Statistics

240,991 members
117,226 posts
  • New
    BrotherBruce
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-12

The text on M32 User Manual p22 does not seem to follow the image shown of the Dyn page in the user interface.

Specifically, I'm interested in the function of the Mix (0-100%) knob shown. I cannot find where it is described. I'm guessing it will implement parallel compression by adjusting the wet/dry ratio, but am confounded by the lack of description. When set to 100% does that mean there is no dry signal passed?

Is there another source of info on this product? I'm familiar with digital consoles in general, but each implementation is different and I cannot find the detail I'm seeking in many areas. I've read through all the M32 threads in this forum, downloaded all the documentation and searched in vain for a help file or more specific information. I really don't want to burden this board with continual questions about control function, location and detail, considering most of the questions here are of a more advanced nature.

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.

read more...
    0 10
    • BrotherBruce
      Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct. 100% mix results in 100% wet signal (0% dry). The reason the user manual does not describe it is because the manual is based on firmware 2.0 and the mix function was added in a later firmware update to provide functionality primarily for parallel compression application.
      • Jul 12
  • New
    RajatBanerjee
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-29

Midas m32 flip fadar not working

0 30
    • RajatBanerjee
      Dale_M Have you performed a factory reset or software update -can you advise if the console is now working? if not it may be best to go to the support tab and raise a Technical ticket with us.
      • Jun 29
      • Midas m32 flip fadar not working
        RajatBanerjee Firmware updated but fader flip not working
        • Jun 30
      • Midas m32 flip fadar not working
        KevinMaxwell What is the purpose of the picture of the M32 in this thread? If it is to show that the fader flip isn’t working it is only showing that the mixer isn’t set in a mode where you would see any faders flipped. Channel 1 is selected and DCA masters are selected. Fader flip doesn’t flip anything to the DCAs so you will never see anything flipped in that mode. It only flips the Mix Bus.
        • Jul 5
    • RajatBanerjee
      GaryHiggins Try finding and loading version 3.07, it has fader bank speed updates, then update to newer version. It has fixed similar situations, can’t hurt it any more if it’s hardware related. Might work. Worth a try. I have it if you can’t locate it.
      • Jun 30
  • New
    Midas76
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-25

Hello, I am looking for the part number for bus send encoders for the Midas M32. Something got dropped on the encoder knobs and I would like to get a replacement. They still work but when turned they spin funky.  If I need to replace the whole section that would be great too. Can anyone tell me if these are available and price? Thank you

read more...
    0 44
    • Midas76
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. If you could click on the support link above and open a parts ticket, someone can get the process started for you asap.
      • May 26
  • seanmd1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-22

hi, I install my new brant MIDAS 32 R on my pc, I have correctly connect the USB cable and parameters as well. In cubase 11 and studio one when i want changed pilote asio to DN 32 i have the message " no device is connect to pc. It work with Windows 10 recent upgrade. I cannot work with my daw.

Thanks you for your support . Regards Dan

read more...
    0 61
    • seanmd1
      RexBeckett Hi Dan, did you install the correct driver on your PC? The DN32-USB and DN32-Live cards use different drivers. If so, try a different USB cable and/or PC USB port. If possible, use a USB 2.0 port and connect directly, not through a USB hub.
      • Mar 22
  • New
    MCG1DUMC
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-18

Any suggestions on how to get this back up and running as soon as possible. We already had to do one last nights  service with a make shift rig.  

0 50
    • MCG1DUMC
      Dale_M Hi Dale here do you think you can submit a support ticket (technical) from the tab above and put FAO Dale in the subject line so I can help you please?
      • Feb 22
  • New
    ecsaba
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-15

Hello all,

I have an issue with the M32 Live soundcard driver v.4.59 installation on a Windows 10 PC. All the firmwares are up to date, the operating system on the PC is up to date but I cannot manage to get the Klark Tehnik soundcard working. Please check the attached pictures about current status. 

