Statistics

298,599 members
182,221 posts
  • New
    OsvaldoFelices
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-14

Hi, does anyone know if the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 is compatible with Big Sur and Thunderbolt 3?

0 637
    • OsvaldoFelices
      DavidKnighton Hello Osvaldo,
      Some of our technicians have tested various products with Big Sur, and have not found any problems. You should be ok with the UMC1820.
      • January 15, 2021
  • New
    Stevegse63
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-03

I have just bought my first audio interface, a Behringer UMC22 but I am having issues recording using Audacity. I have two laptops, an old laptop running Windows 7 (64 bit) that is well past its sell by date and a new laptop running Windows 10 (64 bit).

I obviously want to use the new laptop for recording as its faster and has plenty storage so tried hooking up the interface to this laptop first. After downloading the drivers and connecting the inetrface via USB I get power to the unit and also sound back from the direct monitoring output. The problem occurs when I try and record a track on Audacity, I get an error message 9999. I have read through the manual for Audacity and tried all the suggestions without success.

I then tried the same setup on my old laptop running Windows 7 and it works without a problem. While I can record using the old laptop that is not what I wanted to use and the new laptop was purchased with music in mind. I am planning on purchasing decent recording software but not until I can be sure the interface is going to work. As Audacity comes with the Behringer software I am assuming that it should work.

Has anyone got a solution for this issue?

read more...
    0 610
    • Stevegse63
      PedroRodrigues Hi Steve please be aware that the 9999 error is an host error, this means something went wrong and most often be due to either or a lost connection to a USB audio device.
      Please confirm that you are connecting your unit directly to your PC via a USB 2.0 port
      This can also be related to recent Windows or Mac update requiring that user gives permission for Audacity to access the microphone.
      Please confirm with Audacity how to resolve this matter as we do work closely with the developers but we are two different companies and any assistance request for Audacity should be mate to the developer directly.
      • November 3, 2020
      • Issue with UMC22 and Audacity
        Stevegse63 Hi Pedro, thanks for your quick response. I will go over all the settings and your advice later today but after I posted my query I did find that the laptop microphone permission was disabled. I then had another try at recording and thought the problem was solved when I could record one track. Unfortunately as soon as I tried recording a second track I got the same error message. You mentioned that the interface should be connected to a USB 2.0 port which could be the issue. It is presently connected to a USB 3.0 port. This afternoon I will remove the drivers from the USB 3.0 port and reinstall to the USB 2.0 port and see if that solves the problem. I will let you know the outcome later....thanks again for the help
        • November 3, 2020
        Stevegse63 I installed the drivers to the USB 2.0 port but now I get an error code 9997 "Invalid sample rate" when trying to record a second track. It doesn't make any sense to me as the sample rate is exactly the same as the first track that records without problems.
        • ·
        • November 3, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Steve as I mentioned previously this is relating with Audacity that is a product of a third party company and our information is limited, never the less I would advise to test the unit on another unit that offers a USB 2.0 PORT to confirm if the unit is working.
        • ·
        • November 3, 2020
        Stevegse63 Hi Pedro, it is not making sense to me. I have tested the UMC22 on my old laptop (windows 7) running the same version of Audacity and it works perfectly. The main difference is that when connecting the interface to the USB 2.0 port it automatically downloaded the driver. When connecting to my new laptop (windows 10) it did not automatically download and install the driver. I had to go to the Behringer website and use the link to download the driver. I have the same version of Audacity on both laptops but it seems I have different drivers. When I run Audacity on my new laptop it shows the recording device as Line in Behringer but on my old laptop it shows a generic label "Microphone USB audio codec. To me it looks like the issue is either the driver, compatibility of the UMC22 with windows 10 or maybe both. I will keep trying but if I can't sort it out in the next day or so I might have to return the UMC22 interface and purchase something else that will work with windows 10.
        • ·
        • November 4, 2020
  • Mgonthier
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

