Statistics

228,040 members
102,852 posts
  • New
    Estebanmerlin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-07

Hello my Logic Pro X doesnt want to open because of Clarity M when I open it since I did the Big Sur update.
    All the other plugins are fine, this is the only plugin which doesn't work.
    I need to desintall it for Logic Pro X to open.
    Can you help ?

Thanks 

read more...
    1 130
    • Estebanmerlin
      KyleJohnson Hi Esteban, Kyle here with Music Tribe. First, make sure your Clarity M Plugin and Firmware are both fully updated. If you are still having issues, please contact us by submitting a Technical Support ticket through the Support link at the top of the page.
      • December 7, 2020
    • Estebanmerlin
      Oldman Привет! Столкнулся с такой же проблемой, в как точно описано все (https://community.musictribe.com/discussions?category_id=52&subcat_id=248&subsubcat_id=367). Не могу найти решение. Если оно уже есть, пожалуйста, сообщите, что делать? PS: Apple Apple Mac Pro (2013 2013 года), OS Big Sur.
      • Jan 2
      • Clarity M - Mac OS Big Sur
        KyleJohnson Hi Aleksei, please make sure that USB mode is set to "Plug in". Then please also confirm that you have updated your firmware and the plugin software to the most recent versions. If you are still experiencing problems please submit a case through the support link at the top of the page.
        • Jan 4
        Oldman Hello Kyle!

Unfortunately, the problem with the plugin was not solved (although almost 2 weeks were devoted to correspondence with technical support)... Plugin Clarity M still crushed Logic Pro 10.6.1. Again, if disabled and disconnected device Clarity M USB active as plug-in Clarity M in the project, the plugin does not allow to load the project and Logic Pro crashed. Mac Pro 2013 macOS Big Sur workstation. Before switching to the new OS, there were no problems with working via USB Mode: Plug-in. On the MacBook Pro 2019 Intel there are no problems and everything works fine (connect via USB-C HUB 3.0).

And one more detail: the clarity_m_v2_0_1_mac.dmg installer does not deliver *. component,*. v stand *. vst3 files in their own directories.

If someone on the forum faced such a problem, tell me in what direction to look for a solution?
        • Jan 14
        Estebanmerlin Same problem !
        Can you please do something about it ??
        • Jan 29
    • Estebanmerlin
      Estebanmerlin Still nothing guys ?
      • Jan 29
        KyleJohnson Hello, we have tested the Clarity M on multiple Big Sur machines without issue, so it is not an incompatibility problem. I have one sitting on my desk, right now, working with Big Sur on an iMac. If you are having issues, please submit a technical support ticket through the Support link at the top of the page. Always make sure you are on the latest firmware and plugin versions, and make sure you are connecting directly to a USB port on the computer, bypassing any hubs for best results.
        • Jan 29
    • Estebanmerlin
      syntaction Hello there!

Unfortunately I have the same issue like the thread starter. Since MacOS Big Sur and Logic Pro 10.6 the Clarity-M Plugin crashes the DAW even on startup.

My configuration is:
      Clarity-M Plugin: v2.0.1
      Clarity-M Firmware: v2.0.3
      Direct USB Connection
      USB Mode set to Plugin
      macOS Big Sur 11.2.1
      Intel Mac (i7, Late 2015, 32GB RAM)
      Logic Pro 10.6.1

I noticed the following things when I tried to fix the problem (for example by reinstalling the Plugin etc.)

- Crash also happens if Clarity-M is switched off, so the Plugin itself crashes. If you clear the AU Cache it also crashes when Logic tries to rescan the Plugin

- If you reinstall the Plugin again it sometimes works again in the DAW but as soon you reboot your machine completely it crashes again

- The VST2 Version of the Plugin seems to work (VST2 Host, so maybe a Logic/AU exclusive Problem?)

- The Plugin has to be part of a project you open when you start logic to make it crash

I really hope this helps you to reproduce the error and update the AU Plugin. I really love to use the device via Plugin because that saves me a complicated audio route and on my mobile setup it's also much more flexible via plugin.

The setup worked by the way on the same computer with the same plugin environment on the previous macOS & Logic Pro version, so Big Sur or Logic 10.6 was the issue here I guess.

When reinstalling the Plugin I also tried to remove it entirely first and cleaned the AU Cache, so there should not be an issue with maybe old or corrupted drivers (or better plugin files) here. It only does not crash Logic with a lot of luck then.

