Statistics

306,100 members
190,449 posts
  • Placebofx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-24

Here is what I have tried to set up. However it appears that everything goes into the effects loop and the input is closed.

read more...
    0 1,685
    • Placebofx
      Nigel67 Hi, hopefully following this link below to a KB article will answer your question.
      https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-US/knowledgebase/article/KA-02673
      • August 25, 2020
  • Lake
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-18
    • Lake
      RettichProd Every time I try and click on these links I get a 404 page. Do I need to download a piece of software?
      • August 18, 2021
  • MJX57
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-02
    I am searching the forum for an old thread that listed a solution to a freezing/locking and muting problem that the TC Electronic G Major 2 has been having. It appears that musictribe changed their web platform and now it wont list the old URL? Can someone please help either with finding the URL or reposting the solution? Apparently it has a faulty ribbon cable that attaches to the front display, but a user found a DIY soldering solution, if I remember correctly. The original URL was: https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Musician/G-major-2-freeze-and-locks-SOLUTION/td-p/97611/page/7 Thanks!
    read more...
    0 1,491
    • MJX57
      Nigel67 Hi MJX57. I hope this helps. If you go to this link, the topic you are after is the top one. On the top line, just after 'page', there is a down arrow. Click on this and 'cached' appears. Click on that and a new page appears. This is th ethread you were looking for but it is in a really strange format however the information you require is there if you scroll down. Hope this helps. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB815GB815&sxsrf=ALeKk03ellgDPnVc0qiA10w831NR_7d1Eg%3A1593701152876&ei=IPP9XuiXNdHXgQbcuqSgBg&q=tc+electronic+G+MAJOR+2+freeze+on+music+tribe+community&oq=tc+electronic+G+MAJOR+2+freeze+on+music+tribe+community&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoHCAAQRxCwAzoECCEQClD6_glYpaMKYNXYCmgBcAB4AIABXYgB7AiSAQIxNJgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjop-G4567qAhXRa8AKHVwdCWQQ4dUDCAw&uact=5
      • July 2, 2020
    • MJX57
      Nigel67 Copy and paste the above text into word or similar and you will get all the text. I will contact the web team with regards to
      the text falling off the page
      • July 2, 2020
      • G Major 2 Freeze and locks SOLUTION
        MJX57 Thanks, Nigel. I was able to access the cached version of the page. Any word on why old threads won't show up on the musictribe platform anymore?
        • July 2, 2020
    • MJX57
      Nigel67 I am not fully sure, I think it is because we have had to move to new servers and the links are broken. I will try and find out for you.
      • July 2, 2020
    • MJX57
      guitarplayer83 I have a g major 2 freezing up, but can not find the thread to repair it. Any help would be appreciated.
      • August 21, 2020
      • G Major 2 Freeze and locks SOLUTION
        Nigel67 Hi, I have been taking a look at some reports on the internet with regards this issue and it appears that the fault is normally the ribbon cable from the main board to the front board. I am guessing, that probably the pins are oxidising over time and thus becoming intermittant. With the unit switched off, you could try unplugging the connector and replugging a few times to see if that fixes the issue or try some deoxit on the pins. Unfortunately, if it is oxidisation, then it will re-appear at some time. An option to fix the issue once and for all, if it is the cable, would be to hard solder it to both pcbs or you could purchase replacement cable and mating connectors. Some people have mentioned IC holders, but I think on 99% of the time it has been the cable. Hope this helps.
        • August 24, 2020
  • jeronath
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-21

Hi everybody,

I am trying to find the last firmware update for my TC-Helicon VoiceLive Extreme 3 serial no 17735736. As I have read on a recent post it seems to be the build 366. I am a Linux user so I cannot use the voicesupport software existing for Win and Mac and need to download a file to make the update via an usb key.

Somebody knows where to get that file ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Nathanaël

read more...
    0 1,334
  • V61Church
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-02

Hey guys, I am trying to set a limiter on the Main Out of my XR18 to boost my stream broadcast mix and protect it from clipping. The only limiter FX on the XR18 is the 'Precision Limiter' which doesn't have a threshold to set. Does anyone know how this Precision Limiter works? Also, the GR meter doesn't engage on the Xair iPad app.

