Statistics

285,949 members
168,016 posts
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-25

Hi

My drummer has an electric VDrum kit. I don't have enough channels on the X-Air 18 to assign a channel for each pad, so I decided I could take the 4 cymbal outputs and connect them down to a single cable. Kinda like a Y cable, except instead of 2 into 1 it's 4 into 1. See drawing.

I haven't done any kind of buffering with resistors or other components - they are basically just soldered together.

I know I can plug my guitar into each of the 4 connectors in turn and it works fine. Not sure what will happen when I plug all 4 into the drum brain simultaneously.

Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 3
    • Soccerman58
      KevinMaxwell Not a good idea as a mater of fact it is a very bad idea. you can take a microphone and hard wired split it into multiple inputs on a mixer but you should never take the outputs on a device (or multiple devices) and mult them together you could blowup the outputs of the V-Drums because the output electronics would be fighting each other.

But most V-Drums allow you to internally mix inputs like all of the cymbals to one output on the V-Drum brain. Which one do you have?
      • Wed at 2:01 PM
  • New
    t1worship
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-19

Hello, i have a Beringer X32 compact digital mixer i don't know if i can get a soft copy of any one mix on same mixer to enable me do some adjustment on mine. please it very urgent currently needs it before Sunday to set up for service.

0 6
    • t1worship
      Paul_Vannatto What exactly are you referring to as "a soft copy"? That is not a typical term, X32 eco-system or otherwise.
      • May 19
      • Beringer X32 compact digital soft copy of work done needed
        t1worship actually referring to the settings been done and save, if i can get the file
        • May 19
    • t1worship
      Paul_Vannatto That is called saving and loading scenes. To save a scene (which saves most all console settings), press the scene button (on right side), make sure you are on the scene screen (not cues or snippets), select an unused slot, and press the second encoder (Save).

If you want to export that scene, select the desired scene, press the Utility button, insert a USB stick into the USB slot at the top of the console (to the left of the display), press the 6th encoder and save the scene to the USB stick. This will create a text file with extension of .scn
      • May 19
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-18

Could I say my wish for WING console??
    ^^
    Always I said, WING is already great console.
    One my wish is here.
    How about changeable INSERT POINT of Main and MTX like input channels ?
    I want to hear purely input signal of Output Main1(2,3,4),
    but at this time, it couldn't.
    Only can pickup from after INSERT1.

read more...
    0 8
    • pilgrims1
      PedroRodrigues Hi pilgrims1, thank you for your post, I will forward your feature request to the appropriated Team. Thank you
      • May 18
  • New
    ptnash1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-17

I opened this ticket - CAS-596034-Z4S7Q6 - CRM:0048100009283 regarding a malfunctioning display on one of ur Behringer X32 desk. I did receive a response initially. The suggested resetdid not work and I let support know. All subsequent emails have gone unanswered. This unit is about six months old. What other options are there to contact support - I have tried these email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] and no response from either. Please advise.

read more...
    0 12
    • ptnash1
      Nigel67 Hi ptnash1. I am very sorry for the delay in our Service Team getting back to you with a reply. I have found your ticket and have sent a message for the case to be picked up by them and to reply to you. Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
      • May 17
  • New
    tobes2208
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-25

Hi

Would be grafetul if anyone could assist me with this issue.

I have an X32 Compact and an S32 stage box. 

We are a 7 piece band, that uses iems and so we use up 1-12 mix buses, 13 and 14 are delay and reverb and 15/16 are for the main LR out. 

The X32 Compact goes to front of house with our engineer. The S32 is in a rack, which is on stage with the band.

When there are stageboxes already at venues, we usually take a left and right XLR from their stagebox and insert them into 15/16 outputs on the S32 to be able to be fed back to FOH.

However, there are occasions when we want to use the physical outputs on the X32 Compact to be our main LR out, (there is no feed from stage or there are patching issues within the venue) so we can patch to FOH directly next to it. The issue is there are only 8 physical outputs on the X32 Compact, with 7 and 8 patched as the main LR out. Is there a way to use the user routing to repatch the outputs so the physical 7 and 8 out on the back of the X32 Compact are being used as Main LR out and the s32 is using 1-14 as outputs?

