Statistics

254,618 members
132,321 posts
  • chrismb
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-18

Hi All,

I'd like to program some different harmony options on my Perform VK.
    E.G.: a fourth below + fourth above (Miles Davis 'So What' harmonies)

Is there any way of creating new presets?
    I have Voicesupport 2 and the Perform VK Editor - but it seems these are only able to load existing presets.

Or would I need to get a different harmonizer to have these more advanced editing options.
    I need a harmonizer that has the Midi notes funtion.

Cheers,
    Chris

read more...
    0 263
    • chrismb
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @chrismb,
      Officially the only way to create presets for the Perform-VK is on the device itself, by modifying a stock preset or one you imported from VoiceSupport 2 or the mobile app, then you can save your modified preset back into VoiceSupport 2 as a backup.  You've probably already found this is pretty limiting though, the UI on Perform-VK only allows you to change between the pre-selected effect styles and adjust their levels.  To that end, there is a third-party solution made by VoiceLiveEditor, TC Helicon works with the creator and fully support their efforts.  You can check out a video of VoiceLiveEditor's Perform-VK editor software here, and the actual editor is available for purchase here.  Cheers!

• November 19, 2019
  • Robert_Dusemund
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-12

Hi ya all!

I wonder if I have a Critical Mass Stomp box behind a HarmonySinger pedal, and what effect it will have. Usually you sing directly into the CM pedal and get a unison choir. Can CM turn a three-part, three-man choir (from the HarmonySinger) into a 3-part mass choir? Or will come out in the end only vocal mud? Or more simple: Can Critical Mass handle harmonized voices or only single ones.

hopefully Robert

read more...
    0 225
    • Robert_Dusemund
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Robert_Dusemund,
      I just tried running a Harmony Singer 2 into a Critical Mass and I gotta I'm surprised it sounded as good as it did.  I was fully expecting vocal mud but the Critical Mass seems to handle 3-part harmony without a problem, it actually did sound like a choir.  I guess in hindsight it kind of makes sense, since there's no interpretation going on in Critical Mass - it only adds unison and octave voices.  To me the first 4 "Melodic" settings on the Critical Mass sounded best, but that'll probably be subjective.  One tip if you do decide to try this out, have Tone active only on the Harmony Singer and not on the Critical Mass, Tone only needs one instance in a signal chain and it works best at the front of the chain.  Anyways, great idea and I'm impressed with the results.  If you're still on the fence feel free to share some test audio (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and I could record what it sounds like through the two pedals.  Cheers!

• October 1, 2019
  • ajdaames
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-12

Hello guys.

I’ve recently purchased the VL3 extreme after my VLplay electric died. On this unit I see that you can import your backing tracks and play them directly from the unit. An awesome feature. However I play in a trio and we use some backing tracks with a click track. Is it possible to have the click track not go to the main mix and also have it heard through the IEM of the other band members? This is of course very standard procedure and without it playing backing tracks through the VL3 is kinda useless. Hope someone can help me out with this. Thank you.

read more...
    0 202
    • ajdaames
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @ajdaames,
      There are couple options for working with a click track depending on how much you want to interact with your VoiceLive 3.  If you want to be pretty hands-off and automate effects, then a pre-made click track imported as a Backing Track is the way to go - make the track the length of your song and automate effect changes so you can just sing and not have to think about toggling effects.  But if you want to be more involved, you can use the metronome in the loop layer as a click, and you can manually toggle effects and even create loops quantized to the click.  The metronome can be synced with incoming MIDI clock too btw.

In either case, you can output the Backing Track or Metronome to just the VoiceLive's headphone output and remove it from the main XLR outputs pretty easily.  This is done in the "Mix" menu, which you access by going to the "Home" screen then tweaking any of the small four knobs below the screen, the "Main Mix" tab affects the two main XLR outputs so you'd just lower either the "Track" or "Metronome" level all the down to "Off" to remove it from the main outs.  The "Headphone Mix" tab obviously adjust the output of the 3.5mm headphone output so just ensure the "Track Level" or "Metronome" level is turned up there so it's heard by your band.  Cheers!

• October 16, 2019
  • TonyFry
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-10

I've posted about this before and never really got a satisfactory answer, so I'm hoping for a better result this time. I want to record loops to a particular preset so I can integrate it into live performance. The problem is that I record a loop, save it to (say) preset 20, which is fine. However, the saved loop is then on every preset, which is completely useless.......
    Then, when the loop is erased, it comes back when the VL3 is switched off and back on again. 
    Someone suggested saving to a different slot within the loop but this doesn't work either. I want to save maybe 50 different loops to 50 different presets and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a resolution. Can anyone help? Please ......?

read more...
    0 196
    • TonyFry
      TCH-Rob

What are your slot settings in the "looper" menu? Loops aren't saved to presets, but to one of the 50 loop slots; each loop slot saves loops A, B, and C. You can change your loop slot using the preset up down switches in the "UTIL" page in the looper. If you save the preset it will store the loop slot you had selected. 

What likely happened is you had the same loop slot selected on multiple presets. Once you saved a loop to that slot, that loop was also selected on those presets. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!  

• March 11, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TonyFry

Hi TCH-Rob,

Many thanks for this. I’m kind of discovering this for myself. I got hold of the latest User Manual for the VL3 yesterday and it has a much better section on the subject than the older manual I was trying to work from.

