Statistics

250,621 members
127,804 posts
  • Cpelaez1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-19
    Hey folks. Got the g system about a month ago and I love it. I have the brains in the rack and have been using my volume pedal fine since I got it. Using the Y cable to connect it into the controller volume jack and one day it stopped working. I have literally tried everything: a new cable, re calibrating it (it says it's working fine), clearing the entire system, different insert loop cables, ect... I don't know what else to do and I love volume swells so you can realize how badly I need to fix this lol. Thanks again.

Cristian
    read more...
    0 4,603
    • Cpelaez1
      Banenis You have to reinstall your firmware. This is a known issue and supposedly the 4.04 firmware release fixes it. However, if you reinstall 4.02, you will regain control of your pedal parameters again.

Good luck.
      • January 18, 2012
    • Cpelaez1
      Cpelaez1 There's a new firmware update?
      • January 18, 2012
    • Cpelaez1
      Cpelaez1 I checked the tc site and only saw the 4.02 firmware I didn't see 4.04 has it not come out yet? Is there an expected date for it?
      • January 18, 2012
    • Cpelaez1
      Cpelaez1 I'm testing the new firmware I'll post results as soon as I get home from work.
      • January 18, 2012
    • Cpelaez1
      Marky944 Hi guys

I am now running 4.04 and so far all is fine. Moreover, when I fancied swapping a few things around between Vol and Expression pedals, every continued to work afterwords! the old version would have had a nervous breakdown over this sort of antics and the G would not have spoken to me for weeks as a result.

I think TC need to get a formal update out to the masses ASAP; it would save a lot of stress and loss of faith in their otherwise great product.

Cheers

Mark
      • January 19, 2012
  • PaulAngle
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-18
    Since Eric has used the stereo SCF chorus model for ages. How about a tone print from him for the Corona?? Eric is the chorus God as far as I am concerned.
    Anyone ideas on pot settings on the std mode to get close to Eric's Chorus?

My 2 cents, the Dan Huff Chorus is the best one I have tried that is solidly musically useful. Thick and lush without loss of control or tone.

I am wondering if TC is ever going to release a public editor version for those of us who do not worship at the altar of a lot of players who are relatively clueless with effects? I hope something comes of it before I get around to replacing my chorus and flashback allowing for presets and a ms readout. Really nice pedals for the bucks, no doubt. The Flashback a really musical delay, love it really but the lure of presets and a ms readout are drawing me. The editor release would make these pedals pretty untouchable.
    read more...
    0 2,775
  • Spudmurphy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-18
    Would someone kindly help this ol' sod to nail the edges delay for the above song, by stating the settings for the fx level, delay and feedback - talking in O'clock terms ? Cheers

Spud
    0 5,120
    • Spudmurphy
      CraigB This works quite well for me...

Delay: 12 o'clock (use Audio Tap for exact delay)

FX Level: 12 o'clock

Delay type: MOD

Switch in middle position (dotted 8th)

hope this helps..
      • February 4, 2012
  • duggie098
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-18
    Can anybody tell me how i can download these presets from the vault,ive tryed to no avail, do i need certain software or something? any help would be great,thanks
    0 1,802
    • duggie098
      krubel54 You need to go to TC Electronic's page for the G-System and download the latest software and firmware. The software is called Vyzor G-System.
      • January 18, 2012
  • MahoganyNewt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-17
    Just wanted to share my experiences with any other G-System users who are thinking about going stereo…..it’s awesome.

My brief with this rig was to achieve a versatile set of sounds with stereo capability while keeping the rig compact for transport and quick set up at gigs.

I am using the 6 cable method to connect my G with two Mesa Mk IVs (beautiful wide body bubinga models). One amp is in the insert loop and the other in loop 4 with the relays set to change channels on both amps simultaneously so I can use all 6 channels. I have one amp set with low to medium gain settings and the other amp with high gain settings.

There is an Ebtech 2-channel hum eliminator fitted inside the back of each amp handling all 4 input connections (preamp in and FX return).

Having identical amps really simplifies balancing the power stage with regards to volume and tone settings. In the Mk IV the presence and graphic controls come after the FX return so I have set mine the same on both amps as I want a balanced stereo sound.

My pedal board is very simple…just the G board and a Boss expression pedal. The 4u rack contains the G brain, a G-Major which processes the output from my piezo loaded bridges, a Samson power conditioner and hidden from view are a modified TS9 Tube Screamer in loop 1 and two Line 6 G30 wireless receivers (one for the magnetic pickup signal and the other for the piezo signal which goes through the G Major to the PA.) I have made the Cat 5 socket mod to the pedal board, mounting it in the rack panel which I have also mounted nearer the back of the pedal board so it’s easy to connect the cable. Thanks to Shark Diver (forum member) For the idea.

