Statistics

267,855 members
147,364 posts
  • VRN
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-08

Hi guys,

Sorry, if the questions are stupid; but the PlethoraX5 is my first TonePrint product and while the quick start manual is brilliantly slim, the non-existent owner's manual is even slimmer and the app is well.... apparently only there to exchange TonePrints.... And even for that not particularly intuitive.

So after an hour or two with the device, I have already accumulated a few questions:

1) How do I assign the parameter knobs to particular parameters?

2) Can I/How do I assign a(ny) parameter to MASH - or are these fixed and predetermined for each effect? Can I change the affected parameter range and/or the direction it changes with increased pressure? How -or why not- ?

3) Can I name a "board"? How -or why not- ? Can I change the order of the boards in the list? How -or why not- ?

4) What is the MIDI implementation table? Can I use CC to change parameters of the PlethoraX5? Which/how? Can I use MASH to change CCs on external MIDI devices? How -or why not- ? Which Program Change commands are sent/received and can they be (re-)mapped?

5) Stereo IN and Stereo OUT. Great! But loop/insert mono.... Seriously??? Are the stereo channels simply summed for the loop send or how does this work? Is the loop true bypass?

6) Yeah - and as mentioned in another thread - : why the h.... are the pedals organised left to right and not like normally the case on a pedal board: Right to left?

7) Are the LEDs only white or can a color be assigned?

8) Where in the signal chain is the volume changed when I assign the EXP to volume?

9) When EXP is assigned to modifier, can the range and/or direction of change be customized? What about the response curve?

And that would be my questions after day 1......

Best regards,

>V<

read more...
    0 188
    • VRN
      VRN

Oh, yeah - I almost forgot:

It seems that a "board" remembers the latest on/off state of all pedals when switching between boads. Is there a way to set a default start on/off configuration for a board, which always loads when the board is recalled irrespective of the state of the pedals the last time the board was used? How - or why not -?

Best regards,

>V<

• April 8, 2020
    • VRN
      Stef63

Hi, i found some of the answers here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJvbOLWiYpQ

but i can't find the firmware update...

Stef

• April 9, 2020
    • VRN
      TouringBubble

I can take a shot at answering some of these for you ...

2) The MASH programming should work the same as other MASH pedals. In the Toneprint editor, you can assign up to three parameters to adjust, all with unique curves based on pressure. You can assign any parameters available for the effect as I recall.

3) In the 1.1 firmware you can name boards. 

4) Midi CC isn't implemented yet. Only PC messages for changing boards. It's planning to be implemented. It only has Midi thru, not out, so you can't change external devices via the Plethora.

5) I've been told that pre-loop stereo effects are summed. Kind of a bummer, yeah.

7) The LEDs are white I think, but you can change the colors of the effects on the LCD screens.

8) Good question. I would assume at the input, but I haven't seen an official answer ...

Good luck with the pedal. I'm still waiting on mine ... =(

• April 13, 2020
    • VRN
      Muzz_Fentona

Firmware update is available now! I wish we could get notified about this in future tc?

• May 4, 2020
  • Nyfolk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    I have purchased another used M5000. When the unit is turned on, there is a message of "Serial Information Mismatch". I have tried to make contact at TC or Music Tribe to no avail. I would really hate to see this unit wind up as a door stop. Can someone direct me to someone who can get me a repair code? Thnak you!
    read more...
    0 183
    • Nyfolk
      RexBeckett I suggest that you open a Care ticket. At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Technical Support. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit.
      • June 23, 2020
      • M5000 Serial Information Mismatch
        Nyfolk Good morning Rex, I have tried to do this already. The drop down menu does not include the M5000. Thank you!
        • June 23, 2020
        Nyfolk I have followed the path to creating a care ticket. When I arrive at the request for model name, the M5000 is not listed. I do realize that this is a legacy product. Is there an email or phone number that I could reach out to discuss the issue and get resolution? I have had this issue many years ago and TC resolved this easily with a repair code. Thank you!
        • June 23, 2020
        RexBeckett The usual solution for this is to use the model number of a similar product. Explain the reason in the problem description.

