Statistics

298,602 members
182,224 posts
  • valdevino
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    It's still impossible to use the UMC202HD on Mac OS Catalina. Won't Behringer solve this for us? All other brands have updated their drivers and their audio interfaces! Someone has latest news about?
    0 918
    • valdevino
      ThomasAlexander There are no drivers for Mac, only for Windows The UMC202HD is plug and play with Mac.
      • July 11, 2020
      •  When will Behringer update firmware for UM202HD on Mac?
        valdevino But UMC202HD works on Mac Os Catalina? According to the site link: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-10-15-catalina-compatibility-list/#b Behringer doesn't update their products. I'm fear to upgrade Mac.
        • July 11, 2020
      •  When will Behringer update firmware for UM202HD on Mac?
        ThomasAlexander I'm a Windows user and use the provided drivers. I don't know if the 202 will work with Catalina. It might work but if it doesn't work, Behringer has the option of updating the device's firmware. I'm not aware of any other option. Can you test your 202 on someone else's Mac that has Catalina installed? Otherwise we need a Mac user to step up here.
        • July 11, 2020
  • New
    billwin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-23

Hope you can help.  Just bought a Behringer UM2.

I've connected it to windows laptop using Audacity and I can record the input on the MIC/LINE1.  I checked the input via the headphone monitor and the RCA connectors on the rear and it is mono with both sides playing the same signal. 

But when I plug the guitar into INST2 I can't configure the laptop to 'see' the second channel.  I can hear it on the headphone monitor and on the RCA connectors, again it is mono with the same signal on both left and right channels but nothing seems to get to the digital input into the laptop.  I've tried all Audacity input configurations but no signal from the elusive INST2.

I've used Audacity and Presonus Studio to try to record it but neither works.

Can anyone help, is the UM2 faulty?

read more...
    0 892
  • New
    SantiagoParra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-22

Is it possible to use my UMC202HD on Mac OS 11 Big Sur?
    I cannot find any official statement from Behringer to confirm this.
    I am afraid to update Mac and my UMC202HD is not supported.
    Has anyone already used the UMC202HD in Big Sur?
    Does anyone have the latest news on this topic?

read more...
    0 859
    • SantiagoParra
      DavidKnighton Hello Santiago,
      I believe we have tested this, but as with any Mac OS update, you might run into some snags along the way. Sweetwater has a very good guide on Mac OS updates. You should check out the link below. If you have any doubts, don't update.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-11-big-sur-compatibility-guide/#b
      • December 23, 2020
    • SantiagoParra
      shajivalavil how can use main out put in this device ?
      • December 28, 2020
      • Can I use my UM202HD on Mac OS 11 Big Sur?
        DavidKnighton Hell shaji,
        It depends on what operating system you're using, I.e. Windows or Mac, and whether or not you're using a DAW. If you're using a DAW, you should be able to select Outputs 1-2 on your preferred interface and that's it. If you're using for system playback for your operating system, such sound from iTunes, Youtube, Steam, etc., then you need to go into your sound settings on the computer and select Outputs 1-2 as you preferred audio device.
        • December 30, 2020
  • New
    LanceKiwi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-08

PLEASE HELP!!

I have the Behringer XR12 Mixer, running X-Air Edit.

I CANNOT PLAY MUSIC FROM A USB STICK!

I have tried everything!

• Followed online instructions from different forums

• Watched the Behringer videos

This is what I have done so far.

* Formatted a few different USB sticks to FAT32

* Recorded music at 44.1kHz & 48kHz

* Sample rate 16bit and also 24bit

In my XR12, my sample rate is set to 44.1kHz. I try to play my 44.1kHz songs from the USB, but doesn't work. 

I even tried setting the XR12 to 48kHz, and tried playing music recorded at 48kHz. STILL NOTHING!

Yet, I can "Record" to the USB stick, BUT CAN'T PLAY MUSIC FROM IT!??

Someone please help me. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?

Thanking you in advance.

Lance.

read more...
    0 826
    • LanceKiwi
      RexBeckett Hi Lance, the XR12's USB player only plays tracks that are in 16 bit stereo Wav files at the same sample rate as the console setting. It sounds as though you have tried most of the settings, though.

The console can be very picky about USB drives. It is best to use USB 2.0 drives with upto 32GB capacity. The FAT32 formatting is also important. If formatted on a Mac PC, use the MSDos FAT32 format.

