Statistics

196,314 members
66,882 posts
  • New
    2020-11-10

Apple just announced that macOS Big Sur will be released to the public on November 12, 2020. I'm assuming (hoping) that Behringer SW engineers have been testing their software on the beta releases of Big Sur along the way.

Any word on compatibility of X/M32-Edit on Big Sur? Is X32-Edit expected to work right out of the gate on Big Sur or have issues been found that will require significant updates?

Just curious...

Jay

read more...
    1 137
    • Jay Alper
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Jay, at this moment we have to allow the release of the new OS so we can develop our FW updates, at this moment we cannot comment on any information about time windows on the updates for this MacOs .Thank you
      • Nov 11
      • X/M32-Edit and macOS Big Sur
        Jay Alper Pedro, Thanks for the info.
        • ·
        • Nov 11
        ScottCaldarelli Pedro, I was just looking at this info for Big Sur and have to ask: Do you guys actually wait until the OS is released to the public and are not working with Beta releases along the way? Also, related, the XR18 software for macOS hasn't seen an update in 3.5 years and the firmware in 2+ years. While it seems to work in Big Sur, things like window resizing - nothing in the window resizes and it could use a UI refresh. Thanks!
        • ·
        • Nov 12
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi Scott, the Beta version of the OS is only available for Apple testers so the majority of companies on these matter have to be reactive instead of proactive.
        Regarding your last question what I can say about what you mentioned it is that we are working on that and we will have news as soon as possible.
        • Nov 13
    • Jay Alper
      Matt Tucker Jay, just curious did you take the plunge and move to Big Sur?
      • Nov 13
        Jay Alper Yes, I did move to Big Sur. I tried running X32-Edit on my Big Sur Mac (2018 MacBook Pro) and as far as I can tell, it works! As a caveat, I didn't do an extremely in-depth test where I tried every detail of X32-Edit. But I was able to connect (via wifi) to my X32-Compact, I was able to sync settings back and forth between my Mac and my X32-C, I was able to change scenes, moving faders and adjusting send levels on my Mac were mirrored on the X32-C and vice versa, I was able to start and stop playback from my X-Live card, etc. In my quick test I didn't notice any graphics glitches, either. So, it seems like things are working for X-32 Edit on Big Sur. Again, I didn't do an extensive test, but so far, it looks good (though, YMMV).
        • Nov 16
  • 2020-02-01

Hi I cannot get the software that is available from klark techniks website to install any ideas

1 61
    • chris pas
      Nigel Turner Hi Chris, I just came across your post. Sorry no-one has ever answered you. Did you ever get the software to install?
      • Jul 16
  • 2020-08-29

I'm using the X32 Edit software to control my X32 Rack & there's a question I'd like to ask. I understand that the Mix Bus can be tapped after the input, before the EQ, after the EQ, before the fader & after the fader but what does Sub Group mean on the Sends tab?

read more...
    0 40
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Paul Vannatto Subgroup is basically post fader with unity (0 db) fader levels. It emulates the analog console subgroups.
      • Aug 29
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler The other key difference between the post-fader vs subgroup setting is that if using the subgroup tap, (by default, assuming the subgroup is stereo,) the ch>subgroup pan will follow the ch>LR pan. If instead you choose post-fader, you can specify a different pan for ch>bus vs ch>LR.
      • Aug 29
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross How can you set up a subgroup master fader in X32 Edit 4.1?
      • Aug 29
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler Bus\Mtx layer button on the LHS of the app, you'll get your faders. Alternatively, select the relevant bus using the buttons on the LHS of the app, and the master fader changes to the fader for that bus.
      • Aug 30
      • X32 Edit software mix bus taps
        Gordon Okafor-Ross So a subgroup master is the same as a mix bus master?
        • Aug 30
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler Yes. The console has 16 mixbuses (+ mainLR, M\C, mtxs, and solo.) The 16 buses can be configured (in pairs) as pre-fade, post fade, or subgroup, or some combination.
      • Aug 30
      • X32 Edit software mix bus taps
        Gordon Okafor-Ross So the input tap to the mix bus is the output of the mix bus… I'm sorry, I'm not following.
        • Aug 30
  • 2020-06-15
    Where is the old forum, this community is not going to be any better. It was at least possible to find something in the community 1.0 mess but 2.0 is even worse! I almost didn't visit community version 1.0 coming from the real old forum but with this 2.0 my visits will probably reduce to 0. Facebook group pages are even easier to use than this community.
    read more...
    1 33
    • Vasco Romijn
      Paul Vannatto Hi Vasco, I hear you (loud and clear). Hopefully they will fix this mess and soon.
      • Jun 15
    • Vasco Romijn
      Vasco Romijn And this new version is soooooooo slow.
      • Jun 18
    • Vasco Romijn
      Per Øyvind Heldal The "About"-section on this site is the only part that makes sense. Did they assign the 5 most computer-illiterate people across the entire company to run the website? Gradually they almost managed to mess up the old forum during its last couple years, then they launched the music-tribe disaster (1.0), and now they fired a nuclear missile (2.0) at it to fix it. Can it get worse? My 30+ years of IT-experience says "not likely", but I've underestimated their incompetence before :-)
      • Aug 18
  • 2020-06-22
    I purchased a used Deepmind 12. I have tried to download firmware and windows app. All I get is 404 error. Any help would be appreciated.
    0 30
    • mark bellino
      David Bahi I am also here for this reason. Firmware and Mac OS X app don't even get listed for Deepmind 12 - and for the 12D they are 404 using https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html to get to:

