Statistics

298,601 members
182,223 posts
  • New
    ripperden
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

is the 1820 compatible with MAC MINI M1 os BIG SUR?

0 476
    • ripperden
      PedroRodrigues Hi ripperden, please be aware that the UMC 1820 must be connected directly to a USB 2.0 port avoiding any USB Hub's and any adaptors. Please also consider that when it comes to updating to MacOS11 / Big Sur, this could lead to audio glitches with specific applications. However, USB audio/MIDI function of our products is fully USB 2.0 compliant and should keep working under CoreAudio as before.

Please also consider that new Macs with Apple M1 (ARM-based) processors are not yet officially supported. Audio issues with m1 are purely Apple‘s domain or daw related, as our devices are class compliant and do not need drivers under Mac OS.
      • January 15, 2021
    • ripperden
      ripperden can you tell me why I get a very noisy signal while recording a track sometimes with my bass turned off?
      • January 19, 2021
      • Behringer 1820
        PedroRodrigues Hi ripperden please refer to what I have stated on my reply above. Thank you
        • January 20, 2021
    • ripperden
      ripperden I don't have a Mac m1 yet ....I'm have a Mac mini os 10.15.7 Catalina
      • January 20, 2021
      • Behringer 1820
        PedroRodrigues Hi ripperden,when it comes to updating to MacOS11 / Big Sur, this could lead to audio glitches with specific applications. However, USB audio/MIDI function of our products is fully USB 2.0 compliant and should keep working under CoreAudio as before.
        • January 21, 2021
  • New
    Ammo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-08

I just got my UMC202HD and the 2nd input isn't working. I can see the signal light up when I talk/record and also clips when it gets too loud, however I can't hear anything through my headphones. I have tried both an XLR input (with my C-2 condenser mic and phantom power) as well as a 1/4" cable input from my guitar. When I try to record in a DAW it recognizes it as an input but nothing is picked up. Input 1 works completely fine.

Any help please?

Also, I asked someone on Reddit and they asked about my drivers and told me to come here. I don't know much so this is what I said: 

I tried using both Audacity and the standard voice recorder but neither worked. Also, I have a list open of the drivers... but none of them look like they are from Behringer. I'm looking through control panel - is that right?

Screenshot attached

Thanks

read more...
    0 469
    • Ammo
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Amogh, if you have not yet done so i would first recommend visiting the following link and installing the ASIO4ALL driver, if after installation you are still experiencing issues please let me know:

http://www.asio4all.org/
      • December 8, 2020
      • UMC202HD Input 2 not working
        Ammo Alright so it worked for a bit and then I unplugged it and now it doesn't... I think this is a manufacturing defect.
        • December 9, 2020
        Ammo Also when it worked the direct monitor wasn't working on input 2
        • December 9, 2020
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi Amogh, please accept my apologies. The UMC202HD will utilise a different driver and not the ASIO4ALL as first suggested, I have included this in the below link for your:

https://we.tl/t-KL85j1xzZR

Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.
        • December 9, 2020
  • New
    AlexNotTheLion
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-05

I really like the GOXLR mini, after trying loads of different pre amps and gates / channel strips for my mic its just about the only thing i found which works for a really great price! however, my set up for it is complex and due to the way its set up i cant use it to its full capacity (for some background i stream on twitch via obs studio), my input chain is as follows: shure s7mb > go xlr mini > pc

this works and is great as an input, my issue stems from output which i personally have two issues with, 

1. i like to keep my own listening volume sepparate from stream volume, with the goxlr this currently isnt possible as far as im aware, if i were to use all the faders and output to stream mix, if i decreased the volume on a single fader, i have no way to compensate for that in obs, this could be fixed by optionally outputting the channels sepparatly as well as a combined "stream mix" , so currently i am only using a single fader to output music only to stream mix, so if the volume is too low for stream, i can increase it in obs without affecting my listening volume.