Other points of interest; I use 2 Sennheiser E906 microphones which I position dead centre in front of the speakers for feeding my backline to the the PA. I have upgraded both amps with EV speakers, one with a genuine Mesa and the other with an EVM12L…I love these speakers. Also on the stage floor I have a TC Helicon Voicelive 2 for vocal processing. In my band we play with a midi sequencer quite a lot for click track and keyboard backing tracks so I have programmed the sequencer to select the appropriate patches on the G-system and Voicelive via MIDI for the start of each song. It’s one less thing to think about.

On balance I think I have built a fine rig with an awesome sound while retaining a good level of simplicity and portability. It’s not perfect, the channel switching lag is well documented and I get a popping sound when I change from preamp A to preamp B even if I stay on the same channel (i.e. the relays aren’t activated) so I suspect it is more a syncing issue to do with switching one loop on while switching the other off. I love using the doubler effect but I get a bit of phase cancellation with my amps being so close together…however it sounds huge through the PA.

Overall I’m extremely satisfied with the G-system.

read more...
    0 10,846
    • MahoganyNewt
      zaidcrowe Jealous!

Looks amazing - i'd love to hear this bad boy in action!

2 things

- can I see the way you've mounted the ebtechs?

- where did you get the flight case for your g system (link if poss)

congrats - stunning set up!
      • January 17, 2012
    • MahoganyNewt
      Rapollo That is one hell of a rig, got any sound clips or recordings for us?
      • January 17, 2012
    • MahoganyNewt
      Ben_vdd Very nice! Would love to hear it in action as well.
      • January 17, 2012
    • MahoganyNewt
      Colinboy Very impressive rig mate!
      • January 18, 2012
    • MahoganyNewt
      MahoganyNewt Hi zaidcrowe,

I have attached a photo of the back of my rig. The Ebtechs are fastened to the inside of the rear panels of the Boogies with the sockets facing upwards. They are secured with double sided adhesive tape and a couple of angle brackets screwed into the wood. I have colour coded my leads with heat shrink tubing and the jack socket nuts with spray paint so I can set up quickly without having to think too much where everything goes.

The G-System flight case came from Castle Cases in the UK. They make one that just fits the board but I gave them custom sizes so I could fit an expression pedal in as well.

http://www.castlecases.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=43_217&products_id=1364&osCsid=6fbd69c2eae8ff4f61ff8c9cca28ab9a/

Rapollo, sorry I don’t have any sound clips at the moment but I’ll see what I can do.

• January 18, 2012
  • Rapollo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-17
    Simple question, I have recent weeks bought a G System and require a new flight case for zee G and some other pedals (to be precise, a single Boss FV500H, ISP Decimator and an Vox Ice 9 OD.)

Would the following case be big enough to hold the G and the mentioned pedals (I think so, but I'd rather get some seasoned professionals opinions.) In the past I have just played my heart out and never really bothered to much with FX but recently was prodded to play at a level where I needed to up the game.

http://www.theflightcasecompany.com/products/GB03-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Board-Flight-Case.html

Maybe have space for a couple more pedals and an FV500H? Thats all I would need. I would rather get a fairly small case that is a tighter fit as opposed to an oversized case. Size and portability is a big deal for me at the moment!

Cheers guys!
    Also thanks to Laird for his papers, some seriously good stuff there for new G users!
    read more...
    0 3,145
    • Rapollo
      davekmusic I had a softshell clamshell cover made for my pedal board. It is well padded, certainly enough for transporting in the car. Not good enough if you need to ship yours or have it loaded on a plane I wouldn't think.

But since she makes them custom it fit like a glove and doesn't weigh hardly anything. You can get them with a pocket for additional pedals.

http://www.studioslips.com/
      • January 17, 2012
    • Rapollo
      neilbunker

Rapollo wrote:

Simple question, I have recent weeks bought a G System and require a new flight case for zee G and some other pedals (to be precise, a single Boss FV500H, ISP Decimator and an Vox Ice 9 OD.)

Would the following case be big enough to hold the G and the mentioned pedals (I think so, but I'd rather get some seasoned professionals opinions.) In the past I have just played my heart out and never really bothered to much with FX but recently was prodded to play at a level where I needed to up the game.

http://www.theflightcasecompany.com/products/GB03-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Board-Flight-Case.html

Maybe have space for a couple more pedals and an FV500H? Thats all I would need. I would rather get a fairly small case that is a tighter fit as opposed to an oversized case. Size and portability is a big deal for me at the moment!

