Statistics

305,338 members
189,620 posts
  • VernonGraner
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-22

Ok, so I picked A "accepted as solution on my last thread, and apprently, it stops you from posting replies to the thread. (Doh!).. So, I am posting this here in the hopes that the ever generous Paul will maybe chime in and let me know why this OSC command I am sending doesn't work. 

To recap, I am trying to toggel this button on/off:

Capture.PNG

So, here's my command block:

"/ch/10/mix/01/level","-127", // Button 0 Up: Ch 10 to AUX 1 INFINITY (OFF)"/ch/10/mix/01/level","0", // Button 0 Down: Ch 10 to AUX 1 UNITY GAIN"/ch/10/mix/03/level","-127", // Button 1 Up: Ch 10 to AUX 2 INFINITY (OFF)"/ch/10/mix/03/level","0", // Button 1 Down: Ch 10 to AUX 2 UNITY GAIN"/ch/10/mix/st","OFF", // Button 2 Up: Ch 10 MAIN L/R ON"/ch/10/mix/st","ON", // Button 2 Down: Ch 10 MAIN L/R OFF"/config/mute/1","OFF", // Button 3 Up: Mute Group One UN-MUTE"/config/mute/1","ON", // Button 3 Down: Mute Group One MUTE

Though, the ST for that channel doesn't toggle .. The debug shows it is sending the following:

Button 2 DOWNOSC Message: [/ch/10/mix/st ON]sizeof body112MIDI Message in HEX:0xF0,0x0,0x20,0x32,0x32,0x2F,0x63,0x68,0x2F,0x31,0x30,0x2F,0x6D,0x69,0x78,0x2F,0x73,0x74,0x20,0x4F,0x4E,0xF7,Button 2 UPOSC Message: [/ch/10/mix/st OFF]sizeof body112MIDI Message in HEX:0xF0,0x0,0x20,0x32,0x32,0x2F,0x63,0x68,0x2F,0x31,0x30,0x2F,0x6D,0x69,0x78,0x2F,0x73,0x74,0x20,0x4F,0x46,0x46,0xF7,

Not sure why its not toggling... ? 

(Just realized I could use the "insert code" to format posts better )

read more...
    0 117
    • VernonGraner
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Vernon @VernonGraner 

I figured it out. You are trying to control an XR18, not an X32 - and the OSC commands are different for this particular control. It should be

/ch/10/mix/lr

• February 22, 2020
  • JohnsonZS
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-15

2019-03-20.png

Which one uses XR18 in the Windows environment, I know that its windows driver playback page has 8 channels, I wonder if it is the same 8 channels on the recording page, can you post a screenshot of the recording page?

read more...
    0 122
    • JohnsonZS
      RexBeckett

@JohnsonZS 

Using Windows WDM sound interface the XR18 will only support two channels of recording or playback. If you install the XR18 ASIO driver and use a DAW that supports ASIO, you can record and playback eighteen channels.

• February 15, 2020
  • JamieTN
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-13

Hi im setting up an XR18 for a project ASIO is working perfectly however i cant get any windows applications to send audio to the mixer using the default windows audio interfaces

when i try to record from Line In 1-2 or play audio to  Line Out 1-2 in audition the playback\recording stops.

Im trying to connect Bria 5 to the mixer using the following settings.

Bria.PNG

Upgrading to Version 4.59 of the audio driver gives the same thing with line 1-2.

The mixer is on the latest firmware.

read more...
    0 107
  • Otto10
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-08

Hello

I have purchased a UMC202HD audio interfase unit. I need help to "make a hole" from the AUDIO EDITING SOFTWARE: READER v. 6.03 on my PC to the UMC202HDThe UMC202HD driver- software has been installed allright. Hope that someone are able to guide me through the READER-setup process. r. OttoReaper preferences.jpg

read more...
    0 244
    • Otto10
      RexBeckett

@Otto10 

Hello Otto, welcome to the community.

You can select the UMC202HD as input and output devices on Reaper's Options -> Preferences -> Device page. First select the Audio System and then the Input and Output devices.

Options, PreferencesOptions, Preferences

My screenshot shows the Input and Output devices set to use the Defaults but it is better to select the  UMC202HD directly. I would not set the UMC202HD as Windows default recording or playback device (in Control Panel -> Sound) as this can result in conflicts.

If you have installed the ASIO4ALL software, you could also choose ASIO as the Audio system. This is not really necessary for a two-channel interface. I would try using the WASAPI system first.

• February 7, 2020
    • Otto10
      KaylaAird

Podcasts are similar to streaming in that they are audio files that can be streamed or downloaded. They live on the Internet and are commonly found on sites like iTunes and Stitcher. Still, you can get help from (https://uk.bestessays.com/buy-assignment-online.html) to manage your thesis assignment easily. The difference between podcasting and streaming is that you can only download podcasts from your computer or device; you cannot stream them from another device.