You mention that you can record to a USB drive. Can you play these recordings on the console?

Check the settings for the Aux channel. Make sure that it is assigned to Main LR and that it is not being muted by any DCA or Mute groups.
      • March 8, 2021
      • XR12 MIXER. CAN'T PLAYBACK MUSIC VIA USB DRIVE
        LanceKiwi That pic is awesome! Thank you Rex!!
        • March 8, 2021
      • XR12 MIXER. CAN'T PLAYBACK MUSIC VIA USB DRIVE
        LanceKiwi Thank you Rex for your advice.....Always appreciated!
        • March 8, 2021
  • Dhreyne
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-13

So I ordered a Behringer UM2 USB Audio Interface from Shopee Philippines and I just wanna know how to Identify if it's legit or fake. I ordered the item from a likely small third party seller. The seller doesn't even reply to my messages but I had no other choice coz the other sellers we're out of stock and others to sell it for too high prices and others has a too large shipping fee although the ratings of this one are fine, 5 people bought the same product from the same store and all of them rated 5 stars. can anyone help me pls? coz I need it to record my music, and I'm sick of counterfeits.

read more...
    0 809
    • Dhreyne
      Nigel67 Hi, it may be very difficult to identify whether it is real or not as some companies are extremely good at replicating products. Can you attach some pictures showing the front, back, top and the panel witht heserial number on and I will take a look for you, but cannot promise whether I can identify whether it is fake or not. Have you contacted our partner in the Philippines who are Joint Venture to see if the shop you purchased from is one of their resellers. If it is, then there is a good possibility that the unit is not fake. Hope this helps.
      • September 13, 2020
      • How do I authenticate a Behringer product?
        Dhreyne Okay thank you Mr, Turner, I got the unit here. I'll send you pics and give you the serial number ASAP. Godbless!
        • ·
        • September 21, 2020
        Dhreyne here it is sir, kinda strange... the data code is missing and it's made in China and I didn't see any warranty card????????????. The serial number is: S200507929AUX
        • September 21, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi, it all looks genuine to me. Comparing the pictures to the renderings on the website, they look identical. https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0AUX Also the serial number is correct and very new, so if it was a clone they would have had to be extremely quick on copy that. I am 99.5% sure that this is genuine. Hope this helps, and have a great weekend.
        • September 25, 2020
  • New
    LucaManeschi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-17

Hello guys, is it normal that the output volume is lower when i use the Umc than when i put directly my korg esx's LR outputs into the monitors ? In the second case i put my monitor's gain at less than half (+4dB), in the first case the gain knob is at 3 o'clock.

When i register i put mix knob on the umc on "IN", but when i listen to the recorded material with audacity i put it on "PB" and the result is a little higher volume.

read more...
    0 766
    • LucaManeschi
      RexBeckett Hello Luca, the UMC404HD's maximum output level is quite low (+3dBu). It will be necessary to raise the gain on your monitor speakers to compensate for this.
      • November 17, 2020
      • Behringer UMC404HD low volume
        LucaManeschi Rex, my hero ! Thanks for your replies,you're so kindly. Is it safe to keep the umc's main output and the sampler's master volume at maximal parameter ? Can't it causes distortions ?
        • ·
        • November 17, 2020
        RexBeckett I'm happy to help, Luca. Thanks for the feedback.
        • ·
        • November 17, 2020
        LucaManeschi When i set the gain of my speakers to 3/4 of the maximal value i can hear a minimum hiss, i don't know if it is a good thing...
        • November 17, 2020
        RexBeckett I don't think the UMC404HD's Main output will clip (distort) with the Main Out level turned right up. On mine, the Phones output does clip when the level is turned beyond 3 o'clock. I don't know about the sampler but your ears should tell you if it is clipping.

There may not be anything you can do to reduce the noise. Some monitor speakers work better with high input levels.
        • November 17, 2020
        LucaManeschi The hiss i'm talking about is produced by my studio monitors, the yamaha hs5. Usually i don't put the outuput above half (+4dB). I don't think the hiss is related to the Umc, surely with high values this type of monitors starts to produce this little noise, but maybe it's normal, i've never used it at this level of gain. Thanks again Rex.
        • November 17, 2020
  • New
    emdub2112
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-20

Hey Tribe!