read more...
    0 66
    • ecsaba
      Nigel67 Hi ecsaba. It looks as though you are trying to use the DN32-USB driver instead of the DN32-LIVE driver.
      • Feb 15
    • ecsaba
      ecsaba The driver that I used is for the DN32-LIVE.
      • Feb 20
    • ecsaba
      Paul_Vannatto Are you plugged into a USB 3.0 port (blue) on the computer? If so, change to a USB 2.0 port (black). If you are already using a USB 2.0, replace the USB cable (yes they do go bad).
      • Feb 20
  • New
    nnw522
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-31

This is my setup for our church, Crossroads Church in Victor, Montana

2 91
    • nnw522
      GaryHiggins Nice! Welcome aboard!
      • Jan 31
      • I'm excited to become a new member!
        nnw522 Thank you
        • Jan 31
    • nnw522
      KevinMaxwell Is that M32edit stretched out over the 2 monitors? Now do you see over them to see the stage? Are you in a balcony tech area with no congregation seating behind you? And is that an EV635 plugged into the Talkback XLR?
      • Jan 31
        nnw522 Yes it stretched across both monitors. I'm planning on dropping the monitors down, as the stand for them is adjustable. I'm also planning on experimenting with dual touch screens at some point. Yes a balcony tech area with stage media, streaming station, and of course the audio desk. As for the mic you are correct. I need to get a proper boom mic for it at some point, but for now it works.
        • Jan 31
        GaryHiggins You might at some point perhaps consider:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E06JSI4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A19F97KYDWNFQQ&psc=1

These are very nice, the touch screens work perfectly, "Helium" stand lets them fold to almost flat if you like...or nearly straight up. I have 2 and am very happy with them...and not too hard on the wallet.
        • Jan 31
    • nnw522
      MarkNorgren Welcome! Two words, "Mixing Station." A great low cost app, MHO. Have fun and enjoy!
      • Feb 1
  • New
    ropilas
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-30

Hi,

I bought my Midas32 live last year January 2020 before Pandemic started! Do I need to update the firmware now? If so where I can get the firmware new versions and what version right now?

Thanks

Ronnie

0 60
  • New
    TDiddy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

Good Day everybody,

my name is Torsten. I'm a drummer and do drum recordings. I try to setup a Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15.

Midas Venice F32 console

FireWire cable 

FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter

Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch mid 2015, 2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Memory 16 GB

OS Catalina 10.15.4

On the page "Hardware" the Mac shows on the rider "FireWire" the Midas console and on the rider "Thunderbolt" the FireWire-Thunderbolt adapter.

But the audio in- and outputs of the Mac only show built-in microphone and built-in Output. The former owner, a very friendly man who stands by, used the OS 10.12. to drive the Venice. We hope that a downgrade from 10.15. to 10.12. could fix it. But on Mac that's not so easy. A procedure maybe for a Mac-expert. Has anyone a good idea or maybe experience in a simillar case?

Photo of Mac Screen is attached.

Thank you !

Good wishes and a wonderful christmas

Kind regards

Torsten

P.S.: I guess I can upload only one photo. It's my first time here. Maybe someone has a solution also so I can upload some more fotos..

read more...
    0 73
    • TDiddy
      DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
      Regrettably, the Venice F consoles are legacy products, and the last supported OS from Midas perspective is El Capitan, OS 10.11. Some users had some luck getting it to work on later OS, but those involved alterations to the OS that we could not fully support. Apple started phasing out firewire in their products in 2012 in favor of Thunderbolt, and that was pretty much the turning point for every manufacturer who carried Firewire in their product.
      • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        TDiddy Thank you, David, for your fast response. So we should try to install OS 10.11.? Thank you again and best wishes !.
        • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
        If version 10.11 is available, that would be your best option, as we have a Venice firewire driver download specifically for El Capitan.
        • December 24, 2020
        DavidKnighton The driver can be found here https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AD6 under the software tab. Driver for OSX version 4.2.1.
        • December 24, 2020
  • New
    rwpotter
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

As a keyboard player who is also running the monitor and FOH mixes.  I'm looking for an easy way to turn the vocal effects OFF while the lead singer is speaking, and ON while he is singing.  Can I map this to a button on my keyboard or to a footswitch somehow?  I see that the MR18 has a midi IN and OUT but I am uncertain how to obtain the desired mapping.  

read more...
    0 113
Go to page