Statistics

305,336 members
189,618 posts
  • CristianCruz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-22

Hi.

I have the following problem. Recently, when I plug my Behringer UMC404HD into my PC or Mac, the lights of the first 2 inputs stay on, and the device is not detected.

When testing the 3rd or 4th input, the sound is output from the headphones (not the first 2 inputs).

The behavior varies a little when it is plugged in or not by external power and if it is PC or Mac, but it is almost the same, in all cases the device is not detected.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much, and sorry for my english (I speak spanish).

Greetings.

20200421_224451.jpg

read more...
    0 188
    • CristianCruz
      RexBeckett

@CristianCruz 

Hello Cristian, welcome to the community.

I suggest that you raise a Care ticket for Service Repair explaining your problem. This is done by clicking on Support at the top of the page and then clicking the Create a Care Ticket button. This is only possible if you have completed all the required fields in your profile. Make sure that you fill-in every required field on the Care form.

• April 22, 2020
    • CristianCruz
      bluejac4

Hi Cristian, I had the same problem, Did they solver your problem? If yes can you tell me how?  I made a ticket but I haven't received a solution...  Thanks.

• May 12, 2020
  • PhatCat
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-20

I've Installed M-Air-Edit and selected Muti-Track Recording.Midas MR18 Channel settings.png

Then I installed MR18 Control Pannel.

MR18 Control Pannel.png

Went to sound device settings in Windows 10

Windows 10 Audio recording.png

But all I see is Midas 1 and 2 I'm not seeing all 18 channels.  I have the same issue in Cake Walk all it sees is channel 1 and 2. 

Driver Details

Driver details.png

Does anyone know how to fix this? I didn't have this issue with my mac and Logic

Midas MR18 Channel settings.png
    read more...
    0 220
    • PhatCat
      GaryHiggins

@PhatCat 

That's all you get with the latest driver version. The previous (legacy) driver supposedly allows the additional pairs. Using the asio driver model gets all ins/outs no problem. You want the ASIO driver model for cakewalk for sure.

• April 19, 2020
    • PhatCat
      PhatCat

That worked, I checked ASIO in cake walk now I see the channels.

I selected channel one left in cake walk thats where my mic is but no audio is coming into cake walk.

I can hear it coming into windows thru my speakers thru a seperate audio device, Presonus audiobox one that I use for output.

Thank You

• April 19, 2020
    • PhatCat
      GaryHiggins

@PhatCat 

If not seeing audio in the cakewalk ch (and you want it) make sure record enabled is on for that ch but also all the device drivers used are checked off in cakewalk preferences.

Cakewalk can see other asio devices and may be using some of those, perhaps checked off instead of the MR specific? 

• April 19, 2020
  • Dankestguy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-18

15872373286316596135204188110611.jpg

When I plug my audio device to an outlet this happens and, needless to, my computer doesn't recognize the device.

read more...
    0 104
    • Dankestguy
      RexBeckett

@Dankestguy 

Hello Iván, welcome to the community.

That does not look good. I suggest that you raise a Care ticket for Service Repair explaining your problem. This is done by clicking on Support at the top of the page and then clicking the Create a Care Ticket button. This is only possible if you have completed all the required fields in your profile. Make sure that you fill-in every required field on the Care form.

• April 18, 2020
  • VernonGraner
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-04-10

Hey Folks!

I've run into an issue with an MR18 I am using for a gig. I am unable to get my Windows 10 to recognize the MR18 as four sets of stereo I/O in Windows 10. I am running the v4.59 driver version from this link. Under Windows 10, it shows up only as "Out 1-2 (Midas MR18)" withj no other I/O options (e.g. missing 3/4, 5/6, 7/8) rather than what I am used to where it used to show:

2019-03-20.png

Anyone know how I can get the 4-stereo-in and 4-stereo-out functionality back? I know this was an issue where you has to back-rev to an earlier driver on the XR series, but I don't know if there is similar issue with the MR series?

TIA!

PS: For the record, yes I have gone to "SETUP" and selected 18x18 and not 2x2 

Vern

read more...
    0 492
    • VernonGraner
      RexBeckett

@VernonGraner 

Hi Vern,

Support for multiple channels through Windows WASAPI was dropped from recent versions of USB drivers for all MT products. This was done because Windows was not handling it consistently leading to many problems. The WASAPI interface now only supports a single stereo pair. The ASIO interface provides full multi-channel support. 

• April 9, 2020
    • VernonGraner
      GaryHiggins

@VernonGraner 

(what Rex said)

I'm using Win10 64 bit and an MR which happens to be connected at the moment I'm using driver 4.59, Midas version and I can find no screen that looks like that, most I can see is 1 single pair. Options or visual of more is not present in control panel or Window settings/system/sound. You are not using this with a DAW and the ASIO driver mode? My DAW sees all 18 in/out ok and works as it should.

