Statistics

260,510 members
139,103 posts
  • New
    Cirrus747
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Here is a look at the iPhone mount for the Wing mixer. We may start making them if anyone is interested 858 229 0060 

0 100
    • Cirrus747
      Cirrus747 We I’ll also make them for iPads and also a version that will mount and uncounted easy to pack the Wing up.
      • Jan 15
    • Cirrus747
      Paul_Vannatto How does the mount attach to the Wing?
      • Jan 15
      • We made some iPhone ipad mounts for the Wing mixer
        PatrickGMaillot Probably using the screws available underneath the desk. Another way is to print a support that 'snaps/holds' to the thickness of the desk so you can easily remove it if your desk is in a flightcase. 3D printer!
        • ·
        • Jan 16
        Paul_Vannatto Yes my thoughts exactly (3D printed design that snaps on the side)
        • Jan 16
        PatrickGMaillot gave me an idea... just printed this afternoon... 30mn job.
        • ·
        • Jan 16
    • Cirrus747
      Cirrus747 No it’s just powder coated aluminum. Attaches under side with original screws. Will also make a quick disconnect so you can pack the wing back up with it not attached
      • Jan 16
  • New
    austinluce16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi all,

About to purchase an X32 for a venue.

The distance from where the X32 will be located to where the stage box will be located is near the upper limits of 300ft. 

I am wondering if I can install something like this photo below for the AES ports:

And then I would use something like this:

Kinda looking for help on if this is feasible to do for the stage box since the converter boxes are supposed to just convert 1:1 from Ethernet signal to fiber that it shouldn't change the packets but I'm not sure and didn't know if there was anyone out there who has done this sort of thing?

thanks for the help!

read more...
    0 88
    • austinluce16
      RexBeckett I'm afraid that this will not work. AES50 does not conform to Ethernet standards so cannot be passed through standard Ethernet converters. Klark Teknik offer some products that will convert or extend AES50. The DN9610 Repeater/Extender may be sufficient for your application.
      • Jan 12
    • austinluce16
      DavidKnighton Hello Austin,
      You can not use generic IP equipment with AES50. The appropriate device to transmit AES50 over fiber is a pair of Klark Teknik DN9620 or a pair of Klark Teknik DN9680.
      • Jan 12
    • austinluce16
      MtnSoundandStage

Ha, I just today tried to connect with the exact same gear shown and it didn’t work. I’m now looking for what I need. Wish I saw this before I bought.

• Jun 30
  • New
    PRiZM
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-18

Does anyone know where to get the replacement touchscreens. I need one it got smashed. Total Disaster I know but I need to buy the replacement.. ? thanks.. 

0 44
    • PRiZM
      RexBeckett Hi Jay, I think your best option is to open a Care ticket for this.

At the top of this page, click Support then scroll down and select Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • December 18, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-12-17

On stage for a small club gig or in a recording setup, the best place will often be right at your microphone stand. It avoids unnecessary cable clutter and keeps the control surface of your FLOW mixer permanently accessible.

List Price: $19

#Behringer #FLOWCLAMP #Mixers #Accessories
    read more...
    0 43
  • New
    x32paulwarren
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

I tried updating to the latest firmware and the X32 stopped being able to boot up.  So, per Behringer's customer service email, I put the firmware on a FAT32 formatted USB, held down the USB button while powering up, and then inserted the USB when prompted by the screen.  But it still does absolutely nothing and fails as you can see by the screen shot here.  Is there a way I can get an older version of the firmware to try to boot it with?  Behringer customer service may be working with a skeleton crew because it seems communication is very slow right now and I need to get this working so I can work.  Any thoughts?  Thank you!!

read more...
    1 317
    • x32paulwarren
      GaryHiggins 2 things, try a different usb drive, a small one if you have any, like 4 or 8 gig. Sometimes it is that simple, a different usb drive, OR download the file again, perhaps it got corrupted. Make sure if doing it by turning on the desk holding the usb button, that the correct file is in the root directory and no other firmware files. If doing it by the setup screen and with newer firmware, you can select WHICH firmware file without regard for multiple files in the root directory. I have a lot of older firmware files if you need one as do others here.
      • December 14, 2020
      • Behringer X32 rack won't boot after firmware update
        GaryHiggins Yes that is possible, so again 2 things, try an earlier Edit version. BUT I could be wrong, seems there were issues with firmware 4.01, so try 4.02. Now you are up and running, loading it from the setup page is easy! I would try 4.02 first, be brave :-)Or try 4.04 again using the setup page.
        • December 15, 2020
    • x32paulwarren
      KeithBrown I have had trouble in the past upgrading the firmware by booting with the usb stick inserted. It seems to work much better to use the upgrade from the setup page as Gary indicated.
      • December 15, 2020
    • x32paulwarren
      x32paulwarren Thank you all! I will try those older firmware versions. Unfortunately, I cannot get to the setup page to update. The mixer will not go beyond the screen you see above. I'll see what happens with these other versions.
      • December 15, 2020
      • Behringer X32 rack won't boot after firmware update
        GaryHiggins You may have to try a few ways. I remember IIRC, with the drive installed, hold down the access button and turn on the mixer, with that method make sure the file you want loaded is the only firmware file in the root directory. I don't remember ever doing it and waiting to put in the drive but that could be. You will get it eventually. I was once in firmware hell from using the x-live firmware by mistake for my X32 and thought I bricked it. I was able to recover by being persistent. In the future once up and running, use the setup page, it works well.
        • December 15, 2020
  • New
    bruceamoore2020
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-14

