Statistics

260,760 members
139,389 posts
  • sioul
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-01-16
    Hi everybody ! first of all, sorry for my poor english...

I've a problem with the toneprint app on iPhone. I've a flashback delay and a vortex flanger, both with the last firmwire. The app works only with some toneprints (for example Clean flanger by Petrucci, TriChorus by TC etc.) But for other toneprints (1 up - 1 down, it's a vortex toneprint by Bumblefoot) I've this message :
    read more...
    0 1,359
  • Tritjay
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-16
    Just wanted to share my version of Steve Vai's "For the love of god" and "Ballarina" using the G-System.
    I would also love to see everyone elses vids using the G-System so post away!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyILslhKe1I&feature=plcp&context=C3f3d89aUDOEgsToPDskIyWcZv9EpfvpzW1a6ymKRX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azISdfc6Q9I&feature=plcp&context=C3fb9bfbUDOEgsToPDskKZ8LcWUf7x48eSnWSWknjJ
    read more...
    0 3,756
    • Tritjay
      bucketbot Nice one mate!
      • January 15, 2012
    • Tritjay
      mptrin Nicely done! Is that the g system Wah?
      • January 15, 2012
    • Tritjay
      guillespiers Excellent! What are your ballerina settings?
      • January 15, 2012
    • Tritjay
      Tritjay Thanks guy's

This was before I had an expression pedal so I'm using the Dimebag C.F.H crybaby wah.

The Ballarina settings are just a pitchshifter with a bit of reverb.

The first pitch is set to 900 with pitch delay on 100 and second pitch is set to 500 with pitch delay on 200. If using a stereo rig, Pan hard left hard right which sounds amazing. If using a mono rig don't forget to center both pitches. Pitch level was on about 70 I think, just so the repeats are a little louder than the original sound.

I was actually lucky enough to jam with Steve at his Masterclass here in Melbourne after winning a video comp. It was an amazing experience!!!!

Here's the vid:

When I played it live for Steve, he said "WOW it sounds like a Ballarina on crystal meth" Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNjYiLaaWyg&feature=plcp&context=C35206a0UDOEgsToPDskJ3oowzyPlacVmJscAFQbxV

I was also lucky enough for Steve to invite me up to play through his rig at soundcheck so he could here it front of house. I was shitting myself!! He stood with his wife in the center of the room while I improvised on one of his backing tracks for a couple of minutes. He didn't have the G-System with him though, just a few pedals as you can see.

Us jamming, as you can see I had my G-System.

• January 16, 2012
    • Tritjay
      Dadoune666 Hi guys,

I've just posted a new video of my band on youtube.

I'm using a g-system with an ernie-ball, a lehle sunday driver and a triamp 2 too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GroupeCherchChanteur?feature=mhee

The music was recorded with a boss br600 with the internal mic; the guitar was recorded directly from the triamp' red box, into the br600.
      • January 19, 2012
  • mptrin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-15
    Anyone try running stereo by connecting the second output to the front of an amp(input) rather than the loop? I am looking at buying a new amp but it has no effects loop. I know the preamp will color the tone to some degree but just curious if anyone has had success with this.
    read more...
    0 1,506
    • mptrin
      Laird_Williams

mptrin wrote:

Anyone try running stereo by connecting the second output to the front of an amp(input) rather than the loop? I am looking at buying a new amp but it has no effects loop. I know the preamp will color the tone to some degree but just curious if anyone has had success with this.

If you set it up clean, it should do fine. Keep the gain on the slave amp relatively low.
      • January 15, 2012
    • mptrin
      mptrin Cool I'm going to test this out with a friend's amp. Thank You
      • January 15, 2012
    • mptrin
      Tritjay

mptrin wrote:

Cool I'm going to test this out with a friend's amp. Thank You

It should sound good, you can then adjust the eq on the slave amp to get 2 really different tones. Would sound huge!!

