Statistics

298,599 members
182,221 posts
  • Julinko
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-30

I have the Behringer UMC204, want to connect it to Windows 7 Professional PC via USB 2.0.

I installed the driver for W7 Ver.4.59.0 downloaded from the Dehringer site. Driver installation was successful, I can see the Behringer UMC 204HD 192k device both in Playback as well as in Recording devices in Windows Sound settings. Both are set as default devices. Nevertheless, although the Playback device works (I can hear the test voice), the Recording device doesn't work.

When checking in the driver UMC Control Panel, in the format sheet the Input window is gray and it seems to be different from the  Output window (see screenshot). In fact the PC system seems not to recognize input from the device. In my DAW (ProTools) the input device is not recognized.

The microphone is connecte do input 1 and the LEDs (SIG and also CLIP) are flashing, so the device itself recognizes the microphone signal. But the PC doesn't.

Can you help to identify the problem, please?

read more...
    0 1,337
    • Julinko
      Nigel67 Hi Julius, the above settings are correct so we need to look at a setting on your computer. First of all, can you open the Sound menu on the PC and go to the Recording setting. To the right hand side of this page, you can see a bargraph. When you are talking into your microphone, does the bargraph light. It should do. If it does, then you need to take a look at the settings in your DAW. If you go to the Playback tab, you will also see a bargraph which lights when you are playing back audio to the UMC204HD. You said that this works so you should see the bargraph light. You do have the main out gain pot turned up? Let me know what you find. Is this a brand new unit or has it worked previously? Do you have another computer whether Windows 7, 10 or MAC that you can try the unit on just to make sure audio passes in both directions on the USB
      • October 1, 2020
    • Julinko
      Julinko Hello Nigel, thank you very much for your feedback. First, answer to your question - it is a brand new unit, I am a new user of this Behringer and now I am a happy new user, because the problem is solved.
      • October 1, 2020
    • Julinko
      Julinko ...sorry, I posted the previous answer prematurely. So, yes the problem is solved. The solution was to plug the device to another USB port (how simple!) I browsed the historical experience and I knew that this sometimes helps, so I did, but I tried only 2 of USD ports. My PC has 4, but the 2 were occupied, but then I finally tried the 3rd one and it started to work.
      • October 1, 2020
  • New
    peteruno
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-09

I just got a second x-air-18 and transferred the mixer setup on my original x-air 18 from my Ipad to the new one and for some reason the usb connection is not being seen on my mac.  I tried initializing the xair and just plugging the usb into the mac and it still doesn't see it whereas my original x-air is seen by the mac immediately.  The only difference between the 2 x-airs is that the second x-air has a newer firmware 1.14.  Could that be the issue?  My original x-air is 1.12.  I'm running 10.13.6 on my mac and refuse to upgrade to latest OS.

read more...
    0 1,299
    • peteruno
      Nigel67 Hi Peter, I am surprised that the MAC isn't seeing the XR18 as a USB device, however it is running quite an old version so there could be incompatibilities. Would you like me to see if I can find an old version 1.12 and send it to you. That way we can definitely determine whether it is software or hardware on the XAIR-18
      • November 8, 2020
      • USB connection to Mac is not recognized from my  Behringer Xair-18
        peteruno yes please! I just connected it to my MacBook pro with the latest MacOS and it did recognize the new air so it must be something in the newer firmware. Can I also get a link to how to install the older firmware onto it?
        • ·
        • November 9, 2020
    • peteruno
      peteruno Hi again: I didn't get a confirmation from the system that my last thread was received so I'm just reaching out again. I'm not sure where you are located. Its 4:30AM here and perhaps nobody is up? Looking forward to hearing from you
      • November 9, 2020
      • USB connection to Mac is not recognized from my  Behringer Xair-18
        Nigel67 I have e-mailed you the firmware
        • November 10, 2020
    • peteruno
      peteruno Hi Nigel: I'm looking for a service that I can pay to troubleshoot my setup using my xair-18 with Digital Performer via a screenshare. I'm doing something wrong in the setup that I must be blind to. Solo function doesn't work, I don't know why or where the computer audio defaults to on the mixer and when I record audio off of youtube I'm not sure other signal is not bleeding through. Its something that I would gladly pay someone for a live screenshare to go through my signal path with. Can you recommend any such service?
      • February 13, 2021
  • New
    uru
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-19

I have a set of Samson C02 condenser microphones. When I plug one of them into my GoXLR Mini I get this noise.

I only get it when 48V is on(Condenser duh.) The sound in the file shows itself with 48V on and gain turned up pretty far in the software(60+ dBish.) I get it with both microphones in the set.

