Statistics

267,861 members
147,371 posts
  • LarryBonare
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-09

What is the main application for this reverb? I wants to buy one but need to know for sure what to use it for.

0 316
    • LarryBonare
      Paul_Vannatto

@LarryBonare wrote:

What is the main application for this reverb? I wants to buy one but need to know for sure what to use it for.

Hi Larry,

Good to see you again. Don't know anything about this reverb. Just wanted to say hi.

• July 9, 2019
    • LarryBonare
      TC-Mike

Hi Larry,

the Reverb 4000 is a very versatile Reverb unit that includes all TC Reverb algos from the system 6000.(Vss3 , Vss4, DVR 2, Non Lin2 , Reverb4, Ambiator)

Wether you want crisp short rooms for drums,  lush long reverbs for vocals or realistic simulations of acoustic spaces, the Reverb 4000 has you covered. 

I recommend to try one out at your dealer of choice  one or watch some videos online , so you get a better idea about features and most important: the sound.

The manual can be found here:

http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/218221/tc_electronic_reverb_4000_manual_english.pdf

Demo video from youtube: (just to get an idea) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_P49g3ruTo

Best regard from the Tc people,

Mike

• July 15, 2019
  • New
    John-PierreConq
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-15

I can't even begin to express my huge disappointment for what should have been a very promising product. The Plethora X5 SHOULD have been a great product, and when it was first released it seemed like TC's engineers were hard at work on implementing improvements and features in frequent firmware updates.

Now - nothing.

No new firmware updates in over a year.

No responses to my emails.

Radio silence on every Plethora thread on the forum.

No MIDI clock.

No standalone tap tempo.

No improvements to subpar Corona Chorus, Viscous Vibe and Flashback Delay sounds.

At this point the Plethora seems to be abandonware. I'm not expecting we will see any more updates to this product, and that's a real shame.

read more...
    3 301
    • John-PierreConq
      PedroRodrigues Hi John-PierreConq, thank you for your post, please follow the link below to access the latest FW version 1.2 released on the 16 Sept 2021
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D9M .
      Please provide the case numbers where you did not receive any reply so we can analyse what happened.
      Regarding the Plethora X5 or even any other unit we have released over the years, we always kept working hard and depositing the same commitment, the same love and enthusiasm since day one and we will keep developing more tools for all our active units. For last we continuously analyse all the functions request and tools suggested by our customer and after a viability analysis we always try to include them on future updates.
      Thank you
      • November 16, 2021
    • John-PierreConq
      CSurieux PedroRodrigues thanks but the 16 Sept 2021 is only a 'cosmetic' update on a version that was lasting from 18 Dec 2020. The Release notes of this Sept version curiously contains no information on what has been changed, or I can't find it, all concerns the Dec 2020 version !!!
      Sorry but we were expecting more than just a new date on the file and a new subversion.
      • November 16, 2021
    • John-PierreConq
      PedroRodrigues Hi John and CSurieux

I completely understand what you mean but worry not, we haven’t abandoned the Plethora X5 and we have a new update currently in the works which we hope to release very soon.

Due to unfortunate challenges during supply chain difficulties that everyone in the industry has been facing over the past year, some of our engineering resources have been tied up on unforeseen emergency tasks which has unfortunately caused delays on the update development and release.

Thank you for the feedback, new stuff is on the way.
      • November 17, 2021
    • John-PierreConq
      BibsJ Thanks Pedro, looking forward to the new update!
      • December 15, 2021
  • RooMcKeller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-07

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem sending midi program change data to my TC Electronic D-Two delay unit from Ableton. I'm using automation to change the program change numbers. Although the unit registers the data, as soon as the preset changes, it instantly reverts back to preset 1. It's also the same with bank changes, immediately back to factory bank. I've not come across this before & was wondering if anyone else has seen this? I also have the D-Two synced up to Ableton's tempo with midi timecode & that's working perfectly though. I just need to figure out how to change presets. It should be a simple process, but for some reason the D-Two isn't happy.

read more...
    0 274
    • RooMcKeller
      TC-Claus

Hi RooMcKeller,

This is from the Manual ... could that be causing the issue ?

Program bank

Determines which bank an external MIDI device will address in the D•TWO when sending a program change. The options are: Factory, User or External. When External is selected controller #32 can be used to address either the Factory or the User bank.

Factory bank: Controller #32=0

User bank: Controller #32=1

All the best from

Claus

• October 7, 2019
    • RooMcKeller
      TC-Mike

Hi does itmake a difference if you use Midi clips with Prg change data ?

ableton Prg change.png

Check also this article for more infos:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070489-How-to-send-Program-Change-messages-from-Live

• October 16, 2019
  • studiomilad
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-12
    hello help
    0 268
  • Sphere
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-04

I need to talk to some one about upgrade liscense's. It is frustrating not getting to talk to a human. Does anybody have any suggestions?

