Statistics

234,077 members
109,689 posts
  • Georgeous
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-11

Installed tc2290 on Mac with OS Catalina. Install says successful & indeed the software shows up as expected. However, it says there is no hardware. I do have the hardware connected directly to the computer (not via a hub) and have swooped our TC’s cable for another cable known to be working. Extremely disappointed. Does anyone here have any ideas? It seems TC can’t be bothered to supply tech support, but hey I’ve earned a useless badge. Way to go TC ?? . Any help gratefully received!

read more...
    0 169
    • Georgeous
      TC-Claus

Hi Georgeous,

What DAW are You using ?

We have seen this issue in Ableton Live only.

All the best from

Claus

• January 12, 2020
    • Georgeous
      Georgeous

Hi Claus,

Thanks for the response. ?? I’m using Reaper 6. Since last posting I’ve tried uninstalling & reinstalling, no joy...s/ware can’t see the hardware. Hardware displays red dashes, no numbers & no response to any button pushing. I loved working with the original hardware version back in the day   ...ho hum...the price of progress...

At this point I’m prepared to cast Rune stones & throw wing of bat at it..perhaps you’ve got a better plan?

• January 13, 2020
    • Georgeous
      TC-Claus

Hi Georgeous,

I've tested and can replicate Your issue.

To solve it, install the non-Catalina version of Reaper

All the best from

Claus

• January 13, 2020
  • Karolisv
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-20

Hello,

As TC Electronic web page is down for many days and I just realized I dont have installer for VSS3 Native, maybe someone could share it with me?

Thanks in advance!

0 158
  • kstolting
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-17

Does anyone know if TC Electronics offer an educational discount? I've left messages on the support Pre-Sales page and haven't gotten any response. TIA for any info

0 153
    • kstolting
      TC-Nicolaj

Hi Kelsie, thank you for your interest in Finalizer and apologies for the late reply. For now I'm afraid we don't offer edu discounts on our software, but I will definitely suggest it to our studio team.

// Nicolaj

• January 19, 2020
      • Educational Discount for Finalizer software
        blaux Ouch! Every cool company offers edu discounts...
        • September 19, 2020
    • kstolting
      blaux ouch, every cool company offers edu discounts...
      • September 19, 2020
  • NickLehn
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-03

I followed the instructions for install, ilok is set up. The app loads with only a black window. Right click does nothing. The first time I loaded, there was a set up screen, but now there is nothing.

I tried to create a support ticket but there is no option for the finalizer software.

read more...
    0 147
    • NickLehn
      TC-Claus

Hi NickLehn,

Try deleting the Preference file found here:

WIndows

C:\Users\”Your Name”\AppData\Roaming\TC Electronic\Finalizer\app.xml

macOS

/Users/”Your Name”/Library/Application Support/TC Electronic/Finalizer/app.xml

... and then switch to Windows Audio the first time You launch the app.

All the best from

Claus
      • December 4, 2019
    • NickLehn
      NickLehn

Did as suggested, switched to windows audio, but still just a black screen.15758670266695086034725880698329.jpg

• December 8, 2019
  • JLC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-06

Hi there, I already own all the plug ins with the controllers. I think tc, for people like us (we bought the previous version with the controllers) should give us an  ilok license for free (with two instances, even sonnox is doing that).

Thanks for hearing!

read more...
    0 137
    • JLC
      HomeStudio87

@JLC wrote:

Hi there, I already own all the plug ins with the controllers. I think tc, for people like us (we bought the previous version with the controllers) should give us an  ilok license for free (with two instances, even sonnox is doing that).

Thanks for hearing!

+1

• March 5, 2020
    • JLC
      TC-Mike

Hi JLC,

Mike from the guitar team here.. As far as i know, you can just use the native versions and use the controller as a dongle to work with them ..  (or you need to connect it for authorisation and then you can work without it attached  for several months) 

Let me know if this works.... If not, i  pass this on the my colleagues in the Pro team..

