Statistics

305,341 members
189,623 posts
  • kleanheart
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-06

CAN'T SEEM TO GET MY DAW TO COOPERATE WITH MY BRAND NEW UCM404HD, I KNOW ITS WORKING, YOUTUBE VIDEOS SOUND GREAT!!! AM I MISS SOMETHING?TONY D. "ON THE JAZZ TIP" /DWGN RADIOTONY D. "ON THE JAZZ TIP" /DWGN RADIO

read more...
    0 104
    • kleanheart
      GaryHiggins

Hi @kleanheart If you could perhaps be more specific as to what you want to do and have tried that isn't working, I'm sure someone here will help you out.

• January 6, 2020
    • kleanheart
      KenMitchell

Hi Tony ( @kleanheart ), 

What DAW are you using? What OS are you running?   As @GaryHiggins said, can you give us some details on what trouble you are having? 

Ken

• January 8, 2020
  • gabrielramir
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-05

IT HAS BEEN WORKING FINE FOR YEARS. SUDDENLY EVERY DAW STOPPED RECONIZING THE DRIVER, AND THE APP SHOWS THE SAME. I REINSTALLED, 'IVE DOWNLOADED NEW VERSION, NOTHING WORKED. ANYBODY?IT HAS BEEN WORKING FINE FOR YEARS. SUDDENLY EVERY DAW STOPPED RECONIZING THE DRIVER, AND THE APP SHOWS THE SAME. I REINSTALLED, 'IVE DOWNLOADED NEW VERSION, NOTHING WORKED. ANYBODY?

read more...
    0 129
    • gabrielramir
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Gabriel @gabrielramir 

Welcome to the forum. Check the Device Manager to make sure there is not something wrong with the drivers. Also change the cable (yes cables do go bad).

• January 5, 2020
  • mizpah
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-02

Good Afternoon,

Can anyone tell me if there is a Rack Mount Kit available for the QX1222USB???

Re-working my studio layout, and would like to rack mount both of my mixers...

Studio 1a.jpg

read more...
    0 104
  • mizpah
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-02

Good Afternoon, 

Can anyone tell me if there is a Rack Mount Kit available for the QX1222USB ???

Re-working my studio layout, and would like to rack mount both of my mixers...Studio 1a.jpg

read more...
    0 95
  • FRSDX
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-31

asc.png

HOW TO FIX THIS?

this always appears, why?
    and i can't open to change properties

i use U-PHORIA BEHRINGER UMC 404HD

read more...
    0 922
  • BruceLandis
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-30

Hi folks,

I just purchased a Motor49, and have integrated it in Mackie Control (MC) mode with both Reaper and Cakewalk by Bandlab (using Azslow3's modified "mackiecontrol.dll" and .ini files) DAWs.  One thing that would be nice is to be able to access banks of encoders (or, in Mackie Control-speak, banks of V-Pots), like the fader banks are accessed in MC mode, via a firmware update to the Motor.  Reason:  certain plug-in's and instruments have more than 9 encoder-assignable controls.  In MC mode, the Fader and Encoder bank select buttons are remapped to MC Mode functions (btw, the online PDF version of the Quick Start guide has a nice picture of the remapped functions, not included in the printed version).  My thought is if the first 2 Pad Bank buttons could also be remapped in MC mode, leaving the bottom 2 buttons to still select Pad banks down & up, as part of the "Standard MIDI Mode" portion of the controller.  Specifically, the Fader Bank Select buttons could be re-mapped to MC Mode Encoder Bank selects  "<ENC BANK" and "ENC BANK>" (keeping all 8 encoder-related buttons together), and the first 2 buttons in the Pad Banks section used for Fader Bank selects.   I think this is accomplished using the "Channel" buttons in the extended Mackie MCU Pro protocol, but I'm not sure it ispart of the standard Mackie Control protocol.  It may be too much work and/or would mess with the separation of MC and standard MIDI functions in the controller, but I thought I would ask.  A picture of this proposal is attached.

Motor.JPG

Thanks.

read more...
    0 236
    • BruceLandis
      DelDrago

Hello ! I have been trying to get my Motor 49 to work with Cakewalk since I got it 6 months ago.

What exact download do I need from AZ slo to get it to work? I just end up in the rabbit hole not even knowing what to look for

[email protected]

Thanks

• February 2, 2020
  • kszewczyk
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-11

Hello,

I can see 'UMC202HD 192k' in sound properties in 'Input' and 'Output' but when I select UMC device then it is... nothing. I mean in headphones is silent. Microphone (Input) is not working too. However, in the 'Output' tab I can see 'The selected device has no output controls' as at the below picture. Also, I can't record in e.g. Audacity. Laptop information: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), OS Version: 10.15.2 (19C57). On product page I can see drivers for Windows but no for MacOS (probably not required, just plug and play but not in my case).

When I connect the same cable into my Windows laptop, everything is working fine.

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 15.45.08.png

I would be so glad for any help.

