Statistics

250,514 members
127,680 posts
  • New
    samadorluna
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-17

1. Our MIDAS M32 was working perfectly, but recently the USB card stop working. The mac does not recognize it.

2. the issue, is not related to any update.

3.. After the failure, we update the midas m32 firmare. It did not repair the problem

4. We back to factory settings, and it did not repair the problem.

5. We remove and reinstall the card and it did not repair the problem.

6. The usb card DOES RECOGNIZE the SD cards, but not the usb port conexion.

7. We have tryed with windows and mac . The same result.

8. Does any body now what we can do?

read more...
    0 45
  • New
    DougHurd
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-20

Here is a product all M32 FOH engineers could use. A 2x16 inputs to 1x16 outputs switch to switch from house console to touring console.

read more...
    0 67
  • New
    Lucos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

Hello Everybody! 

I have an issue. I want to connect my Soundblaster Z to the Go XLR Mini, in order to have the quality sound of the DAC and manage the sound volume with the Go XLR.

I tried to connect the SBZ Line Out 1 to the Line IN of the GOXLR, but not sound gone throught the channel, then in my speakers/headset.

I cannot connect the optical line because the metal wing that stop the connector is broken, and it unplug constantly, it's not a safe connection.

Then i'm here to understand WHY i doesn't hear the sound. It's a Windows sound setting wrong? It's a connection mistake?

Please help.

I just want the DAC quality sound, and the comfort to manage the sound level and the other channels in case i want to make some streaming. 

Attached a fast draw of what i did. 

Regards and thank you!

Luca

read more...
    0 54
  • New
    mvsounds
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

I just purchased this mixer for Zoom online lessons. What I discovered after the set up, is when I connect the microphone and the headphones, when i connect on Zoom, either I can listen to my student or myself, but not both of us together. There has to be a  way where I can hear both of us in headphones, it should be so simple but I could not find it. Anyone who knows a way around it? The audio inputs and outputs in Zoom are USB AUDIO CODEC.

read more...
    0 138
    • mvsounds
      RexBeckett Hi mvsounds, there is a way around this. Connect both 2-Track Out to 2-Track In with a pair of short RCA/RCA cables. Press the USB/2TR To Phones/CTRL Rm button. Now you should hear both Zoom sound and your local mix through the Phones output. You may need to use the PC's output level control to adjust the mix.
      • May 4
  • New
    JRZDAV1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-30

We are in the conference meetings industry and have recently built a mobile studio for Hybrid events. My question is in regards to the DN9620 and it's capability of allowing control of two M32R+DL32 each at its own location. One in a live conference environment and one inside the mobile production studio. Each side will have it's own audio sources.

The mobile studio will have computers managing incoming video calls (x8) from remote presenters and will also handle GFX/Video Playback. All of these sources fed into one DL32. Stereo pair of mixbuses to the webstream and Records.

The Live Event inside the Venue will have Microphones (any number) and perhaps and audio source or two misc. Outputs to PA, foldbacks, Backstage monitors.

With the attached disgram, my questions are: Can I have an audio engineer at each side doing their own mix with all sources coming from both sides? And, can one engineer at the Live Event side mix for both the live and webstream? And both of these question is taking into consideration that the DN9620 is connecting both the DL32 units via fiber.

From that I read in the spec sheet and manual both scenarios seem possible but if someone who has experience with the DN9620 could confirm this I would appreciate it greatly!!

read more...
    1 82
    • JRZDAV1
      DanielPaine Hi, The above would require a re-design to order to achieve your desired application. There are a few things to bear in mind to understand what needs to change and why:

1. M32 connection to DL32 only requires 1 cable (AES50 A to A)
      2. Connecting the 2 x M32's together can be done via the M32-B ports (1 console master, the other slave to B).
      3. DN9620 can be used in place of the copper connection for fibre (M32-B->DN9620-port 1->Fibre->DN9620-port 1->M32-B)
      4. A single AES50 cable can handle 48 x 48 channels. Within the routing, you can patch 32 ch of DL32 through to the AES50-B and potentially a further 8 channels of mixes. Doing this via the B of the desk and not the B of the DL32 keeps the clocks correct and allows a simpler 1 to 1 connection for patching. This should be done for both Broadcast and FOH.

The caveat is the lack of gain control of the opposite system stage box. Audio from the opposite box will be (gain) defined by the local mixer.

