Statistics

298,598 members
182,220 posts
  • New
    giova942
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-08

Hi, up until UMC driver 4.38, there was this option in Windows Audio control panel to choose between full range left and right speakers and small surround speakers.

With UMC driver 5.0 this option is not available anymore. How can I be sure that Windows is indeed using the full range left and right speakers option?

My audio interface is an UMC204HD. Does the new version of the driver automatically select the right option?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 377
    • giova942
      RexBeckett Hi, recent versions of the UMC driver assume full-range speakers. I also find it beneficial to disable all enhancements in Windows sound control for both playback and recording on the UMC interface device.
      • March 8, 2021
      • UMC 5.0 driver and full range speakers (Windows 10)
        giova942 Thanks for answering.
        • March 8, 2021
  • AdrianVogler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-05
    Hi, I want to connect up to four guitar to the interface and send the signal from there to two different amps and a mixer. Is that the correct routing direction? Guitar - UMC404HD - amp Best, Adrian
    0 376
    • AdrianVogler
      DaveMorrison Normally you wouldn't want to connect your guitars directly to an audio interface because of the impedance mismatch (use a Hi-Z input for that). The highs will be dulled and it will sound weird; however, If you already have the UMC404HD, give it a try. Maybe you'll like it. (If you have active pickups in your guitars that will work).
      Although your proposed setup is unusual, Nothing will blow up. It might not sound good and you may overdrive some of the input stages, but art is in the "ear" of the beholder. (You are miking the amps when you send them to the mixer, right?).
      • July 5, 2020
      • UMC404HD audio routing guitar amp
        AdrianVogler Thx, Dave! The videos I watched and documentation I found often show a guitar directly connected to the UMC404HD. But maybe then the signal is routed to a mixer and not an amp. And the inputs are for instruments odr line level. What did I get wrong here? best Adrian
        • July 5, 2020
        AdrianVogler Would You plug the guitar directly into the interface and then route the signal to the amp? Or is it only useful to plug the guitar directly into the the interface, when You then want to record the signal inside a daw?
        • July 5, 2020
        DaveMorrison I looked up the specifications on the UMC404HD. with the switch in "inst", the input impedance is 1 Mohm which is good for guitars, ( not as good for keyboard). Behringer has so many models, it's hard to keep the specifications straight. Usually they will have one or two channels that can switch, but this on is all four. This is great for your application.
        Depending on on how you want to work, you can record the signal directly into to the DAW, then add an amp simulator, Or mic up the amps. The mixer may or mayn't be necessary. Are you trying to record 4 instruments at one time?
        • ·
        • July 5, 2020
        adrian142 Thx, Dave. No, I don't want to record 4 guitars at one time. It is more convenience, because I then can add a special stomp box configuration (4 inserts) for different guitars.
        • July 6, 2020
  • sfbayjay
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-01

I have been all over the web today trying to get answers to a few questions. Maybe someone here can help clarify a few things about the input characteristics and controls on the UMC404HD.

1. My understanding is that the INST/LINE switch for each of the combo input jacks ONLY affects the TRS (center) part of the jack and has no impact on the XLR. Is that correct?

2. If #1 above is correct, published specs suggest a single non-switchable input impedance of 3 kOhm for the XLR connector. Correct?

3. For the switchable impedance on the TRS inputs, published specs suggest that setting the INST/LINE switch to "INST" makes the TRS impedance 1 MOhm. But - there is NO published spec for the TRS impedance when the "LINE" position is selected (see attached pic from user guide. Does anyone know what the TRS "LINE" input impedance is?

4. Finally - does anyone have specs on what the output impedances are? I see published values for the insert jacks, but nothing for the outputs.

Thanks for any help

read more...
    0 373
    • sfbayjay
      RexBeckett I measured the input impedance of my UMC404HD. The XLR input is 3K with Pad out and 9.1K with Pad in. The TRS input impedance is 42K for Line and 1M for Inst - Pad did not affect the impedance. The Line/Inst switch has no effect on the XLR input.
      • October 1, 2020
      • UMC404HD Input Impedance
        ftf I'm just curious. How did you measure the impedances?
        • January 5, 2021
      • UMC404HD Input Impedance
        RexBeckett I used an NTI MR-Pro. It is my favourite source for audio testing. It displays load impedance up to 50K directly. For higher impedances I use a series resistor and measure the voltage drop with an NTI Minilyzer.
        • January 5, 2021
  • jpmist
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-23

Having some chronic problems recording  an electric guitar into the UMC404 with GarageBand.

