Statistics

215,308 members
88,415 posts
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-25

I saw that module part not activated now.

When this optional board provided, WING's audio network ( MODULE in ROUTE page ) activated

simultaniously using WING LIVE ( SD REC ).

WHEN CAN I MEET this option board ? ^^

0 6
    • pilgrims1
      GaryHiggins I will be a while, the W-Dante card has not yet been delivered and it will be after that. If I were a guesser ,and I am...I would say it's at least a year away. Hope not but that's my guess. I think you will see an option to buy the Wing itself with it pre installed FIRST, at a premium of course. This card requires it to be installed by a service center NOT user installable.
      • Thu at 2:16 PM
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-25

Thanks great WING console.

but... I found that SHOW CNTRL section is blank.

When can I using this section with detail show ( snapshot ) control functions.... ??

0 3
    • pilgrims1
      Paul_Vannatto The show management features are still in development. Yes it is being worked on. No ETA at this point.
      • Thu at 7:16 AM
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-21

Hello - my understanding is with the Powerplay 16 that can be directly plugged into the X32 Personal Monitor Jack so I won't need to use mic or line outputs.  Couple questions - if I use that is it only mono rather than stereo? And second how do I assign a mix bus to this?  For example output 1 is assigned to mix bus 1, output 2 to mix bus 2 etc.  But I'm not sure how to assign this one.  Thanks 

Also ignore pic attached it won't seem to let me delete it.

read more...
    0 8
    • Mike7300
      RexBeckett Hi Mike, the Powerplay P16-M can indeed be fed from the X32's Ultranet output. This can carry sixteen separate signals which can be panned as required in the P16-M to produce a stereo mix.

The signals sent through the Ultranet port are specified on the X32 Routing -> Ultranet tab. The signals can be taken from channel taps or any of the buses.
      • Feb 21
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Is the cable to connect P16 to X32 just a regular Cat 5?
      • Feb 21
      • X32 Rack with Powerplay 16
        KyleJohnson Hi Mike, Kyle here with Music Tribe. We recommend Shielded Cat5e for Ultranet and AES50 connections.
        • Feb 21
  • New
    RobertWJones
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-18

Having an issue with AES50 port A on a compact, trying to connect an SD16. i've been running the x32 since day one, thought i could troubleshoot anything, but this one has me stumped. With no cat5 connected, i have a red square next to A:, and in connected devices, it shows a connected console (1st pic), local inputs work fine. When i plug into AES50 A, it shows no connected device and neither the inputs on the console or stage box work, no matter how routing is set, and the AES50A light on the SD16 may occasionally flash, sometimes red, sometimes green (2nd pic). if i plug into AES50B on the console, the console re-appears in the connected devices A: window, along with the SD16 in connected devices B: (3rd pic). Routing through AES B 1-8 and 9-16 everthing works as it should. sync is set to internal on the compact, sample rate doesn't matter. have tried many different cat5 cables, rebooting and i have reinitialized the console to make sure it wasn't just confused... concerned there may be an issue with port AES50 A on console. There was a similar post May 2019, that i see Paul chimed in on, but no real resolution or reccommended... i've pretty much narrowed to an issue in the compact itself since SD16 and cabling work fine through port B. what could i be missing? anyone....

read more...
    0 10
    • RobertWJones
      RobertWJones
      • Feb 18
    • RobertWJones
      RobertWJones of course he pics posted in the wrong order, but you get the idea.... it also bears mentioning that when i visited the customer last friday, everything booted fine, and i was "what are you talking about"... they decided they were ready for additional training and saturday morning, the problem replicated itself with no changes from when it worked friday evening. also worth mentioning and noted in this last pic, a couple times during power cycles, it HAS shown a connected device of an x32 with a green square while it's been connected to the SD16... this pic...
      • Feb 18
    • RobertWJones
      Paul_Vannatto One thing you can do, before submitting a ticket (by clicking on the Support above) is to have a close look (with a magnifying glass) at the AES50 A port. Have a look at the little fingers and make sure they are all parallel to each other and not bent or damaged.
      • Feb 18
    • RobertWJones
      KevinMaxwell I would suggest that if you can move the SD16 and the X32 close to each other and hook them together with a short Ethernet cable. To test this you shouldn't need to use and ether-con cable just a regular ethernet cable and see if it works.
      • Feb 18
      • connection issue, x32compact with sd16
        RobertWJones thanks kevin... i did fail to mention that its a portable system, not a fixed install and the equipment is readily available and accessible in my shop if anyone had additional questions....
        • Feb 19
  • New
    MCG1DUMC
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-18

Any suggestions on how to get this back up and running as soon as possible. We already had to do one last nights  service with a make shift rig.  

0 13
    • MCG1DUMC
      Dale_M Hi Dale here do you think you can submit a support ticket (technical) from the tab above and put FAO Dale in the subject line so I can help you please?
      • Mon at 12:59 AM
  • New
    crazyED231
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-17

How come no one told me about POE routers/access points? This will be a game changer for us (Stealing Savanah) being able to mount the access point on a mic stand and send it really high in the air without worrying about getting a power cable there too is pretty awesome. 