I get it when the GoXLR mini is plugged in the back of my PC, when it's plugged into the front pannel, when it's connected through a powered USB hub and even when it's connected to my wife's laptop. So I'm starting to think it's not my PC.

I do not get it if I plug in a dynamic microphone, even if I switch on 48V for no reason. 

I do not get it when I connect a dynamic microphone via a Cloudlifter, despite this device requiring 48V to add the extra gain.

I do not get this sound with the same microphones but another audio interface that is also bus powered(Roland Quad Capture)

Eternally greatful for any input anyone may have. At first I thought it was some sort of grounding issue with USB in my computer, but when the issue also cropped up testing with the wife's laptop my suspicions went elsewhere. Unfortunately these two Samson mics are the only condenser mics in the house right now. I tested with two different dynamic mics.

read more...
    0 1,164
    • uru
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Have you tried a different USB cable yet?
      • April 19, 2021
    • uru
      uru Yes. Two different cables, both of them with ferrite chokes on the type B end
      • April 19, 2021
    • uru
      WilliamR

Could you click on the support link above and create a tech support ticket so we can help you further? This may be a hardware issue that needs to be serviced.

• April 19, 2021
    • uru
      uru

Thanks I'll do that

• April 20, 2021
  • New
    Bradautry
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-14

This is not a new request or suggestion.  I've read comments in YouTube videos from months/years ago, but I couldn't easily find a topic here to chime in on, so here I am starting one.

I'd love to see Mic settings have their own profiles.  It's not just about separate/unique microphones; for me, it's not at all about that.  I only make use of one mic.  But...

My wife uses my PC, her eq and compression settings are vastly different than mine.

My daughter uses my PC for virtual guitar lessons.  Obviously, playing guitar is a completely different use case than spoken word.  

It's a hassle - not an insignificant one - to change pretty much every mic setting each time someone different will be using the GoXLR.

Is there a technical constraint that makes it not possible to save different mic setting profiles?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 1,140
    • Bradautry
      PedroRodrigues Hi Bradautry thank you for your comment please consider that I will forward your request to our Dev. Team but it may be also beneficial to check the TC HELICON GAMING DISCORD CHANNEL where we have a fair amount of discussions on this unit, we present solutions and also features new request and news. Thank you
      • June 16, 2021
  • Stra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-17

1- New UMC 22 just installed on windoiows 10. when I use mic and monitor, I can hear the sound clearly through the headphone output. However when I play recording from computer there is no sound. Yes, have configured the playback to use the Behringer output on my settings, but still no sound on playback.  Playback will work ok when switched back to default realtek driver. Your advice please?

2- Using a Rode VXLR+ adaptor between a Rode mono mic and XLR input. Works fine, except there is are some ms delay between left and right output channels on playback. Tested this on an audient ID4 interface and there is no channel delay. Why does this happen on the UMC22?

Thank-you for your comments.

read more...
    1 1,101
    • Stra
      john0121 Have you turned the direct monitor button off when you're playing back? Otherwise you will just be monitoring the input still.
      • October 18, 2020
    • Stra
      Stra Hi John, thanks for your comments. I've now resolved the issue, but can say it was mainly due to the atrocious user manual for the UMC22 it does not even say I needed to download any software until page 36, having ploughed through loads of rubbish about safety and other languages, I gave up too early. I had been on the net and downloaded an official driver for the UMC22 as well as ASIO4ALL. The driver was screwing up my output and as soon as I uninstalled this it worked correctly.
      • October 19, 2020
      • new umc22 no audio playback sound through headphones
        Plunda Hwy Stra. Few weeks now and I've had your troubles. I also did what you did RE driver
        • February 28, 2021
      • new umc22 no audio playback sound through headphones
        Plunda Don't suppose it was a particular 4 min long YouTube video, was it? Lol. Anyway, I'm still no further forward but I've ditched the umc22 drivers. Could you help me please? I'd be super grateful if you could share exactly what you did?
        • February 28, 2021
  • SteveECrane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-29

Does the Behringer UMC1820 employ a dedicated, purpose-written ASIO driver ... or does it rely on some generic third-party driver such as those by ASIO4All or Ploytec?

0 1,073
  • andreanrobert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-25

Hi all,

Can i ask you something? 

