Statistics

267,854 members
147,363 posts
  • dpnelson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-25

Just got the X5 and love it. Can't wait for a looper and phaser. Are there any wah-sounding filtering available on it?

A few questions:

1. I am having trouble understanding how to use the Toneprint editor. I have it on my Macbook and my iPhone. It has the basic templates, but I can't figure out how to access their settings and modify parameters. Does it need to be connected to the pedal to edit it?
    2. If I find a Toneprint template I like on a pedal that isn't in the plethora, say the Flashback 4x or even the Helix, can I use it in the Plethora? Or do I need to just use the prints that are in the pedal options under the Plethora library?
    3. Under the delay templates, there are a few that are named with "4+8." Is the period at the end meaning a dotted eighth note, meaning it's a quarter note with a dotted eighth note as well? Stereo? Maybe the quarter going left and the dotted eighth going right? If not, how do I get such a thing. My favorite delay setting on any pedal I ever had was the dotted eighth on the Nova Delay (I was disappointed it wasn't on the Nova System).

Finally, I play classic country-blues sounding American rock and some funk. Do you have any artists that go in that direction (as opposed to metal or ambient)? If so, can you recommend some tone print artists?

read more...
    1 209
    • dpnelson
      dpnelson Also, I have a newer Macbook with USB C. I can't connect my Plethroa. I tried to connect using Bluetooth (like I can on my phone), but that doesn't work. I guess I need an adaptor?
      • August 24, 2020
    • dpnelson
      dpnelson Global Tempo. It would be nice to be able to have my modulation in time with my delay. I liked that on the Nova System. Any way to get that here? I liked the division system. So if the beat is in 4, and the delay is in 4, I could have a dotted eighth note tremolo inside that, at the same tempo. Or vice versa. Same with phaser (once it comes in).
      • August 25, 2020
    • dpnelson
      snaarman I'm using a Pixel phone with USB C and it will connect to the Plethora. In my case I have a charger/mem stick adapter in line with the phone, and the plethora connects from an old style USB A.
      • August 25, 2020
    • dpnelson
      KensukeFujita Hi dpnelson,

I answer your question.

1. There are two ways to use TonePrint Editor.
      The method using Bluetooth and the method using USB.

-To connect via Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth on your devicew which connect and press SETTINGS>GROBAL>BLUETOOTH>CONNECT on Plethora.
      After that, open TonePrint App, press the gear mark on the upper right, press Connect to a bluetooth enable pedal, and select the corresponding device.
      This completes the connection and allows you to use countless Artist TonePrint and TonePrint Templates.

-To connect via USB, connect Plethora to PC/Mac via USB and open TonePrint Editor.
      If it is connected successfully, Plethora in TonePrint Editor will be highlighted with a blue frame.
      In this case, please update Plethora's firmware to the latest version and download and use the new version of TonePrint Editor.

Once you can connect to ToenPrint Editor, you can edit the detailed parameters by selecting Plethora from Template, selecting the desired Template of the effect you want to use, and selecting the pencil mark in the upper right.

Here's a quick tutorial video for using toneprints...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJelHAoGTII&t=337s

2. Of course you can use it. Some TonePrints may not work with Plethora at now, but basically most artist tone prints work with Plethora.Please take a look at the TonePrint App.

3. Yes, “8.” means a dotted eighth note. When using the “4+8.” template, if it is Mono connection, both subdivision delays will be mixed and output as “Dual Delay”.
      If you connect a cable to the STEREO output, the first subdivision (quarter note in this case) will be output from STEREO, and the dotted octave delay will be output from the MONO side. This of course can be adjusted with your favorite settings using TonePrint Editor.

We cannot guide you to a specific TonePrints because TonePrint has many personal favorite for each people, but please check Artist TonePrint of TonePrint App.
      You may have your favorite artist on the list.

Hope this helps

Best
      Ken
      • August 25, 2020
      • Toneprint with Plethora
        dpnelson I can't get any of the Helix toneprints onto my Plethora. It seems like I can just do the ones for the pedals on the Plethora.

What is the difference between choosing "Insert FX Loop" as one of the pedals vs. assigning the "FX loop insert" on the board settings? If it's the same thing, why would I choose to take up one of the five slots as the insert point when I can just insert between?

Global tap tempo. Can I sync my delay with my tremolo (and other mod FX)? I could do it on the Nova System, it'd be nice to do it here.
        • August 26, 2020
      • Toneprint with Plethora
        KensukeFujita Hi dpnelson,

Thanks for your reply.
        Please see the answer below.

1. Unfortunately, Currently FW ver.1.1.52 not include Helix Phaser, so You can't load these TonePrints.
        But next update ver.1.2 will include Helix Phaser and Viscous Vibe and It will be available soon.
        please join Plethora X5 FB group for more 1.2 Beta related info.

