Statistics

269,292 members
148,980 posts
  • New
    timiniNH
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-09

Hello!

Newbie to the community and newbie to sound engineering. I've recently started volunteering (since June '21) as my church's sound and video support person. We have an X32 rack with S16 connected. I recently updated the firmware on the X32 rack without any issue. We are now running 4.06.

Since that update, randomly our S16 doesn't always connect to the X32 when we start it up. Rebooting the S16 magically fixes the issue. I thought it might be a good idea to update the firmware on the S16 in the hopes that there may be some kind of incompatibility between the new X32 firmware and the old S16 firmware. I believe the S16 is running version 1.1. Side note... It would be super nice if Behringer published release notes for the S16 firmware but I couldn't find them anywhere, nor were any included in the zip package with the update executable. Would be handy to know what the updates to the firmware are. Anyway...

I understand how to do the firmware update and have attempted to do so. The problem I'm having is with my Windows 10 computer recognizing the S16 as a compatible USB device. When I plug it in, I get this pop-up from Windows...

And the detail for that error is...

I did search the forum first before posting this discussion. I saw another discussion that suggested trying a computer with USB 2.0 ports. The computer I am on has one 2.0 port as well as 3.1 ports. I've tried them both and neither works.

I also saw a comment about disabling antivirus/firewall and I have yet to do that. I will, though I don't feel that is the issue here. But I am going to try to find another (older) computer that has only 2.0 ports and antivirus I can actually disable.

Anyone have any tips on getting my Windows 10 computer to recognize the S16 as a USB device so I can complete the firmware update? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Tim
    South Church in Portsmouth, New Hampshire US

read more...
    0 64
    • timiniNH
      GaryHiggins Try running the program as administrator, use the 2.0 port for sure.
      • Jan 9
    • timiniNH
      KevinMaxwell As Gary said run as administrator. I thought I was running as administrator but on some things I found that I had to right clicking on the file and select “Run as Administrator” for it to work.
      • Jan 9
    • timiniNH
      Nigel67 Hi TiminiNH. Please refer to these instructions for upgrading an S16 with Windows 10 in our KB articles.
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=672923a1-5a77-eb11-a812-000d3ac8b4cc&brand=Behringer
      Many thanks
      • Jan 9
      • assistance with S16 firmware update
        timiniNH Here is the screen shot - it didn't like my png file. Converted to jpg...
        • Jan 10
    • timiniNH
      GaryHiggins Don't have a clue as to what happened to my earlier posts, 2 are totally gone! Anyway here is the solution:

How to update the S16/DL16 in Win 11 (assume also for Win10) To be clear I am on a 64bit version of Win 11.
      Disregard anything you have previously read (my experience is NOTHING worked as it was told-but maybe it's just me)

1) Attach a USB cable between your S16 and PC. I used a USB 2.0 port (I did not try using any newer port like 3.0. I may now just to double check)
      2) Once the 2 are connected, turn on the S16 while holding the config button in. This will give you a readout on the S16 screen for the current firmware version.
      You will NOT see the firmware version if you do not have a USB cable plugged into the S/DL16.

**Leave that screen up as is, the S16 remains ON with the current firmware version number showing**

This is the key. In the "official" version they refer to "update mode" without saying what that is or implying what it is without making it clear, IMO anyway. This is update mode.

3) Make sure the downloaded firmware file is fully extracted on your PC.
      4) In the PC folder where the file was extracted, right click on the file and select "run as administrator"
      5} The file will execute and complete, both the program and the S16 screen can be seen updating until done.
      6) On my S16's they appeared to turn off and back on without my intervention. If not, power cycle. To double ckeck turn on the S16 and hold down the config button again. Remember you won't see the firmware version number without a USB cable connected. You should see the firmware number you just installed.

EDIT: I tried again this time with a 3.0 USB port, it worked perfectly!

You may have the smartscreen come up and say the program won't execute or ask IF you are sure you want to run it. It gives you the option to 'run anyway" which you should do. Or just say yes to the prompts.

(I was most surprised to find I was a few versions behind when I thought I was current! I was at 2.3)
      • Jan 11
    • timiniNH
      Nigel67 Hi timiniNH. There are usually Firmware Release Documents for the S16. I am unsure why there aren't any for the latest release. If you go to the Downloads page, select S16 under Product and tick the 'Show All Versions', you will see all the Release Notes. With regards to the issue you are having at present, I have checked and the update procedure has always been the same. The Device will go into update mode and stay in update mode as soon as the CONFIG Button is pressed and 5V is present on the USB connector during power on. If it is failing, which appears to be the case here, then one of the two necessities for update are missing. To test the Config button in normal operation, press the button and turn the encoder. You will then see the Config options LED moving up and down the options menu. There isn't any real way to be able to test that there is 5V coming from the computer apart from getting hold of another computer and trying that. Yes, please try another USB cable and all the other ports on the computer. Are you using a USB hub? If so, plug directly between the computer and unit as hubs have been known to cause issues in the past, and the USB port must be a USB2 compatible port. Try setting the power settings on the computer to high performance and see if that makes a difference. Another way to see if the S16 is being recognised by the computer or not, is to go into the update mode and then check Bluetooth and other devices on the computer. The S16 should show up under the Other Devices heading if it is recognised. Hope this helps
      • Jan 12
  • New
    Alexreis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-22

Olá, Boa noite!