The Care ticket is currently the only way to request technical support. Once the ticket is open, you should get a response by email. Keep watch on your email spam/junk folder.
        • June 23, 2020
    • Nyfolk
      Nigel67 Hi Nyfolk, if M5000 doesn't appear in the Product drop down, I would suggest choosing another TC Electronic product in the same category or as close as you can, and then put M5000 Help required in the Description and also Subject. If you want to reply on here with the case number, then I can pick up the case in the morning and assign it to the relevant person. Many thanks
      • June 23, 2020
        Nyfolk Nigel, I have created a care ticket. The number is CAS-114126-V5B7Y8. Thank you!
        • June 23, 2020
        Nigel67 I have your ticket and will pass it on to someone who can help.
        • June 24, 2020
        slaterweezer Hi Nigel, I have the same issue today! If there is anyway at all you can help I would most appreciate it! My case number is: CAS-118452-P7M5G1
        • ·
        • July 8, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi slaterweezer, I have picked up your case. I think it is the same issue as Nyfolk which means having to change the internal battery. I will confirm this with a colleague in the morning and e-mail you back.
        • July 8, 2020
    • Nyfolk
      tomex Hi Nigel, I have the same Issue with my M5000. Changed the Battery. Still get the "Serial Information Mismatch". I guess this is a very common problem once you loose the backup battery. For this "vintage" equipment, it would be great to have a general solution published :-)
      • December 28, 2021
  • vhollund
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I'm going through the new great features of Flashback 2 and the TP editor

However I can't seem to activate the octaver soundwise
    It's enabled in the settings, Wet level 0db and Router 0db Octaver to Effect but nothing happens

Are others having this issue or if not, what might I be doing wrong ?

read more...
    0 183
    • vhollund
      TC-Mike

Octaver can only be used with existing Crystal/Shimmer templates . See your other post for more details..

• September 23, 2019
  • yavuz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-13

Hi everyone,

My plethora X5 ( 2 weeks old ) is starting get a lot of friction on footswitch No5.
    The edge of the footswitch shaft gets friction from the footswitch hole's wall.
    It would not be problem but sometimes the effect does not turn on.
    I have to watch it.

What is the solution for this? Should we use a drop of machine oil?
    Or will it go to the motherboard inside?

I already do not trust FSW No5 since sımetimes it does not turn on the effect.
    I rarely use mash since I have not discovered its capibilities yet.
    I wa planning on it thoug?

Any solutions?

read more...
    0 174
    • yavuz
      Nigel67 Hi, if your foot switch is only two weeks old and developing an issue, then I would take it back to the shop that you purchased it from and ask them to replace it. Within the first 30 days of purchase you can ask for a DOA. If you use oil to try and repair the fault, then warranty will be voided because you have tried to repair the unit yourself.
      • September 13, 2020
      • Plethora X5 footswitch No5 starting to get friction
        yavuz OK. I will do as you say. Thanks..
        • September 14, 2020
    • yavuz
      yavuz I have one last question. Now that I have decided to exchange the unit with a new one, Can I save my boards ( I made 2 into my iPad or computer? I could not see any saving option into iPad. How can I do it If I can..
      • September 14, 2020
        TC-Mike hi Yavuz, the 1.2 firmware will have a backup function for all of your boards and toneprints stored in your Plethora. get in touch with Nigel and he'll can get you access to the beta and then you'll be able to re-upload the exported "restore point" file to your exchanged unit after it has been updated the 1.2 firmware.
        • ·
        • September 14, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi Yavuz, I will get your e-mail address from our admin person and open a case to send you the firmware.
        • September 14, 2020
        yavuz OK. Looking forward to it. Thanks..
        • September 15, 2020
    • yavuz
      yavuz I have exchanged my unit for a new one. Inspected the new unit carefully for sticky footswitches. Everything seems perfect. However I am a bit scared to use the triple tap tuner function since the failed footswitch was the 5th one.

I wish the tuner could be activated with press and hold of the 5th button. This would make the 5th fsw unusable for mash or tap tempo but I usually put reverb on the 5th slot and It would perfectly fine with me. Consider this a new feature request. Thanks to everyone :)
      • September 16, 2020
        TC-Mike you can activate the tuner also by pressing and holding the TONPRINT push-emcoder and deactivate the triple click gesture for both Tuner and board up/down function.
        • ·
        • September 16, 2020
  • New
    SaxmanVince
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-05

Tc Electronic M-one/M-one XL/Voiceworks Replacement Rotary Encoder 7E34000301 Where can I find this part..?

0 172
    • SaxmanVince
      JasonB81 Hello - please click above under support and make a parts case and we can get that sorted out for you. Thank you for reaching out.
      • November 5, 2020
  • Lydfabrikken
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-13

Does anybody know how to restore passwords for M6000 licenses?

As I have changed battery in one of my mainframes, I have lost my license codes.

