, this is much appreciated!
        • June 23, 2020
    • GAudio
      pooffice Hello, I bought UMC404HD and can't record more than 2 channels under Windows 10 at the same time. Please send me old driver that support 4 channels.
      • August 31, 2020
    • GAudio
      PedroRodrigues Hi pooffice Please be aware that Windows 10 does not allow multi tracking recording by itself if you wish to record more than two tracks you must use a DAW as a recording software by configuring your UMC404HD as a audio device.
      • August 31, 2020
  • gzsombor
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-03

Hello, 

I'm using a umc22 for casual listening and sometimes for music production. The problem is that sometimes it starts to crackle for a bit and sometimes it outputs a continous whitenoise. I have it on 48k sample rate, high priority and normal latency. Does anybody know what can cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 1,355
    • gzsombor
      Nigel67 Hi Zsombor. is the noise happening when you are recording or on playback? If it is when you are recording, are you hearing the noise in the analogue domain? If when recording, if you press the direct monitoring button, do you still hear the noise. It may be worth changing the buffer size just to see if that fixes the issue. Are you connected to a USB HUB. If so, it may be worth connecting directly to the computer. If you are connected to a USB socket, then try another one. Is this an issue that has been there since you purchased the unit or just started happening? Does the issue happen if you connect the unit up, but just let it sit there not passing audio. If so, then it could well be an issue with the unit itself, maybe the USB cable. If it does make the noise just sitting there, do you have another computer that you can connect the unit to for testing. If you then still get an issue, I would suggest that the unit is faulty and I would advise going to the support tab at the top of the page and submitting a service request ticket.
      • October 4, 2020
      • Random crackling with UMC22
        gzsombor Hi thanks for the reply! I don't record at all I just use it for casual playback. It happens while idling as well but it is completely random. It is connected right with negligible interference. One thing that is interesting that if I unplug it and connect it back it stops right away and doesn't come back for quite a while.
        • October 5, 2020
      • Random crackling with UMC22
        Nigel67 I am afraid that it is very difficult to diagnose this type of issue. If it was a clocking issue then I would expect the problem to be more frequent. Have you checked the sample rate on the program you are using to playback on? It could also be an issue with the 5 volts supply the unit from the computer. i would advise maybe trying the other USB ports in turn to see if the issue goes away on one of them. Are you connected to a PC laptop, tower or a MAC? Try another cable just in case the one you have has worn out connectors. the quickest way to determine where the issue lies is if you have another computer that you could try the UMC22 on.
        • October 5, 2020
Go to page