Tenho uma XR12 e ao ligar percebi que a mesma encontra-se com a luz de Rede amarela ligada direto e com isso eu não consigo conexão com o aplicatico no IPad ou Notbook, Parecendo que a mesma está travada, será algum problema na placa? aonde consigo fazer a compra da placa para troca?

No aguardo..

Att, Alexreis

Hello Goodnight!

I have an XR12 and when I turn it on I noticed that it is with the yellow Network 
    light turned on directly and with that I can't connect to the app on the iPad or Notbook.
    where can I buy the exchange card? Awaiting .. Att, Alexreis
    read more...
    0 6
    • Alexreis
      Paul_Vannatto If the switch is set on Ethernet (far left), you need to connect an external router in order to connect your tablet and notebook.
      • December 22, 2021
  • New
    andreaconfa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-22

Hi all.

I'm setting up my X32 to use it in a sport palace/gym space where i have this speaker configuration:

2 (1xL and 1xR) speakers full range that i want to use mainlyfor the music but also to speaked part
    4 speakers mounted on top of the stalls the i want principally use for the speaked output but also some music.

The speakers are so arranged as the environment is very reverberant and therefore in order to have a good reception of the spoken part, speakers installed close to people are necessary but they are not able to reproduce the music well enough, which therefore wants to be reproduced. big main speakers.

So what i need is that the "Music Speaker" to output some of the speaked part and also the stalls speaker to output some part of the music mainly played on the "music Speaker"

This speaker configuration is done like this because the environment

From the begenning i setted up my main L/R output to the "Music Speaker" and a Mixbus 1and2 to the stalls speaker.

With this configuration i'm able to send the music to the stalls speaker and adjust it as i want indipendently of the main ouput but i can't adjust how much "microphone" i want to output to the music speaker.

How can i setup a configuration as described in whic i can manually define how much of every input goes the the outputs?

An idea was to us MixBus1and2 for the music speakers and MixBus 3and4 for the stallsspeaker but i don't known if is the correct setting.

EXAMPLE:

Input 1: Microphone

Input 2: Music

Outputs have to be:

Big Speaker: Music 80%, Microphone 20%

Stalls Speakers: Microphone 80%, Music 20%

Sorry for my very bad english and thanks

read more...
    0 16
    • andreaconfa
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the channel sends to mixbus 1/2 are pre fader. Then you will have independent control of the channel signals for both the Main LR and Mixbus 1/2
      • December 22, 2021
    • andreaconfa
      KevinMaxwell The way I would do this that I think makes it easier to operate and give you more flexibility is as follows. Use a Mix Bus for your microphones (post fader) and use another Mix Bus for your music (post fader) you can use 2 for music if you want. Then use a Matrix send for your Big Speakers and use another Matrix send or 2 for your Stall speakers. Then send the different Mix Bus sends to the Matrix that is feeding the Big Speakers at the percentages that you want and you can do the same thing with the Mix Bus sends to the Matrix that is feeding the Stall speakers.

Think of the Matrix as a mixer in a mixer that you can send the Mix Bus sends to in the percentages that you want. This may at first seem more complicated than it really is but if gives you the flexibility to make it sound the way you want with the ability to add more inputs to the Mix Bus sends and then to the matrix outputs as needed.

I would also suggest that you use the delay capabilities of the Matrix outputs and delay the Matrix that is feeding the Stall speakers. This is called time aligning the speakers. If the sound to the Big speakers and the Stall speakers are coming out at the exact same time it will cause more of an echo in the room. The sound from Big speakers takes time to (acoustically in the air) reach the stall speakers so if you delay the sound feeding the Stall speakers so that it matches the time it takes for the sound of the Big speakers to reach where the Stall speakers are it will sound a lot better. In the X32 the delay settings are in the routing menu and are ties into the XLR outputs that you will have the Matrix outs assigned to. The delay settings are displayed in the X32 as Feet, Meters and milliseconds. Measure the distance from the Big Speakers to the Stall speakers and set the delay time for the feed to the stall speakers to that distance. This will get you close to the right delay needed.