I just downloaded the X32 Edit 4.2 for my Macbook Pro (running OSX 10.15.7 - Catalina) and got a warning that this software cannot be opened, as Apple cannot check it for malicious software.  Has anyone else run into this, and how did you solve?  Thank you for any advice. 

read more...
    0 241
    • bruceamoore2020
      DaveMorrison Just show it in the finder and open it. Allow it to run and you shouldn't haven't any problems. It runs fine on Catalina.
      • December 13, 2020
    • bruceamoore2020
      john0121 If you go to system preferences>security you can allow it to run from there. This only needs to be done once.
      • December 14, 2020
    • bruceamoore2020
      bruceamoore2020 Thank you Dave and John. I did the security override in system preferences and got it to open. That was the key. Now to learn how this darn thing routes the signal! (it is much smarter than I am, at this point!) Thank you again!
      • December 14, 2020
  • New
    jyarbro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-07

My main mix slider potentiometer was crushed.  What is the brand/part to replace?  Part#15430103 on side of component.

thanks!

0 44
    • jyarbro
      KyleJohnson Hi Joe, Kyle here with Music Tribe. you can order parts directly from us. Please click on support at the top of the page, then scroll down and submit a Spare Parts ticket.
      • December 7, 2020
      • Q1202 main mix slider part
        jyarbro Thx Kyle! I put in a service ticket but haven’t heard back.... does it take long to get parts?
        • December 9, 2020
      • Q1202 main mix slider part
        KyleJohnson I'll let the parts team know you're still waiting to hear back. Thanks for the update.
        • December 9, 2020
  • New
    mletalien
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

Hello,

I apologize for the potentially ignorant question, but here goes: for live shows, we run the bass and kick through the sub via Aux 6 output exclusively. That aux output is controlled by the M/C channel (not sure if I am wording this correctly, hopefully my description makes sense). Anyway, I want to know if there is a way to be able to send (in my case) the bass and kick through the sub via aux 6/M/C channel AND the mains LR but be able to control the output seperately (ie if I increase output for the signal to the sub, it won't affect the amount going through the mains). Thanks in advance! 

read more...
    0 941
    • mletalien
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, yes you can control the levels of the channel to the Main LR and M/C separately. The screen you are showing provides the means how to do it. The encoder 1 adjusts the level to the Main LR and encoder 2 adjust the level to the M/C.
      • November 25, 2020
      • Separating output of center M/C channel and main LR in the X32 Compact
        mletalien Hi Paul, hope all is well and thanks for reaching out with the comment, appreciated. A question (or two): Isn't encoder one just for panning L and R? Also, it seems to me that when controlling the fader through encoder 6, if you have the 'Sub' selected (encoder 2), that will affect the level of the sub. I can see ( I believe that you can accomplish what is necessary through this panel, but it seems like I am probably not seperating the two (mains vs M/C in the most effective manner....if that makes any sense. Thanks for your help!
        • November 25, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Oops. Encoder 2 adjust the send to the M/C (sub) and encoder 6 adjusts the send to LR. I had to go to my X32 Rack and have a look at the display. Typically I do everything (including troubleshooting here) using X32-Edit (which sometimes is different). Those 2 adjustments are independent.

There is a better and easier way to adjust channel sends to the mono (M/C) bus and that is by using the Sends On Fader (SOF). If I remember correctly SOF is available on the full X32 (and Compact and Producer, not on the Rack). Select the Mono master fader (4th layer on right bank of faders), then press the SOF (in between fader banks). The left bank of faders will now adjust the sends to that bus. Using X32-Edit, simply select the Mono bus and the channel faders become the sends to that bus.

If you want to have the Main LR fader to control the Mono (M/C) master fader, select the "M/C depends on Main LR" on Setup, config screen.

:Edit: Again I goofed. The two levels are independent. But the channel send tap to the mono (M/C) is post fader (and can't be changed). If you require prefader tap, you will need to use one of the other mixbuses.
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
        mletalien Thanks Paul, I appreciate it!!
        • November 25, 2020
  • New
    Hiortintexas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

How would you set up the compression on this channel for speaking voice that sometimes get pretty loud?

i dont really understand how this one work (picture)

0 109
    • Hiortintexas
      DaveMorrison The two basic controls you should focus on are Threshold and Ratio. How you set them depends on what you're doing. You could maybe set the Threshold at -20 with a ratio of 2 for some gentle compression during the louder moments. The threshold controls the level where the compressor starts to work. The graph will give you an idea how it works. If you want the clamp down just the loudest section, you could run it more like a limiter. Try the threshold at -10 and the ration at 6 (or more). Be aware that compression in floor monitors can increase the risk of feedback ( it's less likely when your just limiting with the threshold set to -10 or -5). Use the Gain control to "make up" the gain you lose when the compressor is on (ie. make them the same when it "Active" and then bypassed)
      • November 22, 2020
    • Hiortintexas
      KevinMaxwell A loud speaking voice isn’t really a problem at all unless they are distorting the input. If someone is speaking loud you can just turn down the channel or turn down the trim.