Ive fiddled around in the routing menus, but tbh i feel like i keep confusing myself! 

read more...
    0 9
    • tobes2208
      Paul_Vannatto The Routing, XLR Out screen is where you assign the desired signals to the physical XLR-M jacks (outputs) on the back of the Compact. If you have already assigned the Main L/R to Outputs 15/16 on the Routing, Out 1-16 screen (in order to make up the blocks of 8 required for the AES50 assignments), then assign Out 9-12 to the Routing, XLR Out outputs 1-4, and Out 13-16 to outputs 5-8. That will send the Main LR outputs to both the Compact XLR outputs 7/8 and the S32 outputs 15/16.
      • Apr 25
    • tobes2208
      Deleted Member

Thank you for coming back to me, Paul. I tried out what i think you explained, but i was still unable to get the main L/R to come from Outputs 7 & 8 on the X32, without losing my mix buses that are coming from the S32.

• Apr 29
  • New
    AndrzejLisiecki
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-20

Hallo Kollegen, beim Kauf eines Fader Bank Boards einen Fehler gemacht. Ich hätte eine V1 und eine V2 kaufen sollen. Weiß jemand, ob ich V2 in den Mixer stecken kann und ob es funktioniert ...?

read more...
    0 9
    • AndrzejLisiecki
      Nigel67 Hi AndrzejLisiecki. I am told by the relevant department that the connectors and mounting holes are in different places and that the cut outs for the switches are different as well. As to whether the V1 pcbs are still available, unfortunately I have no visibility of this and you will need to contact the person/partner that the part was ordered from. You may need to get the original pcb repaired, the circuitry is exactly the same.
      • Apr 20
    • AndrzejLisiecki
      AndrzejLisiecki

Thank you so much to Nigel67! I have to ask in the store for V1 ... Thanks a lot!

• Apr 20
    • AndrzejLisiecki
      AndrzejLisiecki

Thank you so much to Nigel67! I have to ask in the store for V1 ... Thanks a lot!

• Apr 20
  • New
    dmahalko
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-13

I work for a tiny K-12 school district which does not have an auditorium but rather a "gymnatorium" where we have to share space for concerts with the athletic director. Nothing can be permanent, everything is on wheels.

We do not have room to upgrade a much more expensive mixer console desk with 64 permanently mounted input sliders.

Although the overlapped 1-16 / 17-32 / Aux / Effects input banks of the X32 are useful for our small venue, there are times where I would like to have more input or output banks exposed and accessible at the same time.

It seems workable to have a bank of 8 sliders, scribble strip, and signal level indicators of the X32 broken out into a "sidecar" that plugs into the X32 and provides access to the grouped/paged banks for input or output.

These could then be daisy-chained to the X32 to expose any number of the input or output channels, without taking up space with redundant controls such as for equalization.

For the input bank, the number of group selection buttons would be doubled to work with 8 sliders. The output bank controls could be positioned on the right side of the sidecar.

Dale Mahalko, Gilman, WI, USA

read more...
    0 3
    • dmahalko
      AnthonieHunter For a 10 year old mixer (which is still great by the way) it is unlikely that Behringer develops a new 'sidecar' product.
      The most flexible option for you could be to use a laptop as 'sidecar' running X32-Edit, where you can configure any combination of faders to expand your workspace.
      You might need some time to adapt to this way of virtual mixing, but for me it works perfect for 10 years already.
      It took me 1 or 2 gigs to adjust (first XR18 and now X32 Rack) and I never looked back.
      • Apr 15
    • dmahalko
      MikeJorden Have you looked at the X-Touch? It may provide exactly what you need. It can add 8 additional faders that replicate faders on the X32/M32. (It doesn't provide additional inputs - it only provide remote control of existing X32 channels). It connects via Ethernet (X-Control). Check out the release note on the X-Touch firmware updates - I believe this control is mentioned there. I used it in a show recently and it worked amazingly well.
      • Apr 15
  • New
    ValeriuM_Trufin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-04-04

I know that these routings have been discussed many times, but I can't seem to find the corect setup.

As in the picture we have a DL32 and S16 on stage, going to FOH where is the WING, and then from the WING we go to X32 for online stream.

In the WING I patched for outputs AES50-B the source AES50-A (not channels)

The Clock source for X32 is AES50 port A.

The problem is that whenever I adjust the EQ on the WING channel strip for a microfone,  the changes can be heard on the X32 source as well.

read more...
    0 19
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      KevinMaxwell I have never setup that exact configuration so I am guessing here. I would think that you want the DL32 and the S16 as your sources for the X32 not the outputs of the WING. I think this line in you explanation is the problem “In the WING I patched for outputs AES50-B the source AES50-A (not channels)”. I am not sure if the X32 allows you to access the stage boxes in this way.