0 234
    • Sphere
      KenMitchell

Hi Duncan ( @Sphere ), 

Welcome to the community.  The only way to contact Support is through the CARE portal. I'd recommend you open a support ticket, explain to them your situation, and in that ticket ask them to call you.  

https://www.tcelectronic.com/brand/tcelectronic/support#googtrans(en|en)

Hope this helps,

Ken

• December 4, 2019
    • Sphere
      Sphere

Yes, tried that. It seems to be down right now for new tickets. Does anybody have a number they know of I could call. I have had the run around for 2 weeks. 

• December 4, 2019
    • Sphere
      PedroRodrigues

@Sphere Thank you for your contact.

Im sorry for any inconvinience,we are here to help and assit on anything you require.

In regard to your question there are two separted points regarding licenses when you update System 6000 to the MKII version

1-Any active licenses present on the  MKI Frame will be also present on the MKII upgraded version

2- Upon update we offer two new licenses to our customers:

first we offer the Integrator license to allow our customer to integrate the MKII unit with a DAW 

second we offer a license that the customer can choose from the following list:

1. Stereo Mastering

2. Multichannel Mastering

3. Stereo Reverb:

4. Multichannel Reverb

5. LM6

6. AM6

7. Reverb 8

8. Engage

9. Unwrap

10. Back Drop

11. Live AID

12. VP8 Vari Pitch

If you efectively decide to go foward with your upgarde request the next step would be to open a new ticket via community.musictribe.com for that just press SUPPORT on the top part of the page and Log-in or Register.

I would also sugest to view the  "How to create a care ticket" to have an overview on the matter.

I hope this would help you answering yoru questions and you if you any more queries please feel free to contact us via the ticket system mentioned above 

Thank you very much for your contact.

Wish you all the best

Pedro

TC Electronic

• December 4, 2019
  • Jason007
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-06

Could someone point me to the last Firmware update. Couldnt find it on the official Page ? Cheers Jason

2 232
    • Jason007
      VRN

Don't know what the latest is or where to find, but mine - fresh out of the box half an hour ago- has v. 1.0.101 installed.

>V<

• April 8, 2020
    • Jason007
      Jason007

yes, same here. Version 1.1 will be out later this week i had been told 

• April 8, 2020
    • Jason007
      littlejohn

Hi, maybe a stupid qsuestion, but where can we download the newest software ?  It seems that the tuner is not installed on mine.  I just recieved it  a few days ago.  Thx.  Johan

• April 8, 2020
    • Jason007
      TouringBubble

Cross posting from the main thread on the Guitars and Basses forum ... From TC Mike

"

Hi guys, 

please updatre to 1.1 firmware.. It will be available after easter on the TC webpage, but i have a downlooadlink here:   ( it is the release version) It adds  a chromatic tuner  , board organizer (via app) and bugfixes ...

PLETHORA x5 1.1 (build 43) firmware update 

Toneprint  app 4.3.00 with support for board organizer:

Mobile versions will be available via Testflight and Gogle play store.later this week.

HOW TO UPDATRE PLETHORA FIRMWARE:

•          Download th latest Plethora firmware .bin file from the provided download liunk aboive

•          Unzip the plethoraX5_1_1_43.bin Firmware file and save it on your computer

•          connect your Plethora X5 to your computer via the included USB cable

•          Plethora will show up on your computer as a device and you just drag and drop the unzipped
                 PlethoraX5_1_43.bin firmware file into the Plethora folder on your computer

•          disconnect USB cable

•          power cycle your Plethora and wait for the firmware upload to finish

•          done – your Plethora X5 is now updated to the latest firmware J

You can check the firmware version in stalled in Plethora’s SETTINGS/GLOBAL/ABOUT menu.

the  Toneprint app 4.3.00  supports Plethora’s new BOARD organizer feature that allows you to change the order of your boards via drag’n drop and rename your boards.

Loading and editing Toneprints of the selected Plethora slot still happens via app’s template,  artist library and user Toneprint views.

TUNER can be activated by either pressing and holding TONEPRINT push-encoder or triple clicking footswitch 3 (can be disabled in GLOBAL SETTINGS)

Best regards,
      Mike"

• April 13, 2020
  • New
    ruezz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Hello,

This might come across as a dumb question, but can someone please tell me the original actual cabinets that the cab sim options on the X5 are supposed to be simulating?

I see the list of cab sims, but as a novice, I would love to know what style of cabs these are supposed to be simulating. 

Jose 30, Vintage, Creamy, 65, Greenery, Bluey, Golden?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 230
    • ruezz
      PedroRodrigues Hi ruezz please be aware that the new 1.2 firmware offers NEW CAB SIMS.
      This update added 9 new speaker cab simulations using a proprietary method, unique to Plethora X5. These cab sims let you transform your pedalboard into a DI ready rig for connection to a PA or recording interface.

