Statistics

251,055 members
128,285 posts
  • New
    CPMixing
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-19

Hi,

The other day while doing other work behind my Midas, I unfortunately bumped a speaker and it fell and broke off the Master and Mono Master Faders. In the attached pic, you can see what I'm left with. It was a pretty clean break, but there is nothing in the faders now to control them, although they still work and pass audio. I have 2 questions...

-Do I really need to take apart the entire console to re attach the faders?

-The metal port that the fader attaches to might be bent, what parts might I need to re attach them?

Thanks so much for any help at all.

read more...
    0 52
    • CPMixing
      Nigel67 Hi CPMixing. I think that you will do very well if you can attach the shafts back on the faders. You will more than likely have to replace them. The faders are soldered on to the pcb, so yes, you will have to take out the fader pcb to desolder and replace the faders, or you can purchase a replacement fader pcb. If you know how to solder, then its a more time consuming job than being difficult. To access the pcbs, you need to take the bottom panel off the console. For availability of faders or fader pcb, please contact our spares team. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with part numbers, availability and pricing.
      • Jun 19
  • New
    Mixbus16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-15

Hello, I am helping someone who just got an old Midas TR console. 36 inputs 8 Goups and 8 Matrix.
    It is fitted with patchbays wired to EDAC connecors. The EDAC's look to be the 120 pin variety.
    There are 6 EDACs. Two under the bay, three under the channels, and one under the group matrix.

Would anyone happen to have, or know what the pinout is for these?
    Or any info on what the EDACS might be wired to in the bays? Looking for a place to start figuring out what these patch points are.

Thank you!

read more...
    0 66
  • New
    Alvaro73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

Hi, my Mic Gain dual encoder from a Stereo Channel is broken, or rather the middle shaft has broken off. Attached is a picture to clarify which one I'm referring to.

Could you let me which encoder is a suitable replacement so I can fix it? Part number? Are they Alps?

Many thanks

read more...
    0 60
    • Alvaro73
      Dale_M Hi there, I would advise going to the support tab above and selecting spares, we may still have some but the team can advise on price and availability for you.
      • May 5
  • New
    TurdFerguson19
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but not to Midas, I have recently purchased a pristine Venice F32. The only issue is my channel #4 fader is missing ? at least the knob plus the slider, the body is still on the circuit board. Can someone point me in the right direction for a replacement fader plus the knob? 

read more...
    0 111
    • TurdFerguson19
      Nigel67 Hi, please click on the support tab at the top of the page. In the new page that opens, scroll down, click on the spare parts tab and submit a ticket. One of my colleagues will then get back to you with pricing and availability. many thanks
      • Jan 24
  • New
    Miklos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi there, 

I wrote to your service team and they suggested I should write to you intead. My Midas XL4 

has a broken IC circuit in the motherboard, i need either a new motherboard or just another IC cucuit. 

I Have attached a picture in hope that someone in your network can help with this as without this the console 

will be completely worthless, and that would be really bad. 

Thanks in advance 

read more...
    0 123
    • Miklos
      Nigel67 Hi Miklos, I am going to set up a case for this. I will e-mail you in the next few hours and we can go from there.
      • Jan 12