2. i use a external dac and headphone amp which makes routing output from the goxlr a bit of a pain, currently with the single fader im using, with voicemeter i take the streammix input and output it to my dac > headphone amp > headphones which isnt a great chain, i'd really love to see a feature either in a new go xlr to have lossless clean usb output, or have a software update to output to a specific device or again having seppareted channel outputs would allow me to fully use the faders to control my own volume sepparate from obs' output

other than those personal problems, i really love the goxlr! i think its a fantastic product and in more simple setups works really really well

read more...
    0 442
    • AlexNotTheLion
      TC Helicon Hi AlexNotTheLion, great to hear from you! Thank you for your incredible support! This means a lot to us.
      • July 23, 2021
    • AlexNotTheLion
      PedroRodrigues Hi AlexNotTheLion, I will leave you below a full GOXLR set up that will be helpful on this matter, information that involve OBS may be better answers by the OBS developers, so I would advise you to contact them directly.
      When it comes to using an external DAC, please take in to account that the GOXLR is a ADC and it will not be possible to use both unit at the same time as the GOXLR was developed to manage all aspect of the digital audio conversion and routing both unit as you have described just diminishes in a big way all the tools the GOXLR can offer you accompanied with an huge increase in the complexity of the set up.
      As I said on above please set up your GOXLR as stated below and you will have a huge amount of tools and processing power available for a seamless integration with any Broadcast tools.
      Please confirm that you are connecting the unit directly to your computer via USB 2.0 port avowing any USB HUB’s and any USB adaptors.
      Please confirm that you are you using a 1 x 1/8" TRS, stereo to connect your headphones?
      Are you using a headset? If you are please see the connection diagram below:
      (PICTURE 1)
      Please check the video below that will be very useful on this matter:
      https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw
      I would also suggest uninstalling the GO XLR APP and the install the lasted version available version 1.3.3.130 that you will find by following the link below:
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK

When it comes to configure the GO XLR instead of showing up in your computer’s operating system as a single device with multiple inputs and outputs, GO XLR shows up in your computer as several different audio sub-devices dedicated to different elements of your overall livestream.
      Sound>Playback Tab These different sub-devices will each appear separately in your PC’s
      Sound>Playback tab:
      (PICTURE 2)
      These Playback sub-devices carry the following types of audio information:
      Chat—voice chat audio from services such as Discord or Skype
      Game—audio from your videogame, such as explosions, special effects sounds, or alert noises that originate inside the game
      Music—audio from music applications running on your computer, such as Spotify, Windows Media Player or iTunes
      Sample—audio that has been sampled in GO XLR plays back into your stream over this channel
      System—this channel serves as a catch-all for when perhaps you have a particular video game that won’t allow you to choose a specific output device
      To set up your audio devices in the Sound>Playback tab, use the right-click option on your mouse to take the following assignments:
      set up the System channel as your overall Default Device
      set the Chat channel as your Default Communications Device Once assigned, the system will add a green check mark and text label to mark each of these devices:
      (PICTURE 3)
      Similar sub-devices also appear in the system Sound>Recording tab in order to make your livestream audio available for recording.
      These Recording sub-devices carry the following types of audio:
      Broadcast Stream Mix—the final stereo mix that contains audio from all sub-devices combined into a single stream
      Chat Mic—audio from your personal chat mic (chosen as the Default Device via the right-click function)
      Sample—sampled audio from GO XLR plays back and can be recorded using this sub-device
      (PICTURE 4)
      Once each of these sub-devices has been set up and assigned to a GO XLR slider, each slider on GO XLR can independently control its assigned audio device.
      Each slider may then be used to adjust that device’s volume within the final livestream stereo mix. To further illustrate this separate-and-mix concept, if you feel that your Chat audio is too loud, you simply reach out to the assigned slider on your GO XLR and move the slider downward to decrease the Chat volume relative to the Game, Music or Sample audio.
      If the Chat audio is too quiet, you can reach out and move the Chat slider up to increase the Chat volume or you may also grab the Game, Music and Sample sliders and move those sliders downward to decrease those sub-devices’ volume relative to the Chat audio.
      As last to avoid an unintentional doubling of your audio, you will need to go into Windows under the Sound>Recording tab and make sure that the Windows “Listen to this device” option is switched off for your designated Default Device.
      The “Listen to this device” option is the internal method by which Windows allows you to monitor audio, but the processing latency inside your PC is slower than GO XLR’s internal audio processing, and so this slight delay inside the PC can create an unintentional doubling of the audio.
      To de-select “Listen to this device,” follow these steps:
      Open the Windows Sound control panel.
      Click on the Recording tab.
      Right-click on your designated Default Device.
      Choose the Properties option from the pop-up menu.
      Choose the “Listen” tab in the Properties pop-up window.
      Find the “Listen to this device” option.
      Make sure “Listen to this device” is UN-CHECKED

Thank you
      • August 4, 2021
  • New
    vectorstudiotulsa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-01

Hey guys,

I'm having a serious problem with my interface. It's less than a year old, every time I turn up the volume the a loud cracking sound coming from the left speaker. Ive replaced the cords and checked everything I could think of. Has anyone had this problem??