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/behringer/deepmind/DeepMindAppMacOS.app.zip
      https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/behringer/deepmind/DeepMind-Firmware-v.1.1.2.zip
      • Jun 22
    • mark bellino
      Alexander Lane Reported to the web team and asked for them to send a local backup if they have it. Will send over or update on website fix ASAP for you. My apologies for the inconvenience!
      • Jun 22
    • mark bellino
      Alexander Lane Hi guys, this should be fixed now! Please let me know if you have any more issues
      • Jun 22
      • Download link doesn't work
        mark bellino That did the trick. Had to download from the deepmind page, didn't come up on the general download page jusy like before. Thanks for your help
        • ·
        • Jun 22
      • Download link doesn't work
        Alexander Lane Thanks for flagging that! Will get that fixed too. Seems it is searchable in the download section but not in the product menu!
        • Jun 23
    • mark bellino
      David Bahi Thank you, Alexander. The broken links I reported definitely work now (and results now show up on downloads page for "deepmind 12" as well (not just the 12D like before). The only thing left to fix is that this "App V1.0.5 Release Notes" is in MS Word format (instead of the more common PDF). Much appreciated.
      • Jun 23
  • 2020-07-07
    Hi I use VSS3 for live sound with the software LiveProfessor 2. Before I used it on a Mac Mini with macOS Sierra and now I would like to use it on a Macbook Pro with macOS Catalina. On my Macbook pro, when I load a session that have been created on my Mac mini when it load the VSS3 the software crash and I have the message "render start failed". I have contacted Live Professor guy and he doesn't understand why it crash and what this message mean. Can you help me ? Thank you
    read more...
    0 30
    • Dimitri Baizeau
      Kyle Johnson Hi DimitriB, does this issue only occur if you run a session that was created on the Mac Mini? So if you start a fresh session on your Macbook Pro does the issue occur? It might be best if we can take this troubleshooting to an email thread, can you please submit a Support ticket using the Support button at the top of the page?
      • Jul 8
  • 2020-08-21

When I'm in the EQ page I often have the Real Time Analyser turned on. Whenever I choose the LR Bus it flips to display that analysis in the EQ page, but when I choose a channel it continues to display the LR Bus analysis until I change something in the channel, then the RTA displays correctly. I say correctly, but maybe I'm missing something, is there some advantage to displaying the LR Bus analysis? This is in X32 Edit 4.1, not on the front panel of the X32 Rack.

read more...
    0 28
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gary Higgins Maybe it's the rta settings? When connected to your mixer, hit utility/rta. Not totally sure what you are wanting but maybe something in there (esp with rta source) explains it or changes it to what you want?
      • Aug 21
      • X32 Edit 4.1 RTA
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That was it, thanks. I had Main selected as the RTA Source, changing that to Selected Channel displays whatever channel I select as the RTA source, in fact as it says on the page. Great piece of software.
        • ·
        • Aug 21
  • 2020-09-10

I can't seem to download the x32 4.0 firmware off the website. Any advice? 

