Statistics

207,666 members
79,765 posts
  • New
    КонстантинКаза
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-16

Friends, are there any software developers for XR mixers in the group? Do you think it is possible to add the ability to sync the selected channel from other devices as it is done in UI mixers?

1 68
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto Why would you want to sync a Behringer product with a Soundcraft product? Or am I misunderstanding what you want to do?
      • Jan 16
      • X-Air Edit sync the selected channel from other devices
        КонстантинКаза I want X-Air Edit to get the channel synced with the selected channel on another device such as a tablet. The way this is implemented in the UI mixers I showed in the picture. Maybe there is an open source X-Air Edit?
        • Jan 17
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto The sync'ing is done by the X-Air console, not the Edit. X-Air Edit is only a client of the OSC server built into the console. Same with any of the tablet apps, such as Mixing Station, etc. This means that as long as X-Air Edit is connected to the console, any changes made by Edit will be reflected on any tablet apps (as long as they are also connected to the console).

X-Air Edit is the official editor app developed and supported by Music-Tribe and is not open source. But the OSC protocol (communication) is available (and included in the X-Air firmware package) for anyone to develop their own app.
      • Jan 17
        КонстантинКаза Paul I know all about what you wrote, but unfortunately the synchronization of the selected channel in applications on different devices does not occur. You can check it out. I know this option is there on the x32/m32 (screen follows mixer and selected channel follows mixer) but XR mixers do not have this, so I would like to know what is needed for software developers to add this feature.
        • Jan 17
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto On the X32/M32 the Mixer UI Link settings are because the X32/M32 have a physical screen as part of the mixer itself. Those settings are actually opposite to what you want. As you select a screen on the physical mixer screen, the X32-Edit screen will change. Same with the channel selection. But changing screens on the X32-Edit will have no affect on the mixer screen or any other app's screen connected to the mixer.

Furthermore, the X-Air mixers do not have any physical screen built into the actual mixer. So those settings are irrelevant.
      • Jan 17
        КонстантинКаза In this short video, I showed exactly what I need. https://youtu.be/5Z1gfnwIUyE Is it really difficult to make the application X-Air Edit select a channel when receiving the corresponding OSC command from the mixer " / - stat/rta/source 0, 1, 2..."???
        • ·
        • Mon at 12:20 AM
        Paul_Vannatto I see no correlation between your video and the OSC command you mentioned. That OSC command reports the source of the RTA and has nothing to do with a channel selection.
        • Mon at 4:50 AM
    • КонстантинКаза
      aleksmla65 Yes, i think Constantine's(КонстантинКаза) suggestion is very good and really necessary when using the X-Air Edit software simultaneously with several devices (computer and tablets)
      • Mon at 1:28 AM
    • КонстантинКаза
      Paul_Vannatto Trying to mix monitor mixes from FOH is just as near impossible as trying to mix FOH from the stage - not best practice and not recommended. Trying to do so is only fooling yourself.

I work alone for most of my events and either take the time (when available) to setup the monitors during soundcheck the way the musicians want them and/or provide them with either tablets and/or DP48 personal mixers. Once the event begins, I don't touch monitors, but concentrate on FOH. And at the end of the events, I always get great compliments about both the FOH and stage sound.
      • Mon at 1:31 PM
        КонстантинКаза What are the arguments here about how to work correctly and how not to work, in any case, it is correct to work as it is convenient, I am sure that it will not be difficult for developers to add this option, which will expand the functionality of the application and therefore attract customers. Since the competition has it, why not do it at home, even David Schumann promised to add it in the next update of the Mixing Station.
        • Mon at 9:20 PM
  • New
    Rockbanger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-16

I'm trying to use my XR 18 with Reaper for recording. Youtube videos recommend setting up the Device by changing the Audio settings in the Device settings in Reaper to ASIO and the driver to X18 ASIO Driver.

However i have searched the web for an X18 ASIO driver without success. The only thing i found was ASIO4ALL v2 which only provides HD Audio Mic input not 18 to 18 inputs and 2 to 2 out.