Thanks!!

read more...
    0 439
    • vectorstudiotulsa
      Dale_M Hi there, this sounds to be like a suspect potentiometer but can you advise if you swap the speakers around does the crackle stay on the right side? If so we would advise going to the Support tab above, raising a Service ticket in and include your proof of purchase invoice (normally a PDF file) also include your full address and best contact number, a member of the team will be in touch with you for support.
      • April 3, 2021
  • New
    Howie
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-28

Greetings!

I have a U-Phoria UMC22 audio interface I bought for my desktop PC.  I will be getting an iPad Air, with a USB-C port, and I was wondering, if I got a USB to USB-C adaptor, could I use the Behringer UMC22 with my iPad Air?

Thanks much!

read more...
    0 439
    • Howie
      DavidKnighton Hello Howie,
      The UMC22 is class compliant, so 'in theory' it should work with all Apple devices. The real question is which dongle to use. I would suggest https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MUF82AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter. This adapter will allow you to charge your iPad and connect to the UMC simultaneously. For more info, you may want to reach out to Apple.
      • January 28, 2021
      • U-Phoria question
        Howie Thanks, David, I really appreciate your getting back to me, I’ll be ordering an adapter soon!
        • ·
        • January 28, 2021
    • Howie
      WilliamR Hello Howie, William here from music tribe. You can use a USB to USB C adaptor like the ones shown in this video.
      • January 28, 2021
      • U-Phoria question
        Howie Thanks William, this is a great forum, I appreciate your quick and helpful response!
        I’ll be watching the video, and ordering an adapter shortly.
        • ·
        • January 28, 2021
    • Howie
  • nothotmustard
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-21

I purchased behringer u-phoria umc404hd from Amazon. It did not come w software, so I've been looking for it on the Behringer site. Having a hard time either finding the correct software or where to find it because the one I found under the software category is not loading. Instead Audacity pops up, but it will not recognize the interface.

read more...
    0 436
    • nothotmustard
      RexBeckett What software are you looking for? The driver for Windows PCs is available from the UMC404HD product page. If you register your purchase (through the Support menu above), you will be sent a licence code for Waveform OEM DAW software.
      • September 21, 2020
  • irfantakmil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-30

Hello

So i just bought the UMC22 and i plugged in my guitar through inst 2 to play through amplitube 4 and my earphone through monitor jack. In the audio midi setup, there is the "USB Audio Codec DEMO (Core Audio)" audio device and since i figure that's the umc22 interface, i switch the input and output through this audio device. However, when i opened amplitube 4 i got no sound and it beeps every 20/30 sec through the earphone. In system preference on sound, i also select the USB Audio Codec for input and output and still got no sound and it says "The selected device has no input controls". I tried googgling the solution but seems like there's no solution.

read more...
    0 423
    • irfantakmil
      JoeRivers96 Hi, this may be an issue with amplitube. Do you see input level on your Audio MIDI Setup? Do you have another DAW to test this with?
      • September 30, 2020
      • Behringer UMC22 Problem
        irfantakmil hi, it seems like the main issue is resolved. I manage to get the sound by playing around with the left and right channel within the input and output in amplitube. However, one issue that remains is the beeping sound for every 20/30 sec. I read on some forums that it's because of the the usb audio codec is "demo", but i'm still not quiet understand.
        • September 30, 2020
    • irfantakmil
      JoeRivers96 From your screenshot it does look like the USB AUDIO CODEC is a demo, which would be causing the beeping. As the units utilizes Apple core audio, no drivers are required. I would suggest contacting Apple directly as this is to do with their core audio drivers.
      • October 7, 2020
  • New
    hiteshbagaria
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

We recently bought the Xenyx X1204USB mixer primarily to record a song for an online performance. We are using the Waveform Traction Software. The mic Shure SM-58 was connected to Channel 1 and music from phone was connected to Channel 2. 