Please help!

Kind regards

Anders

0 169
    • Lydfabrikken
      TC-Claus

Hi Lydfabrikken,

Please send me Your Mainframe serial and Restore Key in a PM

All the best from

Claus

• January 12, 2020
    • Lydfabrikken
      MartinSeiferth

Hi,

I have the same problem. I use the M6000 on an OB Van and lost the license after changing the battery. 

unfortunatly I got no answer from [email protected] 

hope you can help me

martin

• January 27, 2020
  • xdsmithx
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-07

I know very few have access to this device yet but was hoping one of the TC group might be able to provide some input.

The editing of the Plethora setup looks great.  I have been watching the videos and I haven't able to tell what all you can setup to accomplish using the knob controls in a live setting. 

It would be ideal if you could configure all 5 knobs to control any assigned parameter from any pedal.  For instance I would like to adjust the range and the threshold for a LPF using two of the knobs, the depth of the reverb with another, the speed of the tremolo with another, etc.

One other recommendation is that as you expand the pedals, can you look at adding a dedicated LPF pedal other than just reconfiguring one of the existing as ones? The Moog MF-101 is a good example.

One last recommendation is that you add a Keyboard Instrument section to the TonePrint Library on the TC website.  The Plethora is the perfect size and configuration for keyboard players assuming we can get the manual control setup.  I would plan on having different pedal arrangements for each song and possibly multiple setups on the same song but the manual control is pretty important.

@TC-Mike

read more...
    1 169
    • xdsmithx
      VRN

Hi,

As far as I can tell from the brief time I've spent with the device (arrived today....), the knobs have dedicated functions depending on the mode. I guess the info you are looking for is in section 6 on page 11 of the quick start manual:

PARAMETER knobs. In EDIT mode, the PARAMETER knobs can be used to adjust specific effect parameters for the selected effect slot. In PLAY mode, each knob can be assigned to control any parameter for quick, on-the-fly adjustment.

From sections 1 and 8 it seems that the two outer knobs only have functions in Edit mode. In other words; you can only customize the three middle ones.

Anyway, please note that I haven't tried it myself yet.

Hope that helps.

>V<

• April 8, 2020
  • New
    davenov41
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

Help! I've owned the TC Flashback II for a few months now and am loving it. Earlier this year I updated the firmware to use the tap tempo function and that was working fine. I came back to my pedal after a month off or so, and now for some reason, when engaged, I can only hear the delay output, and not the attack of the note itself. What I've done so far to troubleshoot: 

- Pulled the pedal off the pedal board and isolated it as the only pedal in the signal chain between the guitar and the amp

- Tried multiple different amps

- Tried multiple different guitars

- Verified that input is going into the pedal through MONO and exiting through MONO

- Verified that true bypass and kill/dry dipswitches are set correctly (set to true bypass and off respectively, both oriented left)

What are suggestions for next steps? Thank you!

Dave

read more...
    1 169
    • davenov41
      NicJonesMT Hi Dave.
      I'm Nic from the UK tech support team.
      Just to let you know I have picked up your Tech Support ticket and will be contacting you shortly.
      • December 23, 2020
      • TC Flashback II- only hearing delay, no dry?
        davenov41 Hi Nic- thanks so much for your reply. I received your email regarding my support ticket... I wasn't able to find a way to reply to the ticket from within the care portal, so I simply replied to the email. Please let me know if there's a better way to contact you! Thanks again for your help. Dave
        • December 23, 2020
    • davenov41
      TC-Mike Please check that the Kill dry switch is not set to "ON" . the dip switches can be reached by removing the back cover and more info on the positions /settings can be found in the manual. the second dip switch switches between "true-and buffered bypass" -Buffered bypass will retain the Delay repeats when pedal is bypassed
      • January 4, 2021
  • mzx0205
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-23

I have a TC 6000 MK2 mastering.

How can I purchase a stereo reverberation license?

0 167
  • mingus
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-04-20

as title...
    Replaced HD to ssd on 2012 Mini.  installed, uninstalled, reinstalled new and old drivers, unit starts with the TC lights but 'device not found'.  I went through this years ago too but forget how I fixed it.

0 166
    • mingus
      mingus

forgot to add....using lightning bolt to 1394 adapter.  Been using this for years.

• April 20, 2019
    • mingus
      TC-Claus

Hi mingus,

What macOS are You running ? and You have the latest version of TC Near Software ?

All the best from

Claus

• August 12, 2019
Go to page