Are there any ways around this FX Plug in or anything I can do to have a make-shift Limiter on the XR18?

Feedback to Behringer on the XR18 - could you add another standard Limiter plugin on the XR18?

read more...
    0 1,246
    • V61Church
      RexBeckett The Precision Limiter does work in a strange way. I generally use the in-bus compressor. This has all the controls you would expect on a compressor/limiter.
      • October 2, 2020
  • New
    BobO_Donnell
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-11-03

Hello; thinking seriously about the Plethora X5 and wondering about expression pedals people have successfully used with it. In particular, I'm wondering if it only supports expression or one of the pedals that has a toe switch as well. If so, can you assign the toe switch to something or, for example, use it to switch between say a volume pedal mode or a wah pedal mode?

Any thoughts/experience appreciated.

Bob

read more...
    0 1,148
    • BobO_Donnell
      PedroRodrigues Hi you can effectively use an expression pedal or a toe switch with the PLETHORA X5 and you can connected via EXP as you can see on the picture below.
      Please have in to consideration that you will be able to control some features of a TonePrint App but you will not be able to controlled more than one TonePrint App Pedal
      • November 4, 2020
      • Best Expression Pedal for Plethora X5?
        BobO_Donnell Thanks for the note. Good to know that you can use an expression pedal or a switch, but my question is to confirm whether or not you could use both if an expression pedal has a toe switch built into it (as some of them do) or if it can only do one, in which case it would be cheaper to just buy an expression pedal that doesn't include the toe switch.
        • ·
        • November 4, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi BobO , my reply reflects your question that stated that the following "if it only supports expression or one of the pedals that has a toe switch as well." Never the less the unit was designed to work just with a expression pedal. Thank you
        • November 5, 2020
        BobO_Donnell Got it, thanks!
        • ·
        • November 5, 2020
  • GPL
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-01-08
    To anyone at TC's support. I understand that some of your Interfaces are breaking the 10 years barrier (Jeez, I have a Konnekt8 from 2006!), but, other brands still support their older prodcuts with regular updates. So, simple as that, is driver development for audio interfaces halted? We´ll have any other driver/firmware version for our audio interfaces so we can use them with the newer OS's?
    read more...
    1 1,106
    • GPL
      GPL (Really no one? Hagen, Thomas, Nicolaj?)
      • January 16, 2019
    • GPL
      visham It would be nice to hear from TC Electronic on this.

I am using an Impact Twin on Windows 10 (1809).
      • January 29, 2019
    • GPL
      nixx

Yes! I'd definitely like to see a new version of TC NEAR! I have talked my entire band into purchasing TC gear (we have a Konnekt 8, 24D and an Imapct Twin) and now I fear it'll stop working after the next OS update. Currently, we use Mac OS Mojave and Windows 10 (1809) and the interfaces seem to work fine. But it'd be great if there was official support for modern operating systems!

• February 21, 2019
    • GPL
      EricHopeSF

I would like to know, too! I've hung onto my old Konnekt 24d over the years, and would love to carry on using it, as it's STILL great, and offers features that most new interfaces do not! At the moment, I'm running it on a Mac with Mojave (with a Firewire 400 to 800 cable, and a Firewire 800 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter), and it IS still working, but I share the same concern: Will it continue to work when the new version of MacOS comes down the pike? Will the driver continue to be updated for a while? or will I need to start scoping out a new interface?

• July 8, 2019
    • GPL
      ronb

I just bought a (known working on XP) BCA2000 on the back of a Win 7 driver being listed on Behring's website (!!!!!)

It doesn't work, and as far as I can discover there NEVER WAS a working 64-bit driver.

I find this deception disgraceful and am considering taking it to the British Small Claims Court  under the COnsumer Protection Act.

