Statistics

285,602 members
167,586 posts
  • New
    ToddBuckner
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-11

Midas Pro1 straight out of box new wont boot past the midas screen ( see photo )

anbody got any ideas ?

0 21
    • ToddBuckner
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Could you please submit a Technical support ticket through the Support portal?
      • May 11
    • ToddBuckner
      KevinMaxwell First thought was did you immediately call the company that you bought it from and what did they say? I would assume that maybe something worked its way loose in shipping or do they all come that way and do you need to hook up a computer to it and load the latest firmware?
      • May 12
    • ToddBuckner
      MdeV Maybe a stupid question, but the screen on the picture is not the boot screen, but the lock screen (see the grey unlock in the down left corner) Did you try to unlock it?
      • May 12
      • Midas Pro1 boot issue
        KevinMaxwell Would the console stay in Lock mode even after it is turned off (for shipping) and turned on again?
        • May 12
  • New
    VladimEAR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-08

Hello,

may I suggest to include a function for MONO master to "link fader" to the LR master? This could allow to set the level of Mono independently but still controlled by LR. This could behave the same way as M/C follows LR on M32, when you can change the ratio M/C vs. LR.

Currently there is only "Link" function which actually "hard link" LR+Mono together and they act as one fader with ratio 1:1.

Thank you in advance for considering this idea.

Kind regards

Vladi

read more...
    0 13
    • VladimEAR
      Dale_M Many thanks I will pass your suggestion over to the Design team.
      • Apr 8
      • Suggestion for PRO series update
        BerndVanPraet Are you going to give the Pro Series still an update then ?
        • Apr 27
  • New
    smor777
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-18

Hi, 

Recently I am doing a production where I am needing to use all 16 physical XLR outs between the DL16 and the M32R.... But for some reason, the M32R can only handle 8 outputs? I know the M32 can handle all 16... but for some reason the M32R cannot? This is the only real difference I can find between the two and am not sure why this is a thing. Let me know!

read more...
    0 14
    • smor777
      Paul_Vannatto The XLR screen is to assign outputs to the physical XLR-M jacks on the back of the console. That is why the M32 shows 16 outputs and the M32R shows only 8. The DL16 is connected to the console via AES50 (A or B). Therefore to assign the outputs for the DL16, you have to go to the AES50 (AES A or AES B) screen.
      • Mar 18
  • New
    jjvirvi2022
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-18
    We acquired a MIDAS HD96-24-CC-TP with the DANTE and MADI card. What bridge do you recommend us to connect digitally the console with 2 Galaxy 816 with AVB Milan ? 

read more...
    0 31
    • jjvirvi2022
      Nigel67 Hi jjvirvi2022. Apologies for the lateness of the reply. I am sorry, but currently we do not have AVB Milan support. Although there may be some bridges on the market, we have done no testing with them and therefore cannot officially recommend any of them. You could try asking your question on some of the HD96 FB pages and there may be some users on there who could offer further advice. Many thanks
      • Mar 22
  • New
    soundfangled
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01

Midas are busy and probably understaffed, so my ticket is taking some time to process. I have the ability to fix this issue, I just need a help indentifying the spare part.

Does anyone have the official service manual or can tell me what this ribbon is?

I've attached an image.

I need the ribbon by X6 on the UserCtrl PCB - it's become unseated and needs replacing.

Please help, I have a tour coming up and this is going to financially hurt if I cannot fix.

read more...
    0 25
    • soundfangled
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle with Music Tribe here. Could you please provide your Case number?
      • Feb 1
    • soundfangled
      eeeee if they dont sort you out a free replacement you can easy buy a soldering iron and some heatshrink sleeving. fix will take 30 seconds.
      • Feb 1
    • soundfangled
      soundfangled

Still no response from Midas.

• Feb 8
  • TomDoeven
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-25

I've got a show tomorrow with a tiny changeover so I want to be 100% sure I get this right. I have manually set the (linked) bus 11/12 and 13/14 to subgroup, turned off every channel I don't want to go to said subgroup, I think turned on the channels I do want to go to the subgroup, send subgroup to LR, cut said channels out of the LR, am I good to go? Or should I really manually set EVERY channel to subgroup? Now I'm asking anyway, that's the point of setting this per channel.. If I want bus 11/12 to be a subgroup, I want it to be a subgroup for every channel, right? Lastly, panning in the LR is copied to the linked subgroup I assume? 

read more...
    0 29
    • TomDoeven
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Tom, not quite right, if I'm understanding what you want to accomplish. Typical subgroup setup is for the desired channels to that subgroup are not sent directly to the Main LR. Instead they are sent to the subgroup for group processing. Then the subgroup output is sent to the Main LR. The on/off buttons you are seeing are for the channel sends to that subgroup. To disable the channels going directly to the Main LR, you have to do that on the channel's Main screen (disable LR). Also make sure that the subgroup buses (11/12 and 13/14) Main LR are enabled.