I hope this is clear. Let me know if you have any more questions.
      • Mar 31
  • New
    RaimundLoup
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-03

Hello,

when I connect my new 302USB to my MacBook Air (running BigSur 11.2) the system automatically adds to new audio devices:

USB Audio CODEC 1 (for output from Mac to mixer)

USB Audio CODEC 2 (for input to Mac from mixer)

USB Audio CODEC 1 (sending sound from Mac to 302USB) is working porperly.

But I want to use Audio CODEC 2 to record the Main mix signal on the Mac. Unfortunately the input signal level is very small and the audio device in the MIDI setup does not allow to change it (the slides are de-activated - greyed-out).

Main mixer signal seems to be Ok. I connected an iPOD to Line-In and routed it to the Main mixer. At the loudest parts of the song, the Clip LED (Main mixer) flashes up shotly and also at the headphones output of the mixer, I have a reasonable signal.

I tested different recording apps (Audacity as well as QuickTime Recorder). All apps just show a very weak signal level coming from Audio CODEC 2.

Does anybody had similar issues and maybe already found a solution?

Kind regards

Raimund

read more...
    0 43
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-13

Midas HUB4 Firmware UpdateVersion 2.5

This update introduces a wealth of new features that help simplifying setup, improve overview and provide new means of communication for all live performance and studio production applications, where musicians are in control of their own monitor mix. Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. Download the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4, and make sure the latest versions will be installed to both.

New Features 2.5

• Talkback support for X/M32Improvements
    • Submit all connected AES50 devices in chain to X/M32
    • Fix for USB bootloader issues on newest AMD processors

Firmware Update Process with SimplyPUT

1. Download SimplyPUT from midasconsoles.com (available for OSX, Windows and Linux)2. Extract the archive and follow the on-screen instructions to install software3. Connect HUB4 to computer via USB4. Hold button 1 below ‘PORT 1-4 TO OUTPUTS’ while turning on HUB45. Keep pressing until all buttons 1 - 4 turn green6. Open SimplyPUT and select most recent Firmware-Version from the drop-down menu7. Press Update-Button to update firmware8. Do not turn off the device before the update has finished(active Update is indicated by flashing Buttons 1 - 4 )9. After successful update restart HUB4 and detach USB-ConnectionVisit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly.

Download here: https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0DM1

read more...
    2 620
    • Midas
      joshtew May I know how does the Talkback function work? I have not been able to find any useful documentation on using the ambience Mic on the DP48 for communication among the band members and sound engineer.
      • December 19, 2020
      • Midas HUB4 Firmware Update Version 2.5 Now Available
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Joshua, if you press and hold the Mic button and start talking (toward the left ambience mic), it will transmit your voice on AES50 ch 48. If you want to hear what is transmitted from another DP48 or console, assign AES50 ch 48 to one of the groups (eg. group 12). If you want to transmit from the console, assign the talkback to AES50 ch 48 as well.
        • December 19, 2020
        joshtew Thanks Paul for the advice. “Press and hold Mic Button" is probably the key thing that I missed. Will try again.

Really need updated user manual for DP48 + Hub4 as a complete system.
        • December 23, 2020
        joshtew For some reason, only 1 DP48 worked when I press and hold MIC. The screen shows TALK. But for the other DP48s with the same settings none showed TALK when I press and hold MIC button....

Update : I have since discovered that it is due to daisy chaining of DP48s, all the units that are daisy chained could not activate TALK when Mic Button is pressed and held. Only directly connect ones without other units connected to its through port is able to. I have created a new discussion for this issue.

https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/202538/309488/dp48-talkback-function-fw1-9-not-working-with-daisy-chained-unit
        • December 24, 2020
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-10-16

I can't officialy locate the most recent mode chart for the DL/S16. It seems we also could use a manual update to reflect those modes or minimally some link to the changes made? The current manual only shows 10 modes. The newer chart is better IMO for the first 10 older modes as well. The new modes (11 and 12) have been around for quite a while now (maybe 2 years?) but no documentation is findable these days. I found it once a long while ago (and made a copy) but am unsure from where-perhaps an older firmware file? There is but ONE firmware file available today so nobody can check past versions unless they saved the old files themselves. I do have a copy I saved (pic attached) and there is some wiki info available from back then but the most recent chart (not my creation) appears to no longer exist anywhere others might find. At best it is VERY well hidden.

read more...
    2 54