Statistics

254,887 members
132,630 posts
  • AndrewHamilton
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-22

Ok, found this very strange. Just got my TC Helicon Acoustic Play and I LOVE it however I can very loudly hear myself pressing and off the pedals through I don't even know what. When I'm hitting my SPDNE Kick I can the sound of me kicking it through the helicon almost as much as I hear the stomp box itself. I think it might be coming through both the guitar and the microphone. As you can see in my set up it's not close to where I hit the pedals or anything, or I didn't think it was anyways but maybe that is it. 

Has anyone ever had any issues like this themselves?

Thanks 

read more...
    0 97
    • AndrewHamilton
      AndrewHamilton

So unfortunately I've singled it out and it seems to be a problem with the Guitar DI box within the Acoustic Play pedal. I'm just wondering has anyone ever experienced anything like this with this pedal or even any other pedal before??

Thanks.

• April 22, 2020
  • bearaby
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-15

Perform V effects library - how are they created? How often are they updated? I have been using the Perform V on my main mic for karaoke singers and was considering getting another but may look for another product if the library is no longer going to be updated.

read more...
    0 93
    • bearaby
      TCH-Rob

Hi @bearaby , 

The Perform V library hasn't been updated recently and likely won't be in the near future, as we're very focused on developing new products at TC Helicon. You may be interested in something in our Voicelive Play series, as these allow one to create presets easily and quickly, which would allow you to update your catalogue yourself. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.  

• January 16, 2020
  • JohnShelley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-28

For most of the work I do, I use a product called BandHelper to play backing tracks and a syncronized midi file.  The midi file controls my lighitng system and my VL3X.  It works flawlessly for all the CC commands to turn effects on and off, etc.

To have my delay match the tempo of a song, however, I have to make separate presets for every song on my VL3X each with the tempo already set to the BPM of the song - even though all other settings may be exactly the same as another preset.

It would be much more efficient to one preset but be able to send along a midi message to say "this song is 60bpm" and "this song is 100bpm"

Is this possible? 

read more...
    0 90
    • JohnShelley
      PetGerbil Should be just a case of making sure that Bandhelper is sending a MIDI Clock signal. Unless you've got a loop in the looper. In which case the tempo will be locked. There's a MIDI tempo parameter in the SETUP sections MIDI tab. That'll need turning on. Also I've got a vague memory of MIDI sync being added in a firmware update, so make sure you've got the latest firmware.
      • September 28, 2020
  • Sferna
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-05

it suffers from the many issues mentioned with these earlier models. Is there a way to get these fixed?

0 89
  • BRymes
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-07
    I'm learning to play Rage Against The Machine's "Killing In The Name Of", and I need to set up a phaser effect for the intro. I assume its in the uMOD parameters but I feel like I'm going in circles to attain a decent sound. Here's a link to Tom Marello discussing the intro part at 20:33. https://youtu.be/aJXzY9vhqZg I would appreciate any help that you can give me. Thank you.
    read more...
    0 84
  • New
    bcasetx69
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-26

How can I get my Ditto X2 repaired. The loop switch no longer works

0 84
    • bcasetx69
      Nigel67 Hi bcasetx69. Please send us a Service Ticket and we can book your unit in for repair. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. This will open a new window. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Mar 26
  • JeremyGorman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-13

Does anyone know if loops in the VL3 can be triggered via MIDI? I'm trying to get around the limit of 8 Loop Triggers (A - H) in the VL3.

Thanks!