I'm gonna do it with a power amp and an eq so I can do the same.
      • January 15, 2012
  • NoPro
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-15
    It's not everyday a company makes and standby it's products. So far TC Electronic has proved itself as a valuable addition in the search of fantastic gear and customer service. keep up the good work !! The Flashback Delay and Hall of Fame Reverb were used on a recent project and did everything they were supposed to do.
    read more...
    0 941
  • stevierocks247
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-01-15
    Im wondering if anyone can help , i have just bought the new tc harmony gtx pedal , cant change the pitch reference from 440 to 430 ( e flat ) . every time i ry it , its not changing and i also hear the clean guita aswell as my guitar going to my amp .
    read more...
    0 745
  • GazzaBloom
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-01-15
    I want to get some delays like The Edge from the early years such as on the Boy album. I think he used a memory man back then. is there a tone print that gets the Flashback sounding like a Memory Man?
    0 3,238
  • chuckbat1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-01-15
    New to the forum. Have a question. Where should I put my new shaker pedal in my chain?
    This is my setup. Guitar>tuner>wah>phase 90>TS9 tubescreamer>NS2 noise reducer. Then I go to the FX loop. BBE Sonic Stomp>GE7 EQ>CE 3 Chorus>SHAKER> MXR Analog Delay.
    My problem is when I turn on the shaker. The volume goes way down. Should I put it in the chain with the phaser and tubescreamer?
    Thanks for any input
    read more...
    0 942
  • Forbaro
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-14
    Any one had exp with this combo
    If so any pointers pls
    Thanks
    0 2,697
    • Forbaro
      Forbaro Any exp with low wattage amps with no fx loops

Cheers
      • January 15, 2012
    • Forbaro
      mptrin Can't offer much help but I'm considering getting a Vox AC15 Twin combo which is low wattage and has no effects loop. I have seen a few members of this forum using amps without effects loops in two cable method and they seem happy with the results. I am a little fearful of using two cable method myself and I'm a little concerned about clean headroom on a 15 watt amp. Sorry, I know this isn't much help but perhaps commenting will prompt someone else to share their experiences.

-Marco
      • January 15, 2012
    • Forbaro
      Forbaro Thanks Marco , wats the two cable method

( is that relay to channel switch and g system to front of amp)

Cheers
      • January 15, 2012
    • Forbaro
      mptrin

Forbaro wrote:

Thanks Marco , wats the two cable method

( is that relay to channel switch and g system to front of amp)

Cheers

Yeah two cable method is merely running the G System to the front of the amp. Guitar-->GS input, GS output-->amp input. Very "old school," works fine if you're using pedals in the loops for drives as opposed to amp distortion. Most users prefer the 4 cable method employing the effects loop for delays and modulations. But again many users have had no problem using two cables...maybe I should stop rambling and actually try it=LOL
      • January 15, 2012
    • Forbaro
      Forbaro Thanks , I receive my g system tommoro

And I can not wait to hear it
      • January 15, 2012
  • Tritjay
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-14
    I only just discovered what a buffer really is, so now i want to get one.

What is everyone using?

I've seen a lot of talk about the Lehle sunday driver (i'm watching one on ebay), has any one tried the Xotic ep booster?