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 15.45.08.png
    read more...
    0 954
    • kszewczyk
      DaveMorrison

@kszewczyk 

You are correct that the UMC202HD is plug and play on Mac.

Since you are using Catalina, you'll need to allow the microphone to allow any sound in.

For Catalina to allow sound in: System Preferences: Security: Privacy and Microphone. Check the software you want to allow.

• December 11, 2019
    • kszewczyk
      kszewczyk

@DaveMorrison 

Unfortunately, this is not the error you mentioned.

Please take a look at my screen record. There you can see I can record voice in Audacity for the built-in microphone. But for UMC a few seconds of frozen and without sound, and in Audacity, you can see this effect strongly.

(view in My Videos)

From system report:

UMC202HD 192k:  Product ID:0x0507  Vendor ID:0x1397  Version:1.12  Speed:Up to 12 Mb/s  Manufacturer:BEHRINGER  Location ID:0x14310000 / 4  Current Available (mA):500  Current Required (mA):500  Extra Operating Current (mA):0
      • December 11, 2019
    • kszewczyk
      DaveMorrison

@kszewczyk 

'The selected device has no output controls' simply means the controls are on the interface and not controllable from the computer.

Let's ask Ken @KenMitchell  for his opinion. 

• December 12, 2019
    • kszewczyk
      KenMitchell

@kszewczyk 

@DaveMorrison is correct regarding that message. The output is full digital to the 202HD and the volume is controlled by the Main or Headphones volume knobs on the front of the interface. 

Is there supposed to be audio in that video?  I can't hear anything no matter what I try.   If the details of the problem are in the audio then I can't help much. 

The one thing I see that's a little weird and that is the "Speed:" is only "Up to 12Mb/s". My late 2015 MBP shows "Up to 480Mb/s".    Are you running the 202HD on a USB hub by chance? 

Ken

• December 12, 2019
    • kszewczyk
      kszewczyk

@KenMitchell 

(view in My Videos)

I will buy a direct USB-C to USB-B cable and then I will make tests. But as in the video - the same hub is working on Windows laptop (USB-B [UMC] > USB-A [hub] > USB-C [laptop]).

Kris

• December 12, 2019
  • JimMusicFace
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-10

I've using the Behringer UMC404HD with Logic Pro X - I've recently became aware of the Audio Device Controls on the channel strip, but they are grayed out? Does anyone know how to enable these, as it it would make controlling the UMC404HD much easier than reaching over each time I need to adjust it.

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 21.19.42.png

read more...
    0 428
    • JimMusicFace
      KenMitchell

Hi Jim @JimMusicFace , 

Welcome to the community.  If your audio interface had software controlled pre-amps that were core audio compliant then you would get those controls to show up, otherwise they are grayed out.  As for the 404HD, the pre-amp gain is controlled by a knob on the front of the unit so no software control. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• December 10, 2019
    • JimMusicFace
      ChrisJanton

The audio interface has to enable the functions. Up to Behringer. I would like it for my XR18 as well. Sigh,

• December 10, 2019
  • DanN
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-04

Hi,

I browsed the forum but could'nt find this exact setup.

We are currently using the M32+DL32 at FOH and the M32C+DL32 for IEM. But, I'm running into a issue when trying to connect a M32R for broadcast. I cant figure out how to route the channels to it.

The M32+DL32 at FOH is the master clock. 

I'd like to copy 32 channels plus the AUX IN from the FOH to the 2 other mixers.

Attached is how I currently have everything connected.

Mixer Routing.png

If anyone could help with routing and connections, I would much appreciate it. 

read more...
    0 1,299
    • DanN
      CraigFowler

That's going to be a problem due to the bank shifting that will occur on the 2nd DL32 for the outputs on it's B sockets; singals from the (empty) preamp sockets from the 2nd DL32 will will replace the signals from the rest of the system you were hoping to make part of your broadcast mix.  Furthermore, with the picture you've drawn, there's also the issue of needing 38 channels of inputs between the IEM console and broadcast console + presumably a further 16 signals for monitors (assuming using all 16 outs on the 2nd DL32 for monitors.)  38+16 = 54, and the AES50 protocol can only handle 48.

You're going to need to re-order things a bit to allow for that.  I'd do it as follows:

DL32(1)A>M32(B), M32(A)>M32R(B), M32R(A)>M32C(B), M32(C)>DL32(2)(A)

That way you'll be able to get all 38 input signals to all consoles, for mixing.  The FOH console can output its LR mix on the 1st DL32 and\or its own local outputs, the broadcast mixer can output its own broadcast mix on either its own local outputs (most likely the card out,) and the IEM console can output 16 mono (or 8 stereo) IEM mixes ot the analogue outs of the 2nd DL32.

• December 4, 2019
    • DanN
      DanN

@CraigFowler 

Thanks for the reply. So far from testing what you gave is working.

Is there anyway I can put the M32R-Broadcast last in the daisy chain?

