Statistics

187,384 members
57,273 posts
  • 2020-08-28

Hi Guys, does anyone know if the Behringer B105D USB port can supply 5V power to a USB device? My guess is it can because it says "USB input accepts USB connection from memory devices with MP3 files." A memory device would require power form the port most likely. 

I have a wireless microphone receiver connected to the mic input on the B105D and I'd like to connect a USB cable from the same unit, so I don't have to recharge it all the time. 

Will this work?

read more...
    0 17
    • Chris Connaker
      Paul Vannatto Yes, but since it is USB 2.0, it can only provide 5V @ 500 ma max. If what you want to power is less than that, it will probably work. But many devices today require much more than that (eg. smartphones, etc.). It would be far better to power the device with the power adapter that came with it.
      • Aug 27
    • Chris Connaker
      Chris Connaker Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. I'm using Sennheiser xsw-d wireless microphones. They only ship with a USB cable and no charger. Because the receiver can't accept phantom power, I'd love to power it while in use via this USB port instead of disconnect it every night and connect it to the USB port of my computer.
      • Aug 27