I’ve got the basic gist of it (I think) but I do have a question. If I start to save slots to particular presets, should I leave slot 1 free for looping “on the fly” for other presets that don’t have any saved loops?

• March 11, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TCH-Rob

Hi @TonyFry ,

I think that's a great idea; I'd probably leave slot 1 open because that's the slot that most presets default to.

• March 12, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TonyFry

hI @TCH-Rob 

Hope you're well in these difficult times. I have a further question. I've been trying to use the Onsong midi capability to change the Step (according to the VL3 CC list it's CC No 115 plus a value that equals the required step number) but it doesn't seem to work. All other program changes work well via midi but i cant get this CC to work. Is there a VL3 setting that would enable this feature or does it just not work? The CC controls work well with other equipment such as BeatBuddy, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Look forward to your reply.

Best wishes, and stay healthy.

• March 30, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TCH-Rob

@TonyFry I've reached out to our testing team about this; that isn't regular behaviour, hopefully it isn't an issue with your indiviual unit!

• March 31, 2020
  • WhiskeyJaxx
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-01

I have a TC Helicon VoiceTone Single H1 Intelligent Harmonizer and when I use it with my wireless Shure system will activate the pedal when I start to talk or sing into the mic. This does not happen when using a wired mic.

Anyone experience this and have a remedy

Thank you!!

read more...
    0 183
    • WhiskeyJaxx
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @WhiskeyJaxx,
      My suspicion is that you have Mic Control activated and the pedal thinks you have our MP-75 microphone attached.  There's a little button on the right side of the pedal labelled "MIC CONTROL", ensure that button is depressed out and this issue will hopefully stop.  Cheers!

• November 13, 2019
  • RalfLeRenne
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

Hello,

I bought a "Harmony Singer 1" a few years ago, and would like to switch to the second version. I'm in the process of making all my equipment for concerts "battery powered", and I saw this Harmony Singer 2 is able to do just that.

But I still need to know if it can work with rechargeable batteries, since they usually tend to have less voltage. I would also like to know for how long the pedal can run on batteries. How many hours would it be ? 

Thank you very much, 

Have a great day,

Thibault

read more...
    0 175
    • RalfLeRenne
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RalfLeRenne,
      I'll be honest with you, battery life ain't great.  I tested a Harmony Singer 2 with fresh AA's (non-rechargeable) and it lasted three and a half hours before dying.  I don't think batteries were intended to be the primary power source for these stomps, more like a backup.  When a 9V adapter is plugged in, the pedal will use that wall power and ignore the batteries, which then kick in if wall power is removed.  Anyways, I think Harmony Singer 2 has the worst battery life out of the bunch because it has the busiest algorithm, but yeah you might want to have a backup set of rechargeables.  Cheers!

• October 23, 2019
  • New
    Boboji
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-29

When I tun on the polytune clip I just get two lit arrows moving away from each other. No other response from the tuner. Is there a factory reset option to get this working again???

0 171
    • Boboji
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Robert Czarnowski when you mention the arrow do you mean that you see what is on the picture below?
      If that is the case that is the Needle mode.
      If you press the Display Mode Button once, the currently selected Display Mode will be shown. Pressing the Display Mode Button repeatedly will cycle between the two display modes described in this section. – Needle Mode is indicated by the center LED column and row lighting up. – Strobe Mode is indicated by the middle row of LEDs lighting up.
      The selected Display Mode will be stored and preserved even when you change the battery.
      • October 30, 2020
  • FelipeDeJesusCepeda
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-12

Hola, tengo el VLX3 pero no se como actualizar su firmware, su version es: 2.2.00 BUILD 366, agradeceria mucho que me puedan ayudar... Gracias

0 157
  • New
    TCH-Rob
    Triber Contributor
    2021-04-15

Hi friends! We are very excited to anounce GoXLR update 1.3.130.

Features:

Color Wheel

• Allows for unlimited choices to fully customize the look of your GoXLR.
    • Recently selected colors are saved to make setting up your color profile faster and easier.

Cough Mute

• Cough Mute now has its own dedicated mute options.
    • Mute behavior can be set to Hold or Toggle modes.
    • Mic no longer needs to be assigned to a dedicated fader, thus freeing up a fader to mix another audio source.

Line Out fader

• The line out level can now be controlled by the application and can be assigned to a physical fader.

System Tray / Minimized on Startup

• GoXLR app can now be set to be hidden in Windows System Tray on startup.

Quality of Life Improvements and Bug Fixes

• Double click an individual band on the EQ to reset gain to 0dB.
    • Reset button now also resets EQ bands to a gain of 0dB.
    • Right-click on device component in app to enter the lighting tab for that component. A left-click will bring you to the settings tab for that component.
      Mic, Chat and Music are now select-able on all channels for Mini.
    • Global settings now contains a checkbox to select whether muting Voice Chat also mutes your Mic channel.
    • Headphone and Lineout should now properly display audio passing when set to meter mode.
    • Profile mute mode and EQ settings now load correctly on start-up.
    • With Line Out or Headphones as the channel source, Mute to All is the only select-able option.
    • Adjusting the mid and high EQ bands on Mini in basic and advanced modes did not have reliable behaviour. This has been corrected but this may have changed your profile EQ settings slightly.
    • Better error checking on updates.
    read more...
    1 151
  • Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
Go to page