I just picked up a new MacBook Pro M1 with the Monterey OS and moved my existing Behringer U-Peoria UMC204HD over from a Windows machine. However, the audio is now stuttering constantly. I'm using a Satechi Multi-Port Adapter/Hub and have tried modifying all of the sound settings on the MacBook (e.g kHZ, etc.) with no avail. I submitted a help ticket and am awaiting response. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather not buy a new audio interface unless completely necessary.

Thanks!

Michael

read more...
    0 758
    • emdub2112
      Paul_Vannatto Have you tried using it directly to the MacBook (without the hub)? I believe most Behringer products don't work well with hubs (I know that is the fact with the X-Air, X32 and Wing digital consoles).
      • December 20, 2021
      • MacBook Pro M1 Monterey & Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD
        emdub2112 Thanks for the response. How would I connect without a hub since the Behringer is standard USB and the MacBook Pro M1 only has two USB-C ports.
        • December 20, 2021
    • emdub2112
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest using a USB A to USB C adapter.
      • December 20, 2021
        emdub2112 thanks. just ordered a usb b to usb c cable so we'll see tomorrow if it works. you have given me hope
        • December 20, 2021
        emdub2112 Stuttering gone for audio outputs (from Tidal and Safari)! Will test full functionality later (e.g. midi, inputs, software, etc.).
        • December 21, 2021
        emdub2112 I spoke too soon. After having dealt with Modartt Pianoteq MIDI setup (through the Behringer) and experiencing unacceptable audio quality, I've also noticed that the audio quality from apps such as Tidal is also unacceptable, with the new direct USB B to USB C cable directly into the MacBook Pro M1
        • December 21, 2021
    • emdub2112
      emdub2112 SOLVED. The Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD is fully functional, directly connected via USB B to USB C cable ONLY on the front port of the 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Monterey.
      • December 23, 2021
  • New
    jeremy504
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hi everyone, so I just bought a UM2 audio interface and a behringer C1 condenser mic, but there is so much white noise going on and I can't hear the vocals even when gain is set to 60%

I've installed ASIO4all driver but it still didn't work even a little!  I'm using audacity to record. It also didn't work in FL studio even If I select the right input and sound drivers

I thought it might be grounding problem and stuff... But it doesn't work when I touch the interface with my hands and barefooted on the ground

I'd be very grateful if someone please tell me the solution to this problem

THE NOISE WON'T GO OFF???

read more...
    1 748
  • New
    paulie
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-01
    Hi all, is it really like that with Behringer UMC202HD I am able to hear input 1 on the left channel and input 2 on the right channel?

Right now, I've got UMC22 which has only one input and it sends this mono input into both channels of direct monitor.

I'm thinking about buying UMC 202HD but can't imagine I would hear each input only in one ear without the possibility of changing it.
    read more...
    0 725
    • paulie
      RexBeckett Hi Pavel, yes the direct monitoring on the UMC202HD has input 1 on the left and input 2 on the right. If this would be a problem, consider getting the UMC204HD which has a Mono/Stereo switch for the direct monitor.
      • December 1, 2020
      • Behringer UMC202HD direct monitor channels
        paulie Thank you for your comment, Rex.

I had this idea by plugging in mono 6.35mm to 3.5mm adapter so that it connects one pin to another and the result would be the same signal on both channels of stereo headphones.

Though not sure about the order of the pins for R, L and ground since there are more specifications.

Take it just like the fun idea rather than the actual solution.
        • December 1, 2020
      • Behringer UMC202HD direct monitor channels
        RexBeckett Keep it as a fun idea, Pavel. Mixing two signals by connecting the outputs together does not work very well and can even damage the output drivers. You could achieve a similar result by using a headphone amplifier that has a mono/stereo switch (e.g. Powerplay P1).
        • ·
        • December 1, 2020
    • paulie
      Aceman23 Hi maybe you guys here can help., i have tried this so called portol on tannoy to get my tannoy ellipse 10 serviced but with no success. i need a real email and contract info to get a hold of this people seems like a crooked way of dealing with customers who pay huge money for faulty pro gear.
      • December 2, 2020
  • New
    juleslawrence
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-11

I'm trying to get set up on Jamkazam and have bought a u-phoria UM2 but Jkz doesn't recommend the Asio4All driver that Behringer provides as a download and the previous, specific driver for the UM2 shows up on Jkz as a WDM.  I'm thinking of returning the UM2 and upgrading but it is difficult to know whether the driver for UMC202HD, for instance, is an ASIO driver. I would appreciate any help that can be offered.

read more...
    0 682
Go to page