Statistics

242,825 members
119,216 posts
  • GPL
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-01-08
    To anyone at TC's support. I understand that some of your Interfaces are breaking the 10 years barrier (Jeez, I have a Konnekt8 from 2006!), but, other brands still support their older prodcuts with regular updates. So, simple as that, is driver development for audio interfaces halted? We´ll have any other driver/firmware version for our audio interfaces so we can use them with the newer OS's?
    read more...
    1 1,058
    • GPL
      GPL (Really no one? Hagen, Thomas, Nicolaj?)
      • January 16, 2019
    • GPL
      visham It would be nice to hear from TC Electronic on this.

I am using an Impact Twin on Windows 10 (1809).
      • January 29, 2019
    • GPL
      nixx

Yes! I'd definitely like to see a new version of TC NEAR! I have talked my entire band into purchasing TC gear (we have a Konnekt 8, 24D and an Imapct Twin) and now I fear it'll stop working after the next OS update. Currently, we use Mac OS Mojave and Windows 10 (1809) and the interfaces seem to work fine. But it'd be great if there was official support for modern operating systems!

• February 21, 2019
    • GPL
      EricHopeSF

I would like to know, too! I've hung onto my old Konnekt 24d over the years, and would love to carry on using it, as it's STILL great, and offers features that most new interfaces do not! At the moment, I'm running it on a Mac with Mojave (with a Firewire 400 to 800 cable, and a Firewire 800 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter), and it IS still working, but I share the same concern: Will it continue to work when the new version of MacOS comes down the pike? Will the driver continue to be updated for a while? or will I need to start scoping out a new interface?

• July 8, 2019
    • GPL
      ronb

I just bought a (known working on XP) BCA2000 on the back of a Win 7 driver being listed on Behring's website (!!!!!)

It doesn't work, and as far as I can discover there NEVER WAS a working 64-bit driver.

I find this deception disgraceful and am considering taking it to the British Small Claims Court  under the COnsumer Protection Act.

Anyone know if I'm mistaken and a 64-bit Win7 BCA2000 driver DOES actually exist. and WORK?

• October 27, 2019
  • MJX57
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-02
    I am searching the forum for an old thread that listed a solution to a freezing/locking and muting problem that the TC Electronic G Major 2 has been having. It appears that musictribe changed their web platform and now it wont list the old URL? Can someone please help either with finding the URL or reposting the solution? Apparently it has a faulty ribbon cable that attaches to the front display, but a user found a DIY soldering solution, if I remember correctly. The original URL was: https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Musician/G-major-2-freeze-and-locks-SOLUTION/td-p/97611/page/7 Thanks!
    read more...
    0 860
    • MJX57
      Nigel67 Hi MJX57. I hope this helps. If you go to this link, the topic you are after is the top one. On the top line, just after 'page', there is a down arrow. Click on this and 'cached' appears. Click on that and a new page appears. This is th ethread you were looking for but it is in a really strange format however the information you require is there if you scroll down. Hope this helps. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB815GB815&sxsrf=ALeKk03ellgDPnVc0qiA10w831NR_7d1Eg%3A1593701152876&ei=IPP9XuiXNdHXgQbcuqSgBg&q=tc+electronic+G+MAJOR+2+freeze+on+music+tribe+community&oq=tc+electronic+G+MAJOR+2+freeze+on+music+tribe+community&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoHCAAQRxCwAzoECCEQClD6_glYpaMKYNXYCmgBcAB4AIABXYgB7AiSAQIxNJgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjop-G4567qAhXRa8AKHVwdCWQQ4dUDCAw&uact=5
      • July 2, 2020
    • MJX57
      Nigel67 Copy and paste the above text into word or similar and you will get all the text. I will contact the web team with regards to
      the text falling off the page
      • July 2, 2020
      • G Major 2 Freeze and locks SOLUTION
        MJX57 Thanks, Nigel. I was able to access the cached version of the page. Any word on why old threads won't show up on the musictribe platform anymore?
        • July 2, 2020
    • MJX57
      Nigel67 I am not fully sure, I think it is because we have had to move to new servers and the links are broken. I will try and find out for you.
      • July 2, 2020
    • MJX57
      guitarplayer83 I have a g major 2 freezing up, but can not find the thread to repair it. Any help would be appreciated.
      • August 21, 2020
      • G Major 2 Freeze and locks SOLUTION
        Nigel67 Hi, I have been taking a look at some reports on the internet with regards this issue and it appears that the fault is normally the ribbon cable from the main board to the front board. I am guessing, that probably the pins are oxidising over time and thus becoming intermittant. With the unit switched off, you could try unplugging the connector and replugging a few times to see if that fixes the issue or try some deoxit on the pins. Unfortunately, if it is oxidisation, then it will re-appear at some time. An option to fix the issue once and for all, if it is the cable, would be to hard solder it to both pcbs or you could purchase replacement cable and mating connectors. Some people have mentioned IC holders, but I think on 99% of the time it has been the cable. Hope this helps.
        • August 24, 2020
  • Zebrapup
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

I have a voodoo lab power supply. The supplies are 500 milliamperes. This plethora unit appears to be a 600 milliamperes draw. Will the voodoo lab voltage supply work with the plethora?