• Jose 30 4x12
      • Vintage 4x12
      • Creamy 4x12
      • 65 4x12
      • Greenery 4x12
      • Bluey 2x12
      • Creamy 1x12
      • Golden 1x12
      • BASS 1x15

This is a GLOBAL setting and the CAB SIM will always be on, at the end of Plethora’s signal chain, whilst activated. To select a cab model and activate/deactivate, navigate to SETTINGS > GLOBAL > PRODUCT SETTINGS > CAB SIMULATION
      • January 25, 2021
    • ruezz
      ruezz Pedro, Thanks for the reponse. But I have already located the Cab Sims, i wanted to know what each setting is based off of. Fendder Open back? Marshall? Mesa Boogie? Celsestion Speakers? etc.
      • February 21, 2021
  • pvautour
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-21

I am not getting any sound out of user preset 3, and as a result am unable to upload/BEAM my chosen TonePrint to it.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Phillip

0 217
    • pvautour
      TC-Rasmus

Hi pvautour

The TonePrint in TonePrint Slot 3 is a volume swell effect, you need to MASH to get any sound out of the pedal. You can see it used right here: https://youtu.be/oEmVMT3VRpc?t=406

As for loading TonePrints, if you have a newer phone than iPhone 6, you need to use the top speaker in your phone, or hook the pedal up to a computer and use the TonePrint app. Here's a video on how to beam toneprints with newer phones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neLAtbp-nRI

Hope this helps

• December 29, 2019
  • markflip
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-18

Hello, I've seen this topic come up a bit with similar requests for nova system but I don't see a current thread so I'm starting a new one. I bought a G system about 6 or more years ago and found it pretty deep to fully understand and at the time I just set it in a box and opted for my analog pedal rig that I had built. I recently joined a new band playing all original music and I felt it was time for a change of my tone and pulled out the G system again. 

I have to say thank you to Laird and his incredibly useful and way overachieved (in a good way) unofficial manual, I now feel I have a pretty good grasp of whats going on in that thing. I have it connected the 4 cable method through the preamp loop on my fender blues deville 4x10 amp and it sounds really fricken good.

Here's the problem, the band I play in has a drummer with an electronic kit and he keeps pushing for total volume control of our entire band so he is anti amps on stage. I tried to push back as much as possible but I am seeing the merit of not having to lug that amp from show to show. There is also a lot of new equipment out there and I was wondering if anybody has a good combination of a preamp and amp/cab simulators that could be wired in the 4 cable manor on the G so that the final output goes straight to a PA with no actual amp producing sound on stage?

The way I would see this happening is that I would have a preamp pedal running through the insert loop on the G, then the out of the G would go into an amp/cab simulator that would go to the PA. Ideally the simulator would have XLR outputs? Does such a thing exist? And to take it one more step, I would like to go stereo out so I may have to have 2 identical amp/cab simulators.

Does anyone have any successful experience with a setup like this and any hardware recommendations would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 214
    • markflip
      markflip

Don't everybody rush in all at once here! Take turns please?

• September 22, 2019
    • markflip
      DaveMorrison

@markflip 

The Sansamp's amp simulation is pretty good. I've used one forever.

• September 22, 2019
    • markflip
      markflip

Well I was hoping to have more feedback from the community but I spent a lot of time researching preamps and I found one that I think will be ideal. I wanted to share my find incase this question comes up again.

I purchased a https://www.two-notes.com/le-clean preamp today and once I get it in and hooked up and tweaked I will report back. I have high hopes that this will be the ultimate solution.

Two-notes makes several preamp models, I went with the le-clean because it's said to mimic American style tube amps and I am trying to replace a Fender Blues Deville 4x10 combo.

What sold me on the two-notes is a couple things;

• There is an effects loop that is inserted after the preamp

• I plan to connect the send on the G to the input on the Pre, the out on the Pre to the return on the G, the out on the G to the return on the Pre, then go XLR out of the Pre into the mixer, Viola the 4 cable method!

• There is a cabinet simulator (preset for the model, no adjustment) after the fx loop return

• this is a good starting point to have amp like sound with only one device

• They also have a software driven cabinet simulator that can be inserted after the le-clean as an upgrade down the line (if needed)

• The preamp is 2 channel and it can be selected through MIDI commands

• both channels are true tube circuitry!

I also looked at the https://www.effectrode.com/products/effects-pedals/blackbird-vacuum-tube-preamp/ but the price is a bit more than I was willing to dish out at this time. I would also need more hardware to get the cabinet emulation and DI to the mixer. If you have the cash though this is an awesome unit. It is also 2 channel and there is a channel select jack that you could wire into the relays on the G...

• September 23, 2019
  • Theolinho
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-19

Hi Folks,

since yesterday my g-system has the green screen of death.

Tried a new cat5 cable, doesn´t work. The both lamps (PWR and link) doesn´t shine.

The loop pedals getting power.

Has anybody a proper solution? How can i reset (tried already the filter/comp combination during powering, nothing happend, only the version number is shown)?

What can i do????

read more...
    0 212
    • Theolinho
      TC-Mike

Hi theo,

please get in touch with our support team. This sounds like a potential hardware related issue that might need service.

You can contact our support team vi the link below:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/brand/tcelectronic/support#googtrans(en|en)

Best,

Mike

• September 23, 2019
    • Theolinho
      Skycold

Hello Theo. I'm experiencing a similar issue with my G-System iB Modified, I have a Green Screen and I tried the filter/comp combination and the system shows the message "AVR Boot V1.01" "0x00/0x00", the loop pedals getting power, also the red power led in the GFX01. But the blue link led doesn't shine.Thanks in advance.

• July 23, 2021
Go to page