Statistics

267,754 members
147,251 posts
  • Doubleneck1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-10

I’ve read about all of the Freezing issues on this faulty pedal but not until I bought one. Mine, like many others Freezes, but it does it when I turn the effects knob. A constant red light is on for the Effects LED and for Looper 1. Anyone else suffered this fate? This pedal is apparently a big mess. 

read more...
    0 149
    • Doubleneck1
      Wolf53

I had the same issue with my Ditto X4. Returned the device to manufacturer. They reseated the SD card internally and restored the firmware. If this were to happen again to my unit again, I believe I could have done this myself.

Hope this helps!

• April 10, 2020
    • Doubleneck1
      TC-Mike

Hi Doubleneck,

Please get in touch with our tech support regarding this. they will advice you on how to get your unit fixed.

Please let them know the serialnumber, so they can check wether your pedal still had the 1st generation SD card that we no longer use..

Cheers,

Mike

• May 6, 2020
  • CaryCme
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-04

My question is:

With Mono Input, will Stereo output be enabled and function as so? In otherwords, can stereo output go to 2 different sources (i.e. 2 different channels or amps)?

Helix Phaser and Corona Chorus to be specific.

read more...
    0 148
    • CaryCme
      TC-Mike

Yes, the toenprint pedals jack connectors  all have jack sensing,so  if you use mono in, stereo out, the output will be stereo and can be send to 2 amps.

Best regards,

Mike

• September 23, 2019
  • BlackAxeDave
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-27

Hello,  First post and 1st ever TC Electronic pedal!

I just got a Quintessence pedal.  I'm gettin into the ins and outs of all the paramaters.  I have the phone app and the PC version.  Few questions:

When I make a custom tone print on the PC I know to save it to one of the TP slots on the pedal and I can even name it.  Now how do I get that onto my phone app so I can use it if I am away from my PC and change toneprints?  Where does it save to on the PC or in the app?

How do I edit things with the phone app?  One example is turning off the mash function in the software and I am not near my pc.

Also where is best spot for this in the signal chain?  I have a Boss digital delay with mono input and stereo output.

Thanks

read more...
    0 148
    • BlackAxeDave
      PedroRodrigues Hi David Merrill, when using the PC version of TONEPRINT to save a TP on the pedal you have to connect the PEDAL to your PC via USB using the cable supplied.
      Because the files are physically stored on the PC it is not possible to share stored TP’s from PC to Phone and vice versa.
      Regarding the best position of the Quintessence I would suggest to be positioned after any kind of distortion pedal or similar pedals, but again this is a suggestion.
      • September 27, 2020
      • Quintessence Toneprints
        BlackAxeDave So I have no way of putting "My Custom Toneprint" into my phone to be able to take my TP with me? That should be upgraded. So TC is limiting me and what I can really do with the toneprints. What if I make 4 toneprints on my PC? I can store 3 in the pedal but I can't take the 4th with me so I can beam to my phone when I want? Why doesn't TCE allow custom toneprints to be able to be copied to the phone and vice versa? That seems like something that should be a basic function in the age oy syncing things between devices.
        • ·
        • September 28, 2020
        BlackAxeDave Thanks for the "like". Now get on someones ass at TC and lets get the syncing ablility happening. I want MY OWN TONEPRINTS traveling with me in my phone,,,not the garbage bumblefoot toneprint...hey wow its bumblefoot...Please this is a basic function that should not be difficult to make happen. If its on my PC then I should be able to bring it to my phone. Just seems like common sense....
        • ·
        • September 29, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi David Merril as I mentioned above because the files are physically stored on the PC it is not possible to share stored TP’s from PC to Phone and vice versa. I will forward your suggestion to our R&D team. Thank you
        • ·
        • September 29, 2020
  • synthlink
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-27

I own an old TC 1210. I love this machine but it's old and it needs some repairs.
    As I've an electronic tech background, I can fix it myself.
    Does somebody knows where I could find the service manual or schematics ?

0 146
  • EddieBishop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-23

My pedal is awesome and works in every way except beaming will not work no matter what I try.

0 145
    • EddieBishop
      TC-Mike

Please make sure you have latest firmware installed and use latest version of the Toneprint app:

Firmware updater for your Dreamscape pedal can be found here:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/THE-DREAMSCAPE/p/P0DDR/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Prior to starting the firmwar eupdater, you need to set the pedal into boot mode ->

1. connect the usb cable to the computer running the firmware updater

2. insert the power supply while holding down the footswitch 

3. LED will turn gree indicating that the product is in boot mode and ready to receive the data upload

4. Start the downloaded firmware updater 

5. Select "Dreamscape" in the drop down menu 

6. click on "update" button

If this should not fix the issue, please get back to us...

Best regards,

Mike

• September 2, 2019
  • Vogeldance
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-25

I bought this unit several years ago new.  The light stopped working after about a year.  Been sitting around unused for maybe 10 years.   Any ideas how to replace the bulb? I could buy a used one for the cost of sending it to TC electronics to fix it.