Yes, panning on the channel's pan will reflect in the subgroup.
      • Jan 25
      • M32 subgroup
        TomDoeven I got that, in this case channels 17 to 21 are disabled on the LR, and bus 11/12 is going to the LR. The question is if right now channels 17 to 21 are going to the subgroup, and all other channels can't go to the subgroup
        • Jan 25
    • TomDoeven
      Paul_Vannatto With respect to your screenshot, that is correct (assuming that channels 28-39 and Aux 1-6 are also off).
      • Jan 25
      • M32 subgroup
        TomDoeven They are. FX returns are off too. Thanks!
        • Jan 26
  • New
    EddieL
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-20

This happen to our m32 when we powered up console would not boot up got this message on the screen anyone know what I can do to get the console working

0 23
    • EddieL
      Paul_Vannatto Since we can't read what is on the screen, we can't help much other than suggesting you click on the Support above, fill in the form to create a repair ticket.
      • December 20, 2021
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-20

HERITAGE-D Series
    bit.ly/Midas-HERITAGE-D-Series

Live Digital Console Centres, Stage Boxes with Multiple Microphone Preamplifiers and Accessories
    The Midas HERITAGE-D Series Digital Mixers and I/O Interfaces are designed to serve our Tour Sound and Installed Sound Customers.

#Midas #HD9624CCIP #HD9624CCTP #HERITAGEDSeries #Mixers #Digital

read more...
    2 54
  • New
    BrotherBruce
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-07

I see the M32 in the M32 Edit Setup window and can select it, but when I hit Connect nothing happens.

PC and M32 on the same network, connected via ethernet switch.

M32 IP address 192.168.10.xxx
    M32 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    PC IP address 192.168.10.xxx

I can ping the M32 from the PC and it replies quickly.
    Win 10 Pro on PC
    V4.06 on M32
    V4.3 on M32 Edit

I allowed M32 Edit through the firewall to no avail.
    I tried running M32 Edit as Admin to no avail.

Please help me figure this out. Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 21
    • BrotherBruce
      BrotherBruce I just changed the M32 last octet to 125 vs 225 and it works now! I'd love to hear why this is so, because I thought the subnet mask would have allowed any setting for the last octet.
      • September 7, 2021
    • BrotherBruce
      Paul_Vannatto The last octet must be unique within the network environment. That means that if you have another device with the 125 as the last number, you have to choose another number that is not being used.
      • September 7, 2021
    • BrotherBruce
      BrotherBruce OK, thanks
      • September 7, 2021
  • New
    BrotherBruce
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-06

I think I've verified pretty conclusively that the pre-fader/post-fader settings for buses are not updated when recalling a scene. There are no safes set. When I look at the scene in M32 Edit, I can see the change, but the behavior of the console does not change when loading scenes. How can I get it to update these settings?

Also, I see a control in the Setup window in the M32 Edit tool. Under GUI Prefs, there's a checkbox for Sends Taps to Apply changes to all channels. Would you please explain its function to me?

My thanks in advance for your helpful answers.

read more...
    0 44
    • BrotherBruce
      BrotherBruce BTW, I'm referring to the channel pre-post settings on an M32
      • September 6, 2021
    • BrotherBruce
      BrotherBruce OK, I figured out the 2nd question (M32 Edit->Setup->Sends Taps) by experimentation. When selected, if a change is made to the Sends for a single channel, it will be applied to all channels, after a popup is accepted.
      • September 6, 2021
    • BrotherBruce
      BrotherBruce Still stuck on the first question. I made a change to my scene to change a single channel from pre-fader to post-fader and that change is sticky when my teammates load their scenes. It is not updated.
      • September 6, 2021
    • BrotherBruce
      DavidKnighton Hello BrotherBruce,
      Just did a test for Pre/Post channel sends from scene to scene and it's working as expected for me. I am running version 4.06 on the mixer. Might be best if you submit a TECH SUPPORT ticket via the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page. Provide us with a download link to both or all of your scenes so that we can investigate for improper settings. Otherwise, check your scene safes on your show control menu. Any safes to the channel config will likely inhibit the setting to be recalled for that particular scene.
      • September 6, 2021
    • BrotherBruce
      Paul_Vannatto I concur with David. Loading a scene using M32-Edit from either a scene in the X32 or from one on the laptop changed the channel sends taps as expected.
      • September 6, 2021
Go to page