Statistics

253,899 members
131,505 posts
  • Henbarn
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-10-20
    Hi I have just got a rh750 and when I plug my korg g5 synth pedal in to the effects loop and bypass the pedal the level of my rh is still effected by the input level of the korg g5 ? Ie if I turn up the input of the korg when bypass the level of my rh goes up?? I don't want this to happen? I want to bypass the effect and go straight into my rh input and that is my volume??
    Please help??
    read more...
    0 1,608
  • Gregor69
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-10-19
    Hello,

Just want to post my disappointment!

After 4 weeks of owning a RH450 I saw today that one of the MEM buttons is already broken (missing a quarter)
    I played the amp 1 gig (club) and 3 practices, always carry it in the TC-Bag, treat it like an egg and never left it on its own.

Today I took it out of the bag to show it to a friend and I couldn't believe when I found it with the broken button

I there a way to just replace this button? I can't just bring the amp back to the store where I bought it because I ordered it online at thomann.de - but I live on Lanzarote/Canary Islands/Spain so sending it back would leave me at least 3 weeks without amp (not speaking about the shipping cost).

Regards,
    Gregor
    read more...
    0 1,893
  • Horvath
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-10-17
    Hey!! After they stole all my equipment(for some reason left guitars)..decided to go with smaller rig. So i got this unit and like all grown up kids played with it!! Than i saw that the update was available. Did everything thats been written ( connected midi out from my Delta AP midi to Nova midi in ) and clicked update!! Nova reacted, and after the update was finished i disconnected unit, power it on again and it still shows v. 01. 13.
    Where did i go wrong?? =)

Thanx u all!!
    read more...
    0 11,317
    • Horvath
      yes2matt good midi cable/connection? or cheap chinese one? I couldn't do the update with my cheapo usb-midi dongle, I had to power up my Extigy and use a real MIDI cable. then it went smooth like yogurt.
      • October 18, 2011
    • Horvath
      cbcatz Yeah I'm having the same problem, I'm using the E-mu 1x1 usb/midi cable and I've tried it 5 times with no success from1.13 to 1.2.

It runs to 100% then upon restarting still says 1.13.

I've also tried another update on a Gdec with this device with no results.

Is it just an inferior midi device?

Anyone know of an inexpensive proven device that works.

If I try another device that's successful I'll post ti on here.

thanks
      • October 30, 2011
    • Horvath
      kdk Exact same problem here, too. Unfortunately, TCE support was no help. I've asked them to update their list of recommended MIDI interfaces since the current list is pretty out of date. We'll see where that goes.
      • October 30, 2011
    • Horvath
      zulucat I used an M-Audio UNO to download the update to the NS. I've also used the UNO to interface to a number of other pieces of MIDI equipment without any problems. The UNO works just fine for me.
      • October 30, 2011
    • Horvath
      jwoertz Same here on the M-Audio Uno. Works perfectly for me, too.
      • October 31, 2011
  • fedemdp86
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-10-13
    Hi! I'm Federico Tarquini, musician from Mar del Plata, Argentina (Sorry if my english isn't good enough! . I owned a Nova System a few month ago, it's really cool! It covers the essential factors of sounding and more!

Yesterday, a friend lent to me a Boss Fv-300L, so i can control different parameters with it. After a few minutes of setting it , I was ready to use it with the whammy. It worked pretty well, but i noticed that not always, full down or full up, the pedal range was correct. Sometimes it achieves 100%, or 98% at the top, and 1% or 0% down. So...the problem? Can you help me? It looks like a small detail, but using this kind of pitch effect, it sounds really bad when it not works properly.

P.S: http://soundcloud.com/federico-tarquini-fmt here is one of my web sites, with my music!

Thanks in advance!!
    read more...
    0 7,843
    • fedemdp86
      les I had the same situation with Boss FV-500-H. The solution: you need to calibrate the pedal. The maximum setting should be configured as follows: move the expression pedal to the max position, on the display of Nova System you should see figures like 16 or 17. Move the expression slightly back until you have about 15 on the display. Your done!

The same approach helps with the minimum position (or if you have minimum volume knob available on the expression pedal, you can use that for tweaking - helps a lot for FV-500-H at least).

