Statistics

284,982 members
166,855 posts
  • New
    rmaczis4888
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-04

I have 2 requests for serious improvements to the X5...

1.)  Why not bring up the Tuner with a single tap of the Toneprint knob when in play mode (3 seconds takes far too long to be balancing on one foot, and the triple Tap on the far right button seems unecessary.)

2.) The Triple Tap on the 2 far left buttons to cycle boards is way too fast, give us more time to see and scroll the board listing (currently it reverts back to the current board before I even have a chance to register the listing and decide to move up or down...then I have to triple Tap again and try to play beat the clock.)

Thanks for listening. Love the X5 otherwise.

- BOB

read more...
    0 15
    • rmaczis4888
      WilliamR Hello, William from Musictribe here. I have passed your suggestions on to our developers. Be sure to download our latest firmware update that just came out today as well.
      • Mar 4
    • rmaczis4888
      TC-Mike Hi Bob, thanks for the suggestions . keeping the Foot switch held down after activating board up/down mode allows you to prevent mode from time out , so you have all the time you want to make our changes or prepare to do so. Same goes for tap tempo mode too!
      • Mar 8
  • New
    Virtanen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-05

Hi,

What are the supported PCMCIA cards for System 6000? 

0 15
    • Virtanen
      PedroRodrigues Hi Virtanen, thank you for your post, SYSTEM 6000 will work with a variety of PCMCIA CARDS but we advise to use a brand called PRETEC . Than you
      • November 5, 2021
  • New
    Mygas21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05
    Can you do parallel routing with the units of your choice?

read more...
    0 14
    • Mygas21
      TC-Mike no, the signal flow is serial and no parallel or semi-parallel routings are possible at this point.
      • Feb 7
  • New
    Dpicetti77
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-23

Hiya, 

Long time lover and user of TC Electronic goods and fan of John Petrucci. When the two created this downloadable patch, I couldn't wait to try it out. 

Starting with a Flashback Mini in 2017, it never worked on that unit. Buying a full sized Flashback and whether "Beaming" it or USB cabling it, I could never use that patch. All other Toneprints worked (at the time) just not the "Mountain Top". 

I acquired another full sized Flashback just a day ago. And whether "Beamed" or USB'd, the "Mountain Top" patch will not work. I only hear one of the delays, not two. 

I work in a music store and saw a Flashback 4X. Not sure what year it's from, I tried to "Beam" some patches. Two worked, but the "Mountain Top" still didn't. All that is heard is one delay. Not two. 

I can see on the TonePrint app, there are two new John Petrucci tones doing pretty much the same thing as the "Mountain Top" but are called "Axe-FX 1" and "Axe-FX 2". Both of which my standard V1 Flashback can not download either of those two, as well as the original "Mountain Top". But my unit can download other Toneprints. 

I believe the "Mountian Top" patch needs to be looked at by the Devs and see if an update can be made. Since 2017, and a total of 4 Flashback units, I have never been able to enjoy that patch. 

I have updated the TonePrint Editor app on my phone and cpu. I don't know how to update the pedal itself. 

I do hope I get some replyies as to why I can not use this patch. But most of all, I hope TC Elcetronics can fix the patch to be used. 

Thanks in advance. 

D.Picetti. 

read more...
    0 14
    • Dpicetti77
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dpicetti77, thank you for your post, I would first suggest updating your FLASHBACK X4 pedal by following the guidance below and then attempt to Beam the selected TONEPRINT.
      Preparing the unit for firmware update
      – Download the newest firmware from the “Support” page by following the link below:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/product?modelCode=P0CKU

There are updaters:

– for Microsoft Windows (these are ZIP archives containing the firmware installer) and
      – for OS X (these are disk image files containing the firmware installer).

– Unplug all cables (including the power supply) from your TC pedal.
      – Connect the pedal to your computer using a USB cable.
      – Press and hold the leftmost footswitch on your TC pedal.
      – Insert the DC power supply plug.
      – The leftmost LED on your pedal should turn green. This indicates that the pedal is ready to receive the software update.
      – Release the footswitch.
      – Your TC pedal will now be recognized as an updatable device

Applying the firmware update
      – Quit all MIDI-related applications (e.g. your
      DAW) on your computer and launch the firmware updater you have downloaded above.
      – In the firmware updater app, select your TC pedal from the drop-down list under the “STEP 1” heading.
      – When the “Update” button under the “STEP 2” heading turns green, click it. The updated firmware will now be transferred to your TC pedal.
      Wait for the progress bar to reach 100%. When the update procedure is complete, the pedal will automatically restart.
      Thank you
      • Apr 23
  • New
    Martini22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-24

G system serial number  6538513 silver .  Can someone tell me the software that this model of G system would have had uploaded from factory and if it requires any updates for software  compared to to the later (last units made) . I was told that this serial number is with the IB Buffers and updated effects 4.02 version.

I have yet to get to grips with understanding the unit ...can these details of software version etc be viewed from the units display? 

Any assistance would be appreciated . 