• Sep 19
  • Quetz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-30

BASE GRAPHIC X_TOUCH LIGHT SMALL.png

The speed with which the faders update and the wealth of controls made this a great platform - having individual display LCDs instead of the hard to decipher joined displays on other units makes it very nice to work on too.

Great unit!

If you use Studio One and own an X-Touch or are thinking of buying one, please check out

www.modernidiots.com

There is an annotated breakdown of many of the features and functions on a gearslutz thread starting here:

click 'continue in thread' at top right to continue reading) 

You can multi-select channels from the X-Touch, you have 32 hardware controls for plugins instead of just the 8 encoders, things like send mode integrates send pan and level, send mutes and pre-fader/post-fader toggle, controller sync to track scenes, soft mixer latching to controller banking, and loads more.

The system is a tiny installer plus a physical graphic overlay.

It's a beast!

Any questions please fire away

read more...
    0 70
  • SuburbanKnight
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-29

Hi,

I wanted to expand my old TC Electronic Impact Twin inputs so bought the ADA8200, this works fine. However being new to using a DAW and using Balanced audio outs on my synths I'm not sure what balanced cables I should be using. Is it jack (synth) to XLR (ADA8200) or just TRS jack to jack?

The reason I ask is because I just bought a Deepmind 12D and when setting the input gain above 3 o'clock on the 8200 it's really noisy, so I thought using balanced cables may help with noise, but when I plugged in some TRS to TRS balanced jack cables the noise is the same.

So I'm wandering if I'm using the wrong cable or the Deepmind has a noisy output and needs to be returned.cable (2).jpgThese are the cables:

read more...
    0 433
    • SuburbanKnight
      KenMitchell

Hi Andrew ( @SuburbanKnight ), 

It's important to understand that TRS plugs can be used for balanced mono and also for unbalanced stereo signals.  You need to determine the signal type on the equipment before making the connections.  Just because it fits doesn't mean it's the right signal type.  Many synths use unbalanced TRS jacks so those should be split into dual mono TS plugs when connecting to a mixer of audio interface. 

If you can list out the synts you have, I can help you identify whether the output jacks on the synth are unbalanced stereo and balanced mono.  The noise you are getting sounds like you are connecting an unbalanced stereo to a balanced mono. 

EDIT: Just took a look at the Deepmind 12D.  It has 3x 1/4" TRS outputs.  Output L/R are TRS balanced mono so they can be connected using a TRS-XLR or TRS-TRS cable.  The third 1/4" TRS is the headphones jack.  That should not be used to connect to an interface or mixer.  The HP amp is too hot of a signal for a line input. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• January 29, 2020
    • SuburbanKnight
      GeoffPinckney Hi guys, I too am experiencing a noise issue. I am using balanced leads going into an Audient iD22 insert return (bypassing the pre amps. The noise level is very low - around -80dB, but the noise that concerns me appears to be coming from the oscillators themselves. It's like a kind of fluttering sound, almost as if the noise generator was turned up (but it's not, it's off). It gets more noticeable when playing higher notes. I start with a Default Program and slowly lower the filter cutoff and I start to hear the noise come in under the saw. It almost makes it unusable when creating unison bass type sounds as the noise increases and the filter isn't able to filter it out enough. The only way around it was to insert a MoodFilter in the FX section and assign that to an envelope via the mod matrix. This totally cuts the noise out.
      • July 1, 2020
    • SuburbanKnight
      GeoffPinckney I'd like to add that this occurs even after a full calibration. This is audible on both headphones and balanced outputs. Cheers
      • July 1, 2020
  • Ametrine
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-25

Hello, 

I have installed the driver on windows 7 and trying to connect a USB/XLR microphone to the interface. The microphone works well when connected directly to the computer, but not with the interface. Without phantom power there is noise, and with phantom power there is nothing.  It appears also a bit strangely in the sound device. See images. 

Capture.PNGIMG_20200125_170852.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help. 

IMG_20200125_170852.jpg
    read more...
    0 348
    • Ametrine
      RexBeckett

@Ametrine 

Hello Yan, welcome to the community.

What is the make/model of the microphone you are using?

• January 25, 2020
    • Ametrine
      Ametrine

Hi, 

The microphone is a Chinese BM-900 Condensor microphone:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32972745595.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.33a150d83MMJVl

So I actually managed to make it work now. I turned the phantom power on and turned the power on the microphone itself completely down. It records ok with Audacity without noise, but I get a lot of noise from the headphones that are connected directly to the U-Phoria. I cannot understand why the high noise only in the headphones. 