I installed BEHRINGER WDM AUDIO 2.8.40, and theres so many problems in that drivers. Can i restore my USB Audio CODEC? Please help me, theres too many problems, like my microphone isn't working. I need your insight. Thankyou!

read more...
    0 1,049
    • andreanrobert
      SAMYSUPER14 i´m having the same problem with you, have you found any solution?
      • July 25, 2020
      • BEHRINGER WDM AUDIO PROBLEM
        andreanrobert Not yet. I really stressed about the drivers. That is a scam driver.
        • July 27, 2020
    • andreanrobert
      RexBeckett There have been many reports of problems caused by this old driver. Simple uninstallation of the driver may not fix the problem. This site gives comprehensive instructions for complete removal of drivers from Windows 10.
      • July 26, 2020
      • BEHRINGER WDM AUDIO PROBLEM
        andreanrobert i don't think it's working. Any other ideas? The problem is maybe the USB WDM AUDIO Driver got stuck in the audio interface. I need to remove the driver and install the USB Audio CODEC, but i didn't find the solution until now. Thank you!
        • July 27, 2020
  • New
    D123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

Yesterday, I set up my interface U-Phoria 1820, everything worked fine, monitoring, recording, everything. This morning I plugged my midi keyboard, it was recording but no monitoring was possible. Tried in Logic and Garageband on both Catalina and Big Sur. Then I tried to listen songs in Music and had no sound. I unhook everything, still was not working. It is my fifth audio interface and I do recording since many years. Now, it dosen't even recognise the interface. How can you help ?

read more...
    0 1,045
    • D123
      Nigel67 HiD123. Audio issues with Big Sur are purely Apple‘s domain or daw related. Our device is fully UAC2.0 compliant (do not require drivers) and should keep working under CoreAudio as before. The unit could have developed a fault with its USB interface and you appear to have tested it on other computers without success which does appear to prove that scenario. Have you tried a different USB cable? Are you using a USB hub. If so, please trying plugging the unit straight into the computer. If it is still not recognised, please click on the support tab at the top of the page. In the new window that opens, scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. One of my colleagues will then get back to you.
      • January 24, 2021
    • D123
      john0121 Hi, John from Music Tribe here. The UMC is class compliant and should work as plug and play on any Mac OS using the Core Audio. You should be able to see the UMC listed in System Preferences> Sound as an input and output device. If this is not the case then I would suggest to fill out the tech support form via the support button at the top of the page and a member of the team can go through some troubleshooting with you.
      • January 24, 2021
  • New
    AirPlush
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-29

Product: GoXLR
    App/Firmware/Dice version info: App:1.3.3.130 Firmaware:1.3.29.81 Dice:1.2.15.77
    Summary of Issue: I am using shure sm7b and seems like i am getting a lot of background noise when i speak into my microphone
    How long have you had this issue: about a month or so
    Steps you have taken to fix your issue: messed around in goxlr setting for the mic, messed with windows setting swapping things around, can't remember everything i've tried. moved the goxlr around. changed power plugs where it was plugged in at. swapped usb plugs. i've unplugged everything besides headphones, usb and power to eliminate as much interference as possible.
    Full explanation of your issue: just irritating background static noise. My room is pretty quiet i've turn off everything, AC included and turned my fans down low and it's just constantly picking up this weird weird static type background noise whenever i speak. so gate isn't helpful. seems to be about the same volume as my voice.
    How many PC's are in your setup: 2 pc, but problem persists even on single
    What Microphone are you using? sm7b Are you using a cloudlifter/dm1? i've tried with and without the cloud lifter, using phantom power with the cloud lifter as needed
    What types of headphones are you using: wireless but has a 3.5mm razer blackshark v2
    What motherboard are you using: dark hero x570

read more...
    0 985
    • AirPlush
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi AirPlush, I can see you have opened a technical support ticket for this issue also. I have added these details to your ticket and a response will be sent shortly from the ticket. Please keep an eye on your spam/junk folder as occasionally we have noticed our replies route to these locations.
      • August 29, 2021
  • New
    itzmildttv
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-19

Just started having this issue today with my GoXLR Mixer. After not using it for a few days, I booted up my PC and got everything set up, I noticed a hissing static sound coming from the GoXLR when my headphones were plugged inot the proper port. I unplugged anything that could be causing interference with the Mixer, but the hissing was still there. After trying everything imaginable to try and fix this issue, the GoXLR suddenly would not turn on. I believe the issue was the power supply plug as i tried plugging the XLR into multiple wall outlets and nothing would make it turn back on. Is there anyway that this GoXLR would be able to be replaced and if so, how would I go about doing that

read more...
    0 977
    • itzmildttv
      WilliamR Hello, William from Musictribe here. Please click the support link at the top of this page and create a tech support ticket and someone can help you with this ASAP.
      • February 19, 2021
Go to page