Regardless of what type of amp setting I get only a clean signal. When I turn the "Mix" knob to the left ("IN") I hear a clean signal reflecting none of the adjustments I make, but the sound fades out to nothing when I turn the knob the other way ("PB"). I have monitoring on and it being on a Mac there is no driver issue.

What are some things I can check to fix this? Is the UMC404 broken or is this a GarageBand problem?

read more...
    0 372
    • jpmist
      Nigel67 Hi jpmist. The mix knob, when turned all the way to 'IN' only allows you to hear the instruments that you have plugged in to the UMC404. Turning the knob clockwise then mixes in the playback audio from your DAW. Once the knob is fully clockwise in the 'PB' position, then your instruments will be fully faded out and you will be listening only to your DAW playback. This guy has made a video and about 21 minutes in shows how the Mix pot works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2PaXLSMEWc
      • August 24, 2020
    • jpmist
      jpmist Thanks for the link to video, I'll check it out and see if that helps . . .
      • August 24, 2020
    • jpmist
      jpmist So I went at it again and realized that the missing guitar signal has happened before. This time I started with a new GB document and let the application set up a new Electric Guitar track and it now works as expected with the Mix knob letting me hear the dry as well as the processed track. I tend to reuse the same GB document multiple times since I have all the tracks set up as I like them, but apparently there's a limit to how often you can do that without the document glitching as it did and simply dropping the processed signal. Thanks again for looking into it.
      • August 24, 2020
  • New
    sd12345
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-02

Is the Behringer UMC202HD compatible with the m1 macbook air?

0 371
    • sd12345
      NicJonesMT Hi there.
      As far as I am aware it is compatible and should be plug and play with your Mac.
      If you have any issues just click support at the top of the page to submit a tech support ticket.
      • July 2, 2021
  • New
    JuKay311
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-22

Hello Team,

I updated My MacBookAir (13" / 2015) to OS11 / Big Sur.  Now I got dropouts on recordings in OBS with my Audio Interface. Is teher any known issue? 

0 347
    • JuKay311
      Nigel67 Hi Ulrich, updating to MacOS11 / BS could lead to audio glitches with specific applications. However, USB audio/MIDI function of our products is fully UAC2.0 compliant and should keep working under CoreAudio as before. I would advise to contact whoever makes OBS software as UMC204HD do not need drivers under MAC OS.
      • November 26, 2020
  • New
    Senne3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-27

Hi,

I've bought the UMC204 and connected my monitors with the main outs and that didn't work for me.

When i whent to the sound preferences on my laptop, i couldn't choose the main outputs, only the playback output 1-2 and 3-4.

picture below.

I've seen an installation video of the umc204 on youtube, and the person in the video could choose 'umc204' as the speakeroutput

This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DABJYUNY2jw

I have sound when i select output 1-2. But i don't think its the way it should. And i want the volume knop of the main outs to work. And infortunatly, I'm also having trouble with 'amplitube' since i bought this interface.

read more...
    0 337
    • Senne3
      RexBeckett Hi Senne3, the UMC204HD has four USB playback channels. These are sent, without any switching or level control, to the four Playback outputs. USB playback 1/2 is also fed through the monitor mixer to the Main outputs. The output level is controlled by the Main Out control and the mix of plackback/inputs is set with the Mix control. To hear only playback, turn Mix fully clockwise.

The attached block diagram may help you to understand the signal routing.
      • February 27, 2021
    • Senne3
      Senne3 Thanks RexBeckett, It's working. I've noticed now that 'Amplitube' is making everything confusing. When i restart my laptop, and turn the mix-knop to the right like you said, and connect the monitors to main out, everything works fine. But then when i open 'Amplitube', my sound stops. If i was playing a song in spotify, it stops when i open 'amplitube'. But now i know the problem is something with amplitube, and the UMC204 works fine.
      • February 27, 2021
      • UMC204 HD No sound with Main out, only with playback output
        RexBeckett There can be problems having two apps trying to use the same audio interface - especially if they are using different sample-rates. You may be able to get around this by using a software audio mixer to mix the sources and send the result to the interface. e.g. VoiceMeeter.
        • February 27, 2021
  • New
    DavidRakers2021
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-02

Hi, I hope there is someone out there to help :))

Just recently I started a new youtube channel and bought a Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB to connect to my MacBook Air (2017) which currently runs on MAcOS BigSur version 11.1.

The idea is to use the Q1202USB during life shows on Zoom and other platforms. Also to create podcasts etc. For that I use GarageBand since Im a fervent Apple user :))

I have tried everything to get sound into Garageband and Zoom. I have played around with Audi/Mini configuration and in system preferences / sound. I tried USB Audo CODEX and even tried a aggregated device. When I talk into my Sennheiser mic I see a response on the mixer, so the mixer is working well!!

