Statistics

261,126 members
139,804 posts
  • New
    rob18
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-23

I am going to put MX882 in my home recording output routing, there are: PC -- Yamaha MG10XU -- Behringer MX882 -- Power Amplifier -- Flat (Recording) Speakers.

The reason I'm using the MX882 because I want to have option speakers (home stereo speakers) to listen and compare the results of my work, so I'll connect another amplifier to another output of MX882 for that purpose.

The Questions are:

1. MX882 has balanced outputs (both XLR and TRS), is safe if I wire those to RCA (I mean one TRS/XLR for one RCA)? Or is better if I use unbalanced TS jack to RCA? I read from other forum that I can damage my amp if I wire TRS to RCA and some short circuit come to the TRS jack

2. Is safe to connect MX882 output direct to passive speakers? 

Thanks

read more...
    0 10
    • rob18
      PedroRodrigues Hi rob18, please consider that you should not connect any XLR and 1/4 TRS Jack to a RCA connector in any situation. Please take in to account that to implement the MX882 output you must use full XLR and 1/4 TRS Jack cables to avoid any issues on the unit and nay signal degradation . Thank you
      • Sep 27
  • New
    RusellStarrett
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-07

This is the output meter on my 1602 mixer. This is what appears when there is no sound output from the mixer. The actual sound output does not seem to be unaffected, and the other meter responds to signal being output. The Korg mixer below it is not connected. This is the case even when there is nothing connected to the mixer. Thanks in advance for your help.

read more...
    0 41
    • RusellStarrett
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I recommend you contact us directly through the Support>Technical Support link at the top of the page.
      • Jun 7
  • KimBerg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-21
    0 88
    • KimBerg
      Paul_Vannatto The red lights shows clipping on every channel, even ones with nothing plugged into them. I would say you have a hardware failure. Unfortunately that is an older analog mixer that is no longer in production.
      • September 20, 2020
    • KimBerg
      john0121 Hi Kim, sorry to see the problem with your mixer. You can find a least of our authorised service centres here if you want to look into repair options:

https://www.behringer.com/buy.html?type=POS
      • September 21, 2020