http://xotic.us/effects/ep_booster/

Thanks
    read more...
    0 11,187
    • Tritjay
      2SloMoe Most here are fans of the Sunday driver..I bought one and it worked great, altho I found I got the same benefits just using my x2 wireless...so I have one I don't need..
      • January 14, 2012
    • Tritjay
      zaidcrowe +1 for the sunday driver
      • January 14, 2012
    • Tritjay
      LanBuddha The G-System has driven me nuts for 18 months and just when I was giving up on the thing I found the missing link, for me anyhow.....A Valvulator but with a ECC81 valve in it. They come with a ECC83 installed but I found that it was adding a chunk of gain to my signal, the ECC81 has 40% less output than a ECC83 and it's made all the difference. My guitar tone goes through the G-System perfectly, my overdrives have opened up, more clarity and no bottom end wooliness. I've been able to turn the pedal levels down, this has made my noise drop through the floor. I have put some vids on youtube but since then I've altered my settings and got a better tone, so I'll have to sort another out and put in up. I've had a Sunday Driver but I didn't think it was as good as the valvulator even with the ECC83 in it. The Valvulator was the first thing I got to go with the G and to be honest I've spent the best part of a grand on bits and bobs trying to get it to sound it's best, and to find that a £6.95 valve was all I needed is a bit of a shit, but I'm sorted now so who cares......
      • January 14, 2012
    • Tritjay
      zaidcrowe lan - where did you get your Valvulator from?
      • January 14, 2012
    • Tritjay
      LanBuddha http://www.stormshadowtoneworks.co.uk/product_details.aspx?pid=335

Just looked for you and they have gone up in price since I got mine 18 months or so ago.
      • January 15, 2012
  • mikikg
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-01-14
    Hi to all,

I have one pure technical question dedicated to TC's electronic engineers.

I'm using Impact Twin with almost all of its features (192KHz SR) in very specific area dedicated to digital radio communication - Software Defined Radio.

Right now I have one major problem with its outputs. As specified in documentation, I expect to have real balanced (differential) output on ch 1 - 4, but it's looks that is not the case here!
    Instead of having complementary (inverted) output signal on “sleeve” of 1/4inch Phone Jack, there is DC voltage of about 50mV probably used for "Ground Sensing".

Anyway, I do not have real balanced / differential signal output from Impact Twin which makes me some other problems and require for my target design to build additional single-ended to differential output interface.

Does I doing something wrong or Impact Twin is designed to work on such way?

73 de YU3MA
    read more...
    0 5,811
    • mikikg
      shredthesky Using my oscilloscope I don't see any difference in voltage between Ring and Sleeve, so it seems that the outputs of Impact Twin are unbalanced! A very big lie, TC Electronic, shame on you!
      • August 4, 2013
    • mikikg
      mikikg Yeah, its like that, there is no balanced output!

Also, I notice too less OP-AMPs in output stage from CODEC-DAC (NE5532, I replace them later with LME49720) when I need to open whole device to replace about 10 pieces of very low cost/quality electrolytic capacitors in power supply stage which reach its end of life after about 2 years of usage! Impact Twin simple stop working because bad quality capacitors.

I replace that capacitors with Nichicon HE series and for now working correct. Also added several X7R capacitors to improve voltage filtration.

BTW: Switching type voltage inverter/regulator with high ripple current (hard switching types) require very high quality low-ESR capacitors in design. Why didn't you put some soft-swiching type like LLC ZVS or Ćuk, does I need to teach you this? Also, soft-switcing type have much greater efficiency which will reduce heating (currently very large - those capacitors probably evaporate because high PCB temperature). Efficiency can be future improved with synchronous rectification.

TC Electronic - please use high quality components and solutions in your designs instead cheapest one!

Anyway, this is pure technical matter, Impact Twin still have great sound (after those several modifications)
      • August 5, 2013
    • mikikg
      hagen

shredthesky wrote:

Using my oscilloscope I don't see any difference in voltage between Ring and Sleeve, so it seems that the outputs of Impact Twin are unbalanced! A very big lie, TC Electronic, shame on you!

http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/21552671-Studio-Konnekt-48-Desktop-Konnekt-Impact-Twin-BMC-2-Balanced-outputs
      • August 6, 2013
    • mikikg
      mikikg @hagen TNX for reply after one and half year . I will accept that explanation. That solution probably can improve some performance.

But I really need balanced signal (probably someone else also), classical balanced output, differential, two line inverted each other.

My next device in chain require differential input because all signal processing are done in differential domain because it's advantages over signal processing over single-ended signals which can improve IMD and THD parameters as I want to keep them as low as possible.

But never mind, please notice that in technical specification for each device from now on.
      • August 6, 2013
Go to page