I'm completly new in this area but need to step up. Who could help me step by step? Do I need to install driver software? If yes, what drivers exactly. I hope there are others who ecountered the same challenges and got it resolved.

Much appreciated and thank you so much!!!

PS Proud to be a member of this worldwide tribe :))

David

The Netherlands

read more...
    0 322
    • DavidRakers2021
      RexBeckett Hi David, check out the Privacy -> Microphone settings on your Mac. These need to be set to allow Zoom (and other apps) to access the audio inputs.
      • February 2, 2021
      • Conencting my MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) to Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB
        DavidRakers2021 Hi, I checked it and the right boxes are ticked for GarageBand and Zoom. Thank you for your time and comment.
        • February 3, 2021
    • DavidRakers2021
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. You do not need drivers for use with Mac OS, but you might have a routing issue. Take a look at this video that explains how the routing of your mixer works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bp9luuOQZY
      • February 2, 2021
        DavidRakers2021 Hi, I will check your advice link. Great to hear there are many who want to help. Will let you know what the outcome is and if I need some brain juice again
        • February 3, 2021
        DavidRakers2021 Yeahhhhhh so nice. It was just a matter of the routing what you mentioned The "To phones/ctrl RM" button is down and the "To main mix" is up and voila we have sound. Will be back when we will do. more complexed things such as with speakers and recorders. Again thank you.
        • ·
        • February 3, 2021
        KyleJohnson Glad to hear it!
        • February 3, 2021
    • DavidRakers2021
      DavidRakers2021 Hi Kyle, You helped me recently with the Routing. Thank you again. I have now a new challenge. I use a Zoom a lot. I use a headphone to listen plugged in the laptop and mic via the Behringer Q1202USB. However when I record on Zoom I hear myself talking but it does nit record the comments of the participants. What setting do I need to use on the mixer? Do I need FX to CTRL RM on?
      • March 1, 2021
        KyleJohnson You would need to assign the output of Zoom to be recorded by the software you are using for recording. This can be tricky. The mixer will not support sending the output of Zoom through the mixer back into the computer, so it needs to be done "in the box". I'd say look into something like Asio Link Pro which would allow you to route audio between programs. You could also connect from the phones output of the computer into an analog input on the mixer, and then feed that input through the mixer back into the computer.
        • March 1, 2021
  • miguelpeixoto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-19

My audio interface output is not calibrated between the left and the right channel and this happens on both stereo pair, I'm using windows 10. I've tried both drivers and its all the same. I 'am going to send the product to warranty but first i would like to know if there is a easy fix.

thanks

read more...
    0 320
    • miguelpeixoto
      RexBeckett There is a Balance control on Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback -> UMC204HD -> Properties -> Levels. Check that before assuming that the interface is defective.
      • August 19, 2020
      • Behringer umc 204hd stereo out from the pc is sounding  slightly to the left, both on output 1/2 and output 3/4
        miguelpeixoto I've checked that already , and it also has the same problem when using asio drivers , so i assume is not a windows audio thing.
        • August 19, 2020
    • miguelpeixoto
      DavidKnighton Hi miguelpeixoto,
      Depending on what you're using as playback music, there may indeed be an imbalance between left and right. Many albums during the golden days of music are very imbalanced. What I would suggest is to check all outputs using a single source from your computer, such as a 1K tone generator or Pink Noise. This way you know for sure all output channels are receiving identical signal.
      • August 19, 2020
      • Behringer umc 204hd stereo out from the pc is sounding  slightly to the left, both on output 1/2 and output 3/4
        miguelpeixoto Hi, I did that already, i've tested with a 1.5k and others freqs and also noise, thats when i came to the conclusion that the outputs were imbalanced, I also swap the cables on my monitors to see if it was my monitors problem but then the balance swapped too, instead of having more sound on the left i had it on the right so I was pretty sure it wasn't my speakers, but i also test the same thing with my headphones to confirm even more and the balance also swapped, so i'm pretty sure it's the interface's fault. Also tried on others pcs and it was the same. I think i will just send it to the warranty.
        • August 19, 2020
  • zogjohn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-13

I have loaded the latest firmware to my x32 rack, I have also downloaded the latest x32 Edit to my PC. When I try to connect to the x32 rack in x32 Edit it says I must update my firmware. I have already done that - to version 4.03.

0 318
    Caught exception: Specified column "level_id" is not in the row
Go to page