- Chris

PS: While I'm here I also have a little feature request: It would be really cool if you could integrate Clarity-M Support via Plugin Like Connection to the tc electronic Finalizer Software. Would really be a handy addition! :)
      • Feb 17
        KyleJohnson Hello, Thank you for this report Chris. Can you please submit all of this information as a Technical Support case through the Support link at the top of the page?
        • ·
        • Feb 17
        syntaction Thank you for the fast reply, Kyle! No problem, I will submit the infos via the Support system.
        • Feb 17
  • athnony
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-26

Hi all - I'm having trouble getting the footswitch "reset" feature to work on my Clarity M Stereo. Do I need to use a certain type of footswitch? I've tried a few different keyboard sustain pedals without any luck.

Also, I'm using the Clarity in plugin mode - would that affect the footswitch in any way (I assume not)?

read more...
    0 79
    • athnony
      WilliamR Hello Anthony, Please be sure you are using a two-button footswitch with a TRS cable as shown in the diagram on page 7 of the users manual.
      • July 28, 2020
    • athnony
      WilliamR https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/documents/tcelectronic/CLARITY%20M_CLARITY%20M%20STEREO_M_EN.pdf
      • July 28, 2020
      • Clarity M Stereo Footswitch not recognized
        athnony Thanks for the help William. I did try 2 different two-button foot switches with TRS ends like those pictured - both did not work. Do you know if this dual pedal needs to be a momentary switch pedal, or a latching on/off type pedal? If you have a model of pedal you can recommend, I'll gladly take whatever advice you can give me!
        • July 28, 2020
    • athnony
      WilliamR In relation to your question:

“For a clarity M, Do you know if this dual pedal needs to be a momentary switch pedal, or a latching on/off type pedal? If you have a model of pedal you can recommend, I'll gladly take whatever advice you can give me!”

I would recommend a momentary switch pedal since the GPI inputs on the Clarity M acts like the PAUSE/PLAY and RESET buttons on the product itself – these buttons are momentary.

The connected switch must support the ¼ Jack pin assignments specified in the manual – see picture below

GPI1 is activated by momentarily shorting Jack Tip and Jack Sleeve
      GPI2 is activated by momentarily shorting Jack Ring and Jack Sleeve

My only experience connecting a foot switch to Clarity M is using a MXR M199 (Single Tap Tempo Switch) which work fine and is TRS configurable through DIP switches inside. I believe they also make dual pedals, but I would assume that some of the Behringer pedals might work as well - e.g. FS112BV Dual Momentary Footswitch
      • July 31, 2020
      • Clarity M Stereo Footswitch not recognized
        athnony Awesome, thanks for such a detailed response William! I'll try one with that configuration.
        • July 31, 2020
  • New
    Wellroundedproductions
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-02

I have a brand new out of the box unit that will not boot past the "clarity m" logo. Everything is still boxed from factory... I am beyond disappointed. Is there any hard resets? Or anything I can try on my end? Or a hardware repair? What's the warranty on these things? :(

read more...
    0 54
    • Wellroundedproductions
      Nigel67 Hi, i am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues on your product straight out of the box. If it is still under 30 days old, then I would advise contacting the shop that you purchased the unit from and ask for DOA replacement. If it is over 30 days old, then please click on the support tab at the top of the page. In the new page that opens, scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. I would not advise opening the unit in any way as this will void your warranty. Have you tried connecting the unit to a computer and seeing if you can upgrade the software? Please check this link for upgrading. There are also instructions in the user manual.
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=5e1bec50-2ecd-ea11-a812-000d3ac693d8&brand=TC%20Electronic
      • Feb 1
      • “Clarity M Stereo”
        Wellroundedproductions Unfortunately it won’t boot to the point where I can put it in usb mode. Yes this is a bran new item. Unfortunately it sat in the box unopened for more than 30 days really bummed. I submitted a ticket but this suckssss
        • ·
        • Feb 2
      • “Clarity M Stereo”
        Nigel67 I can only apologise again. One of my colleagues will take care of the repair details for you. This is definitely not to the standards that we strive to meet.
        • Feb 2
    • Wellroundedproductions
      GoosesGaggle123 i am having the same issue, any advice?
      • Apr 8
  • Montegrifo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-21

Hi guys!

