Statistics

259,808 members
138,226 posts
  • nixx
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-06

It seems that if TC Electronic won't update their TC Near software, all users of Konnekt (and Impact Twin) audio interfaces are out of luck and won't be able to use their hardware with the upcoming version of macOS. If I'm not mistaken, macOS Catalina will support only 64-bit apps - and TC Near Control Panel is 32-bit

Is there any chance TC Electronic will update TC Near to support for 64-bit only operating systems? It would be a shame to have all those killer audio interfaces bricked...

read more...
    10 7,153
    • nixx
      yann_

I agree. but it seems they are not involved in this forum at all. 

I think it's more for users, cause if you check most posts don't even get replies, sometimes if ure lucky a user will help you out but Tc's staff have not seen em around. 

• October 3, 2019
    • nixx
      lello88

Hello, updated yesterday to OSX Catalina, my  Impact Twin unfortunately does not work, I sent an email to the support, I hope to receive an email from the support, greetings

• October 10, 2019
    • nixx
      LB

I own a Studio Konnekt 48 and I really love that interface. It is perfect for my recording needs, sounds great and has reasonable latencies. 

It is a real shame, that TC Electronics don't support this fairly new product. In a time where everybody's talking about the environment and saving resources, it just doesn't seem right that I have to throw away a perfectly good (great actually...) audio interface, just because I wish to upgrade the software on my Mac. 

Next time I buy an audio product I guess I will spend some time checking out the "end of life" policies of the manufaturer. The software support should last at least as long as the life expectancy of the hardware product.

I always thought of TC Electronics as a serious and trustworthy manufacturer, but this time you have really let me down...

• October 14, 2019
    • nixx
      LB

I wonder if TC even exits anymore, after they have been ackquired by Behringer.. 

• November 25, 2019
    • nixx
      hakanbahadir

I have the same problem, luckily I was the Beta tester of Catalina and could be able to turn back to previous version. I can not use Catalina just because of this hardware and it is not acceptable.

TC please answer us with a solution.

Hakan

• December 12, 2019
  • Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • rcarline
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-09

Hi, since moving to the new 2019 Mac Pro which comes with Catalina Pre Installed, i can't get the Clarity M Stereo (V2) to be detected by the plugin. I've tried both the AU and AAX plugins, (Logic, Pro Tools) and Unplugging / Pluggin the Clarity M USB Cable, and reinstalling the software / Restarting the Mac. 

The computer was set up from scratch, no files were migrated over from an old installation.

MacOS 10.15.2

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ryan

read more...
    0 372
    • rcarline
      KenMitchell

Hi Ryan ( @rcarline ), 

Welcome to the community.  I'm not familiar with the ports on the new Mac Pro but are you connecting through any kind of hub or port dock?  I know that Thunderbolt to USB docks have been known to cause problems. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken 

• January 9, 2020
    • rcarline
      rcarline

It has 2 regular USB A female ports on the back which feed USB 3 hubs, and 4 USB C ports. 

When the Clarity M didn't get detected using the usual connection to the hub, i connected it directly to a USB C port (with an Apple USB C to USB adapter) and it was still not detected. 

As this is MacOS Catalina, I checked System preferences / Security after installing, to see if the a driver was being blocked but didn't see any problem.

• January 9, 2020
    • rcarline
      TC-Claus

Hi rcarline,

Have You tried running the installer again ?

All the best from

Claus

• March 4, 2020
  • SebastianKuhn
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-01

hi all,

i m searching for the device control software for the LM2 19" device.

support from TC are not able to help, because the LM2 is too old

maybe anybody of you can help to find the software. google did not help.

hope fully any on of you have these software still available.

thx so much

all the best

Sebastian

read more...
    0 305
  • yann_
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-22

No new updates or improvements for this unit? 

Curious if it will stay like how it is or maybe some new features will be added? 

0 261
  • TC-Claus
    Triber Moderator
    2020-05-17

Myriad Mounting Options

CLARITY M includes an integrated stand, making it perfect for any desktop. A pair of mounting holes provides compatibility with RAM-Mounts, allowing convenient attachment to a wall or ceiling. Other options include a suction cup for mounting on hard surfaces and a tough-claw mount for mic stand applications, all of which are available separately.

https://www.rammount.com/

All the best and stay safe from

Claus

read more...
    0 211
  • Torsten
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-08
    0 186
  • sirtezza
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-07

No new drivers For Konnekt is not good business, here’s why….

I have a TC Electronic Konnekt6. It has been a good workhorse for a number of years. I have recently upgraded my iMac and have found that old drivers aren’t suitable for the new OS, they haven’t been updated. The tribe has decided not support these older units, basically rendering my interface useless. I have strong feelings about this and would like to express them here. (Not that anyone from the ‘tribe’ will really care).
    I’m trying to understand this cynical decision to no longer support older units, there is no practical or technical reason, updating the drivers to 64 bit would be a simple task, they could even charge a small fee that I’m sure most would happily pay, but no, no new drivers, in the bin with your perfectly functioning units and off to the shops to buy a new one. A poor decision on so many levels! This toxic, ‘sales at any cost’ mentality can only be described as short sighted at best, cynical and highly corrupt at worst. To treat your loyal customers in this fashion has surely begun a slippery slope to the bottom. I will be telling as many people as I can about this and will go out of my way to have people understand what has happened. If you buy a product from these people, not too far down the line THEY WILL SHAFT YOU!

read more...
    0 182
    • sirtezza
      dzemal5

Hi,

I have a konnekt 24d. I also need this answer, what are we going to do? Do we need to just walk away, and buy new product? Please advice. I need near control panel for my mac catalina 10.15.4.

best!

• April 30, 2020
    • sirtezza
      barbaroja

Wow this is too sad to read. Specially for people who have used TC for life like me.

• May 24, 2020
  • Ras
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-31

Hi all, 

I want to connect a clarity m to my editing workstation. 

I mostly use Adobe premiere and a little bit Avid MC.

My I/O card has no optical in or out. Can I do it just with usb3 directly into my computer or do I have to connect it with my I/O card.

Thanks for helping me out. 

read more...
    0 178
    • Ras
      verendus

You should be able connect via USB and then use a plug-in (AAX for Avid MC, VST for Premiere) as a track effect for your metering.

• February 1, 2020
    • Ras
      TC-Claus

Hi Ras,

Verendus is right! If You have AES out You can use that as well ...

All the best from

Claus

• March 4, 2020
  • yann_
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-24

As the Title says... 

Will there be any updates for the clarity some improvements... 

Addons, A VU Meter... etc... 

??? 

0 173
    • yann_
      TC-Nicolaj

Hi Yann, that's an excellent idea! No guarantees, but I'll make sure to forward the suggestion to the development team.

• November 27, 2019
Go to page