Klark Teknik DM Series Part 2 - Distance Conferencing Webinar

DM8000 

(view in My Videos)

read more...
    0 19
  • wp71
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-01

I have a X32 rack and  two new Midas DP48 one  DP48 gives a problem in the preset menu. If i want to save a internal preset all the 12 groep buttons are illuminated,  if i choose a button, a prompt appear asking if you wish to overwrite the preset.

if i do this and i want to load the same preset all the 12 group buttons are already illuminated if i choose one of the 12 presets, a prompt will appear and says:    Preset file corupted!  I try to delite the presets in the preset menu also i try the reset fuction in the preset menu but nothing works

Is there a solution for this problem  a factory reset or somting?

The x32 and DP48s are all running the latest firmware.IMG_20200429_225126.jpg

IMG_20200501_185222.jpg

read more...
    0 202
    • wp71
      GaryHiggins

@wp71 

Yes you can reset, it's on setup, pg 7, top menu item=reset. You lose all but it sounds like you need to:-}

• May 1, 2020
    • wp71
      wp71

Hello Garry,

Naamloos.png

If i read the DP48 manual i see the following text:

The SETUP 7/8 screen allows you to choose a preference for the channel-group when a RESET is done. Default is “12 STEREO”.
      • CLEAR ALL deletes all input channel assignments from all Groups.
      • ULTRANET 12 automatically creates 12 mono Groups:
      · Function clears all existing channel assignments from all Groups
      · Function maps AES50 input channels 33-44 to Groups 1-12.
      • ULTRANET 16 automatically creates 8 mono and 4 stereo Groups

I  think this is only what default setting you choose when you do the reset in the preset menu page 1/2 ,

see picture :       IMG_20200501_235859 (2).jpg   

I try to reset in the preset menu a few times with the setting: [Clear all: active] in  top menu [setup: reset] page 7 But nothing change.

are there other solution ?

• May 1, 2020
    • wp71
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Willem @wp71 , What DP48 firmware version are using (on the bottom of the startup screen)?

• May 1, 2020
    • wp71
      wp71

Hello Paul

The software version running on the DP48 is 1.2, I have already tried reinstalling the software but that also has no effect.

what struck me in this reviewhttps://youtu.be/ih12a7s2vwA)  is that a new beta version 2.7 is being installed there
      but I just can't download it anywhere..?

• May 1, 2020
    • wp71
      Paul_Vannatto

@wp71 wrote:

what struck me in this reviewhttps://youtu.be/ih12a7s2vwA)  is that a new beta version 2.7 is being installed there

First of all that link didn't work, but figured out that the ) at the end shouldn't be there. The person that posted that video is a beta tester, but should not have posted that. Actually that beta is pretty old, since the version number has now changed to coincide with the public releases. We were hoping to release it this week, but ran into a couple of snags that we are working through.

One thing I can suggest is to first try and delete all of the presets (pressing the Setup and SD Rec buttons together, and it is the 3rd selection on the left). Then try saving a preset. I think that what is the problem is that someone had possibly used the newer beta firmware, stored the presets, then reverted back to the public firmware, making the stored presets incompatible. There is a preset structure change with this newer firmware.

• May 1, 2020
  • ajhill2
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-01

Hello All,

Our church has recently gone to livestreaming like everyone else.  The problem is that we have no one who knows more than a few things about the X32.  So I have the closest background and read up on it.  The problem is the following:

1.  The current setup of the signal chain has the inputs turned down to a very low level, maybe barely one green LED on the input gain.  In channel faders are set to 0db, and the LR master out to 0db and everything sounds fine. 

2.  The problem came when we tried to get a signal out for the internet livestream.  The signals are down in the muck arround -40db.  When you plug a set of headphones in to monitor, you have to turn the headphone setting all the way up, and that's just enough to hear the signal.

3.  If I bring up the gain on the inputs to where they should be and bring up the channel fader to 0db, then the LR master fader is much too sensitive with ear splitting sound starting at about -40db on the master.

I have attached some photos and a scn file to this post in hope that I will aid in diagnosing the problem.  The system was supposedly setup by a professional about 7 years ago, and messed up by amateurs ever since.  Surely there is something silly that occured to cause this.

Any help would greatly be appreciated...

Al Hill

Music input into 1-2 (peak)Music input into 1-2 (peak)Aux 1-2 set to 0dbAux 1-2 set to 0dbThis is the master at normal listening volumeThis is the master at normal listening volumeThis is the level showing, not sure where the right channel is?This is the level showing, not sure where the right channel is?

BoH 2020.scn
    read more...
    0 85
    • ajhill2
      DaveMorrison

@ajhill2 

Definitely turn up the preamp gain. An average of -12 db is good as long as you not peaking in the red too often. Turn down the channels to -10 or -20 and you can turn down the LR main fader too.

• April 1, 2020
    • ajhill2
      ajhill2

Hello,

Thank you for helping.  I went through all the settings the other day and took some photos of what I thought looked suspicious.  The levels that you suggest -10 to -20 are currently set at +35-40.  So I guess they really could come down some...

Local inputs (1-2 used in the test)Local inputs (1-2 used in the test)IMG_1173.jpeg

• April 1, 2020
  • AndreasMarkusen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-23

I would love to see a MIDI Snake Cable from Behringer, like this:

s-l500.jpg

read more...
    1 44
Go to page