I guess the reason is that NS is too precise digitally measuring the impedance of the expression pedal. The expression pedal comes with analog potentiometer in addition to old-school mechanics for turning the pot. That's why the expression pedal is inconsistent in reaching the minimum and/or maximum values, so you need to find the highest minimum and lowest maximum position for the expression pedal when calibrating.
      • October 13, 2011
    • fedemdp86
      fedemdp86 Les! I'm going to test it tomorrow! Thanks! It sounds 100% real your conclusion!
      • October 15, 2011
    • fedemdp86
      Brazil2012 Hi I'm Roger from São Paulo, Brazil. I do not have an expression pedal or wha. I saw a guy on youtube saying that you get good results by plugging a Vox 847 in Nova System and controlling effects such as volume, whammy, etc.. Is it true? Has anyone tried this? Thanks for answer.
      • August 3, 2012
    • fedemdp86
      Brazil2012 I again. I bought an Ernie Ball VP Jr 25K recommended by TC Electronic. To connect the pedal I use a Y cable with two mono and one stereo plugs. I am using pluggeds into the IN for the NS. The result is just satisfying. I could not properly calibrate the pedal or use the volume. Works only as an expression pedal. Someone uses an Ernie Ball jr. 25K and satisfied?
      • August 21, 2012
    • fedemdp86
      Seascorpio I recently bought this unit, and I have to say I'm very pleased with it. I've been a fan of TC effects for a while and previously owned a G Major and a G System. My only concern right now is an issue with the expression pedal settings. I have an Ernie Ball Expression pedal (6166) I used without problems with the G System, so I'm assuming it's also compatible with the Nova System... the the Nova is not able to retain the settings and I must set and calibrate every time I turn on the unit. Additionally, when I do this (in the
      • August 25, 2012
  • willwham1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-10-10
    Hey all, I just recently got my finalizer plus not yet an updated 96k off of ebay and have probe hooking it up through my system. I have a tascam fw1884 with LOGIC 9.3. I have the finalizer going through my 1884 coaxial (spdif) connections and am trying to get it through Logic this way without having to use it after the mixer and before another recorder. Please anyone with an idea write back. Thanks a lot!
    read more...
    0 1,032
  • Weegie
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-10-10
    Hello, I just recently bought a Vintage Octa Screamer from a dealer's new old stock. I bought this based on Soren Andersen's video demos and I have to say this unit sounds nothing like his. It's way harsh with not enough of the octave effect, more scratchy fuzz than anything. I tried it with several guitars and amps with same results. Does anyone know if there are adjustable pots inside to tame this thing down? Do I have a bad unit?
    read more...
    0 1,598
    • Weegie
      robtownley hi there

Try adding a compressor - that makes a big difference and highlights the octaves.

Have the gain & mix at 100% and turn the boost on, but watch the boost level as this will take your head off
      • June 7, 2012
  • msndrstd
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-10-06
    I am about to run my G-System with 2 H&K Triamp MKII amps and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to connect these. I'm in the process of ordering all the necessary cables and whatnot.

A few questions:
    1) Can I run a second midi cable from the Triamp's MIDI THRU to the second Triamp's MIDI IN and use the learn function as normal to control switching with the G-System?

2) As far as connecting both amps, am I correct in thinking that I could just run the fx loop send and returns in a daisy chain manner (hope that makes sense using the four cable setup and using the remaining G System out put into the input of the second amp?

Also, and this is a little off topic, but with my new project I figured it would be best to just reset the G System to factory settings and start building my patches from scratch. I have double checked the four cable setup and connections are correct. I have done the Insert lock and all of those steps as well. When I switch channels I can hear the hum from the preamp but I am getting no guitar signal at all. I have tried it on two different amps and the same result occurs, so I know I am missing something in the G System setup somewhere and I am positive its something simple but I am at a loss. Any help on either of these topics is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    read more...
    0 10,727
    • msndrstd
      CozmicDebris 1) Yes you can. If you do so, the 1st amp forwards all incoming MIDI commands to the second amp's MIDI IN via the MIDI THRU socket. The procedure is identical for both amps since they both receive exactly the same MIDI commands at their respective MIDI INs.

2) Can you further describe the cabling you're thinking of?
      • October 6, 2011
    • msndrstd
      Laird_Williams

msndrstd wrote:

I am about to run my G-System with 2 H&K Triamp MKII amps and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to connect these. I'm in the process of ordering all the necessary cables and whatnot.

A few questions:

1) Can I run a second midi cable from the Triamp's MIDI THRU to the second Triamp's MIDI IN and use the learn function as normal to control switching with the G-System?

2) As far as connecting both amps, am I correct in thinking that I could just run the fx loop send and returns in a daisy chain manner (hope that makes sense using the four cable setup and using the remaining G System out put into the input of the second amp?