Once you have this setup right you just have to bring up the inputs and they will be going to the Matrixes in the way that you want them to. And if you want more things going to the different speakers you can use more Mix Bus sends for different things and route them to the matrix in the percentages that you want.
      • December 22, 2021
    • andreaconfa
      andreaconfa I setted up the mixer with four (L and R) mix busses. two for the big speaker and two for the stalls speaker. with this setup i can route everything i want and decide the levels of the mix busses.
      With this setup i can route the mix busses directly to the output. Why i also need to use matrix?

Is possible to use la main LR fader to tune the volume of all my 4 mix-busses? this will be the perfect setup i think, because now pratically my LR master fader doesn't do nothing
      • December 23, 2021
      • Need Help to setup multispeaker output
        KevinMaxwell As you learn more you will see the advantages of the method I suggested. One of the reasons to do it that way that I didn’t mention was on purpose because I didn’t want to overwhelm you all at once. It is related to system tuning.

I assume since the Big speakers and the Stall speakers are different so you will want to EQ them differently to get them to sound the way you would like. And the best way to do that is to tune them to sound as natural as you can using the EQ in the Matrix, you can also insert a graphic EQ from the Effects section into the Matrix to do that. If you use a Graphic EQ pick the TruEQ version. If you do that then the music will sound nice thru them. And then in the Mix Bus that you feed the mic or mics to will want to EQ that more aggressively to give you the best gain before feedback.

Another thing – whichever way you do this you will not be using the L/R masters so the best way to have a master over the whole system is to use a DCA. I use DCA8 as my master. Assign the Mix Bus(es) that you use to DCA8 and I like to name it MASTER and use RED as the color for DCA8 scribble strip.

I hope this helps you to understand this better.
        • December 23, 2021
    • andreaconfa
      Paul_Vannatto whamil, this has nothing to do with the original poster's topic. Please start your own discussion (above) and delete these posts you made. Starting a new discussion will allow you to attach files such as zip files.
      • December 27, 2021
      • Need Help to setup multispeaker output
        whamil I'm sorry, I thought it did, though I couldn't attach the relevant scenes, which give flexible control to individual hardware outputs, as I thought kevinmaxwell is writing about with the matrix. I can provide these ready-to-go scenes, if there is interest.
        • December 27, 2021
  • New
    Chucksano
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-14

what should the settings be in the x air edit app to get it to SEE the mixer?   

0 14
    • Chucksano
      Nigel67 Hi Chucksano. If you have lost your connection, then you will need to go back into the Access Point and set your unit up again. I have put a link to a video below showing how to do this. If you are still unable to connect, then I would suggest trying a factory reset on the unit. Unfortunately any scene you have made in the unit will be lost when doing this. To make the factory reset, locate the hole in the front panel by the access point logo. You will need something pointed to push through the hole to activate a switch. With the unit powered, push the switch in and hold it in for 12 seconds. You will feel a click when the switch activates. When you release the switch, the unit will factory reset and you will need to follow the video to set it up again. If you are still unable to set up the unit. Then I would advise contacting the Tech Team for further support. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=_CpcZbRrGvk&list=RD58IfULV5V6E&index=3
      • December 14, 2021
    • Chucksano
      Chucksano

if I did a hard reset on the mixer, can I later reload a scene I have saved on my PC or a thumbdrive?

• December 16, 2021
    • Chucksano
      Chucksano

I have done a full reset of my external router, it's not that. I have a support ticket going... no response in over 48 hrs now from behringer support. I am ready to use this [email protected] thing as an anchor for a small small boat.

• December 16, 2021
  • New
    cowboys4033
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-03

Greetings - I'm suddenly having an issue pulling up and / or saving shows to my XR18. I typically adjust settings and all after every show / venue, but now, when I try to pull up a saved show, it's the same settings across the board. Ideas on what I may be doing wrong? I connect the mixer to an external router, fyi. I attached a pic for reference. Thank you in advance! 

read more...
    0 16
    • cowboys4033
      cowboys4033 Does it have anything to do with it showing "Offline Shows"? If so, how do I make it "Online"?
      • December 3, 2021
  • New
    julio80c
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-12

Preciso comprar essa peça original, Tela Display Behringer X32 Full. A minha danificou. Onde compro?
    Pode ser nova ou usada, mas tem que ser original.

0 13
    • julio80c
      Dale_M Sorry to hear this, please go to the Support tab above and select a Spares Parts ticket to submit to us to assist you.
      • November 12, 2021
  • New
    cammyjams
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

Hi guys, I'm using the X32 Editor on my PC. I have initialized the console in order to start a new scene template: setup/initialaize/mixer/ok.

Channels 23-24 are missing. I've closed the editor, restarted, re initialized and they are still not there. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

WING is greatest console.

And developer your are great too.

Best listener from your customers.

Thanks a lot.