I really need some help with the hook-up and setup of the Clarity M Surround. I have had no problem hooking it up and setting it up in stereo mode, but I work with 5.1 surround and this is a real brain wrecker... Luckily, my interface it's also tc electronic (Studio Konnekt 48) so I hope this should ease things up. It looks like that the clarity just recognizes surround if you set the Clarity's INPUT up to AES1-3, but it looks like the Studio Konnekt 48 can just output 2 channels through the SPDIF... (maybe I'm wrong). And if I switch the Clarity input to "digital" so the optical ADAT output gives up to eight channels, the Clarity goes on stereo mode... Please need some help here...

Thanks!

read more...
    0 52
    • Montegrifo
      PedroRodrigues Hi,
      César Montegrifo you will need to connect this via SUB-D cable, the 3 BNC connectors accept signals from your audio interface via S/PDIF by using the included BNC-to-RCA adapter, for surround sound use, 3 adapters will be needed.
      We recommend the Neutrik NA2FBNC adapter for this purpose, as you can see below

Please see each of the inputs stated below you will need one adaptor mention above of each input

Please see below how the DB15 cable routs the signal

I hope this helps.
      Thank you
      • September 21, 2020
      • Clarity M 5.1 Surround
        Montegrifo Hi Pedro,
        Thanks for the help, I was aware of that, but my audio interface (tc electronic studiokonnekt48) has only one AES/EBU output as the majority of the audio interfaces have.
        Does this mean that I need to change my Audio Interface?? T.C. Electronic should warn about this. Not even sure which surround audio interface has 3 AES/EBU outputs or a AES/EBU 6 channel D-sub connector...
        T.C. Electronics should have a compatibility list.
        Thank you Pedro
        • ·
        • September 21, 2020
      • Clarity M 5.1 Surround
        PedroRodrigues Hi César Montegrifo , please be aware that you will be able to connect a XLR cable on a AES3 as the AES/EBU cable is 110 ohm balanced and the XLR is typically 66-75ohm cable, you will lose quality but you will be able to run it.
        When it comes to the compatibility list or any kind of information regarding the StudioKonnekt 48 is a legacy unit and we have stopped releasing any resources for this unit for some time now.
        May I ask why to you wish to measure your Loudness in 5.1 configuration?
        • ·
        • September 21, 2020
  • tomkeene
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-29

where is a definitive xtouch-x touch compact logic manual/video/tutorial

0 36
  • New
    goodtime_vs
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-09

Hello guys,

Could somebody help me to find out the possible manufacture date of Konnekt 48 device I've purchased recently? Its Serial Number is (21) 10070257 and TC Item Number is 967300051. Another interested detail that OPTO and ADAT toslink ports have different design, OPTO ones have no covers, but ADAT ones have doors. I've attached a photo of the internals as well (can provide more, if needed).

Thanks,
    Vitalii

read more...
    0 33
    • goodtime_vs
      goodtime_vs More photos:
      • Apr 9
    • goodtime_vs
      PedroRodrigues Hi goodtime_vs please consider that from your serial number I think your unit was manufactured in 2007 but I cannot confirm this information
      • Apr 14
      • Possible manufacture date of Studio Konnekt 48 audio interface
        goodtime_vs In case anybody needs it, the latest firmware is installed with the drivers and located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\TC Electronic\TC Near\Firmware
        • ·
        • Apr 16
  • SebastianRobertson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

Hello - My level pilot creates a lot of static when i turn it now. What product should I use to alleviate? 

0 32
    • SebastianRobertson
      WilliamR Hello Sebastion, I would recommend taking it to a service technician and have them spray the potentiometer with some contact cleaner. This should clear up any build-up that may be causing the static when you physically turn the knob.
      • October 2, 2020
  • New
    bradp015
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Hi, 

Having some trouble making this work.

Clarity M >>>stock cable d sub fanout #1 cable to BNC to XLR adapter (as stated in manual)>>>connected to 1. mackie dl32r AES out, and 2. Aphex Compellor AES out. Signal present at outputs but not apparent at Clarity meter. (I have not confirmed signal is at the AES output but assume it would be on both devices)

I see metering at about 20-30db less than expected. (It may be just noise? I do not have a way to monitor the AES outputs of the mackie and compellor) Peaks around -35db. Although Im running a -12LUFS signal out the analog outputs of both devices. (mackie and compellor)

> On the mackie I was not able to get lock when I adjusted input to AES1 on the clarity. Never locked.