I'm new to using interface, and bought a used FCA1616 and don't know if it's just not working, or not doing what it's suppose to do. MAC OSX High Sierra. FW and USB connected. I see it in Audio and it's loading both a FCA1616 USB and a Bheringer FCA1616 as a choice in the in/ouputs. I've conneced professional Sennheizer microphones to the first 3 inputs and a Laptop Mini to XLR into Input 4. The outputs will go into the in-ear-monitor transmitters. This was all for testing out a Unity and or Loopback Mix Minus set up..But nothing in coming in. Unity is not currently install, but I do have Loopback installed and was trying to get signals throught but nothing. Test 2 - I opened a browser on the operating computer and played a video from youtube. So that plays and I can see the DAW green led's bouncing up and down. But apparentely nothing seems to be coming in or out of it from external sources and back out of the 1/4" outputs in the back. What am I doing wrong? I also loaded the drivers 11 and 13 on a window 7 machine, and I was able to see the unit, and also get serial info, just didn't have time to test in a DAW set up. I really need it to work to implement the control over Mix-minus, but just can't even get one source to come in via the front XLR inputs.. Can you help let me know what I'm missing?

read more...
    0 607
    • Mgonthier
      Nigel67 Hi Mathias. i think to start off with we need to see if you can hear a microphone input in some headphones. Plug a microphone into input 1. Switch on phantom power if the microphone requires it. Plug a pair of headphones into the Headphone A jack. Turn the gain up a little. Turn the gain up on Input 1 and check to see if you are getting audio on the headphones. It should be on the left headphone only. The green LED for 1/L above the headphone gain pot should light. If you hear audio and can see the LED lighting, then the input is working correctly. Next, you can plug a loudspeaker into the main out 1/L on the rear of the unit and see if you are now getting audio out from that. Make sure you are using a balanced cable. If you are getting audio from there, you should connect the USB cable to your MAC and check your input and output settings in audio preferences are set for the FCA1616. On the input, there will be a little bargraph and you should see this lighting when you talk into the microphone. There is also a very good video on You Tube that shows all the set up for the Firewire with MAC. Have a look at this and see if it helps.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4mfwKNuvU8
      • September 28, 2020
    • Mgonthier
      Mgonthier Nothing comes through the headphones as sources are plugged into front.. The only thing is the LED lighting above the 2nd Headphone jack. This is when I play a source from the Computer like YT music. but nothing over the headphones either. DOA on most front except if source is driven from FW or USB interface..
      • September 29, 2020
    • Mgonthier
      Mgonthier Is there a process to reload firmware or updates on this unit, Mac or PC .. usually if these things are DOA, other electronics, means that they weren't updated correctly or loaded correctly. Is this the case of this. I opened the box and there seems to be no physical damage inside. blown or damages. This should be all interface software issues. any feed back on such issues?
      • October 3, 2020
    • Mgonthier
      Nigel67 Hi Mathias, let me check with the design team and get back to you.
      • October 5, 2020
    • Mgonthier
      Mgonthier - I do see audio from the laptop as output, but no input indication on the LED panel in the front. i also do have power cycles where the unit reboots sometimes when plugging in things. Again completely new to this model or type of unit, but I would of also thought that I would see sources, but nothing comes into or out via XLRs in on the front via Sennheizer G3 mics line level outputs.. and again when plugging in a speaker on back MAIN ouputs, nothing comes out over volume or indicator VU meters anywhere. Only internal audio from the controlling laptop comes out and goes to the FCA. Thanks .. Just a thought - Any motherboard reset button on this to push?
      • October 5, 2020
  • New
    AslemSantosVale
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

Hi, I need correct CODE from UMC 202, is in short, is a XMOS, photo is attached. 