Where can i get the X18 ASIO Driver download please?
    read more...
    0 10
    • Rockbanger
      RexBeckett To download the X18 ASIO drivers, click on Software at the right side of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AWZ

Scroll down to the bottom of the list for the latest version of the Windows driver (4.59).
      • Jan 16
    • Rockbanger
      Paul_Vannatto Before installing the X18 ASIO drivers (that Rex has provided the link), uninstall the ASIO4ALL, It could interfere with the proper drivers performance.
      • Jan 16
  • New
    Cirrus747
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Here is a look at the iPhone mount for the Wing mixer. We may start making them if anyone is interested 858 229 0060 

0 22
    • Cirrus747
      Cirrus747 We I’ll also make them for iPads and also a version that will mount and uncounted easy to pack the Wing up.
      • Jan 15
    • Cirrus747
      Paul_Vannatto How does the mount attach to the Wing?
      • Jan 15
      • We made some iPhone ipad mounts for the Wing mixer
        PatrickGMaillot Probably using the screws available underneath the desk. Another way is to print a support that 'snaps/holds' to the thickness of the desk so you can easily remove it if your desk is in a flightcase. 3D printer!
        • ·
        • Jan 16
        Paul_Vannatto Yes my thoughts exactly (3D printed design that snaps on the side)
        • Jan 16
        PatrickGMaillot gave me an idea... just printed this afternoon... 30mn job.
        • ·
        • Jan 16
    • Cirrus747
      Cirrus747 No it’s just powder coated aluminum. Attaches under side with original screws. Will also make a quick disconnect so you can pack the wing back up with it not attached
      • Jan 16
  • New
    austinluce16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi all,

About to purchase an X32 for a venue.

The distance from where the X32 will be located to where the stage box will be located is near the upper limits of 300ft. 

I am wondering if I can install something like this photo below for the AES ports:

And then I would use something like this:

Kinda looking for help on if this is feasible to do for the stage box since the converter boxes are supposed to just convert 1:1 from Ethernet signal to fiber that it shouldn't change the packets but I'm not sure and didn't know if there was anyone out there who has done this sort of thing?

thanks for the help!

read more...
    0 8
    • austinluce16
      RexBeckett I'm afraid that this will not work. AES50 does not conform to Ethernet standards so cannot be passed through standard Ethernet converters. Klark Teknik offer some products that will convert or extend AES50. The DN9610 Repeater/Extender may be sufficient for your application.
      • Jan 12
    • austinluce16
      DavidKnighton Hello Austin,
      You can not use generic IP equipment with AES50. The appropriate device to transmit AES50 over fiber is a pair of Klark Teknik DN9620 or a pair of Klark Teknik DN9680.
      • Jan 12
  • New
    TheCroMan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-07

Hello: 

I have an issue with the Input section in the controlling software of my XR 12. I'm using the Linux software, but the same issue arises on my Windows PC as well. 

As you can see in the attached image below, the are where I can presumably select MIC/LINE in is not showing up in my software. I have the latest updated version of both the Linux and PC software. Is this a bug? Is there now a different are to choose MIC or LINE in?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 6
    • TheCroMan
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Josip, the lower screen you are showing is for the XR18 that provides 18/18 USB multi-track interface. The XR12 only has the stereo USB port for a USB stick. That is why you don't see the USB input section.

For the Mic/Line question, there is no separation. The first 4 channels have the combination input jack (XLR and 1/4"). The only difference is that the XLR jack expects a mic input and goes through the preamp, whereas the 1/4" bypasses the preamp. The other inputs are line only (1/4").
      • Jan 7
      • XR 12 Software Issue--Inputs
        TheCroMan Thanks for clarifying, Paul. One more thing: when I use the USB recording utility, I get very low volume output levels from my mic. I get appropriate levels for my music, but the audio from my mic barely registers when I import it into Audacity. Thanks again!
        • Jan 7
      • XR 12 Software Issue--Inputs
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Josip, what model of mic are you using and what is the gain set on the mic channel?
        • Jan 7
  • New
    TDiddy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

Good Day everybody,

my name is Torsten. I'm a drummer and do drum recordings. I try to setup a Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15.

Midas Venice F32 console

FireWire cable 

FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter

Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch mid 2015, 2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Memory 16 GB

OS Catalina 10.15.4

On the page "Hardware" the Mac shows on the rider "FireWire" the Midas console and on the rider "Thunderbolt" the FireWire-Thunderbolt adapter.