• April 9, 2020
    • VernonGraner
      KenMitchell

@VernonGraner The 4.38 drivers support the 4x stereo pairs.  Hopefully someone still has those around.  I only have the XR18 version. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• April 10, 2020
    • VernonGraner
      GaryHiggins

@VernonGraner @KenMitchell 

They are posted, have to check off Show Legacy Version to get them

https://www.midasconsoles.com/Categories/Midas/Mixers/Digital/MR18/p/P0C8H/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

• April 10, 2020
  • FrankSmith
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-06

Hi

Just got my X32 for the studio, I used the DDX for years live and in studio.

I have channel 5 and 6 going to my DAW coming in on channel 3. when I insert the guitar amp on chanel 5/6 I can hear  the effected sound ( the stereo amp)  in the monitoring,  but  only the clean  original sound is recoded on the track in the DAW. I  assumed once inserted it would effect the sound going to the daw.

The  amp effect on 5 and 6The amp effect on 5 and 6Inserted on channelInserted on channelChan 5  should go to DAW on same chanChan 5 should go to DAW on same chanCheers for your time.

Bob

IMG_20200406_134429.jpg
    read more...
    0 206
    • FrankSmith
      RexBeckett

@FrankSmith 

Hi Bob, 

The default routing for the Card/USB output takes the signals from directly after the preamp/ADC so no channel processing is included. It is possible to set up different routing so that the recorded tracks include some, or all, of the channel processing.

The best way we could guide you with this is by looking at your scene. Export/save your current scene and attach the .scn file to your post (see Choose File button below).

• April 6, 2020
    • FrankSmith
      FrankSmith

Hi

Here is the file I hope.

I can still get the effect sound live ie in the monitors but it will not send to the DAW.

I have set all I can to post fader.

I have tried inserting on channel and using Bus 13 all good on the monitors.

I would like to use the guitar effects into my DAW.

Cheers for your time.

Bob

REC X32.scn
      • April 6, 2020
    • FrankSmith
      RexBeckett

@FrankSmith wrote:

Hi

Here is the file I hope.

I can still get the effect sound live ie in the monitors but it will not send to the DAW.

I have set all I can to post fader.

I have tried inserting on channel and using Bus 13 all good on the monitors.

I would like to use the guitar effects into my DAW.

Cheers for your time.

Bob

@FrankSmith 

It is usually better to insert the Guitar Amp FX rather than use send/return. I have inserted FX1 into channels 5/6. I left it as the Dual version - with separate settings for each side. I would probably use the Stereo version normally. The FX is inserted at the end of channel processing - after EQ and dynamics. You can move it before EQ/Dynamics if you wish by clicking the PRE button on the channel's Config tab.

BTW: As the Guitar Amp is a relatively simple effect, it could be moved to one of the basic, insert-only FX slots (5-8). This would leave the premium FX 1-4 slots for use with demanding, time-based effects.

I have added a User Out patch to take the pre-fader send from channels 5/6 but leave 1-4 and 7-8 coming directly from the preamps. I have used this patch on Routing -> Card for outputs 1-8. This should give you recorded tracks with full channel processing (for channels 5/6).

See the attached scene.

REC X32 V2.scn
      • April 6, 2020
  • DavidChappuies
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-02

Hello,

I am having a real problem recording a track from my X32 to Logic Pro X. I have everything connected via USB. The file sent to me looks like this.Logic1.pngI have added a track for me to put my vocal on, then i need to send it to the next band member. I can hear the tracks on logic on the X32 over Card channels 1 & 2. They play on 17&18 on the X32.  I have a mic plugged into channel 3. 

My Logic preferences are set to this

Logic2.pngX32 settings are set to this

InputX32.jpgCardX32.jpgWhen I select the I and or R on Logic, no signal is returning from my board to Logic.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dave

read more...
    0 1,131
    • DavidChappuies
      DaveMorrison

@DavidChappuies wrote:

Hello,

I am having a real problem recording a track from my X32 to Logic Pro X. I have everything connected via USB. The file sent to me looks like this.I have added a track for me to put my vocal on, then i need to send it to the next band member. I can hear the tracks on logic on the X32 over Card channels 1 & 2. They play on 17&18 on the X32.  I have a mic plugged into channel 3. 

My Logic preferences are set to this

Logic2.pngX32 settings are set to this

When I select the I and or R on Logic, no signal is returning from my board to Logic.

What am I doing wrong?

It looks like you have a stage box connected to your X32. Is the mic plugged into channel 3 of the stagebox?

Then the input on Logic (in the Track Inspector) should be a mono track on input 3.

PS. I would change the I/O buffer size to at least 128.

• April 2, 2020
    • DavidChappuies
      DavidChappuies

Thank you. That was the problem.

The usuall problem I have is everyone sends tracks in stereo. The only thing I have stereo on is the drums. When people send me a file with stereo tracks I just want to change them all to mono and get rid of the stereo out. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. What I like to do is have 1-16 from the stagebox and 17-32 from the card. Sometimes when we are playing Alan Parsons, Moody Blues, Toto, or any band with tons of synth and orchestra parts, we can mix those in to try and recreate the best sound. I never want to use a stereo out, when working with my mixer. Problem is, I don't know an easy way to change them from stereo to mono. I think it used to be easier in older versions. There used to be an infinity looking thing I could click and it would change from stereo to mono. I am working on trying to figure this out now.