0 567
    • Zebrapup
      Nigel67 Hi Kevin, we do advise using a power supply with the correct specification. Using anything less, could affect the operation of the unit. Standard 5.5 / 2.1 mm 9 VDC, centre negative, > 600 mA (included)
      • October 11, 2020
    • Zebrapup
      betaray Hi You can use a cloks dc7 or the eventide powermax they can supply power up to 660ma that's what I use
      • October 20, 2020
  • Cyrill
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-11

Does anyone have a user manuel, operating manual and/or service manual or the TC 1140 HS or TC 2240 param eq/preamp? I'm wondering what the internal switch on the preamp curcuit board serves for. 

0 437
  • bettsaj
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-10

Simple question really... I already have a G-Force which has good delays, however I have this urge to buy a D-Two... Is there any benefit in buying a D-two if I already have a G-force? are the delays any better?

I play in a Floyd Tribute, and like the idea of running one delay into another (Run Like Hell for example was originally done like that, I currently have the G-Force set up with a dual delay with two different delay times to recreate Run Like Hell)

read more...
    0 433
    • bettsaj
      TC-Mike

the D-Two has some delay types the G-force doesn't have, most notable the Rhythm Tap multi tap delay, but you are already well stocked with your existing G-Force and it's possibilities.

If you want to expand on the G-Force delay sounds you might also consider our Flashback 2 pedal instead which has TC latest algos like  proper Tape and Analog BBD Delay emulations , Crystal delays (Shimmer type delay with an Octaver up in the feedback path) + Modulated delay where you can choose between Chorus, Flanger and Vibrato modulations on the delay repeats+ MASH technology, which is a pressure sensor build into the foot switch for realtime mangling of FX parameters. 

Further more you can customise you own delays via the Toneprint editor and program which parameters the potmeters or the MASH switch should control.. (including parameter ranges and control of up to 3 parameters at the same time.

And it also has a Looper build in...(20 seconds stereo, 40 seconds mono recording time)

More infos can be found here:
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/FLASHBACK-2-DELAY/p/P0CKR#googtrans(en|en)

Here is a screenshot of the editor to give you and idea of the parameters you can tweak:

Tape delay:
      fb2 editor example tape echo.PNG

In the mapping window of the editor you can customise what parameters the pots should control and then store your custom toneprints in the pedal:

fb2 editor custom mapping of potmeters.PNG

You can also just use the toneprint library of our many artist toneprints giving you a wide variety of great delay and echo tones ranging to snappy Slap back delays to long ambient delays with a max delaytime of up to 7! seconds in pristine quality.

fb2 editor artist toneprint.PNG

Hope this help and let me know if you have further questions.

Best,

Mike

• June 11, 2019
    • bettsaj
      bettsaj

Hi Mike,

The Flashback 2 looks good, and the fact it can reproduce a Binsen is very interesting to me. There is one issue, although it can store 3 user "patches" there's no way of recalling these remotely via midi..... Is this something that will maybe looked into as an update in the future? All my pedals are off the floor in a pedal draw in my rack, and therefore a pedal like the Flashback 2 is great, but not much use if I can't select between the 3 stored user delays.

I could ustilise it as just a Binsen clone, but i feel I wouldn't be getting the full use out of it, which it deserves.

Andy

• June 12, 2019
    • bettsaj
      TC-Mike

Hi Andy,

remote selection of settings  is not possible to implement with the FB2  . it is theoretically possible to do USB midi control, but that doesn't make too much sense in a pedalboard setting,as you'll need a laptop and DAW to send Midi commands .  If features like presets on top of Toneprint slots + full midi implementation (midi sync + remote control of potmeters) are important, then i'm happy to report we already looked into this, but this is all i can say at this point of time unfortunately.   

• June 12, 2019
    • bettsaj
      Dreams Hi, I would go for the D-Two, the delays in the D-Two is more than excellent sounding, but I guess it is "individual taste". I have the G-Force as well, and bought the D-Two after experiencing it in a studio.
      • July 15, 2020
  • jongold
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-20

My licences seem to have disappeared on my TC 6000. I need a new restore code.

What the hell is the support phone number?