Best,

Mike

• March 17, 2020
    • JLC
      chrismilne

The fact that the early adopters who paid more cant' use the version without the controller (i.e. on the road or like me the controller doesn't work in the the last 6 months of updates for Studio One) is an unbelievable disrepectful decision to your customers.   

• April 1, 2020
  • chrismilne
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-12-09

This worked fine last night on my project in studio one with a Mac Mini.  Today, just dashes.  Says not connected.  I've tried through a hub and direct to a usb port.  I've used the hardware less than 5 times.  Please help.  I tried to reinstall the drivers already.

read more...
    0 131
    • chrismilne
      chrismilne

It's just a bad idea that you can't use the software without the hardware, I'm stuck not being able to use this. 

• December 10, 2019
    • chrismilne
      TC-Rasmus

Hey Chris

It sounds like it could be a hardware problem. Maybe try the unit on another computer - and tell us if that works?

• December 10, 2019
    • chrismilne
      chrismilne

I went through the hassle last night of installing Boot Camp, my daw, plugins etc on my mac under windows....and strangely it seemed to work there.   So that is the same unit, on the same mac mini (but under windows/bootcamp), even on the same USB hub.

I went back to the mac and used an app cleaner to delete everything, deleted all the instances of the plugin in the vst/3 folders...reinstalled and no change.   Anything else on a mac i need to clean out to really remove it from the OS?  I don't know enough about mac's to find it...i thought it was just supposed to work...they say.

• December 10, 2019
    • chrismilne
      TC-Rasmus

It should work though.
      Nice of you to check by going through all that work

Maybe send us some info on the OS you're using right now and some specs on your computer, and we'll look into it?

• December 11, 2019
  • jgilhart
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-22

I like the app but the registration experience & support portal are quite frustrating/buggy.

iLok - jgilhart

finalizer.jpeg

read more...
    0 127
    • jgilhart
      TC-Rasmus

It sometimes ends up in the spam folder on your email, have you found it there?

• January 22, 2020
    • jgilhart
      jgilhart

I checked both Trash & Junk folders for anything around the purchase date (1/14) and didn't find anything.

Thanks for your help, Rasmus.

Jeff

• January 22, 2020
  • mzx0205
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-25

I have a TC 6000 MK2 mastering.

How can I purchase a stereo reverberation license?

0 124
  • stevenawilliams
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-16
    Hello, I cannot open my System 6000 AAX Pro Tools plug in. I am getting DAE error 7054. I recently changed my OS on my Apple Mac to 10.14.1 I am using pro Tools Ultimate 2019.5.0 All the best Steve
    0 124
  • imandr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-01

Hi TC Electronic! I emailed the customer support but they don't reply!

0 119
    • imandr
      RexBeckett

@imandr 

I suggest that you raise a Care ticket for Technical Support explaining your problem. This is done by clicking on Support at the top of the page and then clicking the Create a Care Ticket button. This is only possible if you have completed all the required fields in your profile. Make sure that you fill-in every required field on the Care form.

• May 31, 2020
    • imandr
      imandr

VSS3 NATIVE does not work after updating Mac os 10.14.6. Please explain in more detail how to apply if I have a problem with the plugin VSS3 NATIVE

Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 12.11.25.png
      • May 31, 2020
    • imandr
      TC-Claus

Hi imandr,

VSS3 Native should work just fine in macOS 10.14.6

Would You explain in more detail the issues You're having? Have You installed the latest version?

All the best and stay safe from

Claus

• June 1, 2020
    • imandr
      imandr

Hi TC-Claus! I have the latest version installed. 

Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 11.18.04.png
      • June 1, 2020
    • imandr
      TC-Claus

I see it's a license issue - do You have access to the other computer? or do You want me to do a machine reset? (then please PM me Your iLok ID)

• June 1, 2020
Go to page