Also we always would set up expensive laptops to record the shows. No one told me about being able to record into an old android phone over a otb usb cable. I really wish I knew this like two years ago. Setting up a phone to record a show is so much faster than safer than a laptop. 

Any hardware/software updates in the future for xr18?   I would love to be able to have more than 4fx going :) 

Thanks for all the shows. The xr18 is pretty awesome. Lets hope for an open summer full of live events. 

Ed.  

read more...
    0 11
    • crazyED231
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Ed, to respond to your question "How come no one told me about POE routers...", you didn't ask or didn't participate in the daily discussions on this forum. We've had a number of threads over the years discussing pros and cons of POE.

Regarding your comment of using an "inexpensive android" for recording instead of a laptop, I'm currently using a commercial grade HP laptop that I paid $120 CAD (used) for recording and X-Air Edit control (using linux OS). I paid more for my android phone and will always have it with me prior, during and after a live event, simply because of those that need to contact me about issues that would affect the success of the event. Furthermore, the quality, capacity, etc. of recording on a phone will not be the same as on a laptop (eg. multi-tracking, etc.).

Regarding the XR18, if you need more than 4 FX slots, invest in an X32 Rack. For smaller events, I typically use an XR18 (or MR18) and for mid-size events I use the X32 Rack. Hardware-wise, there will be no change to the X-Air line. But there will be future firmware updates.
      • Feb 17
      • Finally updating the beat linksys... + android recording
        crazyED231 I wasnt being literal like people should have just been offering me this info and its their fault. There just isnt a lot of info out there and if you arent into computers and networking you might not now about it what POE is. or that you CAN multi track record at the exactly same quality as with a laptop with a cell phone as old as a galaxy s5. Ive been using an old free pixel 2 to multi track record. Both of these things, even though im in the industry, didnt really know about and kinda stumbled upon and Im really excited about it! Check out this recording from the summer. now that i got better wifi and can just move around on a mic stand. This year is gonna be great. if theres shows. lol... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SOxWttHnKPadZAxPRMIacCyMhgrL_uUT/view?usp=sharing
        • Feb 17
  • New
    kyostal
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-16

Hi Music Tribe community, 
    Hope you are doing well ?

I've got a question about to connect in chain a Midas DL32 & Dl16 with a Behringer Wing and a Midas M32 ?
    I would like to share my whole patch ( DL32 + DL16 ) with my two desks ( Wing and M32 )
    Is it possible to do like the picture but using the AES50 port B of the DL16 to connect to the Wing ?

Thank you very much for your anser. 
    All the best

Sébastien 

read more...
    0 7
    • kyostal
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Sebastien, no, the DL16 AES50 B port is used for cascading stageboxes only. Do no use it to connect an M32 (it won't work the way you expect). If you are planning on using the Wing for FOH and the M32 for monitors and the M32, DL32 and DL16 will be located on stage, then the best way to do the interconnecting is the following ([A] and [B] are AES50 ports):

Wing FOH [A, B or C] <-> [A] M32 [B] <-> [A] DL32 [B] <-> [A] DL16

On the M32, Routing, AES50 A screen, assign the following (to transfer the inputs of the stageboxes to the Wing):
      Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 A1-8
      Outputs 9-16 -> AES50 A9-16
      Outputs 17-24 -> AES50 A17-24
      Outputs 25-32 -> AES50 A25-32
      Outputs 33-40 -> AES50 A33-40
      Outputs 41-48 -> AES50 A41-48
      • Feb 16
      • Behringer Wing with one Midas DL32 and one  MidasDL16
        kyostal Wow !! I didn't notice we can plug a Midas M32 and a Wing directely with the AES 50. Thank you very much for your answer.
        • Feb 17
      • Behringer Wing with one Midas DL32 and one  MidasDL16
        Paul_Vannatto You are welcome. One addition piece of info, if you plan on the FOH (Wing) to control the stagebox preamps (gain and phantom), you will need to relinquish preamp control on the M32 (in Setup, Preamps screen, enable the HA Remote AES50 Port A). This will transfer preamp control to the Wing.
        • Feb 17
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-02-16

FLOW 8 Firmware Update
    V11739 - (15 February 2021)

This major firmware update introduces new USB modes and routing options. It adds parametric EQ control and a snapshot scope to
    load parameters selectively.

Behringer is constantly adding new features and making enhancements so that you always experience
    the best possible performance. To make use of the latest features and improvements, we recommend
    installing the latest firmware, driver and app versions, always.

The firmware update 11739 for FLOW 8
    works with remote app FLOW MIX 1.2 and Windows ASIO/WDM driver version 5.0.

Firmware 11739 is introducing a new memory structure.
    * Snapshots stored on the hardware will be deleted!
    * Snapshots previously stored in the App’s SNAPSHOT LIBRARY can still be used.