There were some events that I have done where I always had a finger on the channel (fader) of the persons speaking. Actually that was most events because they were high enough profile that it had to be perfect or as close to perfect as is humanly possible. And I usually had a compressor on that vocal subgroup to even out the vocal mics and it was a DBX160 usually set to a 3:1 compression ratio. I would strongly suggest that on the X32 in the channel compressor under the gain envelope (on the page that you included) that you select “Auto Time”. This automatically sets the attack, release and hold times to settings that work better for most things that you want to compress, unless you are looking for some other compression behavior then what I consider normal.

The challenge is if you have a person that is speaking inconsistently. If they go from a whisper to shouting that can be challenging. That style of speaking is usually what the fiery preacher might do and the challenge there is they really want to hear themselves get REALLY LOUD. One way to deal with that if the preacher isn’t a pain about it is to use the channel compressor at about 4:1 and set the threshold to where it is working a little bit all of the time. And set the knee to 5, this makes the point at which the compressor is actually triggering to be smoother and not too sudden.

The use a second compressor to be closer to limiting that is set to keep the really loud parts under control. You can do that by either inserting another compressor on that channel or send that channel to a Mix Bus (and route that Mix Bus to the L/R and make sure the channel isn’t going directly to the L/R) and use the Mix Bus compressor to a more aggressive compression ratio like 10:1 and set the threshold on that to only trigger when the preacher gets really loud. I actually never use the L/R as my output to the house speakers I always use a Matrix outputs. Usually because I have more speakers in the system then just Left and Right. But even if I am using just Left and Right speakers I still use the Matrix outs.
      • November 23, 2020
      • X32Edit - configure compression on a channel with loud speaking voice
        Hiortintexas You have me a great pointer. My biggest problem is the level out to the streaming and as I have that on its own bus, I can then put a more aggressive compression on that one as you suggest.
        • November 27, 2020
        Hiortintexas You mention using matrix outs even just for L/R what is the reading for that ?
        • November 27, 2020
        KevinMaxwell One of the reasons I do that is using the matrix out gives the user the ability to trim the overall output without having to run the L/R so low on the fader that the tiniest movement is too drastic a change, up or down. I did this in a church system that was using an X32 for their youth room so they have more control. They were able to run the inputs hot enough and also the L/R master at around the nominal level and bring the Matrix down so as to not be too loud at the speakers.

For systems I am running I only use the L/R bus as my playback bus and that goes to the Matrix to feed the speaker system. I route my channels to the Mix Bus sends using them as variable sub groups. I set up the system (EQ and processing) for linearity, what goes in is what comes out. And I then EQ the variable groups like the vocals for best gain before feedback. And I can do group processing if needed for the different Mix Bus sends that then go to the Matrix sends. This way you aren’t overly EQing a system for feedback on a vocal mic. Your playback and tightly mic-ed or direct input instruments sound more natural.

I almost always am using more than just L/R even if it is only an additional front fill speaker or speakers. And the Matrix gives me the ability to feed only what I want in each speaker (Matrix) send. For example if the stage level of the instruments are loud enough I would usually not have much of them in the front fill speakers. And if I am using delay speakers for a musical I might put more of the pit band in the delay Matrix.
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    Hiortintexas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

I want to connect a laptop to play music over the system.

How do I route these AUX inputs as input for Channel 1 so we can control the volume out to the FOH ?

(The reason I want it to channel 1 is so the sound person can have it on the fist page on the iPad)

read more...
    0 129
    • Hiortintexas
      Paul_Vannatto Assign Aux 5 to channel 1 strip source and Aux 6 to channel 2 strip source. Of course if you change to Mixing Station, you won't have to do this.
      • November 22, 2020
      • X32 - Routing AUX in (RCA connections to Channel Strip)
        Hiortintexas Mixing Station ?
        • November 22, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Mixing Station is a 3rd party app that have been used by many of us since 2013 on our android tablet. About a year ago, the developer ported it to the iPad/iPhone (as well as PC and Mac). It is far superior in functionality and features from the official app.
        • November 23, 2020
    • Hiortintexas
      -mjk- Also, note that anything plugged into the 6.5mm TRS jack will break the connection to the RCA I/O jacks. I was hoping I could plug 2 source/destination devices into channels 5 and 6, but it's either/or.
      • November 22, 2020
        Hiortintexas I suspected that, so if 5-6 RCA is used , 5-6 TRS can not be used and vice versa.
        • ·
        • November 22, 2020
        -mjk- Right. I don't know if it helps, but, if you leave the RCA plugs in the jacks, they get cut off by the 6.5mm TRS switching jack as soon as you insert a cable. You don't have to actually remove them. But in order to get the RCA jacks to activate, you do have to remove the TRS plugs.
        • November 23, 2020
Go to page