2. Insert FX loop and FX Loop Insert has different fertures.

-Using Insert FX Loop is surcrificed one of FX slot but you can ON and OFF FX loop via footswitch if you like.
        This is so useful when you use one or two pedal in FX loop because you can ON or OFF in FX loop pedal via Plethora's footswitch.

-Using FX Loop Insert doesn't surcrificed any FX slot and you can use FX Loop between each FX slot if you like. However You can't ON and OFF FX Loop via footswitch in Plethora.You need to turn off or on each Drive Pedal(or something) in the FX loop depending on the situation.
        This useful any situation if you using a lot of pedals in FX Loop and you want to select and on/off each pedal.
        and also this useful when you using Plethora for 4 cable method.

3. Unfortunately, Pleathora not has grobal Tap tempo at the moment.
        however I will be passing this request to our Dev team.

All the Best
        Ken
        • August 26, 2020
  • New
    radioinsectrecords
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-06

Greetings TC Electronic,

I am a proud owner of your wonderful device Studio Konnekt 48 (SK48) which I still find very useful after all these years. I’ve gone through the various driver upgrades in Windows including the 32bit to 64bit upgrade. However just recently by chance I noticed (in Device Manager) that the drivers Windows was using for my SK48 were 32-bits (below) even though I’ve already installed your 64-bit drivers years before.

1. C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\TCNear.sys
    2. C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\TCNearAudiosys
    3. C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\TCNearMidi.sys
    4. .......

I've found that my SK48 64-bit driver files were in “C:\Program Files\TC Electronic\TC Near

My question is how do I make Windows 10 use the SK48 64bit drivers above rather than the 32-bit ones ?

Your advise to this is kindly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Phil Mark

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 208
    • radioinsectrecords
      PedroRodrigues Hi radioinsectrecords, please consider that the Studio Konnekt 48 is a legacy unit and we have stopped releasing any resources for this unit for some time now therefore if you wish to keep using this unit will must do it on legacy operating system as this unit will not interface on any 64-bit platform. Thank you
      • March 7, 2021
  • BirdmanKew
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-16
    Hello, I have tried to post this about a month ago or so but can't find this discussion any longer, hence my second attempt. I would like to start off with saying that in general I really, really like the Plethora X5 pedal. Had to wait for it for quite a while after placing my pre-order, but the wait was worth it. The flexibility of the Plethora X5 is fantastic. There are a few features I am missing in the current configuration (I have V1.1.52 installed on my pedal). So here is my "wishlist": - Helix Phaser and Viscous Vibe are absolute must-have additions which I miss dearly at this moment. For now I’ll get by this shortcoming by using both pedals in the FX loop of Plethora, but it defeats the purpose of having an “all in one” pedal which was supposed to have these type of pedals already when it came onto the market; I've heard rumblings that Viscous Vibe is supposed to be included with the upcoming V1.2 release, but can't find any particular timeline or targeted release date posted anywhere... - Body Rez would be a great addition - A wha pedal for use with the expression pedal would be great, incl. auto wha options etc. Now to the annoying aspects which I really hope can be fixed fairly soon: - Please reverse the pedals!!! (Or make the order from right to left optional) - The “board organizer” in the TonePrint app is a bit of a joke in my opinion: critically missing features are “duplicate” boards; “archive” boards for later use; and why is there no “backup” feature???? 
The biggest problem I’ve been running into a few times is very simple: you carefully craft a pedal board for a specific purpose, then e.g. during band rehearsals you mess around with settings and tweak setting only to find out that the originally set up board has been lost now. Creating a “duplicate” is naturally an alternative option, but it would be nicer if I could back up my entire pedal incl. all pedal boards etc. and “recall” individual parts when the need arises. Arching specific pedal boards would also be helpful, especially when you want to keep the pedal organized well enough for quick navigation during a live show etc.; a cluttered pedal makes things rather cumbersome to navigate at times. Last but not least, a more detailed users manual would be great, since several of the basic functions are not covered in the currently available quick guide. Please let me know if there are any questions and thanks for the consideration. Thanks and Best Regards, Bert
    read more...
    3 203
    • BirdmanKew
      Nigel67 Hi Bert, many thanks for your comments and wish list. I have copied and passed them to the Team that writes the software.
      They do have a customer wish list so I am sure it will be added to this for discussion. I will let them know that if they have any questions, I can put them back on here. Kind Regards, Nigel
      • July 16, 2020
    • BirdmanKew
      TC-Mike Hi Bert and Nigel, feedback received and noted! Good news is that the Viscous Vibe is around the corner with a 1.2 Beta being ready very soon. :-) Drop me a mail if you'd like to test drive it prior to it's official release ([email protected]) best regards from the TC guitar team!
      • July 20, 2020
  • New
    Adrione61
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

Hi all

Does anyone know the polarity of the ext. power?

