Statistics

180,738 members
49,542 posts
  • 2020-06-13
    Is everything working between the 2? I don't want to upgrade Logic Pro and lose the use of my X Touch. Thanks.
    0 59
    •  JD Atkinson
      Dave Morrison I have used LPX 10.5 with my X-Touch and X-Touch Extender. It seems to operate the same.
      • Jun 13
      • X Touch One & Logic Pro 10.5?
        JD Atkinson Thanks Dave. I have read on other forums that the bank select stopped working with the new LPX update.
        • Jun 22
    •  JD Atkinson
      ioguti07 Hey my XTouch keeps on disconnecting from Lpx everytime I navigate away from the window when I come back to Logic the control is not responsive any ideas ???
      • Jun 16
        Dave Morrison Under "Preferences : Control Surfaces". Is the "Bypass all while in Background" Checked?
        • Jun 19
    •  JD Atkinson
      shutteraxe So should the x touch be running in Mackie or HUI mode when using with Logic Pro X?
      • Jul 6
        Dave Morrison Mackie Control. Logic has the best implementation of MC on any DAW (probably because they wrote it).
        • Jul 6
    •  JD Atkinson
      shutteraxe I'm still having issues with the new Logic 10.5 and my X-touch. The X-touch doesn't show as officially supported. Also it's a bad sign that there have been no firmware updates in a long time for the X-touch
      • Jul 26
  • 2020-06-30
    The documentation shows that USB is supported in this mode. If I select MC mode I do have the USB option, and I can connect to my DAW in that mode. If I select Xctl/MC mode I only have Network and MIDI options and cannot connect to my DAW via USB. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
    read more...
    0 47
    •  Patrick Corrigan
      Dave Morrison In Xctl/MC Mode, The DAW is alway connected by USB; thus, there is no choice. The Xctl section has the choice of Network or MIDI DIN to connect to the mixer.
      • Jun 30
      • X-Touch No USB option in Xctl/MC Mode
        Patrick Corrigan MC is how I'm connecting to the DAW over USB. Xctl connects to my XR18. As I said, if I select MC only, I have a USB option, which connects to my DAW. If I select Xctl/MC, I only have Network and MIDI options, and I cannot communicate with my DAW via USB.
        • Jun 30
    •  Patrick Corrigan
      Dave Morrison I under standyour connection scheme and it is correct. If the system is working correctly in Xctl/MC mode, your DAW is supposed to connect using MC protocol over USB. The transport buttons will control the DAW and the faders change depending on SMPTE/beats button. If it's not working, something is wrong with your X-Touch.
      When you're in Xctl/MC mode can your computer see the USB device (you can check in "system report")?
      • Jun 30
    •  Patrick Corrigan
      Chris Janton Have you pressed the "SMPTE/BEATS" button on the right of the display? That switches from XCTL to MCU
      • Jul 17
  • 2020-06-19
    Hi! I recently bought an X-Touch Compact to control Cubase via MIDI (since I can't quite get used to the Mackie Control mode). The task of setting up all the Remote Controls in Cubase is hard and sometimes I feel that I am short of faders, buttons and encoders for so many functions to be controlled in Cubase. Controlling numerous MIDI and Audio tracks with the 8 tracks + Main that the X-Touch Compact has is no problem as you can assign several buttons to step to different VST pages with different track assignments, but I would like to know if there is any way in the X-Touch Compact to switch to a MIDI channel other than the default 1 without having to leave Cubase and go through the X-Touch Compact editor in order to take better advantage of the capabilities of this device. Greetings
    read more...
    0 42
  • 2020-07-06
    I have been using the X-Touch one with ProTools 2019.10 for over a year and it has been flawless... Some report it can be buggy with ProTools but thats not been the issue... I am using a Firewire Apollo Quad 8 which has its own console and everything started when I started up my PC this morning... I am using Windows 10 Version 1809 because Version 1903 & 1909 are causing all kinds of Audio issues but not for all.... I can hit the spacebar on my PC and the X-Touch will follow but the Bars & Beats numbers are jumping 15 at a time... The console for the Apollo is only used during recording not for mixdown so it is not being used... I have chased this all day , even did a system restore on my PC , which is a Sweetwater Creation Station CS-450 top of the line... Thanks for any help????
    read more...
    0 33
  • 2020-06-19
    The encoder assigns are not working on my X-Touch. They worked briefly before an update to 1.15 and since then they have not responded and i cannot change the assignment of them - it is stuck on Pan/Surround. Also within that, the knobs that control the encoders do not adjust the pan/surround settings. Is this a known issue? I am running it with Logic 10.4.8.
    read more...
    0 31
    • Gary Pennick
      Dave Morrison I should work fine with Logic. I have found that Logic gets confused. I just Click the icon for the Mackie Control (Control Surfaces : Setup) and delete it. This usually fixed the problem.
      • Jun 19
  • 2020-09-01

Hello, X-Touch how such a beautiful machine is not an editor? I'm looking for a way to map keys for cubase 10.5 so if you have any ideas i'm okay, because currently i have 73 keys out of 92 working. X-Touch on cubase 10.5 and Windows 10, I am in Mackie Controle USB mode, thank you for your help.