Jeremy

0 81
    • JeremyGorman
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jeremy it is possible to have MIDI sync on VOICELIVE 3 so you can can sync a external device such a pedal to use as a trigger, but for that you will need to have your VOICELIVE 3 unit running firmware version 1.2 . For more information please follow the link below to access a video about the MIDI Sync https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-c2hk4o9iA
      • October 13, 2020
    • JeremyGorman
      JeremyGorman Thanks Pedro and thanks for responding! Yes, I'm familiar with the MIDI sync feature, but I was really trying to see if the VL# might respond to MIDI commands to trigger loops. Since the VL3 has 50 loop slots (with 3 loops in each), but only 8 loop triggers (A - H) I am unable to trigger more than 8 separate pre-recorded loops. I was hoping to find a way around that.
      • October 13, 2020
      • Loop triggering in VL3
        PetGerbil no, the loops can't be triggered from midi...But, I've just had a squizz at the manual, and it looks like the 8 loops is per-preset, so could you change preset and get access to another 8 loops ? (I wonder if changing to a different "Step" would do the same thing ?...)
        • October 13, 2020
      • Loop triggering in VL3
        JeremyGorman No, it appears that assignment is one-time only. EX: you assign Loop 1:A to Trigger A in Program 100 and then assign Loop 2:A to Trigger A in Program 101. When you go back to Program 100 you now have Loop 2:A instead of Loop 1:A
        • October 17, 2020
    • JeremyGorman
      JeremyGorman Ok, I think I figured out a "work around" If I set one of the Loop Triggers to "Load Current Slot" (instead of specific slot) then whatever Loop Slot is loaded on the Loop page will appear. Ex: 'Trigger G - Load Current Slot - A' Now I create a Loop for Program 100 in Loop Slot 5:A and buttonmap Trigger G to the 'Hit" button. For Program 101 I create a Loop in slot 6:A and again buttonmap to the 'Hit' button. As long as I make sure to load Loop Slot 5 for Program 100 and Loop Slot 6 for Program 101 it works! Not ideal by any stretch, but a workable alternative.
      • October 17, 2020
    • JeremyGorman
      PetGerbil Does it make a difference if you re-save the loop and/or Preset after assigning 'em ?
      • October 17, 2020
      • Loop triggering in VL3
        JeremyGorman Doesn't seem to make a difference.
        • October 18, 2020
  • RennySchweiger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-23

I created a Preset (call it #2) to be used as a Step 2/2 on Preset #1. (It was originally a copy of Preset #1 and I made significant Harmony and other settings to it.) I have successfully copied #2 as a step to #1 and all is well. I can also edit and save changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1. And because I made changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1 as I was tweaking, it is now a bit different from Preset #2. So Preset #1 with my two Steps is all set. 

Here's the question: Can I safely delete Preset #2 (not that it is no longer needed) without affecting Step 2/2 in Preset #1?  I'm afraid to try! I don't want to mess up my Step 2/2 I worked so hard on.... 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. 

read more...
    0 80
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger, yes you can, the factory presets are stored permanently within the device, even if you've overwritten them with custom presets. The custom presets are stored in a different location and applied "over" the factory presets when you save them.

When you delete a factory, or custom preset, leaving the space "blank" within VoiceSupport, the unit automatically re-populates that spot with the factory preset.
      You can also use Mix Knob 4 to select the Preset number where the current Preset will be stored.
      If you want to save the Preset where it currently is, do not change this value.
      If you would like to save the Preset to another location, change “Store To” to another number.
      The name of the selected Preset slot will be displayed in the upper part of the screen.
      Using Store To is handy when you would like to make several Presets with similar sounds.
      You can create a “master” Preset and store it so a few different locations using Store To.
      You can then edit those copies further if you wish.
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks for the reply Pedro. My apologies for not being more clear, but you missed the essence of the question. I only used the generic names Preset "#1" and "#2" to mean two presets in general. I my specific case they are both user presets, not factory presets.
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger The question still stands -- if I create a (new user) preset (B) and copy it AS A STEP to another user preset (A), can I delete the preset (B) used for the step? Will the preset (A) now with two steps in it remain intact if I overwrite or delete the user preset (B)?
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger ,please be aware that on the VL3x copying a preset, whether its to a new user preset or a step in another preset it does not retain any ties to the old preset. It does not act like an alias. So modifying the original will not change the new preset/step.
      • August 25, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks Pedro, it worked. I deleted the no-longer-needed user preset and the Preset with the Step is still intact. Also FYI thsi is on my VL3 (i.e., not a VL3x).
      • August 26, 2020
  • JamesMiller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-09

Can I use USB midi from one keyboard and standard midi from another as long as I never play them at the same time? This is for triggering harmonies. Or can I use a midi merger device?

1 80
    • JamesMiller
      TCH-Rob

Hi @JamesMiller ,

Hypothetically, this should work! I'm not sure if it's something that's been tested thoroughly but a midi merger should work fine. You should try it!

• February 12, 2020
  • New
    HitPit01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-14

Hello, could someone please provide me an German Bedienungsanleitung pdf for my VoiceLive. I couldn't find it on official sites! There is only availability from VoiceLive 2 on? Thank you in advance. Best regards Peter

0 79
    • HitPit01
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Peter, unfortunately, there is not a German translated manual available for the VoiceLive, however, I have included a copy of the manual for you in the following link in the hopes this may be of some help. https://we.tl/t-diNOrDCRWd
      • November 17, 2020
Go to page