But the audio in- and outputs of the Mac only show built-in microphone and built-in Output. The former owner, a very friendly man who stands by, used the OS 10.12. to drive the Venice. We hope that a downgrade from 10.15. to 10.12. could fix it. But on Mac that's not so easy. A procedure maybe for a Mac-expert. Has anyone a good idea or maybe experience in a simillar case?

Photo of Mac Screen is attached.

Thank you !

Good wishes and a wonderful christmas

Kind regards

Torsten

P.S.: I guess I can upload only one photo. It's my first time here. Maybe someone has a solution also so I can upload some more fotos..

read more...
    0 10
    • TDiddy
      DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
      Regrettably, the Venice F consoles are legacy products, and the last supported OS from Midas perspective is El Capitan, OS 10.11. Some users had some luck getting it to work on later OS, but those involved alterations to the OS that we could not fully support. Apple started phasing out firewire in their products in 2012 in favor of Thunderbolt, and that was pretty much the turning point for every manufacturer who carried Firewire in their product.
      • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        TDiddy Thank you, David, for your fast response. So we should try to install OS 10.11.? Thank you again and best wishes !.
        • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
        If version 10.11 is available, that would be your best option, as we have a Venice firewire driver download specifically for El Capitan.
        • December 24, 2020
        DavidKnighton The driver can be found here https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AD6 under the software tab. Driver for OSX version 4.2.1.
        • December 24, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-12-21

WING Firmware Update

Version 1.10.1 - (21 December 2020)

The console 1.10.1 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The most significant implementation of this update is WebSocket support for remote communication. This update also offers a new sync option for channel and source customization, visual indication options for Sends on Faders as well as individual bus/main talkback send levels.

It is sensible to periodically check for new firmware updates. New features and bug fixes will be released regularly. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit the WING product page on behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your WING.

This new WING Firmware version contains:

New Features

WebSocket support for remote communication to WING Copilot and WING Q App

Option to indication SOF on button or main display

Fully symmetrical OSC subscription mode (for Palladium users)

Sync option for channel/source customization (uses active source)

Fader start GPIO output option

Option to show monitor level on main level meter

Indication of active/passive FX processors on FX overview page

Channel color led switched off when no source is selected

Option to enable individual bus/main talkback send levels (levels can be set on the talkback channel’s send page)

Highlighting of assigned Input/Output channels on routing pages (when touching device icons in AES50 device view)

Improvements

Mute override function now also working on touch screen

Indication of monitor level on meters when controlled with DCA

Faders fully disabled when console is locked (including remote fadermovements now)

Version 1.10.1:

Fix for SD-Cards not stopping recording

Fix for console crash when loading specific Snapshots with unassigned faders

Update Process:

1. Connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
    2. Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GENERAL Edit page in order to enable WING OS.
    3. A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
    4. Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
    5. After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your computer.
    6. WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Alternative Update from USB Stick:

1. Download any future FW updates from behringer.com and store it on a FAT formatted USB stick.
    2. Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING.
    3. Open the SETUP/GENERAL page and tap on the UPDATE icon on the left of the screen.
    4. A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the fw update is located.
    5. Select the correct FW update file and tap on UPDATE.
    6. After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console.
    7. The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
    8. Verify the update was successful by comparing the firmware version on the left of the SETUP/ GENERAL screen.

Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in the OS drive. However, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder.

Download here: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0BV2

read more...
    0 257
    • Behringer
      DaveMorrison "WING Summer Update" released on the first day of winter! That's funny. Are we really early or really late?
      • December 21, 2020
      • WING Summer Update - Firmware 1.10.1 Now Live!
        Paul_Vannatto In Australia (where Craig is from), it is summer... (LOL)
        • ·
        • December 21, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-12-21

WING Copilot 1.4 Release – Phase 4

The Copilot app supports different types of live or studio work, either when an engineer is away from the console or when tasks are split with others.

Phase 1. Performance Setup:

This section is especially tailored to the activities during setup and line-check. Prepare all Sources and Outputs while patching signals to I/O boxes on stage. Sources can be named, tagged, given a color or an icon. Sources also own the head-amp properties such as gain or phantom power.

Phase 2. Metering:

Additional metering can be displayed on your iPad next to your console touchscreen. It includes levels of all Sources, Channels and Outputs and an RTA that can follow the selected channel or be assigned to a fixed signal path.