Anyone know if I'm mistaken and a 64-bit Win7 BCA2000 driver DOES actually exist. and WORK?

• October 27, 2019
  • GEORGIADREAMER
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-18

I have just come upon the 'Duplicator.' I own the Harmony Singer 2 and I would appreciate it if someone who has or is using both would give me some information as to 'why' I might add the 'Duplicator' to my inventory. I also own a 'Mic Mechanic 2' as well as the Voice Live and VoiceLive Touch. I am 75 and have been playing since almost before electricity. I play acoustic 'enhanced guitar and other stringed instruments. Being 'plugged in' is a relatively new experience or me, but I love it and am an Ardent TC-Helicon user and owner. I  would appreciate your info. THANKS, Adriaan

read more...
    0 1,054
    • GEORGIADREAMER
      TCHelicon-Tad

Hey GeorgiaDreamer,

Well, I'm not sure if you have the first Voicelive Touch or one of the later iterations, but a Voicelive 2 could replicate almost all of those pedals at once. So, if you have a Voicelive 2, it might be redundant. But there's additional benefits of the device being smaller, newer, and dedicated to doing that one effect. 

If you have a very specific set you are planning, it could be much simpler and easier to use the three pedals rather than navigating through the Voicelive Menu system while performing. Additionally, what the Harmony Singer does is quite similar to the duplicator, but it's important to note that the Harmony Singer pedal can't emulate the Duplicator.

Harmony Singer will double your voice, but it will take those additional voices and modify the octave up or down. There is no option for unison mode, where the octave doesn't change. That's where the Duplicator comes in. It has EQ and compression built in, just like all of our pedals, so you're voice will sound better whether you use the effect or not. But, the Duplicator adds two more voices and lets you keep it at unison mode, send the voices up 1 and down 1 octave, or slightly shift the mode between octaves and unison until you find the right balance for you. Lastly, there is some pitch correction and reverb built into the duplicator, so there is some redundancy with the Mic Mechanic, but if you plug into the Mechanic first, then the duplicator or Singer, you shouldn't have any issues. 

Hope that helps!

• January 21, 2020
  • Zebrapup
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

I have a voodoo lab power supply. The supplies are 500 milliamperes. This plethora unit appears to be a 600 milliamperes draw. Will the voodoo lab voltage supply work with the plethora?

0 1,044
    • Zebrapup
      Nigel67 Hi Kevin, we do advise using a power supply with the correct specification. Using anything less, could affect the operation of the unit. Standard 5.5 / 2.1 mm 9 VDC, centre negative, > 600 mA (included)
      • October 11, 2020
    • Zebrapup
      betaray Hi You can use a cloks dc7 or the eventide powermax they can supply power up to 660ma that's what I use
      • October 20, 2020
    • Zebrapup
      MProvencher1

Anything less the 600ma will cause the unit to overheat and reboot constantly has been my experience.

• Jan 13
  • New
    radioinsectrecords
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-06

Greetings TC Electronic,

I am a proud owner of your wonderful device Studio Konnekt 48 (SK48) which I still find very useful after all these years. I’ve gone through the various driver upgrades in Windows including the 32bit to 64bit upgrade. However just recently by chance I noticed (in Device Manager) that the drivers Windows was using for my SK48 were 32-bits (below) even though I’ve already installed your 64-bit drivers years before.

1. C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\TCNear.sys
    2. C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\TCNearAudiosys
    3. C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\TCNearMidi.sys
    4. .......

I've found that my SK48 64-bit driver files were in “C:\Program Files\TC Electronic\TC Near

My question is how do I make Windows 10 use the SK48 64bit drivers above rather than the 32-bit ones ?

Your advise to this is kindly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Phil Mark

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 881
    • radioinsectrecords
      PedroRodrigues Hi radioinsectrecords, please consider that the Studio Konnekt 48 is a legacy unit and we have stopped releasing any resources for this unit for some time now therefore if you wish to keep using this unit will must do it on legacy operating system as this unit will not interface on any 64-bit platform. Thank you
      • March 7, 2021
Go to page