Tony 

read more...
    0 14
    • Martini22
      PedroRodrigues Hi Martini22, the G-System iB-Modified was the latest addition to the G-System family. FX and presets-wise there is no difference between this and any other G-System that has been upgraded with the latest firmware updates. The main features in the iB-Modified are as follows:
      The iB-Modified G-System features the ultimate 3rd generation input buffer modification, designed by Italian electronics guru Massimo Mantovani. By changing the analogue input design, as opposed to the silver version, as well as a number of components, a super transparent tone that offers loads of punch and a snappier response has been achieved.
      All in all there are three different version of the G-System input circuit, the standard, Limited Edition and the iB-Modified versions respectively.
      After the Limited Edition was discontinued, all standard G-Systems that were made got the 2nd generation input buffer version from the Limited Edition. Approximately six months later we introduced the iB-Modified version, and all G-Systems made after this have the 3rd generation input design from in the iB-Modified version. Unfortunately via the serial number I cannot specify exactly what Firmware was loaded on your unit from factory, nevertheless I will leave you a link below to access the latest firmware and the process to update your G-SYSTEM to latest Firmware releases Version 4.5 https://wsi.li/dl/X9LbYD7xGZ32kKzdv/ Thank you
      • Jan 26
    • Martini22
      Martini22 Hello Pedro and thank you for the reply. I read on the rig talk that unit having a serial number higher than 6539340 is IB Mod version so mine is apparently 2nd gen. if correct. I will have to live with that versions issues I guess . The so called white paper by Laird Williams is hard to actually locate on this site ...can you send me a link to this for a pdf download to help me get going. The old links are dead and cannot see it anywhere ..just comments about the paper. Many thanks Tony Martin
      • Jan 26
  • New
    andrewcraft
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-25

Needed additions to Plethora X5:

1. Mojomojo drive

2. Spark boost

3. Ditto looper (I know it has the tape looper, but it doesn't work like a Ditto)

1 14
  • New
    Paton90
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-24

Hi! i'm working with a loudness pilot 3xSDI which has been connected in my abscence. As i was reading the manual to learn how to use it i realized the "alert" led in the front panel is turned off, which means there's no computer or hardware connected with icon software, BUT the "signal" led is green, which means audio is being received and processed by Loudness Pilot. Is Loudness Pilot doing any process if no configuration has been made with software? is it possible? Or the signal led is just indicating audio is being received but Loudness pilot is not applying any correction?

I hope someone understands my question haha

thanks!

read more...
    0 14
    • Paton90
      PedroRodrigues Hi Paton90, thank you for your post, if the Signal LED is Green even if the Alert Led is off the unit will be able to detect at the input stage any audio signal above -70dBFS.
      Nevertheless, in some cases when the Alert LEDs is off, this may indicate problems within the signal being processed. Thank you
      • Jan 18
  • New
    Decebal
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01

My TV station needs some Loudness Management pieces of equipment to handle audio according to R128.
    I thought of TC Electronic Loudness Pilot. However Canford Audio states (January 2022) this is no longer manufactured. Can anyone confirm this? Could you suggest some alternatives?

read more...
    0 14
    • Decebal
      PedroRodrigues Hi Decebal Thank you for your post, effectively this unit is being slowly discontinued but I believe you will find some of our Partners with stock for the TC Electronic Loudness Pilot or even for the TC Electronic DB6 that could also be a good fit, please follow the link to access our partners list: https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html Thank you
      • Feb 2
  • New
    Jmwilkins
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-14

Hi, is there any way to identify what TonePrints are downloaded into spots 1-3 of my flashback2 and hall of fame2? Thank you.

0 13
    • Jmwilkins
      WilliamR Hello, William from music tribe here. Regretfully, once the tone print is transferred to your device, there isn't a way to Identify the specific tone print from the pedal itself.
      • September 14, 2021
  • New
    Mygas21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

ONE MORE consequence of seeing the PLETHORA as a multi-expression controlled digital pedal board: DISTORTION

It is my impression that up untill now atleast, TC ELECTRONICS prefers it's distrortion ANALOGUE. It seems almost as dogma.

Let's be honest please. Well...

As I see in the forum, this IS something requested, from anti-dogmatic persons that want to use PLETHORA as

A) A compact COMPLETE multi-fx unit. (Why not?) 

BUT! ...I would like to add another reason:It's one thing, if you see a digital distortion by itself (that some companies like Sourse Audio, Strymon and others, do with some success I must remark, so it's totally VALID.) And it's a completely different issue if you consider digital distortion as part of the PLETHORA as

B) A multi-expression controlled pedal board. Then the dogmatic arguments go out the window.   

In the later case parameters of the digital distortion can be controlled in combination with parameters of the other pedals in the digital pedal board. In a multi-expression pedal board the combination of pedals is more than just the sum of its parts. A new composite pedal is created. Even for the analogue purist it makes sense now. 

read more...
    0 13
    • Mygas21
      PedroRodrigues Hi Mygas21 I will forward this concerns and requests to our Dev. Team. Thank you
      • Feb 10
    • Mygas21
      PedroRodrigues Hi Mygas21, we thank you for your feedback, we already logged this feature request for additional digital distortion and EQ for Plethora, at this time we cannot provide any other information. Thank you
      • Feb 10
Go to page