I appreciate your response

Dave

• April 2, 2020
  • VernonGraner
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-28

Ok- weird "quarantined / shelter at home" question ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I have an XR18 at downtown studio, and I need to operate it from home. I have a VPN tunnel setup connecting my home network to the studio. I can ping the mixer on the far side of the tunnel, and I can even connect X-AIR to it and operate it.. HOWEVER....

Every 30 seconds to two minutes, the connection to the mixer drops and I end up with the prompt:

Lost Connection!

Try to reconnect?

[Try Reconnect] [Cancel]

My VPN is L2TP and my ping latency is typically around 18-20 ms with a max of about  50ms. The tunnel is up and stable and I can move traffic both ways without failures. Just by way of example, here's what my latency looks like from here to the mixer at the studio:

Capture.PNG

Any ideas on what I can do to keep the mixer from disconnecting..? 

Vern

read more...
    0 343
    • VernonGraner
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Vern @VernonGraner , are you by chance using Win10? I just read an article about Win10 having networking issues with the latest update, particularly with VPN. I'll try and find the article and provide the link. Another reason why I won't use Win10 (switched to Linux Mint in January).

:edit: Here is the link.

• March 28, 2020
    • VernonGraner
      VernonGraner

Sadly, the issue you linked is an issue I am not running in to. The linked issue has to do with NO connectivity in certain situations. The situation I am in is the VPN comes up and I have what appears to be FINE connectivity. I can map drives, move files, print to remote printers, RDP or VNC to remote control machines - all without an issue. 

BUT- if I connect my instance of X-AIR to the remote mixer, it works fine for only a few moments, then disconnects with an error teling me I have lost connection and asks if I want to reconnect. I don't have any clue why everything else seems to be able to use the VPN just fine but X-AIR doesn't like it at ALL.

• March 30, 2020
    • VernonGraner
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Vern @VernonGraner , would it have anything to do with the fact that most apps use TCP/IP for the ethernet communication, whereas the X-Air/M-Air/X32/M32 uses UDP? Could there be issues with the firewall and UDP on port 10023?

• March 30, 2020
    • VernonGraner
      VernonGraner

I would think so if it didn't connect and work at all.. that would indicate a block of that traffic or port. But it connects and works fine.. for a while. Then I get kicked.

The symptoms don't seem to match up with a blocked port or blocked packets since everything works when I connect. I get prompted to sync and I can dload and it will dload the mixer config and then it starts up the UI and I can move sliders and see meters move- all fine.

Then, after about 20-45 seconds or so, it stops responding and I get the message I have been disconnected and the prompt to try to reconnect. Its so weird! O.o

• March 30, 2020
  • HumbleDeer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-23

Hi

I'm wondering if the UMC404HD pairs of outputs 1/2 and 3/4 are individually addressable, so that windows can send a different stream of audio to both? Do they show up as two seperate devices in Windows' sound control like having two soundcards installed, or software like VoiceMeeter Banana can select seperate audio outputs?

Windows Sound controlWindows Sound controlVoicemeeter output selection panelVoicemeeter output selection panel

Cheers,

Anna

read more...
    0 425
    • HumbleDeer
      RexBeckett

@HumbleDeer 

Hello Anna, welcome to the community.

Windows does see the UMC 404HD as two stereo pairs (1/2 & 3/4). There are some circumstances where both pairs can be used by different applications but it depends on how each app handles sound output.

• March 22, 2020
  • PatrickGMaillot
    Valued Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-15
    X32XLIveAutoMate and X32ReaperAutoMate 2.0 released!

The two applications providing automation for X32 or M32 desks can now also be used for organizing your work files, your mix files for theater or musical performances by using X32 or M32 cues and their text/name as a help to sort or recognize them. Additionally, utilities are added to generate the list of cues to use/load to the desk, and to edit event files generated by the two applications.

All available under the "Products" section of x32ram.com

Licensed users have received an automatic update

visit https://x32ram.com for more information and for downloading the apps.Xlive2.0.jpgxrrapp.pngxrrtxt.pngCIDG.png
    xrrapp.png
    read more...
    0 77
  • christ1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-13

When I connect the interface to the PC the pc does not display the input of the interface and even in the Pro Tools application, it does not display

On the other hand, I can play audio files, any audio file from the PC via the interface.
    I have no problem reading but rather connection with the inputs of the interface
    Also thank you very much for taking into account my question or my problemCapture.PNGd.PNGdd.PNG

read more...
    0 111
    • christ1
      RexBeckett

@christ1 

Hello Geoffroy, welcome to the community.

Did you install UMC Driver 4.59.0 (for Windows 7 to 10) from UMC204HD Downloads ? Look for the device in Windows Control panel -> Device Manager to see if there are any errors/warnings flagged.

• March 13, 2020
    • christ1
      christ1 Hi Rex, thanks

I did many times

Asio is missing however I install it
      • March 13, 2020
Go to page