0 406
    • jongold
      TC-Mike

Dear Jon,

Support phone numbers are currently switched off for the time being

See: 

https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/tce/en_US/System-6000-MKII-Protected-Data-has-been-destroyed-228308148

Please get in touch with our care team via mail and provide the needed infos as per the FAQ above.

Since you also PM me, i have send your detail to my colleagues from the PRO team and they'll get in touch (via your registered mail) with you regarding needed serial etc.. 

Best regards from the TC tribers,

Mike

• October 20, 2019
    • jongold
      PedroRodrigues

Hi Jon

Like Mike mention Phones are currently disconected so any support has to be done via the community, please see the link below:

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CarePortal

This will allow you to manage and monitor your requests for assitance and of course allows us to send you resources direcly via e-mail.

Regarding your licenses when you submit the ticket please send the serial number of your Main Frame and adress that ticket to me so I can provide a quicker answer.

Thank you for your contact 

Best Regards from the TC Tribers.

Pedro

• November 10, 2019
    • jongold
      CEB

Hi I have the exact same problem, we lost the master bundle we are on a big broadcast show and we are in trouble, but the phone number does not work! Is it possible to get help pretty fast?

• January 8, 2020
    • jongold
      bunbun

Hi I have the exact same problem. I sent an email to [email protected] it possible to get help pretty fast?

• March 1, 2020
    • jongold
      PedroRodrigues

Hi BunBun

As I mention before any support has to be done via the community, please see the link below:

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CarePortal

This will allow you to manage and monitor your requests for assistance and of course allows us to send you resources directly via e-mail.

Regarding your licenses when you submit the ticket please send the serial number of your Main Frame and adress that ticket to me so I can provide a quicker answer.

Thank you for your contact

Best Regards from the TC Tribers.

Pedro

• March 2, 2020
      • TC System 6000 Protected data has been destroyed
        paullinford Hi Pedro, I sent a request previously, but have done so again. Case Number CAS-115966-K0K5L3
        • ·
        • July 1, 2020
      • TC System 6000 Protected data has been destroyed
        PedroRodrigues Hi paullinford I will look it to your case,thank you
        • July 1, 2020
  • LarryBonare
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-09

What is the main application for this reverb? I wants to buy one but need to know for sure what to use it for.

0 300
    • LarryBonare
      Paul_Vannatto

@LarryBonare wrote:

What is the main application for this reverb? I wants to buy one but need to know for sure what to use it for.

Hi Larry,

Good to see you again. Don't know anything about this reverb. Just wanted to say hi.

• July 9, 2019
    • LarryBonare
      TC-Mike

Hi Larry,

the Reverb 4000 is a very versatile Reverb unit that includes all TC Reverb algos from the system 6000.(Vss3 , Vss4, DVR 2, Non Lin2 , Reverb4, Ambiator)

Wether you want crisp short rooms for drums,  lush long reverbs for vocals or realistic simulations of acoustic spaces, the Reverb 4000 has you covered. 

I recommend to try one out at your dealer of choice  one or watch some videos online , so you get a better idea about features and most important: the sound.

The manual can be found here:

http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/218221/tc_electronic_reverb_4000_manual_english.pdf

Demo video from youtube: (just to get an idea) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_P49g3ruTo

Best regard from the Tc people,

Mike

• July 15, 2019
  • paulvroberts
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-01

Foolishly I have dropped my TC M3000 and the rotary selector control has snapped off.

Does anyone know if I can get a replacement for it?

Very best  Paul

0 286
  • RooMcKeller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-07

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem sending midi program change data to my TC Electronic D-Two delay unit from Ableton. I'm using automation to change the program change numbers. Although the unit registers the data, as soon as the preset changes, it instantly reverts back to preset 1. It's also the same with bank changes, immediately back to factory bank. I've not come across this before & was wondering if anyone else has seen this? I also have the D-Two synced up to Ableton's tempo with midi timecode & that's working perfectly though. I just need to figure out how to change presets. It should be a simple process, but for some reason the D-Two isn't happy.

read more...
    0 254
    • RooMcKeller
      TC-Claus

Hi RooMcKeller,

This is from the Manual ... could that be causing the issue ?

Program bank

Determines which bank an external MIDI device will address in the D•TWO when sending a program change. The options are: Factory, User or External. When External is selected controller #32 can be used to address either the Factory or the User bank.

Factory bank: Controller #32=0

User bank: Controller #32=1

All the best from

Claus

• October 7, 2019
    • RooMcKeller
      TC-Mike

Hi does itmake a difference if you use Midi clips with Prg change data ?

ableton Prg change.png

Check also this article for more infos:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070489-How-to-send-Program-Change-messages-from-Live

• October 16, 2019
  • studiomilad
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-12
    hello help
    0 254
Go to page