Statistics

269,280 members
148,968 posts
  • kevin_jazz
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-02-09
    I was at NAMM last month and was really blown away by the sound of the Two Rock amps and in particular this new little amp called the EXO-15. However, I noticed that it has a passive effects loop (like the 65 amps Ventura--another cool little amp). I currently use a Mesa Express, which has a buffered effects loop, which I've used without a problem for the G-system.

What is the impact of a passive effects loop for the tone in a G-system context? I understand that passive should be fine if you are using line level outputs, which I think is the case here.

Thanks,

Kevin
    read more...
    0 2,759
    • kevin_jazz
      Rob Unfortunately you will need a buffered fx loop. The impedance of the passive loop is way too high and you will load the preamp big time with the insert return of the GSystem. You will need their ELI or an FX loop from one of the following:

- Glaswerks: Matchbox

- Bludotone: Loop-a-lator

- Fuchs: Tube FX Loop

- Etc.

And in order to drive the power amp sufficiently, line level is not hot enough.
      • February 9, 2012
  • tjnugent
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-02-09
    Greetings,

I am looking for suggested settings for the Hall of Fame Reverb. I have done a lot of knob turning, but I haven't found very many settings that I would use. I am looking for a very subtle Fender Reverb talk settings, or other settings that someone came up with. I have tried the tone print, but that is a long process of finding a toneprint that you like and then downloading it to the peal.

Does anyone have a few fairly normal settings that would sound good on that pedal?

Thanks

TJ
    read more...
    0 1,656
  • lild
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-02-08
    Hello can i update my g major 1.11 to 1.27 with another g major 1.27 ?
    thanks
    0 3,125
    • lild
      TC-Mike No , you have to use the Firmware installer via a PC with a Midi interface .

For more infos, have a look at the following article from our support knowledge base:

http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/20989683-g-major-how-to-update-to-software-version-1-27
      • February 8, 2012
    • lild
      duskern I have the same issue. I'm a bit confused regarding the whole MIDI interface thing. I have a TC Electronic Impact Twin sound card and it has both a MIDI out and a MIDI in port. Is that considered a MIDI interface? If I understand it correctly, it shouldn't be a problem trying to update the OS of the unit using other interfaces than mentioned on the confirmed working list, but after having read a lot about people having difficulties doing the update, I'm not sure if I have the guts Would be really sad to try this out if it doesn't work and then fucks up my G-Major /:
      • March 15, 2012
  • yelemusic
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-02-08
    Though I know the NS is probably not the average Jazzers unit, there might still be some folks out there who use the NS for a nice jazzy tone.

If so, speak up please

I find it kinda more difficult to create a nice convincing Jazz patch on the NS. On an amp you'd just turn down the treble, and boost the lows, and you've got your jazz tone.
    The NS has got those param. EQs, which are good for certain things, but just not as intuitive. There's no simple high cut (i.e. treble on an amp). You'd probably have to set the width parameter to its maximum, but still that won't cut all the high frequencies.

So for the next OS-update I'd like a normal Low-Mid-High tone control for each patch. I see the param EQ more as a way of tweaking the sound more surgically, while the normal tone control would make setting the over all characteristics of the tone much faster.

Can't wait to hear from all you Jazzers out there
    read more...
    0 1,778
    • yelemusic
      Dante Yele - I couldn't agree more with your comment about an intuitive 3 band EQ. But I'm just thinking out loud here, if you take that concept to the parametric EQ within the Nova, you basically would have the same thing (I guess). Simply figure out which freq for each parameter (hi/mid/lo) and cut/boost as desired.

While not a full-on Jazzer, I do use some Jazzy tones in other applications I get by with only two cleans and typically play a full night (4 hrs.) at gigs.

I have a dry tone that pretty much uses nothing but a bit of reverb. No compression, no eq, just dry and flat tones from the instrument (novel concept sometimes). Then, I have one other clean preset that uses a reverb and a slight compression to even out the hard/soft notes.

I set each preset's parameters differently for all the other pitch/mod/delay FX, and simply turn them off until I am on the preset. It acts like stompboxes that way, which gives me more flexibility. I am getting more with less - or less is more with the Nova, depending on how you wanna word it.

Clean 1: Reverb only

Pitch: Chorus

Mod: Detune (gives a wet tone)

Delay: Dynamic (big David Gilmore/The Edge type)

Clean 2: Reverb and Compressor

Pitch: Detune (I think it may be the same setting)

Mod: Phaser

Delay: Dynamic (much quicker - almost a long reverb)
      • February 9, 2012
    • yelemusic
      yelemusic

Dante wrote:

Yele - I couldn't agree more with your comment about an intuitive 3 band EQ. But I'm just thinking out loud here, if you take that concept to the parametric EQ within the Nova, you basically would have the same thing (I guess). Simply figure out which freq for each parameter (hi/mid/lo) and cut/boost as desired.