We don’t always use the M32R, but in the configuration you gave, it would always have to be on, to pass thru the AES to the M32C-IEM

• December 5, 2019
    • DanN
      GaryHiggins

@DanN This won't solve your 'always on' problem but why not connect the B port of the M32C to the A port of the M32R? M32R B port to DL32 #2 A port and not use the B port connection of the second DL at all? That would allow the broadcast mixer to choose the 2nd DL inputs or aes50a sources and dictate the 2nd DL's outs. You would still have the aux issue from FOH but if you don't need any more than 24 ch's of mic pre's total it may work. It was never really stated how many total inputs and where the sources came from except needing the foh aux ch's for broadcast. Also what do you use the first DL32 at FOH for, just outputs? Seems an odd spot for a full 32 mic pre’s. To me it would seem more fitting to let the M32C choose all the sources and then share those to both FOH and Broadcast via aes50.

• December 6, 2019
    • DanN
      DanN

@CraigFowler@GaryHiggins 

We are using 32 channels + 6 Aux IN at FOH.

1-8: AES 1-8, 9-16: Dante, 17-32:AES 17-32, 6 AUX In. We are maxing out the inputs. We are using 16 XLR outs on M32 to feed various matrix and overflow speakers as well as LR. The DL32#1 is on stage and is receiving inputs 1-8, 16-32. We also have 4 outputs configured on it. 

The M32C+DL32#2 is solely used for IEM. As we ran out of busses on FOH, we use the M32C+DL32#2 to feed 2xStereo and 8xMono mixes. The last 2 busses are used for FX.

On the M32R all I'd need is the 32 channels + 6 Aux IN. This would only be used on special services, this is why Im trying to have it last in the Chain. Don't like the idea of relying on it being on for the IEM to work. I'd use 2 local outputs off this mixer.

As for conecting the mixers, I had only the M32+DL32 and the M32C+DL32 prior, so we never ran into issues. I tried connecting it this way to have it last in the chain, but obviously thats not going to work.

This is unfortunante. I was going to add another M32C+DL32 to make a total of 16 Stereo Outs for the IEM. But seem like thats going to be an issue.

• December 6, 2019
    • DanN
      CraigFowler

For your current setup:

It sounds like you're only using 4 outputs on the first DL32 from the FOH console, and need 12 outputs for monitors (2x stereo + 8x mono,) which you've currently got on the 2nd DL32. In that case you could get FOH+Monitor outputs on the same DL32, and dispense with the 2nd DL32 completely.

That way you could run DL32>M32C>M32>M32R. The M32C and the M32 can swap positions if that chain if that helps at all.

WRT adding another M32C+DL32 to give the monitoring system a total of 16 stereo IEMs:
      That's going to be a challenge.

Firstly: 16 stereo IEMs (8 per console) means 16 buses per console. This leaves almost none available for FX sends (unless you resort to using the console's LR bus as the 8th IEM mix, freeing up buses 15+16 to use as FX sends.

Secondly, 16 stereo IEMs means 32 outputs. That completely takes up all the analogue outs of 2x DL32s, meaning you're stuck for output sockets for those 4 signals you currently send to the first DL32 from FOH.

Thirdley, you have the issue of keeping the channel processing consistant between the two monitor consoles, eg if ch17 has a certain eq on the first monitor console, how do you ensure that ch17 has the same eq on the 2nd monitor console, so it sounds the same in everyone's ears? Now multiply this problem over all 38 inputs, + fx sends + fx processing. It can be helped with Patrick's X32_Commander app, if you can put a Windows computer on the same network as the consoles, but it will take some configuration.

Fourthly, there is the AES50 configuration.
      There aren't enough AES50 sockets to make this monitor part of the system work with the FOH+broadcast parts, especially due to the bankshifting performed by the DL32. It might work with another combination of stageboxes, I'd have to think a bit more.

• December 6, 2019
  • KenMitchell
    Rock Star - Level 3
    2019-12-03

I've seen this come up in several different situations so I thought it would be worth creating a new post.  When you need to get audio in and out of a mobile phone that has a 3.5mm headphone jack it's important to know that there are two standards for the wiring of these jacks.  Using the wrong adapter can cause all sorts of "weird problems" or it simply won't work depeneding on the phone. 

One standard is AHJ or CTIA and the other is OMTP.  While both use a same TRRS plug, the American Headset Jack or Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association standard defines the wiring differently than the Open Mobile Terminal Platform.  

For AHJ/CTIA the Tip = Audio Left Out, the First Ring = Audio Right Out, the Second Ring = Ground, and the Sleeve = Microphone In

For the OMTP standard the Ground and Microphone In are swapped. In other words, T = Audio Left Out, the first Ring = Audio Right Out, the Second Right = Microphone In, and the Sleeve = Ground. 

WpR1r.png

This same information applies to the 3.5mm jack on a Lightning Audio adapter or a USB-C Audio adapter. 

Again, make sure you are using the right splitter adapter that matches your phone jack. 

read more...
    2 1,282
Go to page