Phase 3. Monitor Mixing:

The Monitor Mixing UI provides the essential parameters of personalized monitoring applications. In addition to individual channel sends, this section also provides an MCA view, where several channel sends can be adjusted by a single Mix Control Association. It also offers a lock function to reduce the risk of accidentally selecting the wrong bus.

Up to 4 MCAs can be given a descriptive name for the associated group of channels, and a color can be selected for additional clarity. Once the channel assignments are made, the MCA sliders can be used to increase or decrease the level of all associated channels.

Individual channel contributions to the personal mix can still be adjusted on the Mixer tab but dynamic adjustments during performance are easier using the MCA sliders.

Phase 4. Front of House:

The FOH section is designed for mixing from within the audience, essential when placing the console in a less than optimal position. Aside from good overview of all fader layers, this section also provides access to the processing of channels, buses, mains and matrices.

Key Features:

• Customize all Sources, Channels and Outputs
    • Declare WING Sources as Mono/Stereo/Mid-Side
    • Configure head-amp properties
    • Patch Sources to Channels and Outputs
    • Create and control connections between Channels, Buses, Mains and Matrices
    • Set up and control the Talkback
    • Metering for single Sources, Channels and Outputs
    • Control Monitor-Mixes for IEMs and wedges

Requirements:

* Requires a wireless router connected to the WING Personal Mixing Console

* Copilot 1.4 requires WING console firmware V1.10 or higher

iOS:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wing-copilot/id1447618712

Android: 
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=musicgroup.wapp&hl=en_GB&gl=US

More info on the Behinger WING console: 
    https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BV2  

read more...
    0 111
  • New
    FlavioB
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-19

Hi all.

I'd like to get some help understanding the tabs in the "Routing" section of the X32 Edit software.

I'll start from the left (Inputs), because that's probably the only tab I've understood :-(

INPUTS

As you can see, I do have two stage boxes (S16, A and B) connected and in use. In the above picture, my understanding is as follows:

Channel = the physical fader on the console
    Source = input preamp

Therefore, I would say that:

preamps 1-8 of the X32 are assigned to faders 1-8;
    preamps 9-16 of the X32 are assigned to faders 9-16;
    preamps 1-8 of S16-A are assigned to faders 17-24;
    preamps 1-8 of S16-B are assigned to faders 25-32.

This configuration tab is relevant, for what is under my fingers (live mode).

AES50

I have no clue about the AES50 tab :-( please help here :-)

CARD

My interpretation here is as follows:

USB (Card) channels 17-24 are fed by the preamps 1-8 of my S16-A;
    USB (Card) channels 25-32 are fed by the preamps 9-16 of my S16-A.

I don't understand what the "Ultranet" settings should be... thus I skip the tabs

• XLR
    • Out 1-16
    • Out Delay
    • Aux Out

and jump straight to the "Ultranet" tab.

ULTRANET

I'm not quite sure how to read this, mainly because I miss the understanding of what "Ultranet" is. Can anybody explain? To me, it looks like an abstraction layer of sorts...

Anyway, I think I read it as follows:

Ultranet channels ("virtual" ones, not the X32's faders) 1-16 are fed with the "Post Fader" signal from X32's channels (this time the faders on the console) 1-16

The "iQ Setup" is not (yet?!) relevant in my eyes, but both "User In" and "User Out" would be (I understand that these can help customizing the layout and work around the "limitation" of having to use blocks of 8 adjacent channels). Any help on the "User In" and "User Out" as well, would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Flavio.

read more...
    0 14
    • FlavioB
      CraigFowler Input tab:

Source>Input>Channel.

Your sources are your preamps\TRS inputs\digital inputs from the expansion card etc. (On a full size console,) up to 169 "sources" can be connected to the console at one time (32 local preamps, 48+48 on the AES50 sockets, 32 from the expansion card etc.) However the console only has enough processing power to mix 38 (+the USB 2-track + FX returns) of them at the same time. The Routing>Input tab is where you choose which 38 of those 169 "sources" will be the "inputs" that you mix.

By default inputs are mapped to channels 1:1. However you can change a channel to get its signal from an alternative input if you want.