This new FLOW Firmware version contains:
    • New USB mode
    1. Streaming/Recording (switches between 2x4 and 10x4 USB config)
    2. Up to 4 channel USB playback (USB OUT 1/2, USB OUT 3/4)

• New routing options
    1. USB 1/2 can be routed to CH 5/6
    2. USB 3/4 can be routed to CH 7/8
    3. USB 1/2 or USB 3/4 can be directly routed to MONITOR SEND 1/2 TRS output

• Option to stereo link MON1/2

• Option to change headphone output
    1. MAIN-Mix, pre- or postfader
    2. MON1/2-Mix, pre- or postfader

• Option to send FX to MAIN and/or MON buses

• Snapshot scope for selectively loading channel settings, effects, routing, MAIN- and MON-Mixes

• Fully parametric control of GAIN, FREQ and WIDTH in 4-band and 9-band EQs

• Option to transfer the current mixer state via MIDI Sysex

• Optional -10dbV output level for MAIN and MON outputs, e.g. when used with DSLR cameras

• Output delays 0…340 ms for time alignment in live sound or video production

All information in this document is subject to change without any further notice.

Update Process:
    To update FLOW 8 to the latest firmware please use the SimplyPUT update tool. SimplyPUT is available
    for Mac, Windows and Linux and can be downloaded from the FLOW 8 product page at behringer.com.
    WINDOWS:
    1. Please make sure you have installed the latest USB-Driver, which is available on the FLOW 8
    product page!
    2. Connect FLOW 8 to your computer using the USB Type B socket
    3. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet
    4. Launch Application
    SimplyPUT will detect FLOW 8 and search for the latest firmware available on the server
    SimplyPUT will always preselect the latest version available
    5. Select UPDATE
    SimplyPUT will start transferring the new firmware to the hardware using the installed USB-Driver
    After a successful update, FLOW 8 will indicate the new Firmware-Version and reboot automatically

MAC:
    1. Connect FLOW 8 to your computer using the USB Type B socket
    2. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet
    3. To launch application please use rightclick (CTRL+Click) and select Open.
    Select Open on the upcoming pop up again
    SimplyPUT will detect FLOW 8 and search for the latest firmware available on the server
    SimplyPUT will always preselect the latest version available
    4. Select OPEN
    This will enable the DFU-Mode on the hardware.
    Recognisable by a red display on the hardware showing the current installed Firmware-Version.
    5. Select UPDATE
    Simply Put will start flashing the new firmeware to the hardware
    After a successful update FLOW 8 will indicate the new Firmware-Version and reboot automatically

Android App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/flow-mix/id1473097916

iOS App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.musicgroup.xairbt&hl=en&gl=US

read more...
    0 773
  • New
    ecsaba
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-15

Hello all,

I have an issue with the M32 Live soundcard driver v.4.59 installation on a Windows 10 PC. All the firmwares are up to date, the operating system on the PC is up to date but I cannot manage to get the Klark Tehnik soundcard working. Please check the attached pictures about current status. 

read more...
    0 15
    • ecsaba
      Nigel67 Hi ecsaba. It looks as though you are trying to use the DN32-USB driver instead of the DN32-LIVE driver.
      • Feb 15
    • ecsaba
      ecsaba The driver that I used is for the DN32-LIVE.
      • Feb 20
    • ecsaba
      Paul_Vannatto Are you plugged into a USB 3.0 port (blue) on the computer? If so, change to a USB 2.0 port (black). If you are already using a USB 2.0, replace the USB cable (yes they do go bad).
      • Feb 20
  • New
    Goodmood
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-11

Hi all!

Does anybody recognize this problem?
    When I start up my X18 and X Air app, all the faders max out input on the meters, but there is no sound coming out or sent to the USB outputs into Logic.
    The same happens with the Mixing Station app.
    No matter how many times I load scenes/shows, this is what I get.
    And maybe 1 in 50 times it does work.
    I've tried the hard ten second resets, no difference...

Any help would be most welcome, getting pretty frustrated here...

TIA!
    Michiel.

read more...
    0 11
    • Goodmood
      Paul_Vannatto You probably have a routing issue. I would suggest you export one of your scenes (using X-Air Edit for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi - not the iPad app) to a file, save to the cloud, then provide a link in your next post. That way we can have a look at your setup and better advise.
      • Feb 11
    • Goodmood
      Paul_Vannatto Everything looks good - no routing issues, no DCA's, no FX inserts going nowhere. All I can suggest is change the USB cable (yes they do go bad).
      • Feb 11
      • X Air and X18 problem with meters/faders/sync
        Goodmood Hi Paul, it doesn’t matter if the USB cable is even plugged in, it happens anyway...
        • Feb 11
        Goodmood I use both X Air amd Mixing Station on my iPad, and it shows the maxed out meters with both, with no sound coming out.
        • Feb 11
        Paul_Vannatto Sorry I was looking at why nothing was going out the USB to the computer. The maxing out typically is the result of an internal feedback loop, usually caused by an FX feeding itself. But you don't have that (I checked). I would say you have a hardware issue and would recommend you submit a ticket by pressing on the Support (above).
        • Feb 11
        Goodmood Hi Paul, Yeah, I think so too, and I will do that. Thanks for your help!!
        • Feb 12
Go to page