As I said this is just a guess. I will be following this because I am interested in this. I have setup other configurations but not this one yet.
      • Apr 4
      • What is the correct configuration for Wing+X32+DL32+S16
        ValeriuM_Trufin What other setup you have that I could use to properly have the Wing control the Stagebox Gain and power, but leave X32 free for everything else.
        • Apr 4
        KevinMaxwell Where are these devices physically located in relation to each other. I assume that the DL32 and the S16 are on stage.
        • Apr 4
        ValeriuM_Trufin DL32/S16 on stage, X32 in a room above the stage, with direct acces for cable runs to the stage and FOH where the Wing is.
        We do have phone Stereo Jack and 4 Wireless Mic Recievers at FOH straight into the Wing local inputs, that we also rout to the X32. (Not all 48 stage inputs are used).
        So at the routing section in the Wing. I assigned the needed AES50 A signals + Wing Local I/O to AES50 B to get to X32.
        • Apr 4
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      Paul_Vannatto As Kevin mentioned, if you have the AES50 A signals (1-48) assigned to the AES50 B Outputs on the Wing, the only adjustments (on the Wing) that will affect the X32 will be the gains and phantom.
      • Apr 4
        ValeriuM_Trufin That is what I was expecting and wanted with this setup.
        But it is not what is happening.
        • Apr 4
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      Paul_Vannatto The only way channel strip processing (including EQ) can be assigned to an output is by using the Routing, User Signal screen, then assign that User Signal to the output.
      • Apr 4
        KevinMaxwell Paul you might know the answer to this. If you go from WING AES50a to DL32 AES50a then, DL32 AES50b to S16 AES50a and then from S16 AES50b to the X32 AES50a would that work? And also if setup this way wouldn’t the WING be the only mixer with preamp gain control. Looking at the X32 routing in X32edit I really think that this is the only way that this would work. But I am not sure exactly how you rout the wireless mics at the WING at FOH to the X32. BUT I always put my wireless receivers as close to the stage as I can. So I would just plug them into one of the stage boxes.
        • Apr 4
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      Paul_Vannatto Kevin, the answer to your first question is no. The B port of the S16 is designed for cascading stageboxes only. The DL32 can be connected as you suggested, not the S16.

The answer to your second question (preamp control), remember the 2 rules of preamp control:
      1. the console closest to the preamps (including those that are part of stageboxes) has control by default.
      2. only one console can have preamp control at any given point in time.

The X32 has a feature (in the Setup, preamps screen) that can relinquish control to another console (connected to either the A or B port). But the Wing does not have this feature (at this point). So with ValeriuM_Trufin's setup, the Wing would have preamp control, since it is connected to the stageboxes.
      • Apr 4
        KevinMaxwell So if the S16 AES50 B can only be used for jumping to another stage box. Can it then be set up as AES50a of the WING to S16 AES50a. Then AES50B of the S16 to AES50a of the DL32 and then AES50 B of the DL32 to AES50a on the X32?
        • Apr 4
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      Paul_Vannatto With that configuration, the X32 would only have access to the 32 inputs of the DL32.
      • Apr 4
        KevinMaxwell Does that mean that the original wiring in the OPs post would work the only change needed would be to not send the outputs of the WING to the X32? Looking at X32edit I don’t see how the X32 would access all of the channels from the WING and the DL32 and the S16 all on the X32 AES50a input routing. There is something obvious that I am missing.
        • Apr 4
  • New
    Ivesya
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-23

Hi,

I'm trying to update the Flow 8 firmware with the simplyPUT software in linux but I get this error:

DFU ERROR 4: Device Failed to Enter DFU Mode

My main system is UbuntuStudio 32bit (I'm in the process of migrating to 64bit), so I tried to update the firmware from a usb-live system (AVLinux MX-21 64bit).

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 21
    • Ivesya
      NicJonesMT Hi there.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.A member of the team will then be able to advise you further.
      • Mar 23
    • Ivesya
      Ivesya

Thanks!

• Mar 29
  • New
    bmegash12345
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-22

Please I am looking for Behringer x32 power supply to buy online. Any assistance? 

0 21
    • bmegash12345
      Nigel67 Please contact our spares team and they will be able to advise you pricing and availability. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks. You do not mention where you reside, but you could also contact your local Super Partner for you area.
      • Mar 21
Go to page