> on the Compellor, lock didnt happen for a while, although I was new to connecting to AES and it may have been user error in selecting AES1 in the sys prefs.)

I am using the adapter stated in the manual. I am using the stock fan out cable. Nothing else is connected other than power to the clarity. I have used this unit with Optical sp/dif and toslink with success. (analog RCA to AD converter to clarity). I have also tried AES out of a x32 without success. Pls comment if you have ANY troubleshooting ideas!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Any help apreciated!!!

Brad P

thank you!

read more...
    0 30
    • bradp015
      PedroRodrigues Hi Brad have you tried specific AES 50 cables on the case of the Mackie as the AES50 is transmitter at higher frequencies than the one supported via a XLR cable? Are you using the Neutrik NA2FBNC adapter to bridge the BNC connection with XLR connection present on the Sub D cable? Have you selected the digital input source for AES on the Clarity M?
      • Jan 15
    • bradp015
      bradp015 -- I'm using the cable provided by TC electronics.
      -- I am using the Neutrik adapter to bridge the BNC connection with XLR connection present on the D sub cable That is provided in the clarity box. The fan out cable.
      -- I have selected the AES one, AES two, AES three, and optical choices on the clarity.
      Thank you for your ideas
      • Jan 15
    • bradp015
      bradp015 Any other things you think I might try???
      • Jan 16
      • Clarity M running in stereo via AES XLR adapter connector not working
        PedroRodrigues Hi bradp015 can you confirm that when you select the digital input, you are selecting the correct channels? The options are AES 1, 2, 3, 1-3 (5.1 surround).
        • Jan 18
    • bradp015
      bradp015 thank you Pedro!!!
      When i select the dig channels i can see on the display AES1, AES2,AES3 etc....
      How long does it take for the clarity to lock to the digital input?
      Does it auto select the sample rate/bit depth?
      The manual isnt very specific about it all..
      thank you for your help!!!
      • Jan 18
        PedroRodrigues It should not take long to lock on to the input signal. Can you please provide details on the signal inputting on the Clarity M? Thank you
        • Jan 19
    • bradp015
      bradp015 The device is a Aphex Compellor with AES out. The XLR to BNC adapter to the tc elec included cable assembly fan out with D sub is connected to the clarity. Signal is a commercial song playing thru the mackie dl32R going to the compellor. The analog outs of the comopellor is routed to a tricaster video switcher.
      • Jan 19
        PedroRodrigues Hi bradp015 can you confirm if the signal outputting form the tricaster is AES3?
        • Jan 20
  • New
    Oboroten
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-17

Xenyx control 2 usb only uses the ASIO4ALL driver? Are there any other options?

0 30
    • Oboroten
      Nigel67 The ASIO Driver download appears to be missing from the Control2 USB website page. Apologies for this. I will get it put back up. The ASIO4ALL is the correct driver.
      • Mar 17
  • New
    JohannesPla
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-06

Dear TC Electronic Team, 

I' recently bought the clarity m stereo and I really like it so far. Nevertheless the spectrum analyzer is too compressed in my opinion. For me, the spectrum is the the most important tool in production/mixing phase. Is there any consideration for an future update on "optional" expanding of the analyzer? This would definetely fulfill my dream and I believe a lot of users or potential buyers would love this feature. Otherwise I'm gonna have to consider if I really need this device on long term. 

Also a tilt setting for the spectrum analyzer and an optional RMS and crest factor readout would be amazing! 

Best wishes Johannes 

read more...
    0 30
    • JohannesPla
      PedroRodrigues Hi Johannes, please be aware that any updates on the unit and the respective plug in is present on the products page that you can access by following the link below: https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0DC8. Please also consider that regarding the RTA, this tool allows a individual band zoom that allows you to pinpoint exact frequencies allowing any frequencies to be easily identified and adjusted, I understand its not a full screen or even a more expanded view but still allows a detail working environment. In Regard to RMS and crest factor please consider that the Clarity M is a Loudness Meter and offers the most used Loudness meters, therefor when it comes to the RMS meters and the crest factor, these are based respectively on PEAK meters and RMS meters and are effectively outside the operating scope of the Clarity M, that is exclusively a Loudness Meter. Thank you
      • Jan 7
Go to page