But the sound is still much better when I connect directly to the USB.

• January 25, 2020
    • Ametrine
      RexBeckett

@Ametrine wrote:

Hi, 

The microphone is a Chinese BM-900 Condensor microphone:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32972745595.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.33a150d83MMJVl

So I actually managed to make it work now. I turned the phantom power on and turned the power on the microphone itself completely down. It records ok with Audacity without noise, but I get a lot of noise from the headphones that are connected directly to the U-Phoria. I cannot understand why the high noise only in the headphones. 

But the sound is still much better when I connect directly to the USB.

@Ametrine 

It looks to me that the microphone was designed to work with the USB interface. I am surprised that it works through an analogue XLR connection at all. Do you have any normal analogue mics you could try with the UMC202HD?

• January 25, 2020
  • vejichan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-20

Hi I was at namm and recieve a free plugin for the polytune plugin. But the link is broken..what should I do.

Could u help me. Check attached. Thanks15795407718522750257571090584679.jpg

read more...
    0 110
  • COLRJB
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-11

My new studio (which used to be my home media room is almost complete).  I am waiting on a pair of Adam T5V monitors.

IMG_1858.jpg

read more...
    0 133
  • qitcryn
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-07

Hello All,

Needing help on getting stereo output to all monitoring sources. As my diagram attachment shows.. everything connected as out of the box.. im only recieving a final mono signal from all connected sources. 

So Mic, Piano, Drums into chnnl 2,3,4 are sourced thruough X32P into DAW.. DAW into USB X32P Aux 1 & 2..

DAW is picked up into "Aux In" Channl 1 & 2 on X32P.. As if eah channel is recieveing Stereo Signal Left and Right. BUT once i slide faders on Aux In 1 & 2 only Channel 2 is running the volume.  When panning on either the X32P and or DAW Mixer.. its only one channel.

SO.. What should my settings be so that Stereo from DAW is hitting seperate channels (Left & Right) in all my monitoring sources (Main Out, Headphones, and Monitors) ??

Thanks

X32P  connection Diagram.png

Below are the Routing Settings and Diagram of physical set-up attached;

Routing: > HOME> Inputs: Local 1-8, Local 9-16, > AESSO A1-8, AESSO A9-16 > Aux in Preamp: Card 1-2

Routing: > OUT 1-16> Analog Output; Output 01 > Catagory; Mix Bus > Output Signal: Mix Bus 01> Tap: Post Fader

Routing: > CARD OUT> Expn Card Outputs 1-8: Local 1-8 > Expn Card Outputs 9-16: Local 9-16

Routing: > CARD OUT> Expn Card Outputs 17-24: AESSO A1-8> Expn Card Outputs 25-32: AESSO A9-16

Routing: > XLR OUT> XLR Outputs 1-4: Out 1-4  > XLR Outputs 5-8: Out 5-8

read more...
    0 330
    • qitcryn
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Ivan @qitcryn 

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest you export your scene to a file (using the Utility button) to a USB stick and attach it to your response (Choose file below). That way we can have a look at your setup and better advise.

• January 7, 2020
    • qitcryn
      qitcryn

Hi Paul @Paul_Vannatto 

Thanks for the response. In looking at the Scene Menu ..the detail shows there is nothing really there.. A couple of pics attached.  (btw, i'am novice to this)

20200108_111951.jpg20200108_112033.jpg20200108_112044.jpg20200108_112145.jpg20200108_112155.jpg

20200108_112033.jpg
      • January 8, 2020
    • qitcryn
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Ivan @qitcryn 

Evidently you haven't saved your settings to a scene.

On the Scene screen do the following:

* Select an empty slot to save the scene to (you actually have 100 blank slots to choose from)

* Press the second encoder (Save) and use the interface on the right side of the screen to name the scene to something.

* Press the 6th encoder to save. The scene should show up in the list with the name you created.

* Press the Utility button (right side of the display)

* Insert a USB stick in the USB slot (to the left of the display)

* Press the 6th encoder (Export) and save the scene to a file on the USB stick

* Transfer the USB stick to your computer. 

* Respond to this thread and click on "Choose file" (at the bottom) to attach the scene file

* Click on Post

• January 8, 2020
    • qitcryn
      qitcryn

okay.. i think i got it..

MyShow.001.scn
      • January 8, 2020
    • qitcryn
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Ivan @qitcryn 

The reason why you are not getting stereo from your DAW is because the Aux 1/2 on the X32 is not stereo linked (on the channel strip, config screen) and the pan of each is down the middle. Enable the stereo link and it will automatically pan Aux 1 hard left and Aux 2 hard right.

• January 8, 2020
Go to page