Not exactly, because the treble knob on your amp functions like a hi-cut filter AFAIK. Everything above that frequency gets cut. On the NS however those param EQs just boost or cut a certain frequency, depending on the width parameter, which basically means, that there's no real way of dulling down the sound.

Lets say I dial in 3,5khz and set the width to maximum. This might affect frequencies between maybe 2,5 and 4,5khz (just guessing). But the frequencies above that remain unaffected.

Boosting the low a lot, and then turning down the overall volume of the patch might give a similar effect to a high-cut. Should alter the frequency curve in a similar way. Haven't tried it yet though.
      • February 9, 2012
  • Doyler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-02-07
    Hi guys

I'm having a lot of problems with my filter effects. Firstly my set up is as follows:

Software version 4.02
    2 cable method - I am just running the G system in the effects loop of my mark V.
    Effects send -> G system input
    G system output -> Effects return
    Input locked off

Everything works fine apart from my filter effects. When I use an auto wah the volume comes in and out with the effect. When I use my FV500H to control the wah wah, with the heel down it sucks all the volume out, with the toe down the volume comes back and the effect comes in too. The expression pedal seems to act as a volume pedal at the same time as controlling the filter parameter.

It's really weird, as I can use the expression pedal to control the pitch (eg Whammy) without the same problem. It just seems to be the filter effects that have this problem. I have just reloaded my firmware and nothing has changed.

Really confused and would appreciate any help

Thanks

Matt
    read more...
    0 3,231
    • Doyler
      bucketbot In the pedal parameters menu check that you do not have the pedal controlling filter OUTLEV as well as SWEEP?
      • February 7, 2012
    • Doyler
      Doyler Thanks for the response but that's not it. This happened with the filter effects long before I even brought an expression pedal into the mixer. Have tried setting OUTLEV off. Have tried setting OUTLEV to exp with all settings at 100. Doesn't change anything, the volume still dies with the heel down, or with an autowah and no expression pedal attached / calibrated / assigned; the volume comes in and out with the autowah effect. Very confusing
      • February 7, 2012
    • Doyler
      Laird_Williams

Doyler wrote:

Thanks for the response but that's not it. This happened with the filter effects long before I even brought an expression pedal into the mixer. Have tried setting OUTLEV off. Have tried setting OUTLEV to exp with all settings at 100. Doesn't change anything, the volume still dies with the heel down, or with an autowah and no expression pedal attached / calibrated / assigned; the volume comes in and out with the autowah effect. Very confusing

Do you have more than one effect being controlled by the EXPR pedal? That can happen.
      • February 7, 2012
    • Doyler
      Doyler Sorry guys I don't think I am explaining myself very well. I was having this problem with the volume of the filter effects long before I even dreamed of buying an expression pedal.
      • February 8, 2012
    • Doyler
      2SloMoe Do you have "killdry" on by any chance?
      • February 8, 2012
  • LondonSi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-02-07
    I just got the Midi Mouse in the post today...the only MIDI cable I have is the split Midi In/Out cable you get with the Nova Drive. I tried using that cable with the Midi In connected to the Nova System (MIDI In, of course), and with the other half of the cable loose....but it doesn't work...is it the cable, or should that work fine? (See no reason why it shouldn't work)
    read more...
    0 1,556
    • LondonSi
      Laird_Williams

LondonSi wrote:

I just got the Midi Mouse in the post today...the only MIDI cable I have is the split Midi In/Out cable you get with the Nova Drive. I tried using that cable with the Midi In connected to the Nova System (MIDI In, of course), and with the other half of the cable loose....but it doesn't work...is it the cable, or should that work fine? (See no reason why it shouldn't work)

Why would you wire an input to an input? Seems like there would be no output to produce a signal that the inputs could use
      • February 7, 2012
    • LondonSi
      WillisDunn Is it possible to combine multiple MIDI cables for more functionality?
      • February 10, 2012
  • DazeofOctober
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-02-07
    Hi,

Just got a Hall of Fame Reverb pedal 2 days ago. It lasted 5 minutes before it started erratically just turning itself on and off. Then it wouldn't turn itself on at all.

I just got the replacement and I'm experiencing the same exact thing. Is there something wrong with these pedals or is there something I have to do with those little switches on the back panel after removing the plate?

Thanks
    read more...
    0 4,156
    • DazeofOctober
      steamabacus Try a fresh alkiline battery or, better still, run it off a power supply.

These digital pedals are very power hungry and the supplied battery is really just for checking the unit is working.

Hopefully, that's all the problem is.
      • February 7, 2012
    • DazeofOctober
      Laird_Williams

Daze of October wrote:

Hi,

Just got a Hall of Fame Reverb pedal 2 days ago. It lasted 5 minutes before it started erratically just turning itself on and off. Then it wouldn't turn itself on at all.

I just got the replacement and I'm experiencing the same exact thing. Is there something wrong with these pedals or is there something I have to do with those little switches on the back panel after removing the plate?