0 593
    • AslemSantosVale
      DavidKnighton Hello Aslem,
      What exactly do you mean by CODE? Are you looking for a replacement chip or a programming code? Please let us know.
      • January 25, 2021
    • AslemSantosVale
      AslemSantosVale Chip. The manufacturer list there are 2 possible codes:
      • January 25, 2021
    • AslemSantosVale
      AslemSantosVale thanks,i will think if i order
      • January 26, 2021
      • USB IC from Umc 202
        Roblof The xmos is a mcu with onboard flash. Just replacing the chip will probably not be enough unless you get access to some kind of firmware that you need to download onto it.
        • January 28, 2021
      • USB IC from Umc 202
        AslemSantosVale I will check with the seller
        • January 30, 2021
      • USB IC from Umc 202
        AslemSantosVale the chip is in short
        • January 30, 2021
    • AslemSantosVale
      AslemSantosVale Who i write this? I dont have programmer
      • January 31, 2021
  • New
    awpMusic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-31

I have a problem I need help with!

I had a Steinberg Cl2+ audio interface which worked well but I needed extra inputs for external synths.
    I bought a Behringer UMC1820 which gave me eight ins or 4 stereo pairs - with the added bonus the sound quality was improved too.

However I am getting random pops and clicks when using it.  I have Cubase 10.5.2 on Windows 10.
    The audio performance meters barely move and I still gets pops.  I played back a couple of audio files in Cubase - same thing.  I played the audio files on Wavelab - same thing.  
    I can play them on another computer and they are clean.  I've played old projects that were clean on the Steinberg interface and the UMC1820 gives random pops - even though all meters are showing the computer can easily handle the file.

I've changed the USB cable - I've tried different USB inputs - all direct on the computer.  The problem just will not go away and it's driving me mad now.

I should have said I've also tried two drivers - 4.59 (for Windows 7 - 10) and Windows 4.38. 4.38 is possibly slightly better but the pops are still there!
    Any suggestion would be very welcome.  Thanks.

read more...
    0 592
    • awpMusic
      awpMusic I think I may have found the culprit - ACRONIS ACTIVE PROTECTION was running and I disabled it and took the computer off the internet - abd the crackles/pops have gone! Fingers crossed this is it!
      • October 31, 2020
    • awpMusic
      JasonB81 Hey Andrew - if you encounter more issues related please click support above and make a ticket so we can dive into the issue further. Thank you!
      • November 2, 2020
    • awpMusic
      awpMusic disabling Acronis Active Protection seems to have fixed the problem - thanks for the offer of help.
      • November 2, 2020
  • Blanko1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-02

Hello, I have a problem that is giving me severe headaches.

I have installed the latest driver that appears on the Behringer page for this interface UMC204HD (v. 4.59) in a new pc that I built, there seems to be no problem since windows correctly detects the device with its inputs and outputs, however, the interface it works only until I stop occupying the sound of my pc for a few minutes, when I try to play something again nothing works, the clearest problem is when I try to open youtube and it does not load anything at all until I switch to the realtek audio device, the video magically starts playing automatically.

In order for it to work again, I have to disconnect and reconnect the interface in a different usb port, then it works for a few minutes with a youtube video only until I stop occupying the sound of my pc again and go back to the same loop.

Things I already tried:

-Deactivate all drivers except for the interface
    -Change all frequencies to 44.1hz and 48.0hz from the advanced windows sound options.
    -Remove the audio option in exclusive mode
    -Uninstall and reinstall all drivers
    -Restart the pc

-----------
    Specs:

Behringer U-phoria UMC204HD
    Windows 10 Pro 64x in SSD
    Asrock b450m pro4
    Ryzen 5 2600
    16 GB Ram 3200hz
    Rx 580 8 GB
    -----------

I would greatly appreciate your help.

PS: There are times when I try to move a frequency setting and press the "test" button I get a message saying "There is another application using the device".