I have a generic power supply but I don't know if positive is in the center or not; living in italy is very diffult ti find an original one

Many thanx

read more...
    0 202
    • Adrione61
      Adrione61 oh, damned T9 ....
      • November 23, 2020
    • Adrione61
      RexBeckett Hi Adriano, the power connector is a 3.5mm TS jack with tip positive. It will work with a supply of 8-32 Volts dc at very low current. Use 24-32V if you want to run it at pro signal levels (max 14dBm).
      • November 23, 2020
  • Nightfishing141
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-20

Anyone have some details on how the stereo input work on the mimiq?

Are they summed and then a new stereo field created or is there a different signal path. 

Thanks for the help! Any info would be appreciated

read more...
    0 201
    • Nightfishing141
      TC-Samuel

Hi @Nightfishing141 
      I'm trying to do some research on this, but I'm not really understanding it. Dry seems to control the mono input only and wet seems to control both channels. I'm guessing it sums both channels and creates a new stereofield. Then depending on the number of dubs it will placed differently. Basically, I seems to make no difference whether you feed it with a stereo signal or a mono signal.

• December 5, 2019
    • Nightfishing141
      TC-Samuel

I'll ask around the HQ and see if anyone knows more about this

• December 5, 2019
  • saddison65
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-22

Is there any way to access my personal toneprints (currently stored on my Macbook) so that I can beam them whilst away from the Macbook? 

0 198
    • saddison65
      TC-Samuel

Hi @saddison65 

Sorry, we didn't get back to you. Unfortunately, at this point there is no option for that. It is something we are looking into though!

best,
      Sam

• December 5, 2019
  • rbndr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-16
    Hi, I would like to try out the latest ditto x4 firmware build. Could I get a link to it, along with a link to the original versions (should I need to revert it) thanks
    0 194
    • rbndr
      WilliamR Hello, There are currently no links to previous Ditto X4 firmware. If you need the previous versions, please create a care ticket and someone can track it down for you if you need it. Here is a link to the latest firmware.
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/DITTO-X4-LOOPER/p/P0DE9/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)
      • June 16, 2020
      • latest Ditto X4 firmware
        rbndr thanks, I was hoping to get the newer beta build 91
        • June 17, 2020
  • Rob66
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-13

I'm using the x4 with expression pedal, setup to go from short feedback high feedback amount. I has been fine, but now I'm having a problem where it seems to bet setup ok, with a low mimimum and high max setting but...
    When I start on the minimum setting of the exp pedal its good, when I move the pedal to max for high feedback it's good, but on return back to the minimum position it doesn't not seem to have recorded the original minimum feedback a amount. It's minumum after the first use seems to give more feedback than I set it with. Does not return to the original minimum setting. Anyone have any tips?  I'd do a factory reset if I could find how to?

read more...
    0 193
    • Rob66
      TC-Mike

it could be an accidental "re-mapping" of the Parameter. Please note that if you move Expression pedal and turn knobs, youwill update the mapping.  Please try to clear the Expression mapping for the preset in question and program it again. Make sure you set min position then turn the parameter pot to the desired min position- now switch pedal to max position (heel up) and set max potmeter position an then save the Preset. Switch and reload preset and try out the mapping you just programmed. Is it working? 

• October 16, 2019
  • PeterStedt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-31

Hi.  I am using the Limiter -14 for Spotify but in the prepare section its Another specification, its -17 How can that be? At the same time down in the lower right of the Windows it says Output Loudnes -14
    What does Prepared mean, i do not quite follow. I tried  to upload a pic but the file was to big.  All the best! Peter Stedt

Sweden

F754B70A-E690-42C3-844D-891C5C094B2F.png
    read more...
    0 193
    • PeterStedt
      PeterStedt

hi is there anyone here who is working with Finalizer var could lead me to someone who do? all the best! Peter 2029-02-08

• February 8, 2020
    • PeterStedt
      PeterStedt

Hi I have got an reply in my mailbox BUT , the links do not go to the Soarer (Contributor - Level 1) or the other one, why is that? This community is very hard to understand, really! Hi PeterStedt, Soarer (Contributor - Level 1) posted a new reply in Effects and Signal Processors on 2020-02-09 11:33 AM: Re: Finalizer loudness I use the Finalizer every day in my hardware setup so more like a master bus compressor and not as a mastering unit. But I'm wondering why you set the limiter so low? There's no auto gain

• February 9, 2020
  • Biccio
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-19

Hi

Will we ever have a new firmware for G-Major2 ?

It's a pretty good product, but It needs some bug correction and I feel abandoned.

read more...
    0 191
    • Biccio
      TC-Samuel

Hi @Biccio 
      Currently, there are no firmware updates planned for G-Major2. Really happy you like it and your feedback is definitely appreciated. In all honesty, I doubt we'll be able to allocate ressources to updating it right now. But I will take note of it mention it to the leadership at our next scrum

Cheers,
      Sam

• December 5, 2019
Go to page