Thanks

Watch the power uses - an UNPLUG THE AUDIO CABLES when you aren't using it. The Toneprint pedals are ON when there are audio cables plugged in. Whether the unit is "bypassed" or not power is being used.
      • February 7, 2012
  • petestuff
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-02-07
    Hello Forum,
    I have just made up a small pedal board with a Polytune mini, Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive, Flashback Delay & Hall of Fame Reverb. The only other pedal I want is a Tremolo. Any plans for TC to do one in the same format as the toneprint pedals? I know there is the vibrato but I specifically want a trem. I have been very impressed with the reverb & delay, well done chaps.
    Thanks
    read more...
    0 1,796
    • petestuff
      darkwave I have the Flashback Delay and am really happy with it. I was never really a delay user but this pedal has gotten me to use the effect more often (mainly as a slap-back, but I plan to use the looper quit a bit as well). I'm also seriously looking at the Spark Booster and Shaker Vibrato now.

But what I really want is a good Tremolo option. I'd be plenty pleased if it was a Toneprint for the Shaker, but a separate pedal would be an option as well. Seriously - I've heard a lot of people mention that a tremolo was a great opportunity for this line and I'd love to see it be a reality.

Please? Soon?

-Douglas C.
      • June 24, 2012
  • AnthPlays7s
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-02-07
    Hi everyone, this be my first post here but I've looked everywhere else on the net and can't find my answer.

I've just set my G Major 2 up with all my patches that I need for my band but I notice that between some of the patches there is a distinct gap in the volume. It seems the volume drops suddenly and then swells back up. It's about a second's worth of time which may not sound like much but when I want to suddenly go from a clean sound to a high gain sound immediately the impact is lost.

It's most noticeable between a particular clean patch I'm using that makes use of the Auto Wah, Vibrator, Comp, Delay and Reverb effects and my high gain patch (essentially a patch without any effects).

Anybody had this before?
    read more...
    0 4,187
    • AnthPlays7s
      ShredZ I noticed volume swells on my g-major 2 as well, but these seem to disappear when disabling the top Gate/EQ button, so I guess it has something to do with our configuration of this
      • February 21, 2012
    • AnthPlays7s
      AnthPlays7s Yeah I might give that a go, I thought I'd tried that already, maybe if I play around with it a bit more.

Cheers for the tip buddy!
      • February 21, 2012
    • AnthPlays7s
      ShredZ I tried messing with the gate settings yesterday and set it up a bit more subtle... the result is a very well working noise gate without any volume swells. Hope you get it sorted as well.
      • February 22, 2012
    • AnthPlays7s
      CraigCTurner Hey Shredz...mind sharing the settings you came up with for the gate
      • April 12, 2012
    • AnthPlays7s
      adamtheman16 I noticed this with a pitch effect as well. I am using the expression pedal to control the mix function. If I program it with the pedal so that pedal input defaults to zero when the preset is activated, the drop out is not present. Of course, this does not help with something that you need immediate effects, but, if you can keep it from dropping out, it is only a pedal sweep away from having the effect turned on.

If the pedal with default to whatever position it was at when you programmed it, so if you have it somewhere in the middle, when you change to that preset, it defaults to that pedal position and whatever affect that has on that effect.
      • April 13, 2012
  • craigdwlr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-02-06
    It was a sad, sad day last week when I arrived at sound check only to find out that there was no link between the GFX01 and the G System Controller. The blue 'link' light on the GFX01 only lights up for a second and then disappears. The Controller green led comes on, but that is it... no info, and no backlit buttons. It was working fine the night before during practice and now nothing.

Last night I had it hooked up to the software to back up my patches, and perhaps try to do a system reset for there and... VIOLA!! ...it started working again!! This morning I went to try it again and of course now its not working. Has anybody here possibly had this problem before, and know how to deal with it? Or maybe I should send it back to the factory for repair... What is it like to deal with the factory for repairs? Is it even worth repairing. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    read more...
    0 1,284
    • craigdwlr
      Laird_Williams

craigdwlr wrote:

It was a sad, sad day last week when I arrived at sound check only to find out that there was no link between the GFX01 and the G System Controller. The blue 'link' light on the GFX01 only lights up for a second and then disappears. The Controller green led comes on, but that is it... no info, and no backlit buttons. It was working fine the night before during practice and now nothing.

Last night I had it hooked up to the software to back up my patches, and perhaps try to do a system reset for there and... VIOLA!! ...it started working again!! This morning I went to try it again and of course now its not working. Has anybody here possibly had this problem before, and know how to deal with it? Or maybe I should send it back to the factory for repair... What is it like to deal with the factory for repairs? Is it even worth repairing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not certain - but it sounds like a cable or connector issue.
      • February 6, 2012
    • craigdwlr
      craigdwlr ya, that was the first thing I tried was a different cable and still nothing.
      • February 6, 2012
Go to page