My own remain wish is here.

1. DCA SPILL function like M32 X32 latest firmware.

2. SHOW CONTROL block enable.

3. PC edit control program like X32-edit with PLUGIN VIEW page. attached image is my wish.

4. More assignable parameters, example selected channel's parameters.

5. Right Uper control section make could control like custom control block for more selected channel's parameters.

read more...
    1 29
    • pilgrims1
      Paul_Vannatto The show control has not yet been developed for the Wing. Currently only the snapshots and presets loading and saving are available.
      • November 3, 2021
  • New
    subiraudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-30

Hello. I live in Uruguay and the local official representative don' have the spare part for a power supply for a Behringer Xenix UFX1604 mixer/USB interface (serial number: S1400053AB3). I openned a ticket here in Music Tribe but won't get an answer.

Can anybody tell me where could I get the spare part, in some other place (with international shipping, no matter the cost)?

read more...
    0 15
    • subiraudio
      subiraudio I think this guy is the guilty, since the part is covered in the bottom side with an plastic acetate, and it has like a black smoked spot, as if something burned there, right in the place where this chip is set.
      • October 30, 2021
    • subiraudio
      Dale_M Hi there we do not advise customers probe the power supply as their is a danger of electrocution, can you please advise your ticket number so I can check for you?
      • October 31, 2021
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-10-28

The console 1.12 firmware update offers some functional improvements, new effects, and new features. NOTE: the changes in this firmware are supported with WING CoPilot mobile app version 1.10.

It is sensible to periodically check for new firmware updates. New features and bug fixes will be released regularly. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit the WING product page on behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your WING.

This new WING Firmware version contains:

New Processing/Effects

• all aux channels now using input channel EQ (6 Bd, models)
    • all aux channels feature new combo dynamics (expander/leveler)
    • new channel dynamics plugin PIA2250
    • new channel dynamics plugin LTA100 tube leveler
    • MIX control added to WARMTH plugin
    • new FX selection sub-page featuring all the channel effects
    • 5 new FX plugin Channel Strips: Even, Soul, Vintage, Bus, Mastering

New Features

• USB Mouse control allows full remote operation of the WING main screen
    • Setup/General/Preference for switching touch control off, while USB mouse is in use*
    • Channel delay (input channels, post-processing) increased to 500ms/150mtrs for AV applications
    • Increased drive range for warmth plugin
    • Improved indication of pre/post send taps
    • Channel pan/width now post tap (8) to make send tap selection more consistent
    • Additional info message when using post-fader send tap
    • Improved channel strip overview (including fader position/level

More Features

• Source edit auto select improved when source solo is active
    • Touch panel test with logfile
    • Activate source solo with SOLO button in source solo channel
    • Allow screenshots of popover pages (CLR_SOLO closes page on release)
    • Routing pages swapped to improve workflow for new users
    • Configurable main link (off, 1/2, 1-3, 1-4)
    • Autocorrect file/directory names that could lead to problems with some operating systems
    • Help when setting DCA names (to control monitor levels)
    • Bus/Main/Matrix EQ with speaker processor crossover filter types on lo/hi band
    • Monitor source mix (add source signal to solo signal)
    • EQ band solo trim preference for monitoring
    • StageConnect indicator now also showing bus error state (off/green/red)
    • Support for alternative DAC for aux outputs added

Bug Fixes

• DCA solo fixed for post panorama
    • Fixed VPH icon not updated correctly
    • Cleanup source solo routing entries on the routing page
    • Fixed mute override when in sends on fader mode
    • Fixed pitch correction fx issue, note on/off switches now correctly stored
    • Fixed static noise on mon B issue
    • Update of the upper/lower aux eq band icons

*) Note: Touch Control Lock can always be disengaged with press + hold on both buttons on the right side of the display, i.e. CLR SOLO and the black button if you need to get control back. For engaging the Touch Control Lock independent of the mouse preference, please press + hold CLR SOLO, SETUP, and the black button until the little cross icon in the top middle section is displayed.

Firmware Update from USB Stick:

1. Download any future FW updates from behringer.com and store them on a FAT formatted USB stick.
    2. Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING.
    3. Open the SETUP/GENERAL page and tap on the UPDATE icon on the left of the screen.
    4. A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the FW update is located.
    5. Select the correct FW update file and tap on UPDATE.
    6. After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console.
    7. The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
    8. Verify the update was successful by comparing the firmware version on the left of the SETUP/ GENERAL screen.

Alternative Update Process without USB Stick:

1. If you don’t have a USB stick at hand, connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
    2. Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GENERAL Edit page in order to enable WING OS.
    3. A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or an external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
    4. Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
    5. After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your computer.
    6. WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in the OS drive. However, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder.

read more...
    0 467
Go to page