Thanks,

Rob

read more...
    0 144
    • Vogeldance
      Vasco_Romijn

There is no (tradidtional) bulb. The backlichts are intigrated SMD LED's inside the display module itself, it is a complete board.

http://studiorepair.com/gallery/TC_Electronic/M-One/slides/TC_Electronic_M-One_LCD__DEEPSONIC_07020601_1010070255.JPG

Maybe the support from TC Electronics can help you with a new display or point you out where to get it.

• November 26, 2019
  • Steve1965
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-23

I have a tc electronics m300 Dual processor and looking for a footswitch to cycle thru my set channels , what foot switch do I need to do this

0 140
  • New
    pwmcmaho
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-03

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where if you change the value of an effect in the Tone Print editor (say the delay time), when you save it (with the Plethora connected via USB), it reverts back to the original settings for the effect?

However, if you change it on the Plethora (and watch it change in the Tone Print editor) and save it, it is saved.

I am using the latest Tone Print software (4.4.03) and Plethora X5 Firmware (1.2.18) to the best of my knowledge.

It does this for every effect, change something, tweak away on the Tone Print editor and then BAM all your changes and tweaks gone.  Angry! :-)

Patrick

read more...
    0 138
    • pwmcmaho
      TC-Mike when you store the TonePrint in your Plethora and load it without the app the potmeter positions on the board will set the parameters and NOT the value you set in the app at the time of saving unless you used the pots on the pedal to adjust the modifiers , so app and pedal are in sync at the time of saving. Please remember that you are not making a preset , but customize the functions of the pedal including value arnges.... With regards to delay time there are some strategies you can use when you want to have your delay tonePrint use a specific tempo in ms :
      1) eg map delaytime value to 12 o'clock (mid) postion of the potmeter (mapping page) and consider setting curve point 2 + 4 to same value , so it is easy to dial in this specific tempo by roughly setting pot to 12 o'clock possition
      2) Once you stored your TonePrint on the board, set the potmeters on pedal to correct values in EDIT mode before switching board or diting other slot TonePrints and it will be auto-stored on the board (FB2 slot)

Best regards; Mike
      • February 4, 2021
      • Issues saving TonePrint changes from computer (Mac) to the Plethora X5
        pwmcmaho Thanks TC-Mike for the response... I am totally confused by something.

Two questions:

1. How can I create and audition Toneprints with my X5? Whenever I pick a pedal in the Tone Print Editor, with my X5 connected via USB and in edit mode, so I can audition the changes, when I go to save the tone print, it is always reverted to the settings on the X5....

2. When I pick a stored Tone Print in the Editor, for example a User Tone Print, and select store in board, the Tone Print in the Editor is updated with whatever the settings are in the board... that seems completely backwards! Again in that scenario, the board is in edit mode and connected via USB.

Something in my understanding of the workflow just does not make sense.

In a nutshell, I just simply want to dial in my exact settings in the Tone Print editor, while auditioning them to make sure they sound correct and then store them in the Tone Print Editor and put them into a specific slot on a board. However that seems completely not possible with the basic workflow that I am using....

Thanks!

Patrick
        • February 7, 2021
    • pwmcmaho
      MatthewLevy

I think you have to click [save to device] and then [Overwrite]

• October 4, 2021
  • New
    voodoo1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-02

can you duplicate boards on the plethorax5, if so how?

0 136
    • voodoo1
      TC-Marcus Yes you can.
      - Toggle to the board you want to duplicate
      - Enter edit mode
      - Push up on the Board toggleswitch
      - Select duplicate
      • March 2, 2021
    • voodoo1
      voodoo1 thank you so much, also, how do you delete them?
      • March 3, 2021
      • can you duplicate boards on the plethorax5, if so how?
        TC-Marcus Almost the same thing
        - Toggle to the board you want to delete
        - Enter edit mode
        - Push down on the Board toggleswitch
        - Select delete

Note that you can also choose "clear" instead of delete. As the name suggests, this will just clear the board
        • ·
        • March 3, 2021
  • -Wabisabi-
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-13

Hi there,

I need help please, because I have some problem with the right connection of my G Major I. I've linked my guitar to the combo amp (Roland VGA 5), and after I connected the Line Out (SEND) from my amp to the mono imput of G major and the mono output in Ext In. (RETURN). Is series connection. But I don't know why I can't use the function for mute the output and use the tuner, and also the sound don't work properly, there are so many feedback. I've tried also to activate the function Kill Dry, but nothing. Unfortunately I can't understand the problem. If someone can help me  should be great. Thank you in advance!Roland-VGA-5-V-Guitar-COSM-modeling-Amplifier-100V-DISCONTINUED-_57.jpg

read more...
    0 135
    • -Wabisabi-
      kiskadar69

"Is series connection.", No, it isn't.

IMO the Roland VGA-5 is an all-in-one solution, so it is not designed to connect with the TC G-Major. You don't need to, because VGA-5 has COSM effects.

• December 10, 2019
    • -Wabisabi-
      GiorgosIndie

I don't know if it helps now, but  you can't take the line out of an amp and then just sending it again inside the amp!

I don't know this particular amp, but I am pretty sure it doesn't have an effects loop, so you can use the G-Major only like this: guitar -> G-Major -> amp.

• February 23, 2020
Go to page