We were able to record, but there was bad echo. It does not sound like studio quality recording. On the Waveform audio settings, the input was set to Xynex (Codec) and output to computer external speaker so we could live monitor. We tried recording without live monitor and that still caused echo. 

Can you please suggest ideas to help get rid of the echo in the recording? I appreciate your help. Thank you!

read more...
    0 400
    • hiteshbagaria
      DavidKnighton Hello Hitesh,
      the X1204USB has a built in effects unit. If you are using the effects, it is most likely feeding into the mains and into your recording. Refrain from using the effects in this case and you should not have any echo problem.
      • January 15, 2021
  • New
    RobLI57
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-05

Hi

I've just purchased an ADA8200 to add more channels to my UMC1820 audio interface. I'm confused by how to set it up.

I patched the Optical output of the 1820 to the input of the ADA, and vice-versa. I've set the Master to be the 1822 with the switch on the 8200. I have a Sync light lit on the ADA. Here's my issue.

The UMC1820 is the audio interface of my radio station with a USB connection to the Windows 10 PC. That PC runs the automation software. I am using the ASIO drivers inside the radio station automation software. I can see the stereo pairs of OUTPUTS on the back of the UMC. They are clearly labeled OUT. I only see ADAT pairs on the from the 8200. They are not labeled OUT. I believe these to be the INPUTS of the 8200. 

My plan was to use the 8200 as the outputs of the automation music decks and select those in the software and then patch the XLR connectors into 3 input channels on my audio console. How come I don't see the outputs on the 8200? Do I need to make the 8200 the master? Not sure what I'm missing here, but I was hoping to use those XLR outs of the 8200 and patch them into my audio console.

I THINK I uploaded a jpg so that you can see the selections that are available in the automation software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

read more...
    0 399
    • RobLI57
      RexBeckett Hi Rob, the USB interface cannot communicate directly with the ADA8200. It is only aware of the inputs/outputs of the UMC1820. If you select the DAW outputs to be [ASIO] UMC ASIO Driver (ADAT 1 + ADAT 2), the output should be on the ADA8200 XLR outputs 1 and 2. The same applies to the other six outputs.
      • December 6, 2020
    • RobLI57
      RobLI57 Hi Rex thank you for your reply. You see my options there on the screen. I did select ADAT 1 +2 for Player 1, ADAT 3+4 for Player 2 and ADAT 5+6 to Player 3. Then plugged in XLR to RCAs into the audio console for the channels I want those players to appear on the audio console. But that didn't work as expected. I put a song in each of the players, and tested. For example, when I played Player 1, I heard the song in both the Player 1 & 2 channels of the console. The song in Player 2 I heard nothing, and the song in Player 3, I heard nothing. Is it because I have the Optical connections between the 1820 and the 8200 set up incorrectly? I have tried setting the 8200 as Slave at first, then I tried it as Master. Both times, I had Sync lights on the front of the 8200. Any idea if my connections between the two devices is wrong? Thanks Rob
      • December 6, 2020
      • UMC1820 with ADA8200
        RexBeckett The UMC1820 ADAT output should be connected to the ADA8200 ADAT input. The ADA8200 ADAT output should be connected to the UMC1820 ADAT input. The ADA8200 should be set as Slave.
        • December 7, 2020
    • RobLI57
      RobLI57 I followed your advice, and I still don't have any audio coming from the players. I also installed the ASIO4ALL drivers, so now I see all the UMC driver outs1-9 as well as the ASIO4ALL 1-9 outs. I still see the ADAT 1-8 as well. If I am plugged into the XLR 1-3 on the back of the 8200, I would assume that one of the 1-3 corresponding options would work. However, I get no audio on any of the Outs, and when I try the ADATs it locks up the Players and I need to reboot the automation software. I'm very confused, and there's little help anywhere for this stuff, I hope I can get this resolved here. Thank you
      • December 11, 2020
  • New
    sreinbrecht
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

I'd like to record a stereo signal from my chorus effect through a Behringer UM2 into my laptop running Audacity.

I can hear the second channel in the headphones from the UM2 but nothing gets through to my computer.

In fact, nothing shows up in Audacity when I plug one guitar cable into the UM2's "inst gain 2" input, though I can hear it.

Can the UM2 carry stero into the laptop?

read more...
    1 390
Go to page