AES50 tab.
      The AES50 protocol allows for 48x48 (@48kHz, this halves to 24x24 if you use the Midas Pro stuff at 96kHz.) This tab determines which 48 signals leave the console's AES50A/B sockets. The first 6 rows are the signals that leave from the console's AES50-A socket, the last 6 rows are the signals that leave from the console's AES50-B socket. eg in your screenshot, the Outputs (listed in rows) of AES50A1-8 are set as out1-8. This means that whatever is set in the top half of the out1-16 tab (the "out1-8" reference) will be the first 8 signals that leave the console via its AES50-A stream.

Card tab:
      Correct; signals leaving the console's expansion card.

XLR:
      Sets the signals to appear on the local XLR sockets on the rear of the console.

Aux Out:
      Sets the signals to appear on the local TRS\RCA sockets on the rear of the console.

Out1-16:
      A tab where you can stage direct outs + tap points for signals generated by the console's DSP (eg direct outs from channels, fx returns, buses etc.) The top half of this tab is referenced as "out1-8" in the rest of the routing table, the bottom half as "out9-16." Once signals are staged in this tab, you can dump these out1-8/out9-16 on physical output sockets (eg the local XLRs\AES50\Card sockets) to get the signals out of the console. By default these blocks are already assigned to the XLR and AES50 out tabs.

Out delay:
      You can dial in a line-delay to be applied to the signals staged in the out1-16 tab. Useful to time-align FOH to the backline, and\or setting up delay fills etc if you don't want to use external speaker management.

Ultranet:
      Same as Out1-16 tab in terms of being a staging ground for DSP-generated signals, but no attached delays. It's top and bottom halves are referenced in the rest of the routing table as "Ultranet1-8" (or "p16 1-8") and "Ultranet9-16" (or "p16 9-16") depending on which version of firmware\app platform you're using. This ultranet tab is also "hard patched" to the console's RJ45 ultranet socket. This is typically used for connecting to Behringer's p16 personal mixing system, but through firmware revisions, people started using it for other things too, (eg the out1-16+ultranet tab collectively allow for 32 direct outs from channels (with X32 processing) which could then be routed to the card out, if you wanted to record 32 signals with console processing to a DAW.)

iQ setup: This allows you to remotely manage some features of iQ enabled speakers connected to the console\stageboxes via ultranet.

UserIn\UserOut
      The console's architecture works (mostly) in blocks-of-8,for a long time you could only route signals in groups of 8; 8 adjacent preamps for your inputs, 8 adjacent signals staged on the out1-16 tab for your outputs. If you wanted to use 3 local preamps + 5 AES50-connected preamps for your first 8 channels, you couldn't. The userIn tab allows you to build your own block of 8 input signals of the 3 local + 5 remote preamps, then you can work with that one block of 8. It's similar for outputs. If you wanted 6 signals straight off preamps (eg 6 pannelist mics) and 2 signals from the out 1-16 tab (eg your LR mix) to appear on your card out (eg for a multitrack recording,) you couldn't. The userOut tab allows you to to build your own block-of-8 comprising those 6+2 signals, then you can dump that userOut block of 8 onto the card out.

HTH
      • December 19, 2020
      • Understanding routing (inputs, AES50, card, and so on)
        GaryHiggins To add just a bit to Craig’s excellent summary. The Aux out menu is also a staging menu similar to “Outputs 1-16” and “ Ultranet out” It does control what is sent from the aux jacks on the rear of the mixer BUT also defines what the digital signal is that is routed as Aux 1-6/M. Whenever Aux 1-6/M appears as a source within the routing menu, the Aux out menu defines the Aux 1-6 part of it. M is the L/R monitor. You have this as an option in the AES50 out, XLR out, Card out and User out routing menus The User out section additionally gives you the option of selecting single aux out ch's from that grouping as part of a block.
        • ·
        • December 20, 2020
  • New
    Cameron373
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-18

Hi, 

I have a Behringer Professional DJ Mixer-DJX700. The CD/PHONO switch is broken and must be replaced. I am an electronic technician and can fix it but I don't know where I can order the part. If you know please help me out.

Thanks!

Cameron

read more...
    0 10
    • Cameron373
      KyleJohnson Hi Cameron, Kyle here with Music Tribe. You can contact our Parts team if you click on Support at the top of the page and then select Spare Parts.
      • December 18, 2020
Go to page