PS.2: When I open the sound configuration panel, specifically in the playback tab, I have no problem making changes, however these do not give the result I am looking for. On the other hand, when I enter the "Record" tab there is a type of delay, that is, it takes a few seconds to enter the tab, I don't know if that is something important, but taking into account that everything is installed on a ssd and it is not overloaded that should not happen.

read more...
    1 586
    • Blanko1
      RexBeckett Open Windows Control Panel -> Device Manager, open Properties for the USB ports and check the Power Management tab. Your PC may be shutting of the USB ports to save power.
      • October 2, 2020
      • [Help] Behringer UMC204HD audio problem
        Blanko1 Hello! thanks for your answer. I forgot to mention that I did that too, it was one of the first things I tried but apparently it didn't work and it stayed the same.
        • October 2, 2020
  • New
    IanVolume
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

Hi I'm using the U-Phoria UM2 interface to record onto a Mac in GarageBand. It's only recording onto one channel - any idea how to fix this? 

0 557
    • IanVolume
      RexBeckett Hi Ian, what inputs do you have connected to the UM2?
      • February 13, 2021
    • IanVolume
      IanVolume I've plugged in a condenser mic and a guitar. Same problem with both!
      • February 15, 2021
      • U-phoria UM2 only recording in one channel on Mac
        RexBeckett Normally this would record as a stereo track with the mic on the left side and the guitar on the right. Most DAWs have a function to split a stereo track to two mono ones.
        • February 15, 2021
  • New
    Wingedspur
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-01

I am setting up my XR18 for the first time and am having issues playing audio out of my monitor speakers. Audio is coming through on my headphones, I also do hear a pop when I turn the unit on which indicates signal is reaching both left and right monitors. I have tested the inputs and am receiving signal although no sound out of my speakers when playing a video on my Mac Pro M1.

Setup is as follows:

XR Ethernet Connected to powered USB hub, hub into Mac (yellow light blinking, mac receiving signal) USB connected to powered USB hub (CalDigit)

XR18 receiving audio (as evidenced by audio through headphones)

External monitors routed to line 17/18

Headphones in headphone jack

XAIR software set up to have computer audio routed to Aux channel (17/18), when playing audio volume appears in Aux send USB is enabled for Aux channel, LR is enabled as well USB Returns:

AUX USB Input set to 17/18 USB Sends: USB 17/18 set to Aux In 17/18

On Mac: Under System Preferences both input and output are set to XR18 Under Applications>Audio Devices system set to XR18, speakers configured to Left>Out 17, Right>Out 18 When testing the speakers the test tone comes out of the headphone left and right although not out of the monitors Any help is appreciated

read more...
    0 555
    • Wingedspur
      Paul_Vannatto Line 17/18 are line in, not line out. Outputs on the XR18 are the XLR-F jacks (bottom row) only. You also mentioned "XR Ethernet Connected to powered USB hub" which doesn't make sense. Ethernet and USB are completely different protocols.
      • July 1, 2021
  • mabali
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-24

I just bought the Behringer U-Phoria UM2 to connect my bass to my laptop (windows 10) for practising along with Spotify. I have hooked the UM2 to a USB port of my laptop, plugged my bass into the instrument port of the UM2, and my laptop connects to my (wireless) headset. I thought that should be enough to get evrything rolling but I don't get the sound of my bass on my headphones. The SIG led on the UM indicates it receives signal when I play my bass so that part is okay and of course I have selected the UM2 (which shows up in Windows as USB Audio Codec) as input device for audio. 

Through the Behringer site I downloaded the ASIO4ALL_2_14_English package and installed that, but it makes no difference. 
    Can someone please point me in the right direction to get this working?