Also, and this is a little off topic, but with my new project I figured it would be best to just reset the G System to factory settings and start building my patches from scratch. I have double checked the four cable setup and connections are correct. I have done the Insert lock and all of those steps as well. When I switch channels I can hear the hum from the preamp but I am getting no guitar signal at all. I have tried it on two different amps and the same result occurs, so I know I am missing something in the G System setup somewhere and I am positive its something simple but I am at a loss. Any help on either of these topics is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MIDI-wise, no problems...

Signal-wise, I think it would be best for you to describe what you are trying to accomplish with two amps.

1) Turn a pair of 3-channel mono amps into a 6-channel stereo amp with FX? (yes, you can do this using the G-System).

2) Run both preamp sections in parallel simultaneously in 4 cable method (no, you can't do this).

3) Something else?
      • October 6, 2011
    • msndrstd
      msndrstd Well I'm wondering if you can just use the 4 Cable Method and then just send the second output of the Gsys to the FX return or input of the second amp and that would be it or if there s a better way to connect both amps without losing any sound quality and maintaining the effects control with the 4 Cable Method. Sorry if I'm not explaining clearer...it makes sense in my head.
      • October 6, 2011
    • msndrstd
      msndrstd Basically I want to be able to run both amps simultaneously and have the Gsys going to both.
      • October 6, 2011
    • msndrstd
      Laird_Williams

msndrstd wrote:

Well I'm wondering if you can just use the 4 Cable Method and then just send the second output of the Gsys to the FX return or input of the second amp and that would be it or if there s a better way to connect both amps without losing any sound quality and maintaining the effects control with the 4 Cable Method. Sorry if I'm not explaining clearer...it makes sense in my head.

What you are describing is "stereo 4-cable" (I call it 5-cable) method. This is easy. You will get to use the 3 preamp channels on the one amp. The second amp will then provide an additional power amp section so you get your stereo FX in stereo - which will be nice for you.

Start with the standard 4-cable wiring to one amp and make sure you get that working well and sounding good. Ignoring and isolation or balance/unbalanced issues, it should look like this:

Connection 1: Guitar --> G-System Input

Connection 2: G-System Insert Send --> Amp 1 Input

Connection 3: Amp 1 FX Send --> G-System Insert Return

Connection 4: G-System Left Out --> Amp 1 FX Return

Once you get this working well and sounding good, it is easy to add the power amp section of the 2nd amp as a stereo slave. Note that, thus-far, you really have no need for the additional MIDI hookup to the 2nd amp. Most MIDI commands that amps understand are about turning the amp FX loop on and off (which you probably do not need to do) and changing channels/configuration of the preamp section (which would be irrelevant in this case since, by jacking into the FX return of the slave amp, you are effectively BYPASSING the preamp on the 2nd amp. More on this to come...). So the net is that sending MIDI commands to the 2nd amp is unlikely to do anything useful for you in this configuration.

Connection 5: G-System Right Out --> Amp 2 FX Return

Ok - one more option. Now - how about if you ALSO want to use the preamp section of the 2nd amp. Then you'd effectively have 2 clean, 2 crunch, and 2 lead channels that you could use by switching between preamps and channels. Do all the above and then add this:

Connection 6: G-System Loop 4 Send --> Amp 2 Input

Connection 7: Amp 2 FX Send --> G-System Loop 4 Return

At this point, you can switch between the two PREAMP sections. If loop 4 is on and the insert loop is bypassed, then the preamp tones from AMP2 will come out of the system, in stereo, with FX applied. Conversely, if the insert loop is on and loop 4 is bypassed, then the preamp tones from AMP1 will come out of the system, in stereo, with FX applied.

In this configuration, it WILL be meaningful to add the MIDI connection you mentioned, so you can switch channels on whichever amp is "active" (based on the G-System's loops).

You would need to turn the insert LOCK off...and then program each preset with either loop 4 on/insert off OR loop4 off/insert on. You will NOT want to run with both loop 4 and the insert loop off (you will get no preamp tone) or both on (in which case you will be running the output of one preamp to the input of another...not usually a good thing except in selected situations).

Note that by adding a second amp into the rig and connecting it to the G, you are MORE than doubling the chances of a ground loop forming - so be prepared for the possibility of needing some isolation channels to help deal with it.
      • October 6, 2011
  • hjbits
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-10-04
    Hi, I have a BH500 which i bought 2 weeks ago and i am contemplating of buying RS410.
    Is it alright to plug the RS410 with the BH500 rather than the BC410?