read more...
    0 27
    • Thierry91
      Dave Morrison The X-Touch has no programmability (aside from the different modes). The only place you can change a function is within the DAW. Look at how you can customize controls form within Cubase.
      • Sep 1
    • Thierry91
      Thierry91 It's a shame such a beautiful device not to be able to fully exploit it. I also wanted to take the X-touch Extender so I'm afraid it won't work and I can't do anything? And we can find someone to update the sysex for cubase on windows even paying? I programmed the keys with the generic periphery but it's the same with the button that works, no problem but the others don't work, not recognized.
      • Sep 2
      • X-touch
        Dave Morrison The X-Touch works very well with some software. Logic Pro X can use every button on the X-Touch and all the modifier keys. Cubase still has good support. Have you looked as custom shortcut keys within Cubase to. provide additional functionality?
        I also have and extender. It works well with Logic and is nearly useless when controlling my X32 mixer.
        • Sep 2
      • X-touch
        Thierry91 Yes I tried a manual manipulation in generic perephiric, but the key which does not work, it answers unknown. moreover when I do this the button does not light up anymore. I have no x32 unfortunately lack of space. That's why I would like to know if the extender will work.
        • Sep 2
    • Thierry91
      Thierry91 Sorry for my English, I take google translate because I speak French
      • Sep 2
    • Thierry91
      Thierry91 Shéma graphique
      • Sep 2
    • Thierry91
      Dave Morrison There are forum members who make vinyl overlays for the X-Touch so that the button label will match the button function. A search for "x-touch overlay" will reveal several good results.
      • Sep 2
      • X-touch
        Thierry91 Yes cool but the buttons that don't work will be useless. I tested on Studio One so other buttons work and no other lol. I wonder if this is not from Cubase. So I deduce that it must be possible to improve it.
        • ·
        • Sep 2
  • 2020-07-02
    Hello, I am using X-Touch with FW1.15 in Ableton live Suite 10, most of the time it works just fine, however there is some buggy behaviour. 1- Sometimes when I create a new track between tracks (Eg New track between Track 1 and 2) X-touch messes up, it is like it does not update the info correctly. For example new track would become track 2 and old track 2 would become track 3 but the controller still identifies new track 2 as old track 2. Saving and closing the project and reopening fixes this behaviour 2- Also sometime yo try to arm a track but the button does not light up (you can see it light up in ableton), deleting the track and undoing fixes this Anyone getting same behaviour?
    read more...
    0 19
  • 2020-06-22
    I have recently bought an X touch which I'm using to control Logic Pro x via USB, this works very well. I have been trying to connect it to my XR18 via ethernet. I can connect it directly though it usually takes a few attempts to get it to connect but if I try to route it through a network switch so I can run X Air Edit at the same time using the same settings it will not connect. All ethernet cables have been tested, firmware is up to date and I have tried this with a switch and with a router both with no success. I am able to connect it using 2 midi cables. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    read more...
    0 17
    • gmaudio
      Rex Beckett What settings are you using for the XR18 Setup -> LAN? Does your network switch have a DHCP Server function?
      • Jun 22
    • gmaudio
      gmaudio Hi, XR18 is set to DHCP server, I have tried this with both a router with DHCP Server function and with just a switch that doesn't, X Air edit on MacBook pro connects with either option.
      • Jun 22
    • gmaudio
      Rex Beckett Did you set the XTouch to DHCP mode? Does it find the XR18 IP address? Are you running XTouch firmware V1.5 (or later)?
      • Jun 22
    • gmaudio
      gmaudio Yes DHCP mode, it displays correct IP for XR18, I updated X touch firmware to V1.5 when I got it.
      • Jun 22
      • X Touch ethernet connection with XR18
        Rex Beckett If it finds the XR18, it sould connect and synchronize to the mixer settings. You could try setting the XTouch to a fixed IP address that is in the same subnet as the XR18. It shouldn't make any difference but...
        • Jun 22
    • gmaudio
      Nic Jones Hi GM Audio

We actually have a video on our KB channel on setting X-Touch and XR18 (In Wlan mode). What I would recommend is to check out the video and then apply the relative steps (Mainly the X-Touch setup) to your system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8lh9xggqi4
      • Jun 24
        gmaudio Thanks but this video is showing WLAN mode, I am trying to connect both X touch and a MacBook running X-Air Edit over LAN with no success. I currently have connected have X-Air Edit Connected successfully over LAN and the X-Touch using Midi cables and this works OK. I just want to get to the bottom of why it won't connect via LAN
        • Jul 1
        Nic Jones The setup Procedure is pretty much the same, except when connecting directly via LAN, you need to take the IP address for the X-Touch from the X-Air Edit application.

If you click setup it should be in the bottom right hand corner.

If you are still having issues then please can you open a technical support ticket by clicking "Support" at the top of the page.
        • Jul 3
  • 2020-09-14
    Hello,
    I just bought an xtouch controller, everything works but the faders do not line up. When starting LogicPro, some go to 0, and others go to -10db (while the software is indeed at 0). Is there a software or a manipulation that allows to calibrate them?
    thank you in advance
    read more...
    0 16
  • 2020-08-13

My Behringer X touch control surface won't even show up on my computer it was working just fine 

0 14
    • Brandoe1107
      Brandoe1107 Help me fix it please
      • Aug 13
    • Brandoe1107
      William Reichling Hello, Can you create a care ticket from the support tab above so we can troubleshoot this for you?
      • Aug 13
    • Brandoe1107
      Brandoe1107 I did so
      • Aug 13
    • Brandoe1107
      Brandoe1107 Case number in the picture
      • Aug 13
Go to page