Thanks!
    Martijn

read more...
    0 531
    • mabali
      DavidKnighton Hello Martijn Balink,
      Do you mean to say you're trying to hear the input of the UM2 with a set of wireless bluetooth headphones? I'm not so sure that will work, at least not without some involved setup. What you need to do first is confirm that the bass signal is reaching the computer. To do this, open up any DAW and record a short take of the bass. You should see and hear audio without the headphones. Presuming it works as intended, try setting the output of the DAW to use your wireless headphones. Not sure it will allow it, because I've never seen a DAW use a bluetooth device as an interface.
      • September 24, 2020
      • u-phoria UM2 no sound on laptop?
        mabali Hi David, thanks for your quick response.
        As I have no intention of recording I don't have any high end DAW software available, but I have Audacity running, I've selected the USB Audio Codec as input device, pressed the record button and played my bass. Nothing comes up in Audacity.
        If I wire a headphone to the UM2 (need to find a 6 mm converter jack to fit a 3.5 mm jack ;-)), will I then be able to hear the bass and spotify on the wired headphone? In that case I would be able to bypass the laptop for the most part (only powering the UM2 and playing spotify).
        • September 24, 2020
      • u-phoria UM2 no sound on laptop?
        mabali Found it. The second scenario works. I found a headphone with a 6 mm jack, with the wired headphone I can now play bass with Spotify and the bass through the UM2. Not the setup I wanted (or expected) but it works.
        • September 24, 2020
    • mabali
      DavidKnighton Hello Martijn Balink,
      Glad you were able to sort out a working setup. If your intention is to go wireless, you'll probably want to avoid using Bluetooth, as it poses some challenges for playing live. Specifically, Bluetooth can incur quite a bit of latency (delay). Also, Bluetooth compresses the audio over the air, so what you end up hearing is not an accurate recreation of the raw signal. I would suggest sticking with wired headphones or stepping up to a live wireless setup using something like the CAD Stageselect IEM. Pro Audio Star has one listed for new at a fairly decent price.

https://www.proaudiostar.com/live-sound/headphones/in-ear/cad-stageselect-iem-uhf-in-ear-monitor-wireless-system.html
      • September 28, 2020
  • New
    thevoidngi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-29

Hello,

I can't find my original topic (I suppose it has been deleted since you replied to my ticket) but I want this to be public and visible and get traction

I've purchased a UMC 1820 from Thomann.de. Received it on tuseday 27

When I've tried it all channels have a lot of signal passing through even with the main knob turned to zero. Both in direct monitoring as weel as in USB connection (see attachment). And not a little signal. That's a LOT (in the picture you see the signal getting from a moog Sub Phatty at max volume while the channel gain on the UMC 1820 is at zero)

I've opened a ticket as I've never seen this in my life in any audio interfaces in 15 years and it's not an acceptable behaviour for an audio interface as it's very limiting 

This is not documented anywhere (forum, Manual, etc) and there is no firmware . The Customer Service confirmed this should not be the behaviour and I've probably got a Faulty unit

I've sent it back the unit to Thomann.de (Attaching MT customer service email) and asked for a reimbursment. In the meanwhile I went in a local italian shop to get another one as I need it urgently for a recording session on Saturday (paying it more than Thomann)

I've just tested it and it has the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOUR

I want an official clarification from Behringer as I cannot think I got two faulty unit in a row from 2 different vendors with the same issue and I'm losing a lot of time (and money) around this

read more...
    0 500
    • thevoidngi
      RexBeckett Hello Roberto, this is not an official response but I don't think you got two defective units. It is quite common on preamps, interfaces and mixing consoles that the Gain controls do not have an Off setting. They usually have a range from minimum to maximum gain. If the minimum gain is too high for your source, reduce its output level or press in the UMC1820's Pad button. The gain controls on other UMC products (202HD, 204HD, 404HD) have the same behavior.
      • October 29, 2020
      • UMC 1820 ISSUE - Gain knob to zero but still getting a lot of signal from all channels - 2 new faulty units in a row?
        Patov1975 the gain minimum is +16db , the maximum is 56db ... so its normal if the source is too loud
        • Apr 3
    • thevoidngi
      JeffFessler Just saw this post. I own an 1820, as well. One thing I noticed was that the monitoring signal allows direct monitoring of incoming signal. If you move it over to "PB 1-2" you should only hear what's in/out on channel 1-2. I don't know if that solves your issue, but it's a shot...
      • January 30, 2021
Go to page