Thank you All!
    0 2,349
  • ewrath
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-10-03
    Hi - First thanks to this forum - my decision to get a G system was partly based on all the info and generosity here. This is my first time with FX loop and I'm definitely not an electrical engineer!

In general: It's a newer G system with 4.02 ware I bought used. Previous owner used Sunday driver and I suspect is forum member/reader.

Amp is JVM 410. I also have Framus Dragon (parallel FX loop)

I have read (and read and re-read) and used Laird's white pages (as well as searching this forum) to set up my G system this weekend. I am using balanced cables where indicated. I have G string which has helped with some noise - Other noise/level issues seem par for course with JVM parallel FX loop. I don't yet have HE-2 or Sunday driver but they are on the way.

I configured "back end" : JVM parallel loop -10db, 80% wet, KillDry off - works fine (other than some expected volume loss) but when I added the pre gain FX via insert loop and 3rd and 4th cables I get a loss of volume and a high pitched whistling. This occurs even in the b9-5 "All Bypassed" preset. I removed the "back end" and ran just the Gsys pre gain block into the JVM front end via insert send and that work fine.

I tried using different short TS cables instead of the long TRS - no difference.
    Also standard 2 cable method - no luck. No signal!
    Thinking the JVM FX loop might be the culprit, I did the whole experiment over with the Framus - same results.

So I hope I'm missing some simple level setting between the pre and post internal on the G system? The pre and post blocks both sound about the same level when run separately and i can't detect any clipping when I run amp clean. I have all the global levels set as recommended.

Many thanks for any input!
    read more...
    0 8,070
    • ewrath
      ewrath Well I found (on this forum) reason I get no signal on 2 cable set up is that insert Loop is locked "on" in configuring for 4 cables... still confused by the high pitched feedback....
      • October 3, 2011
    • ewrath
      neilbunker I'm not super familiar with the JVM, but I remember seing from posts on here that it has both a series and parallel effects loop? You probably want to use the series effects loop. Not sure if the parallel loop is your problem, but the G should work better with the series loop anyway. Unless there are some JVM specific reasons for using the parallel loop that I'm not aware of.
      • October 3, 2011
    • ewrath
      ewrath Thanks.

Seems most folks use the parallel loop because the serial loop is to hot w/o a line level shifter. So based on most other set-ups described it should work... altho when I turn the parallel loop to 100% wet I get super low volume so I have it at 80%.

I also had the same high pitched feedback problem with the Framus and it's parallel loop so that's why I think somethings amiss with th G sys settings.
      • October 3, 2011
    • ewrath
      Dan4132 @ewrath

I have been using the G system with my JVM410H for quite some time now. It took me a while to setup and work out all the bugs but managed to get it to work perfectly with the G. There is a slight volume loss yes but you just need to turn up the master on the JVM to compensate. What are your global levels? Maybe I could help you out. I have a diagram of how my JVM is setup and all my global levels written down.
      • October 3, 2011
    • ewrath
      ewrath Thank you Dan - I will write them down tonite (first rehearsal w/G!) I basically used the white paper recomendation section 2.1.3.5 but I have Sunday Driver showing up today which will apparently result in a lower "Input Gain". I also have Ebtech HE-2 on order so maybe with these 2 additions it will behave better... do you use either?

Stupid question but if any of those loops are"on" and there is nothing in them would that break the signal path? I might have turned Loop 4 on in a couple presets in anticpation of inserting my G String in there...

Thanks man.
      • October 4, 2011
  • Trinchavientos
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-10-01
    Hi everybody!
    I had my combo staccato, and I wanted to plug my iPod and play as I always have done, but the sound only goes out to the phones jack but not to the speakers. ¿Any way to fix this?
    Thank you!
    0 2,554
    • Trinchavientos
      maperrault Bought a staccatocombo; very satisfied up to now...but I have the same problem and I thought at first it was a problem wuth the cabs.

I would like to know how to solve this.

Thanks!

MAP
      • April 15, 2012
    • Trinchavientos
      Morten Hi,

It's not possible to have a mp3 players music out in the speakers.

/ Morten
      • April 18, 2012
    • Trinchavientos
      slawie There is a workaround not entirely endorsed by TC at;

http://hansrune.net/bass/gear/

This will show you how its done.

Personally - I use my Digitec Stereo Looper/Delay and add the MP3 or PC or DAT in at the looper.

Works for me

slawie

Product Amateur
      • April 26, 2012
Go to page