Cheers guys!

Also thanks to Laird for his papers, some seriously good stuff there for new G users!

The best way to figure out how much space you need is to set up everything you want to have on the board on the floor (including cables, power supplies, ect.) and measure how much space they take up. You can get a pretty tight fit with some good planning. If you have something you don't own yet but are considering, look up the dimensions and make cardboard cutout to represent it in your layout (keep in mind that cable plugs take up some space, so factor that in.

If you are in the US, and are comfortable making your own cables, you can get flat plugs from Radio Shack that save lots of room. I bought a smaller expression pedal in order to make my board fit on a premade pedal board case, which saves some money vs. custom ordered cases.

Here's my board, I rack my brain, so I just have the G control board and a EB VP Jr for expression.

• January 18, 2012
  • Khawk
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-17
    I'm trying to map the G-sys to the Jmp1 patches. I'm doing everything on the TC video correctly but the Jmp1 seems to act erratically. I don't seem to even be able to get patch 04 in any MIDI mode!

Both are on MIDI Channel 1

I hope someone can help - I'm now at a loss!
    read more...
    0 2,129
    • Khawk
      guillespiers Hi, I also have a JMP-1 preamp. You need to get to the G´s MIDI menu, and make sure you got the same parameters:

- Prg Chng In: ON

- Prg Chng Out: ON MAP

Then, search for "PRG MAP" parameter. This is where you should do your MIDI mapping. For example:

PRG MAP 00-1 to 5, means that your GSYSTEM patch 00-1 will use JMP-1´s #5 (or in this case, n° 4, because JMP-1´s first patch is 00!!

On your JMP-1, press "CHANNEL" button, and select OMNI (you should find it as a symbol).
      • January 17, 2012
    • Khawk
      Laird_Williams

guillespiers wrote:

On your JMP-1, press "CHANNEL" button, and select OMNI (you should find it as a symbol).

I strongly discourage the use of OMNI on any MIDI guitar amp, switcher, or FX unit. Use of OMNI exists primarily for MIDI Sequencers, and using it with other devices can cause all kinds of hard-to-diagnose and weird side-effects. Your guitar amp is NOT a MIDI sequencer. It may work fine right now - but add another MIDI device (like a Nova Drive or similar) and watch the show then. And by then, you'll forget that your amp is on OMNI and that you asked for it, and you'll be "WTFing" all over the forums.

It takes about 1 minute of effort, if you go REAL slow, to set the Amp and G-System to matching SPECIFIC (1-16) MIDI channels. This will save you pain later. That's all that has to happen. They have to be on the same channel.
      • January 18, 2012
    • Khawk
      damcka Best advice is that jmp-1 starts at 00 this should fix everything....tht and go slow as laird said
      • January 18, 2012
  • BlueSpecial
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-17
    Hello,

so I have the following configuration (3 Cable Method as my OD sounds awesome connected directly to amp but not so good when going thru G-System):

Guitar -> OD/DS Pedal -> Amp Input

G-System Send -> Amp FX Return

G-System Return -> Amp FX Send

Now I have this amazing Vox AC30 preamp pedal, which haves an amazing sound connected with a Treble Booster.

How can I hook up all this with the G-System? I know the manual haves a similar schematic for this but my question is: what about the Treble Booster? Where should I put that on the chain?
    read more...
    0 1,042
  • ronnylay
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-17
    Suppose i am just using the amp. return, which i want to skip the preamp, whichas i like to use my overdrive pedals as preamp

now i have an ISP G string, where should i put it at and how to set up in G system??

I do not need the 4 cables method now, should i do like

GTR ---> ISP GTR IN
    Amp return ----> ISP GTR out
    G system send ----> ISP Dec Input
    G system return ---> ISP Dec out

One more question, the last loop of the G system is insert/return loop? are the loops in the system is in serial like loop 1 to loop 2 ...etc?

thank you for letting me know!
    read more...
    0 756
  • ecksha
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-17
    Hi,
    I've had the RH450 for 2 years now and now have the RH750. Best stuff I've ever played...
    I'm trying to re-create the sound of a Ampeg SVT , like heard with Deep Purple or early Van Halen..
    Any suggestons for setups? I have a custom bass that can sound anywhere from early Fenders to Musicman.. (Bartolini pickups..) I'm looking for a low-volume set-up. Not using pedals.

Any help is appreciated help...

Thanks
    ecksha

PS..I'm a tech head..Giving my specific frequences, settings, levels is what I need...
    read more...
    0 4,579
Go to page