0 28
    • Jeremy Stanford
      Dave Morrison Get 4.0.2. If the link is down, you can use any model of X32 for the firmware. Look in the Rack, Compact, Producer, and Core section if you can't find it. I would leave you a link, but this new website doesn't seem to want me to do so. If you still can't find it, let us know and we'll get you the firmware.
      • Sep 10
      • x32 Download
        Jeremy Stanford Hi Dave, I tried a couple different models still no luck! Still the SSL handshake error
        • Sep 10
    • Jeremy Stanford
      Dave Morrison Even the Midas site has the same problem. It's too bad because it's the same firmware. Try this: Straight off my mixer's flash drive. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yhc7te7dkqt5zr6/AADR0NKBG5F4Uf2isTbqupnoa?dl=0
      • Sep 10
    • Jeremy Stanford
      David Knighton Hello All,
      I've been alerted a short time ago that this issue has been resolved. Please check once more. The downloads should all be working as expected now.
      • Sep 10
  • 2020-09-16

To whom it may concern,

sorry for the crossposting. I believe that my first posting has not been recognized. Hopefully this is a better place to post this question.

we use a special configuration on our X32 (actual firmware installed) connected to two stageboxes (DL16, actual firmware installed). We use up to four scenes to precontrol our mixer. We store special settings as snippets (eg. using a delay for the leadvocal only in a special part of a song).

We combine scenes and snippets as cues for gigs and use the cues to export cues, scenes and snippets together assigning a releasenumber to test different settings.

Each time when we export the cues we get one shw-file for the cue, five .scn files for the scenes and as many .snp files for the snippets as we created snippets. Works like expect. But each time we will import the complete cue into X/M32 edit software only N-1 snippets will be imported to the software. For example if we have twelve snippet files in our environment only 11 will be imported. Each time the last on will be missed out.

I tested this behaviour using the actual Linux 64 bit Version, the Version for macOs and for Windows. All show the same behaviour: the last snippet will not be loaded.

Is there is any development on X/M32 edit software? Is there a chance to get this fixed? I just worked arround this issue by adding one additional snippet to the end of the list which is not needed. But this is not a real solution for me (if I once forget to implement the last snippet I have to reimport this missing snippet).

Best regards and thanks in advance

Matthias

read more...
    0 24
    • Matthias Knaepper
      John Matthews Hi Knaepp, I responded to your first post too. I'll report this to the dev team to see if it can be replicated and resolved.
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Matthias Knaepper Hi John, thank you for your response, I missunderstood your hint in the other posting. I thought it was directed to an other user asking a question in reply of mine. So please keep me informed about this issue. If you need any information or have additional questions, do not hesitate to ask.
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Dave Morrison Which firmware version are you using? This reminds me of a bug that was in 4.0 or 4.0.1 (I can't remember which)
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Matthias Knaepper We use the current firmware (which is 4.02). But this issue happens in offline mode/editing as well. Because of this I think this is a software issue in X32 edit and M32 edit. I have not checked whether this problem occurs on the console as well. I will check tonight during our rehearsal...
      • Sep 16
    • Matthias Knaepper
      Paul Vannatto Hi Mattias, the snippet index bug has already been fixed and will be correct in the next X32-Edit and M32-Edit release (coming soon).
      • Sep 16
  • New
    2020-11-16

Hi, I am not able to connect X32-Mix with my X32 (being on firmware 4.x).

So, is there a chance that there will be an app update coming or to get the current app connect with current firmware?

COuld anyone help?

0 24
    • Andreas Stendera
      Rex Beckett Hi Andreas, X32-Mix does need an update to support new features in console firmware V4.xx. Perhaps one of the Tribers can give you some indication of when this might happen.

Meanwhile, you could try Mixing Station. This is now available for iOS as well as Android and supports V4.xx firmware.
      • Nov 16
      • X32-Mix on firmware 4.x
        Andreas Stendera Hi Rex, thx for the tip. It works!!!
        • Nov 18
    • Andreas Stendera
      David Knighton Hello Andreas Stendera,
      After updating to version 4, you'll need to go in and check your Network settings, as they will default to a factory setting. Double check that this isn't the issue you're encountering.
      • Nov 17
      • X32-Mix on firmware 4.x
        Andreas Stendera Hi David, it checked network settings on X32 & ipad. All same newtork envrionment .20 and .22 .
        • Nov 18
Go to page